Doing Time Ch. 01

Story Info
She had too much ambition.
1.5k words
4.06
155.5k
35

Part 1 of the 3 part series

Updated 11/02/2022
Created 02/20/2009
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Britease
Britease
2,387 Followers

Another loving wives tale, but split into three chapters. All three are finished and will be submitted over three or four days. The first two chapters are 'loving wives' and the last 'romance'. Yes, it's going to have a happy ending.

This first chapter is quite short, and sets the story up.

Sorry but not too much in the way of explicit sex.

+++++

I took a long deep wholesome breath.

The air was no different from that which I had breathed for the last eight years. No different at all.

It just felt as if it was.

CLANG!

The heavy steel door doors shut behind me, mingling with the good wishes of the two men closing it. The two men amongst others, who over the last eight years had controlled my life so completely.

"Good luck Jim."

I like to think that they had meant it.

I like to think that maybe I had earned it.

Who knew? ---- Who knows? ---- It wasn't my call.

--------

Bedford.

Bedford prison in middle England.

My home for so long, and the place that I was so pleased, yet equally so uncertain, and so very nervous of leaving.

It hadn't been so bad really, as I stood there recalling my experiences.

No!

No, that wasn't true ---- the first year had been awful, the first month unbearable, and the first few days unimaginably terrible.

But it had got better, more acceptable, more within my understanding.

Then gradually the whole experience changed.

I made it change.

I changed my life and my expectations.

But even so!

It was half past eleven and what was I to do?

I had no wife to meet me, to welcome me, to rush into my arms.

No!

No fuck that cow ---- let her rot in hell.

It was her fault that I had just spent all that time incarcerated.

-------

Turn left, stroll along the busy road, and then left again as I weaved my way through the Victorian streets of the northern part of old Bedford town. I knew where I was going, and I knew what I was looking for.

There it was!

The Welly! ---- The Wellington Arms.

According to the screws in the Nick, the best bloody pub in the town, and serving the best real ales in the region.

Go in --- Look around ---- Go on ---- nothing to be frightened of ----- I was a free man.

Bloody hell just look at that.

Boddingtons, Ruddles, Green King, Breakspears ..........

Too many for me to take in.

"Pint of that one there," I demanded, pointing at a brew that I had never heard of before. Licking my lips as the guy behind the bar pulled on the pump and the gorgeous amber liquid filled my glass to the brim.

"Best pint I've had in years," I told him as I took my first taste. Though I doubted if he realized quite how honest I was being. Quite how much I savored that first wonderful pint.

Feeling in my pocket I took out my money.

Forty quid.

Just forty quid ---- the same forty pounds that I had handed over eight years ago when I had gone into prison. The total sum that I was left with after that bloody cow, my damn wife had turned me over, and taken everything from me.

But it wasn't the money ---- it wasn't the house or the car. It wasn't my lost career, or my lost prospects.

What was it then?

I didn't know and had never worked it out.

She's deserted me, abandoned me for someone else after I had given her everything. Left me in the lurch and gone off.

I hated her ....... Or did I? Did I still maybe love her?

Why had I thought of her virtually every day that I had been locked away?

------

Three pints and a pork pie later, and with the first hint of a real smile on my face, I was ready to face the world again. Ready to restart my life.

Back to the town centre, and down the main street.

Barclay's bank --- Good old Barclay's bank.

With the merest hesitation, as if I didn't have the right, I entered the august premises and marveled at how things had changed in the eight years since I had last visited such a place.

Personal Bankers!

What the hell was a personal banker?

Who cares ---- pick the prettiest one and sit down at her desk.

"Can I help you sir?"

"Yes young lady. My name is James Merchant, and I think you may have been expecting me to call today."

She had no idea who I was of course, but she covered it well, asking who I had been in contact with. I told her, and she picked up the phone to tell him I had arrived.

We sat there looking at one another in silence while we waited. I hadn't seen any pretty young ladies for some time, especially in a mini skirt, which I was so pleased to discover was back in fashion. I can't honestly say that it was anything but a very pleasant experience for me.

"Mr. Merchant," the young man greeted me holding out his hand and affording me a broad smile. "It's a pleasure to meet you sir ---- a rare experience."

I took his hand and followed him to his office, looking back at the pretty young girl with the lovely, long, slender legs, and smiling at her as she watched me disappear, wondering no doubt who the hell I was.

She'd maybe find out soon enough.

--------

An hour and a taxi drive later, I found myself outside the garage in the south end of Bedford. It was the one that I had been corresponding with for the last few weeks, and an hour after that saw me driving off in my new Jaguar XKR.

A green one ----- a new one ----- a convertible ----- with all the extras imaginable.

If nothing else, then I hadn't wasted my eight years in prison.

-----------

I tried to get on with my life ---- I really tried.

I tried not to think about her, not to wonder where she was, not to wonder who she was with or what she was doing.

More than anything I tried not to wonder what she now looked like, smelt like, felt like.

I needed her like I needed a hole in my head. But I knew that I couldn't carry on till I found out.

I needed closure!

I needed to know what had happened to Angela since the last time I'd seen her. Since that night that had so changed my life ---- the last day of freedom until that door had clanged behind me just the other day.

Was she still as beautiful, so full of life?

I didn't know ---- I had to find out.

But I suppose I have to explain to you all why. Why I hate her ----- why I still love her --- why .....,?

Oh, I don't know why, I just don't know.

Sorry.

Sorry but I just can't do it. I just can't sit here and explain what happened. Explain what she did to me that is, it's too hurtful.

There's an easy option though, and I'm going to take it.

I hope you'll all understand why and forgive me.

After I'd been banged up for a few weeks in prison, the screws discovered that I understood computers. Not a great expert, not a real fundi, but I did have some learning, and anyone with a degree from a university was looked upon in there as some sort of genius.

It was the best thing that could have happened to me.

They put me in charge of the prisoner's computers, and I ended up teaching the inmates how to use them for the next eight years. By the time I had finished I had four young guys helping me.

But I digress!

Having unfettered access to the computers, I discovered the world of the Internet.

I discovered things that I never knew existed.

I discovered things that I never imagined would interest me.

I discovered the multitude of free stories available.

I discovered Literotica!

I discovered to my surprise that I had some ability to write myself. Eventually, I simply knew that I had to give it a try.

But what subject?

What category?

What plot?

It had to be didn't it, as if it had been prophesized. As if the good Lord above had planned it that way. 'Loving Wives'

My first ever story on Literotica was the history of my life with Angela. How we'd met, fell in love, married and ....... And the rest.

Well, just read it and see for yourselves. See what you think.

----------------

----------------

----------------

LITEROTICA

No way honey ---- Angela

By James Merchant

++++++++

To be continued.

Well, what did she do?

Will he find her?

Where did he get his money from?

Why did he end up in prison?

Find out tomorrow.

Britease
Britease
2,387 Followers