Don Trek: She Was Just Seventeen

Story Info
Ep.3 USS Bonneville must return to Earth to undergo repairs.
1.8k words
3.65
6.5k
0

Part 2 of the 4 part series

Updated 08/30/2017
Created 04/24/2014
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The title "She Was Just Seventeen" does not refer to a specific character in this story, but to the Beatles song of the same name. Though this is not an erotic story all of the characters are well in excess of 18.

*****

"Captain's log stardate 9411.07: It turns out that even though we were able to save our last mission by converting bourbon, matter, and antimatter into fuel it did some pretty bad damage. We've been ordered back to Earth for repairs that could take as long as a month. I have been assigned to Starfleet Academy as a temporary instructor and my crew is either using saved up shore leave time or is working odd jobs for Starfleet." ~Capt. Don

Act One

"That's wonderful," exclaimed Capt. Don when he heard the news that Dr. Melanie was going to head the Federation's new Snailological institute!

"I know, but I won't be able to stay with you all on the USS Bonneville," she sighed.

"Actually I found it kind of odd that you didn't stay behind when we dropped the snails off two episodes ago," offered Capt. Don.

"I guess I was afraid of the future," replied Dr. Melanie, "I didn't know what I'd find here on Earth. I also thought there might be a little chemistry between us, but..."

"I know, I know what you're going to say," Interrupted Capt. Don, "but I'm in love with my ship."

"How'd you know I was going to say that?"

"Because as a starship captain it's the story of my life," grinned Capt. Don and then he went on, "so Dr. Melanie do you have a place yet?"

"Yes, it's nice, and I'm LCDR Melanie now!"

The two officers parted ways, the starship captain that would never love anyone but his ship and the snailologist who was now a lieutenant commander in Starfleet. It might have been a sad parting of ways if not for what was to happen next.

"Welcome to Starfleet Academy's Practical Captaining 101 class. I'm Capt. Don of the USS Bonneville and we just kicked some Klingon ass!"

"The whole academy is talking about how you and your crew saved Deep Space Hooters from having no wings for the cricket match and defeated a Klingon battle cruiser in space combat," said a sexy female cadet in the first row of class.

"That and we were able to deliver much needed medical supplies as well," bragged Capt. Don. "Cadets, I can't stress importance of what Starfleet does out there anymore than the narrative of that mission itself does. The need is out there; planet, space stations, and civilian ships need our help."

"What about the exploration aspect," asked a nerdy looking male cadet?

"Yes," responded Capt. Don, "I can't wait to do that as a Captain!"

Another geeky male cadet asked, "You mean you haven't done any exploring yet?"

"Look, it's not like I don't want to, it's just that I've been busy saving the world," answered Capt. Don.

"Fellas," said the sexy female cadet as she chimed in, "he and his crew went back in time to 1994 to get snails to repopulate the species so that we could watch the shows we love on subspace TV!"

"That's right," agreed Capt. Don, "and your name cadet?"

"I'm second year Cadet Michelle."

"Our primary mission is to go where no man has gone before, you understand that mission Cadet Michelle, don't you?"

"Yes I do Capt. Don," swooned the young cadet.

"But there are dangers in space, the Klingons, Romulans, and Gorn, just to name a few," educated Capt. Don. "Even when you're on an exploration mission; death could be right around the corner!"

The buzzer went off.

"That's class for today," acknowledge Capt. Don, "I see you all in two days."

"I think it's so awesome to have a real battle worn captain to teach our class," offered Cadet Michelle to Capt. Don.

"I thought the same thing in my academy days."

"So back then was it OK to go to the lunar soda-pop shop to get a drink with your instructor?" asked Cadet Michelle.

"Sure, would you like to do that Cadet Michelle?"

"Would I!"

Meanwhile on another part of the Starfleet Academy campus Cmdr. Mike was teaching his own class.

"...and that's how we fooled the 20th century Wal-Mart employee into letting us buy twice the number of rechargeable batteries than the special allowed!"

"That's some funny stuff Commander," laughed one of the cadets, "by the way, have you ever tried this stuff, it was popular around 20th century here on Earth."

Cmdr. Mike went over to the student's desk and took a cracker and dipped it in the brown creamy dip and took a bite.

"Oh my god," said Cmdr. Mike, "what is this heavenly concoction?"

"It's called Nutella," answered the cadet, "and they just discovered a crap load of it in a stasis warehouse just outside of Kansas."

Cmdr. Mike smiled real big at the thought that had just entered his mind. "Okay class, let's get a shuttle, were going on a field trip to Kansas!"

Also-while at the robotic and synthetic humanoid research facility Mr. Bourbon and Lt. Camcorder were explaining the situation that led to the destruction of one of Lt. Camcorder's internal heads.

"I'm telling ya, it was the only way to get the fuel processed," offered Mr. Bourbon.

Lt. Camcorder continued, "one minute less and the bourbon/matter mixture would have failed."

"And what you're both telling us is that even though you are 100% computer the alcohol still had an effect on you," asked Capt. Fill one of Starfleet head computer engineers.

"Yes," Lt. Camcorder responded, "the longer the bourbon was in my system the more of that day I forgot."

"Well, I'd find it hard to believe you if one of your heads were not fried." Capt. Fill hit a few buttons on his desk and gave his final answer. "It's clear to me that what was done had to be done and Starfleet will approve the internal recording head transplant for Lt. Camcorder. This is a risky replacement and there is a chance that it could render you inoperable. Are you sure you want to do this?"

"Operating as I have since the head died has been very difficult, I want it done," confirmed Lt. Camcorder.

Act Two

"I must admit that when you suggested a soda-pop at the lunar soda-pop shop I thought you just meant to get a soda-pop," laughed Capt. Don.

"Is that bad," asked Cadet Michelle, "don't you like zero g 'dancing'?"

"On the contrary cadet, I love it."

"So do I captain," she kissed him, "let's dance more."

Little did Capt. Don know that Cmdr. Mike and his class were in Kansas and he was in rich chocolaty heaven.

"This stuff is awesome," Capt. Mike ran on as he finished a jar of Nutella, "I want to buy two cases!"

"It vill coast you three-hundred credits," said the dealer.

"You can't spend credits around here, what good would they do you?"

"Starfleet commander ve are alike in that ve both travel the stars," answered the dealer, "I'll need them on countless other planets."

"Alright, here take my credits!" Cmdr. Mike then asked the cadets to help him get the cases on the shuttle and they headed back to San Francisco.

Neither did any of them know that Lt. Camcorder's surgery went fast and well, and on top of that the repairs to the USS Bonneville were completed ahead of schedule.

"You look well," offered Mr. Bourbon to Lt. Camcorder.

"Thank you Mr. Bourbon," she replied, "I've just received word via my internal communications monitoring device that the USS Bonneville is repaired and ready for departure."

"It looks like we won't be teaching those academy classes after all," commented Mr. Bourbon. "It's a shame; I was looking forward to it. I bet Capt. Don and Cmdr. Mike will be happy though, they weren't look'n forward to it like we were."

"You are probably right," agreed Lt. Camcorder.

Back on the moon!

"This has been wonderful Cadet Michelle," smiled Capt. Don, "I thought I was going to hate this assignment."

"I hope you can stand having me in your class," Cadet Michelle moaned in his ear.

"If they actually expected me to teach something it might be hard," laughed Capt. Don, "but telling stories? I think I can handle that."

BEEP BEEP!

Cadet Michelle reached over and grabbed Capt. Don's communicator, "here Cap, it's for you."

"Capt. Don here, what's up?" then look on his face went from happy to sad in a second. "I thought it was going to be at least a week, maybe two!"

"You have to go don't you," asked Cadet Michelle.

"Yes."

"I knew this would happen, but I thought we'd have more than one night," Michelle whispered.

"Come with me to the ship, see me off," requested Capt. Don and they both got dressed.

Back on the shuttle from Kansas to the San Francisco the com unit chirped.

"This is Cadet Dan on the Shuttle Avery we are on a training mission."

"This is Starfleet Command; we need to speak to Cmdr. Mike."

"This is Cmdr. Mike."

"As of nineteen-hundred hours you are to report to the USS Bonneville for the commencement of your mission."

"I understand, I'll be there," responded Cmdr. Mike. "Well students, it looked like it was going to be fun, but its back to space for me. You guys don't mind if I go right to the ship and you return the shuttle, do you?"

"No sir!"

Both Capt. Don and Cmdr. Mike's shuttles made it to Starbase one at about the same time so Capt. Don got to meet the commander's cadets and Mike got to meet Cadet Michelle.

"It was an honor serving with you Capt. Mike!" said each of the cadets as they saluted him.

"Now you guy's better not get into any trouble with that shuttle," Cmdr. Mike laughed as he returned the salute.

Capt. Don stood by the shuttle with Cadet Michelle and they said their goodbyes. They embraced one last time and exchanged a passionate kiss and then parted ways as she left the deck with the shuttle.

"So how was your time teaching at the academy Mike?"

"Pretty good, I discovered this chocolate spread called Nutella, it's amazing! I see you discovered something amazing too?" asked Cmdr. Mike.

"Yes," agreed Capt. Don, "and I never thought I would want to spend a whole week at the academy instead of on this ship..."

"Well Don, wonders never cease to amaze," offered Cmdr. Mike as he patted the captain's back. "Let's just hope she doesn't turn out to be a plot point that gets one of us killed in 20 years."