Do You Believe In Magic?

Story Info
Lightning strikes, maybe once, maybe twice...
7.2k words
4.64
58.2k
63
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
griffin57
griffin57
567 Followers

This is dedicated to my editor and muse. Love you MJ.

*****

"So when are you going to ask Megan out, Mark?"

I caught my best friend Danny Tyler smirking out of the corner of my eye. We were headed home from a movie and bantering back and forth as usual. I mentioned that I liked her in passing, but Danny was all over it like a duck on a June bug.

"When I am good and ready, Compadre," I chuckled, "Besides, she ain't perfect. You know what I want."

"Yeah, I've heard this one before Sport. Don't give me that old BS,"

"It ain't BS Danny," I explained for the 50th time, "It's really simple. I am looking for the girl that is your female twin."

Danny recited 'your female twin' at the same time I did. It got to be our mantra after a while. Danny has always been my best friend and we completely click on every cylinder. It's just that he is a guy and I like girls. Not that he's gay or anything. He has taken out his fair share of Babes. But I am definitely the more timid of the two of us and have a little problem talking with the fair sex.

"Look Mark, we will be buds forever, but I am telling you right now. I don't have a female twin," He laughed like usual.

"I just wish I could talk to a girl as easy as I can talk to you. A guy can dream, can't he?" I laughed back.

"So tell me again, what happened, while I was gone last week,"

I've told him the story about 10 times now, but Danny got some kind of perverse pleasure, each time I repeated it. I sighed and started #11.

"Like I said D. I was driving down by Pendleton River. It was raining pretty hard, when I saw the lights of a car, that must have plunged through the guard rail and into the Knobs hole."

"The deep part," Danny reminded me.

"Yeah the deep part. It just started to sink when I skidded my Blazer to a stop. A bright flash of lighting showed a woman, that appeared out of no where, beating on the window, trying to get in. She screamed that her baby was still inside the sinking car. I dove in the water as the vehicle submerged. There was an air pocket and a little girl inside. I pried one of the doors open and pulled her out. I dragged her to the surface. Her mom cried and carried on, but the girl was okay, just scared."

"Now tell me what happened next," Danny prompted.

"Okay, but stop interrupting me," I quipped, "I drove them home and ushered the two of them inside. Their family was waiting for them and took them in to another room. After a moment one of the older men came out and thanked me profusely for rescuing the little girl. I was just grateful that it had a happy ending. I was about to leave when I felt a tug on my sleeve. There was this really old woman that seemed to appear out of nowhere and pretty near scared the shit out of me. She told me to sit at the dinner table. She told me that I had just saved her Great granddaughter. Not only was she part of the family, but the future Queen of that Gypsy tribe."

"I thought that she was off her rocker. She then grabbed my hand with strength I would have never suspected to come from someone her age and stared my palm for a bit. Then she told me that she could see I was a good man, but seemed to be lacking in the romance department. Not exactly late breaking news. She then recited some gobblity gook, pressed her other hand to my forehead. I swore there was a flash of light and when my eyes readjusted, she looked even older and frailer. After a bit she rose from her chair and told me my reward would be to make one wish when the clock struck 12, during the next full moon. She thrust this dream catcher thing-ma-jig in my hands and told me to hang it in my window, peer through it at the moon, make my wish and then I would have my hearts desire,"

"Now you can finally get those Scooby Do pajamas you've been wanting," Danny teased.

I rolled my eyes at the comment. We pulled into his driveway. I looked at him in the darkness as the full moon was barely rising over his shoulder.

"Yeah, I know it's dumb. Had a good time at the movies Danny,"

I started trudging across the street to my house.

"Sorry I teased you buddy," he called after me, "Come over tomorrow morning and my Mom will make us some breakfast before we go to work."

We worked at the same Best Buy outlet.

"Sure Danny, sure," I half heartedly returned.

I must have lay in bed a half hour. The moon had risen high enough to be plainly seen through my bedroom window. I thought of the gypsy dream catcher that I crammed in my desk drawer. We always made light of the 'female twin' thing, but it was true. I always thought of my dream girl as a female Danny. Yeah, romantic and stupid, that's me all right.

The drawer opened as I pulled its handle and there the dream catcher lay. I picked it up half expecting something magical. Nothing... not even a so much as a sparkle... I moved to the window. A piece of string made it the right height. I peered through the middle like I was sighting in a rifle. The full moon was perfectly framed in the aperture of the Gypsy creation. I wished for that which was in my heart. I asked for a female version of Danny to love and be my soul mate. It might seem silly, but it was my fondest desire, still... nothing happened. I said it again, this time out loud, so there was no question about it. But again... nothing, not even a peep... so I slunk back to bed and fell into a deep, dark abyss.

*******************

If the banging at the front door couldn't wake the dead, it didn't miss by much. It sounded like a whole construction crew was starting to demolition the front of the house. Then I thought I heard someone yelling, calling me by name, and warning me to get my ass out of bed. Who the hell did I piss off that badly?

I opened the front door to a chick in pajamas, slippers and a robe. I don't know what surprised me more, her calling me a son of a bitch or the right cross she aimed at my chin. Either way I went down in a heap.

"W-what in the Hell?" I sputtered.

She was damn cute but I swear I had never seen her before in my life. She was worked into a total frenzy and for a second I thought she was going to take another swing at me. But she finally, and with great determination, regained her composure.

"What the fuck did you do to me, Mark?" Her voice was almost a growl.

"I have no idea who you are, or where you came from Ba-."

The young lady now shoved her clenched fist right in front of my eyes.

"You call me 'babe' and I swear I will knock your front teeth out." She interrupted, "And as for where I came from, it was from the house across the street."

I shook my head, but had sense enough to stay on the floor.

"That can't be. That's where my buddy Danny lives."

"Well no shit, Sherlock. What gave you the first clue?"

Even though she was smaller than me, I decided not to risk angering her even further.

"Where's Danny? We can get this whole mess straightened out."

She stared at me incredulously.

"Mark, you moron. I am Danny!"

With that I was able to relax a bit, as I was pretty sure what was up.

"Okay! You had your laugh Danny. You can come out of hiding now."

This had to be one of his pranks. I smiled and craned my neck to see where he might be hiding. The chick in her PJs didn't seem amused. She pushed me hard and I backpedaled backwards trying my best to remain upright. I failed when I hit the back of the sofa. My momentum continued and I flopped over top. She jumped over and landed on me, still spitting venom.

"Let me tell you how I woke up old buddy!" She snarled, "I went to bed last night and everything was fine and dandy. But I woke up this morning in a white and brass futon. My room had gone from dark blue to baby blue. My Led Zeppelin poster changed to Taylor Swift and suddenly I had tits and no dick."

Tears welled up in the corners of her eyes. She was serious. Well, either she was serious or she was the best actor I ever met. I tried to calm her. This was looking less like a prank and more like the ranting of a psychopath.

"Look... Miss, I am sure if..."

"You still don't believe me, do you?" She interrupted. Tears started to trace down her cheeks, but she was still furious, "Remember at summer camp two years ago, when I caught you beating off?"

"Wha... Dammit Danny, you swore you'd never tell anybody..." I was livid.

Then the reality of what I barked finally hit me, as Danny finally lost any composure that she... or as I now knew him to be... HE... might have been keeping...

"I never did, Mark!" she shouted, "I nev-er d-d-did..."

This final admission caused the damn to burst. The girl buried her face into my chest and started sobbing. Instinctively I patted and gently rubbed her back. Finally after several minutes, she got herself off of me, and sat down on the sofa. I righted myself and settled in next to her. But this just seemed to make her uncomfortable... so she jumped up and began pacing back and forth.

"Y-y-you really ARE Danny ...aren't you? T-t-this isn't a joke... right?"

She turned to me and pulled up her pajama top exposing a substantial pair of tits.

"Do these look like a joke, Mark?"

I stared half in disbelief and half in awe. She suddenly colored at my reaction and covered back up. I was at a loss for words. Tears still fell from her eyes. I rose up and she melted into me sobbing again. I held her for a few minutes. She looked up at me, blushed again and backed away.

"The High School Diploma on my wall was issued to Danielle Lynn Tyler, not Daniel Lawrence Tyler. There was even a cheerleading trophy for Danni 'in appreciation for four years as team captain'," She sniffed, then plunked back down on the sofa and put her head in her hands, "I don't remember any of it."

"D-D-Danny? It is... it IS really you!" I blurted out as she looked up at me.

"Well thanks for finally coming up to speed, Mark. Problem is... it gets worse than that. Seems that Bill 'If I only had a brain' Swenson took me to prom. There was a picture of the two of us on my dresser, this morning. Gawd! I can't stand that moron!"

I was trying really hard to digest all of this... evidence.

"Who else knows the truth, Danny?" but was afraid of the answer.

"My Mom left me a message on my 'fucking pink' cell phone." Danny acted mortified and held it up, her eyes focused on an imaginary spot on the ground, as if in a trance, "She said that she had bought me the Tampons I wanted."

Danny turned red and sputtered some more.

"She also said that she didn't think Bill appreciated me and that maybe I should... should..." She really turned crimson.

"Should... what Danny?" I was really afraid of this answer.

Standing there stunned, her reply finally erupted like a lava spewing volcano.

"She thought that I should date" finally looking up at me, the emotions turned her eyes glassy, "She thought that I should date you... seeing as we were best friends to begin with."

The two of us just stood there in silence, flabbergasted by the situation, until I finally spoke up "If your own Mom thinks you're a girl, then you and I are probably the only ones that know the difference."

"Did that old woman do this to me? Cause I can't think of anything short of divine intervention that would do this?"

She cupped herself exasperatedly, then her anger boiled to the surface again.

"So what... just exactly... did you wish for Mark?"

I tried to remember, last night was fuzzy. I finally mentally focused. "I-I asked for a female version of you... for me to love and be my soul mate." My head drooped to the floor, "I never thought that it would..."

"Change me into a girl." She finished.

The melody of Teardrops on my Guitar manifested itself out of thin air. We both looked at each other. Danny rolled her eyes and pulled her pink cell from a pocket. She pressed the answer button, and after listening for a few seconds, put her hand over the speaker.

"Its work, wondering where I am. I don't think I can face customers like this. What should I tell them?"

I thought hard and then smirked.

"Tell them you have female problems,"

Danny went to repeat the message and did a double take. Her hand was still over the speaker. "Well, no shit Mark,"

Then she giggled a bit. She actually giggled. Damn, she was a doll. 'What the fuck am I thinking?' I wondered.

"We need to find that old woman," Danny announced after she finished begging off work.

"Then go get some clothes on and we will drive back to their house,"

I threw some jeans, my Nikes and a clean shirt on, grabbed my keys and parked my car in Danny's drive. The front door was open and I could hear cursing. I headed upstairs making sure I made enough noise that Danny knew I was there.

"Mark, help me with this, would you?"

Danny was wearing Jeans, but she seemed to be holding a pink bra out with one hand and trying to cover her tits with the other. "How the hell do they get these on anyway?"

"Can't you go without?" I wondered.

"Don't think so, these hooters are way too bouncy. But I'm sure you noticed THAT already as you were certainly staring at them." She smirked.

My face burned with embarrassment.

"What am I supposed to do with that?" I said taking the lacy bra, trying to change the subject.

She turned her back to me and pulled her long, to the middle of her back chestnut hair, to one side. She threaded her arms though the straps and adjusted herself into the garment. I couldn't help but look.

Her eyes narrowed, she turned and smacked the back of my head. "C'mon, hook me up Mark. I can't reach," I hesitated before she taunted, "C'mon buddy... we ain't got all day."

I moved forward and clumsily took the ends in my hands. My problem was that Danny's scent was almost intoxicating. And peering over her shoulder, her substantial cleavage made it worse. I felt stirrings that bothered me. After I hooked the clasp, Danny stepped away, but my shock paralyzed me and I still had a hold of her bra. Like a dog on a leash, she was pulled up short and stumbled back into me. She squealed, and it wasn't with delight. She turned around sputtering in shock.

"Wha... y-you... Mark! You've got a hard on!" She shivered, "Ewwwwww!"

"Oh... D-Danny, m-my God! I am so sorry," I turned away, my gaze lowered to the carpet of her room and tears leaked out of the corners of my eyes, "I can't help it. You are just so damn beautiful."

It came out as a whisper and I reddened from shame. I felt her hand on my shoulder. I looked up and her expression was a mixture of empathy and sympathy.

"It's okay Mark,"

As we looked at each other, we seemed able to connect on levels we never could have before.

"Lets go find that Gypsy woman. It will be good to get you back to normal," I lied.

****************

It wasn't hard to find the house. It was just slightly outside of town, a little further then where Danny and I lived, except to the south instead of the west. It was an old clapboard-sided dwelling that was actually kept up better than the surrounding neighbors. Several cars were in the driveway and along the road. I thought they must have been having some sort of gathering. As we approached the house Danny took my hand without realizing it. I think she was a bit apprehensive over what we would find. I was too, but holding her hand was worth it. We went to ring the doorbell and the door opened to a middle aged man who wore a very sad expression.

"Can I help you?"

Another voice piped up from behind him.

"It's okay Alexi. This is the young Man that saved Isabel." The little girl's mother greeted us, "I'm Tessa."

She shook my hand and I introduced Danny.

"I was hoping we could talk to the older Lady that was here the night that I brought you home."

The older man cleared his throat and spoke up. "I am afraid you cannot speak with Aunt Magda, she is... asleep."

"But we need to ask her a question. I promise we won't keep her very long." Danny pleaded.

The eyes of the man turned dark, but before he could speak, Tessa stepped out onto the porch. She took my arm and led Danny and I a few steps away from the dwelling.

"I am so grateful to you, for what you did for us, but you don't understand what Alexi meant. When he said that Magda was asleep, it is the sleep that she will never awaken from."

I was confused but Danny picked up on it right away...

"S-S-She died?"

Tessa gave a slight nod.

"She passed over last night at Midnight. She was dying from old age, but her last act created a spell to grant you your hearts desire,"

Danny's voice caught in her throat.

"Y-Y-You mean I have to s-s-stay like this?"

I told Tessa what my wish had been, and the result. She eyed Danny with amazement.

"By all that is Holy, Magda was more powerful than I thought. I am sorry, but her spell cannot be reversed. If it is any consolation, you are very beautiful."

Danny's tears started flowing and she turned to me and cried on my chest as I held her. I kissed her head as she sobbed. Tessa took a handkerchief from her pocket and handed it to Danny. The gypsy woman then briefly hugged her and whispered in her ear. The two of us returned to my car and headed for home.

Danny's Mom was tending to a sick relative and wouldn't be home for a few days. My parents were on a ski trip to Aspen Colorado and wouldn't return for a week. As bad as Danny felt, I couldn't leave her. We finally ended up on her bed. I held her for hours, only separating from her to cook some dinner for us. When she came down to dinner she was wearing a long pajama top. We ate and then tended to the dishes. She hardly said a word, but when we were done with our chores, she hugged me and held me close.

"Thank you for what you did Mark," She smiled slightly, "We always seem to be there for each other, don't we?"

"I will always be there for you Danny," I swore.

"Well isn't this cozy? Get your hands off my girl dweeb!" Bill Swinson... all 325 beefy pounds muscled through the open door.

I backed away, but not quickly enough. He grabbed me by my shirt.

"No, Bill. Leave him alone,"

Danny tried to step between us and got pushed across the room for her trouble. He back handed me before I could speak and went to hit me again.

"Bill, why do you want to play with him, when you could play with me." I did a double take. Danny had pulled her shirt off. The hulking idiot tossed me aside like I was a rag doll.

"There baby... that's what I'm talking about. You don't need that Homo,"

I was bleeding from a gash on my forehead, where I T-boned the counter, but I could have swore that I saw Danny pop her bra off and walk into Bill's waiting arms. I then heard a scream and the Incredible Bulk hit the floor, collapsing into a moaning fetal position. Danny was now standing over him and pulled her t-shirt back on. She was way beyond pissed as she now produced a wicked looking kitchen knife and flashed it in front of his bulging eyes.

"You ever touch Mark again, I won't just kick you in your fuckin' nuts, you'll have to go huntin' for 'em, 'cause I'll cut 'em the fuck off... You got me buster?"

Danny grabbed him by his nose to provide the motivation, and I don't know how he did it, but the bruiser made it to his feet, and with tears streaming down his cheeks, stumbled out of the house. Danny was at my side in an instant. She had a rag and was dabbing my forehead. Now suddenly there were tears in HER eyes.

"If that idiot had hurt you I would have killed him. Are you alright?" She cried as she helped me to my feet.

I was a bit woozy, but she held on to me. Danny helped me to the sofa in the living room. We were side by side and she just about had my bleeding stopped. It must have been minor. I was blown away by her concern for me.

"Mark? I have to know something. Before we left Tessa's house, she told me that you... you were in love with me. Is that true Mark?"

griffin57
griffin57
567 Followers
12