Do Witches Really Exist?

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
DG Hear
DG Hear
5,709 Followers

She wasn't kidding. I took the pill and didn't wake up till noon the next day. At first, I thought it was all a dream until a heard a knock on my door. It was the police.

"Are you John Baker?" one of the two men asked.

"Yes I am, officer. What can I do for you?"

"Do you know a Marcie Clinton?"

"No I don't think so. I have a friend that stays here, her name is Marcie Dobson. She's lived here about three months."

They showed me a picture of Marcie and I told them it was her. She had a rap sheet as long as your arm. Prostitution, embezzlement and a number of other things. "Yes, that's her she went by the name Marcie Dobson, but I didn't know any of those other things about her, I swear."

"When is the last time you saw her, Mr. Baker?"

"It was the night before last. I talked to her last night. She was going to a company Halloween party. She called me about six. What's this all about? What are all these questions about Marcie? Did something happen to her? Did she do something wrong and was arrested?" I asked. I did my best to act a little surprised and aggravated.

"I'm sorry to inform you that she was found dead in the cemetery behind Shucks Farms."

"What? Dead? What happened to her? Why was she at the cemetery? She was supposed to be at the Halloween party?"

"We don't know the answers yet, to all those questions. The case is under investigation as we speak. We will tell you she wasn't alone and that she had your banks saving account book in her possession as well as two credit cards that were in your name. They were in the pocket of a Leo Meyer. Do you know this man?"

"No I don't. I think she dated a man named Leo before we met, but she said she had broken up with him months ago. I don't know anything about him. Did he have anything to do with her death?"

"We don't think so, because he was dead as well. We would like to know of your whereabouts last night."

"Surely you do suspect me?"" I said surprised.

"Where were you last night, Mr. Baker?"

"I went to the Elks lodge and was there till after one in the morning. I came home and crashed. I didn't wake up till noon. I played cards, watched the football game with a lot of guys that I'm sure will vouch for me."

"Mr. Baker, we have to ask you not to leave town without notifying us, until we know what happened here. We will be checking out your alibi and have to inform you that we have to hold these credit cards and your savings account book as evidence for now."

"I understand. Officer, can you tell me how she died? Any chance it could have been an accident?"

"We know it wasn't a accident; of that we are certain. We'll keep in touch," said the officer as they left.

Chapter 3

I was a mess; I had no idea what was going on but I knew better than to contact Sabrina. I received a call from my bank early Monday morning and was told that Marcie had been to the bank on Saturday and tried to withdraw a large amount of money from my savings account. They told her that in order to withdraw such a large amount, they would have to verify it with me directly.

She complained to them that I had signed the withdraw slip. After arguing with the branch manager she left in a huff. I checked the two credit cards that she stole and was told that they were used at the ATM but no money was given. The correct password was not used.

They did say that a couple of online purchases where made for a computer and big screen TV. I told them my cards were stolen and to cancel the purchase. I called the officer who was at my house and told him what I had found out.

He seemed a bit friendlier and told me that he had found out the same information and traced the delivery address to the home of Leo Meyer. He did say he checked out my whereabouts on Saturday and a number of people said I was there most of the night.

"Mr. Baker, There are a few things we need to talk about. Can you come to the precinct after work?"

I told him I would be there. When I arrived he offered me a cup of coffee, which I accepted, and we sat in his office. "Mr. Baker, the cause of death for both Marcie and Leo was asphyxiation. All the oxygen was removed from their bodies."

"What? I don't understand, I never heard of such a thing."

"That's not all," said the officer. "There were two other men found at the scene who also died of asphyxiation. They were known hit men and had fired gun shots into the door before dying. We believe you were their target. One of the men had a picture of you as well as some personal information on you."

"Why? Is it because of the money I won in Atlantic City a few months back?"

"We believe that Marcie and Leo contrived a plan to get your money. It seems they hired the hit men to see that you wouldn't be there to testify against them. Marcie and Leo have worked together in a couple of other cases but the witnesses always turned up dead."

"This is so hard to believe that they would kill me over money. Come to think of it people kill for a lot less than a half million dollars."

"There is another suspect that we are checking out. Do you know Brad Holladay?"

"Yes, I met him at the Elks lodge. He invited me to his wedding, where I met Marcie. Do you suspect he is involved?"

"Right now he is a person of interest since he basically introduced you to Marcie and he worked with both Marcie and Leo."

****

I got a call a few days later from the officer and he said that Brad had been cleared. He was at the Halloween party but didn't partake of having sex with Marcie. They did find six men that did, but all said she and Leo were alive and well when they'd left them.

He did say that Brad had told Marcie that I had won a lot of money and knew we dated but had no idea she and Leo were criminals. Brad stopped me at the lodge and apologized over and over to me.

It was a month later when the officers said the case would stay open but that I was free to go about my business. They weren't able to figure out the asphyxiation or who had locked the mausoleum door from the out side, so that part of the case would remain open.

It was in all the newspapers but I wasn't mentioned. Just that there were four bodies found in the mausoleum and the doors were locked and all four people were asphyxiated. They did mention the four people were criminals and that the mausoleum was owned by Leo's ancestors and that's how he had gotten the key to get into it.

I got a call from Sabrina and she asked me to come to the store. They were ready to talk to me. As I entered the store, Sabrina pulled the shade and turned her store sign to closed.

A man came in from the back room. It was the man from the cemetery. To say I was worried, would have been an understatement. I guess Sabrina could see it in my face.

"We're not going to hurt you, John. We thought you deserved to learn the truth, since you followed our advice and left us out of it," said Sabrina.

Sabrina began to explain. "John, when you came in and said you began remembering Serena I was a bit worried, especially since you wouldn't take another potion. I contacted Serena and asked her what she wanted to do. She told me to have you followed and to find out how you were doing."

"How is Serena? A day doesn't go by that I don't think about her." I know I had a deep sadness in my eyes.

"She's fine John. Anyway, we followed this Marcie woman, and then she was with this Leo fellow. Without going through a lot of small talk we found that they were planning on stealing your money from you and had hired a couple of hit men to see that you didn't talk.

"We had followed them for over a month and when we told Serena what was going on, she asked us to protect you. You have to understand, that it isn't something we do, watching over mortals. That's when I called you and told you about the cemetery and Marcie.

"We heard that Marcie tried to withdraw your money and was basically caught by the bank and that they might have to get rid of you sooner than expected to protect themselves."

"How are you able to know and do these things?" I asked.

"John, there are some things we won't tell you. Anyway, after I called you, we found out the hit men were going to be at the Halloween party. We knew you were in danger so Thor came to help you."

"You're Thor, Serena's brother?" I asked.

"Yes, Serena asked for my help. She wanted you protected."

I almost broke out in tears thinking of Serena. I didn't want to look so weak in front of Thor and Sabrina. "So I guess you used a curse or potion of some kind. The police have no idea what happened. All they told me was they knew the door of the mausoleum was locked from the outside and that a lot of gunshots were fired. They had no idea how the room and their bodies were all void of any oxygen."

Thor handed me a book titled, 'STEAL THEIR ENERGY CURSE'. On the first page it said, "Designed to drain the target of their positive energies, this curse often leaves the target weak and defeated. The principle driving this is the use of notions to steal the air out of a room. When opened or sprayed in a room it sucks out all the oxygen and kills anything that is alive in the room, by making the room void of any air or oxygen whatsoever. The more that is used in a room the more oxygen it uses up."

I looked up at Thor and asked him, "Why did Serena do all of this for me?"

"Ask her yourself," he said as Serena came out of the backroom.

She looked so beautiful and I know I had tears coming down my cheeks as I went to her and hugged her. I didn't care if her brother and sister saw me. "I've missed you so much! I love you Serena, I wanted to ask you to marry me the night you went away. Why did you tell your parents about us?"

"I don't keep secrets from my family, especially things this important. I wasn't sure what to do," said Serena.

"I'm not sure what you mean."

"John, I was pregnant with your baby and not sure what to do. I went to my parents for answers. That's why I had to leave."

"What happened to our baby?" I asked.

"She's beautiful John. I need to know what you want to do now."

"You mean now I have a say-so in the matter. I still want to marry you and now raise our baby. Will your parents let us marry?"

"Yes John, I guess it's not the first time that a mortal and a witch made a baby."

"I know this is an odd question but is she a witch or a mortal?"

"We won't know till she gets older John. The good news is we can finally be together and you can introduce me to your family. The only thing you can't tell anyone is that I'm a witch."

She brought my baby daughter out and I cried as soon as I saw her. She looked so much like her mother. She was so beautiful; she even had her mothers dimples.

Epilogue:

I introduced my parents and sisters to Serena. They asked me why I had never told them I had a girlfriend. I told them we met and then she had to leave for a few months. When she came back, she told me she was pregnant and I was the father.

Serena told me to stay close to the truth because it was much easier to remember. We showed my parents their grandchild and they were so happy for us.

We set up a wedding date and I finally met my future in-laws. It was odd meeting them because they didn't seem or look any different from anyone else. They owned a number of pharmacies and said that Serena would be back managing this one.

I was told by Serena's father that she was very special to him and that I had better always treat her right. I let him know that Serena and my baby girl, who we named, Molly were my life.

Life was great now and I couldn't imagine it being any better. The death of Marcie and the others was never solved. I did find out though, that there were other unsolved murders of a similar nature but knew better than to ask any of the family about them.

*

Thank you for reading my story

Comments are welcome and appreciated.

DG Hear

DG Hear
DG Hear
5,709 Followers