Does Honesty Pay? Yes, a High Price

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Getting even? Can you hear yourself, Susan? Sure, I screwed up. I got nothing out of it, I don't even remember fucking her if I did. You, on the other hand, fucked three married men. Four marriages were destroyed. You used friends, not strangers to get back at me. That still wasn't enough, you had to go further, humiliating me, tying me up, and making me watch your blatant adultery. How is that possibly getting even!"

She shrunk away from him, in fear. He'd never lifted a hand against her. He couldn't, it wasn't in his nature. But he finally understood. She would have done it to him, so she had to believe he'd do it to her.

He abandoned her in the tub, and tore the bedding off the bed. Halfway through remaking it, he knew he could never sleep there again. Where she brought her lovers, where she fucked them. Where she tied him down, handcuffed him, abusing his trust. He put on shorts, went to the living room, and opened the sofa bed. He was lying there, wondering how such a simple mistake as drinking too much, could end up in such a disaster.

She whimpered as she climbed into the bed beside him.

"Are you alright?" he asked.

"No. I ache all over, but the worst pain is inside. I've destroyed us, haven't I? Me and my stupid revenge."

He nodded, and pulled her close. "I wish it were otherwise. I'm scared of you."

"It... it gets worse, Keith."

He chuckled. "Really? Worse? How could it possibly get worse?"

"You didn't cheat on me. It was all for nothing. I ruined our lives for nothing."

"What... when... how did you find out? When?"

"Tonight. I heard Tim talking about it. You passed out, and they thought it would be funny to strip you and put you in that woman's bed. A stupid joke. If they had admitted it once you confessed the truth to me, we probably could have laughed it off. I might have gotten pissed at you for flirting and drinking too much, but it would have been over. But no, they took advantage of my anger to fuck me, and fuck us over." She clung to me, crying. "I'm sorry."

He held her, until she fell asleep. He was having a harder time of it. He didn't believe in revenge. He knew what it could lead to, but Tim and his buddies were going to pay.

~ * ~ * ~

Keith's Story: One Year Later

Claire's was the only marriage that survived.

When Jane found out that I had never done anything, that her husband thought it was a big joke, then went ahead and fucked Susan, she blew up. She stabbed him in the back, at the dinner table, at least a dozen times. She's in jail for a long time. Tim's in the ground. I guess he paid, the ultimate price, but not at my hand.

Once Karen learned there was good sex to be had, she dumped her husband, used the 'revenge' tape to rape him in the divorce, and proceeded to increase her experience exponentially. She brought out the video during the divorce, and made fun of the 'big man with the tiny pee-pee'. Word got around. Karen convinced me to let her make a video of my using her in all three holes, wearing her wedding dress. She sent it to him. He's moved away, God it must be five months now. Broke, humiliated, and abandoned, Roger paid. Quite a high price, and I was pleased to contribute.

Karen's a regular fuck buddy, and we play at least once a week. She's fun and appreciative. I use extra-strength condoms, and get tested regularly. She teases me about it, swears she always uses protection, and gets checked monthly. She's a great time in the sack, but better safe than sorry. Karen's having a good time, and keeps bringing new experiences and tricks to our get-togethers. Her cousin Holly was one of them. That was a hell of a weekend. Eye opening. Karen claims she's a 'little' bi- now. She loves the cock, but for the right woman, she'll make it a threesome. She's brought the right woman with her twice. Shame on me for encouraging her. She keeps telling me that once she works it out of her system, and once I get over Susan, we'll be a thing. It's a nice little fantasy, but that's all it is. I love fucking her, I do. But I don't love her.

Claire showed up on my doorstep a few days after my divorce. Apologetic. For her husband, for not watching over me at the party, for talking to Susan about my behavior, and for her little revenge stunt. When I called Jane that terrible night, to ask her to release me and fill the women in on what their husbands were up to, they were all furious. I shouldn't have told them anything until they freed me, but they insisted on knowing why I was restrained before they'd let me go. It was Jane's idea to beat the hell out of my wife. It was Claire's idea to use me as part of their revenge.

When she showed up at my door on a Friday afternoon, I soon learned she was naked under her coat. The bag she was carrying contained restraints.

"No fucking way, Claire. Besides, you're still married."

"Legally separated. He has his own apartment. It's all over but the fat lady singing," she insisted. "He's just slowing things down, wasting our time and money."

"Still, what you're talking about doing is crazy. I don't believe in revenge. Look where it's gotten all of us."

"This isn't revenge, Keith. I understand the dangers of that now. This is balancing the scales, making amends. I took advantage of you when you were tied down, and you didn't deserve it. I was cruel, and I feel terrible. I have nightmares about it. Please, Keith? Tie me up, and use me, like I used you. I'm yours until Sunday night. I'll feel better about it, and maybe I can move on. I think you'll feel better about it too. At the worst, you can have a weekend of wild and kinky sex, with a broad that's not half bad looking. Please?"

By the time she left Sunday, I was seriously fucked out, and the crazy little slut-puppy had a permanent grin tattooed to her face. I bought a book on bondage, another on rope-play. I watched some videos, studied them. We made a habit of getting together about once a month, usually only for a night or two. Spent a week together at her family's lake cabin, and afterward I thought for sure my dick was going to fall off. The woman was near as insatiable as Karen.

I learned that John, her husband, was still trying to get them back together. They were separated but not divorced, and he was fighting it every step of the way. He'd even convinced the court to mandate marriage counseling. After the first few sessions she was a holy terror to be around. I'd keep her gagged most of the time my cock wasn't in her mouth. He hadn't been an instigator, but he'd done the deed, and Claire was royally pissed that he'd had such a good time doing it.

The week after our mini-vacation, I had her out for dinner.

"I'm gonna give it another try," she said softly, over dessert. I wasn't sure I'd even heard her.

"Try?"

"My marriage."

From the way she'd talked, I never would have expected that. "Good for you. I hope it works out. The guy might be an asshole, and a lousy friend, but I think he loves you." I might even have meant it.

"He does. I... I still love him. I miss him sometimes." She was quiet, introspective, before looking up and giving me a dazzling smile. "That's why our times together are so wonderful. It doesn't make sense, it should work the opposite, but I forget about him when I'm with you. I forget everything, for that small window of time. All the emotional hurt goes away."

Claire came home with me, and we made love. No more crazy fucking, acrobatics, toy marathons, or bondage games. I made love to her, and held her while she cried. I might have shed a tear or two of my own. The next morning, she kissed me goodbye, went home, and let him in. She'd told him to be there at 10:00 am on the dot. She waited until 10:10 to leave my place, refusing to clean up after our morning tryst. I think he got the message, and I got a little payback of my own. We're friends now. Even John and me, sort of. Sometimes I'll take a walk down memory lane. She'll catch me, and give me our smile. There was something between us. It wasn't love, but it was good. Damn good. A hint of it remains, and every once in a while, a mannerism, a laugh, a light touch will spark it, we'll share a moment, and we'll move on.

I know John sees it. It probably kills him. Claire and I both understand. It was wonderful, but it's in the past, and it ain't coming back. But every once in a while, that spark goes off, and I remember.

John remembers too. He's had to pay his price, a steep one. He keeps paying it to this day. I'm satisfied, and feel good about my role in extracting payment.

And then there's Susan.

Susan was repentant, apologetic, and probably would have done anything in her power to make things right, but it just wasn't possible. It was too much. I still love her, and it's obvious she loves me and is waiting for a chance. I don't think it's going to happen. The divorce was amiable, equitable, and we're still close. I take her out to dinner now and then. We spend the night together on occasion. It's good. We're close friends, comfortable, at ease with each other. She's still a beautiful woman, and I'm proud to be seen with her in public. We talk about the past, but never that horrible day.

She's not like the others. I get everything she'd once denied me and more, but it's rarely fucking. We make love, intensely, passionately, sometimes desperately. There are times when I know I'm trying to bridge the horrible chasm between us, and she's pathetically eager to help me. I'm certain she'd never refuse me anything, and she never pressures me for more than I can give. It hurts to see the sorrow in her eyes, each time I leave her place. It's the price she has to pay. A price we share.

I sometimes wonder if we'll ever stop paying. I look into her sad eyes, seeing the anguish, the regret, the slim possibility of redemption. I believe her when she tells me she's sorry, she loves me, and that she'll never disrespect me.

But the trust is gone, and the pain remains. A high price, indeed.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

12