Dragon Clans Bk. 01 Pt. 10

Story Info
The Adventures of Michael Dane continue.
3.9k words
4.62
27.1k
7

Part 9 of the 33 part series

Updated 10/23/2022
Created 09/15/2008
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Vjax
Vjax
947 Followers

The dappled afternoon light was distinctive outside the car window as Valerie drove down the tree-shrouded lane towards Nogardshire.

The light; she noticed it as it was diffuse, not the gray light of the so often leaden sky. This light glowed with the luminous texture of a pearl caught by the sunlight.

Michael Dane, the name danced across her thoughts, never far from the surface, never far from her own growing desire.

Looking up at the sky, that ethereal glow, Michael came to the forefront yet again on the drive to her uncles.

'It's absolutely crazy,' she thought to herself, 'he is so much older than me, we can't possibly share anything in common,' more trying to fool herself than convince herself.

During the house hunting this morning they must have commented at the same moment on this detail or that a hundred times.

A wistful sigh escaped her lips.

The sun had changed, back to the slate gray that is so common. Her vision and mind slipped back to the drive, Michael sitting comfortably to the back, still there, a warm spot in her soul, newly discovered.

Coming around the final bend, Nogardshire was revealed in all its glory.

Her breath, as always, taken away by the sheer beauty of the place.

The hamlet of Nogardshire lay nestled between Little Rollright and Salford. An unassuming place it maintains it's old world charm, as if this little hamlet had been passed over by time.

It is always an interesting transition, no matter what worries may plague you, coming round the bend and descending the little dip into the shire always seems to provide a wonderful, even magical, lightening of the mind and spirit.

The drive through the village proper always brought back memories of Valerie's parents.

Duncan and Elizabeth Horner were wonderful parents. Valerie being their only child they dotted on her, providing for all of her needs and trying to ensure that she grew up knowing that she was, above all things, loved.

Valerie's early childhood memories are filled with trips to the shore, Christmas's spent with family and friends, a standard, if rare, happy childhood.

She was about ten years old when she first made this drive, her father had met Ian through some work they were doing together and that year the family was invited to the festival for the first time.

In the years that followed Valerie had not missed the event, always looking forward to it as a time of fun and ease, and a time to remember and thank her parents for all of the gifts they gave her.

Driving out of the town proper, she past the rolling hills that surround Nogardshire, bordered five miles beyond by the Cotswold Edge, the sheer cliffs of limestone escarpments, which provide the natural boundaries to the Cotswold's in this area.

Nogardshire was not one of the well-known "spots" in the Cotswold's where barristers and the new rich took second homes. Nogardshire always had an air of being...hidden...not just off the beaten path, but there and accessible for those who were...allowed.

Over the years Valerie had brought friends out for the festival or just a weekend in the country, while they always had a good time, Valerie always found it interesting that once the visits were over it was rare that her friends would bring them up or ask to come out again.

Continuing on towards the castle Valerie noted that the tents and pavilions were already being erected for the festival in two weeks.

Some of Valerie's fondest memories were from the festivals, the music and dancing, medieval tournaments, but most of all the wonderful sense of...belonging that always accompanied both the festival and the simple act of crossing the border into Nogardshire.

Turning onto the wide drive Valerie was greeted with her first view of Nogardshire Castle. The castle was built not for show as so many later castles were; Nogardshire Castle was built for the sole purpose of providing protection and security for those who lived in and around it.

10 foot thick walls made of the local yellow limestone soaring 40ft in the air gave the castle an otherworldly feel, seeing it for the first time as a child Valerie felt like a fairy tale princess coming home to the keep with villainous scoundrels hot on her heals.

Situated on top of a rise in the valley, the castle could be seen for miles. When the sun hit the walls just right it glowed gold, offering a beacon and waypoint; providing the solid heart and soul of the area.

Across the old moat and under the looming portcullis the central courtyard had been converted to accommodate garages and allow access to the formal entry of the castle.

The scale of the courtyard always struck Valerie, whenever she thought of the word sanctuary, she thought of this spot, surrounded by the high walls, the time worn pavers placed over a millennia ago beneath her feet, she could not think of a safer place.

Parking her charcoal gray VXR8, Valerie stepped out into the late afternoon sun, stretching the kinks from her body after the drive.

"Valerie my dear," Ian said from the door.

Smiling, Valerie walked up the flagstone stairs and embraced her uncle. "It is good to see you Ian," Valerie said breaking the embrace and looking up into Ian's dark eyes, seeing a weariness there she had not encountered before.

"Millie is in the dining room, lets join her and you can tell us about your impressions of Michael," Ian said as he gently pulled her inside, not missing the deep blush that colored Valerie's cheeks.

............

Michael stood on the balcony overlooking the river, the sun was starting to set and it was an oddly clear evening, the day had been productive, the new digs were perfect and he felt...at home for the first time in months.

After leaving Valerie, a quick stop at the hotel to pick up his things and then to a local furniture store that had provided a new bed, a soft leather couch in muted chocolate tones and a small glass dining room table with two chairs.

The service surprised Michael, the store manager had delivery people onsite and everything was placed within two hours.

The local grocer had just the right bits, a few bottles of red wine, nice fresh steaks, red potatoes, fresh green beans and the various other bits and pieces needed to live in a place.

'Knives and forks,' Michael thought as he watched two jays harass a hawk that had strayed too close to their nest.

Walking inside Michael grabbed a small pad and pen, starting the next list of things needed to fill out the houses cabinets and cupboards.

It was an exercise that Michael had not done in years. During college it was a no brainer, you ate out most of the time and when you did eat at home, it was whatever frozen thing was in the freezer.

Over the years Michael had acquired a taste for simple flavors and simple things, back in storage there was a good set of copper cookware that had seen a lot of duty.

Michael was the cook, Sasha never really had the desire for it and Michael looked at the process of cooking much as he did that of creating a building, strong foundations, simple structures with finishing details that provided.... magic.

Standing in the small but well-appointed kitchen, the fading afternoon light coming through the windows, a slide show flashed through his mind. Cooking for Sasha the first time, laughing with Steve while he cooked for an office party, grabbing a hot handle because he was distracted watching Sasha read a newspaper at the counter.

Good moments, and they did not cause him pain, in this moment of reverie it was a simple acknowledgement of good times had, and the possibility of others to come.

Grabbing the list and his worn leather jacket he made for the door. "That little shop across from the grocers should have some pots and pans, knives and forks, can't have Valerie eating steak with her hands," he mumbled to himself as he closed the door behind him.

............

Tera watched the mark through the high-powered lens of the Zeiss Victory Diascope.

"The mark is on the move," she said into the microphone built into the small earpiece she wore.

"Acknowledged, follow team has the mark," was the response that came back.

Tera sat back and stretched, watching the mark set up house keeping was not what she would call exciting duty. She had been a periphery watcher while the mark was staying at the hotel, now that he had found a place; Tera was assigned to operational surveillance, the much-hated stake out duty.

Rising from the chair by the window she walked back into the apartment. Situated across the Oxford canal and Roger Dundman Way, the apartment complex was perfectly placed to provide surveillance of the marks new digs.

Tera was a survivor, coming from a broken home she joined the army at 17, her military career spanned twenty years and 5 continents.

It was difficult in the beginning, her only desire was to serve, to fight, to be on the front lines, not a place the British Army was keen to place her at the time.

However, through sheer force of will she was allowed into S.A.S. training, no doubt everyone thought she would fail quickly and that would shut her up, the opposite occurred and she excelled, graduating at the top of her class at Credenhill.

What followed were a few years of wandering. Her superiors did not have a clear idea of what to do with her so she was shuffled between teaching assignments within the SAS, SBS and SRR. It was during a stint on the personal security detail for the Queen that her career finally found its direction.

A rogue IRA cell had found a way into the grounds of Sandringham House and attempted to kidnap the queen.

The details were never made public, but the 6 members of the cell never left the grounds, all of them died at Tera's hand without a shot ever being fired.

For her part in ensuring the safety of the quess, Tera was awarded the British Flying Cross and was given command of her own SAS unit.

From Afganistan to the Sudan, for fifteen years Tera went where the British government pointed, always performing whatever duty required with the cold precision that she became known for in the services, and also kept her at a distance from most everyone she knew.

Through out her military career Tera was approached by both men and women who had a desire to get to know her more intimately.

But, not for the sake of wanting, Tera had never found anyone worthy.

It sounded arrogant even to her, but there was no other way to put it. She had had her daliances, a girl has needs after all, both men and women held an allure for her and she resonated with each sex differently.

But still after 20 years of brief couplings with others and no luck finding...an equal...Tera had almost given up hope that there was someone out there....for her.

Retirement had come not at her request but by their demand.

Brought into the commanders office one day she was told in no uncertain terms that due to a shift in the powers that be she was being "advised" to retire, now that her 20 years were in.

It was a strange day for Tera, not knowing where she would be going next she wandered back to her quarters, adrift and unsure for the first time since a 17 year old girl took the oath and set her life on a path that would lead her to places she never imagined.

"It was Major-General Dalton," the voice from behind her was strong, deep with that unairing tone of someone use to command.

Tera turned slowly on the bar stool and appraised the man who was standing behind her. 5'8 early 60's close cropped gray hair, stocky build with a lean muscular frame, dark brown eyes set in a face that was chissled by time and action, yes definitely an operator. "Excuse me?" Tera queried the new arrival.

"Forgive me, Nigel Covington, Dragon Security Services," he said with a warm smile that softened his face in a surprisingly striking way, immediately putting Tera at ease.

"Tera Cole," she answered, taking the proffered hand and finding it warm and firm, just as a handshake should be.

"MG Dalton's son was to be lead on chained thunder, instead, you got the nod and the promotion afterwards," Nigel said, taking a seat next to Tera.

"He saw you as a threat to young Anthony's carreer, pulled some strings to have you retire," Nigel offered, noting the strong handshake, not too strong but firm...self assured...just as it should be. "I have a proposition for you," Nigel said as he signalled the bartender...

Tera was brought out of her reverie by the squak in the ear bud "mark returning to roost, utensiles procured," the voice had a bit of sarcasm to it, but with 3 attempts on the mark in the last 2 days Tera thought there was nothing to be sarcastic about.

Tera took her place at the window and watched as the lights came on across the canal and the mark walked into view carrying two heavily loaded bags.

Tera looked down at her Breitling Airwolf noting the time at 8:37pm in her log.

'Another 3 ½ hours till end of shift,' she thought as she returned her attention to the apartment and the man it seemed someone was intent on killing.

............

Michael had a productive trip to the store, knives and forks, a four piece plate setting, some fresh daisies and a vase to give the place a bit of color.

After unpacking the new additions and getting the daisies in some water he stepped out onto the balcony and lit a cigarette, it was a rare clear evening and the stars were reflected in the calm waters of the canal below.

Standing there in the dark it felt as if he was the only person on the planet. The quiet was a deep quiet, the kind just before a storm comes or something else just as...energetic....begins.

Stubbing out the cigarette in the small plastic ash tray, Michael moved inside and walked up stairs to the bedroom, the day had been full and the jet lag was still pulling at his energy, a shower and bed was the order of the moment.

Stripping down and tossing his clothes on the floor of the closet he surveyed the blank walls of the loft.

'Need to find some pictures,' he thought to himself as he moved to the large open shower and turned the water on, surveying himself in the mirror he looked...tired...not weary, which had been the norm for last few months. Today it was simply tired from moving through the day, the day with Valerie.

She was never far from his thoughts today and now stepping under the warm spray she came back to him fully formed.

The scent of her hair, the texture of her lips on his, the electric current that passed through him whenever he touched her, hell her voice alone could make a monk turn sinner.

As Valerie in all her detail played through his mind, his body reacted as if she were there. His cock began to grow, filling with blood and need, he soaped his body, his hands replaced by her hands, the fingertips slipping over his warm skin were Valerie's.

He groaned as his hand found his hard cock, it had been....so long, this was the first time since Sasha's death that Michael's normally...active...sexual desires had become present again.

His hand lingered on his hardness, dualing visions of Valerie and Sasha battled in his head.

In the end Michael turned into the spray, letting the water run over his body, the soap washing off of him, swirrling down the drain as he hung his head letting the heat of the water work at the stresses the past, present and future placed on his shoulders.

Drying quickly and wrapping the towel around his waist he moved back down stairs and out to the balcony.

During his short time in the shower clouds had covered the stars, a wind had picked up and the air was heavy, rain was coming.

Lighting another cigarette he watched the gray tendrils of smoke disipate with each exhale, getting lost in the wind, 'lost,' he thought, been there....done that.

Flicking the butt into the canal Michael went back inside and upstairs.

Hitting the lights, the towel slipped to the floor just before he droped on top of the bed. He fell into a deep dreamless sleep almost immediately, his last thought...the way Valeries auburn hair glowed in the sunlight.

..................

Tera watched as the mark turned out the lights, switching to her nightvision, she watched as he lay down on the bed and seemingly fell almost instantly asleep.

Watching the mark over the last half an hour had been....interesting....it had left Tera wet and....wondering.

"Goodnight Michael," she whispered into the darkness across the canal.

............

Millie and Ian lay in bed, the lights were off, with the clouds moving in earlier in the evening, the room was dark accept for the softly glowing embers of the dying fire under the mantle.

"Valerie seems quite taken with Michael," Ian said into the darkness, a tinge of sarcasm creeping into his voice.

"Quite taken, yes I would think that would sum up the tip of the iceberg of what Val feels for Michael," Millie answered barely containing her glee.

Dinner had gone well, Valerie had spent the bulk of the meal relating her meeting yesterday with Michael and their subsequent trip to find a suitable house that morning.

She was effusive and gay, telling the small details with such animation and energy that both Ian and Millie had a hard time containing their laughter at some points.

"He is an enigma, I find him to be warm, caring, open and at the same time withdrawn and.... forlorn, he must have loved his wife very much," Valerie said as the final plates were removed and the three of them walked into the library.

"Michael has only been in love twice, a high school sweetheart and his wife, it seems he does not give his affections easily but when he does the depths of those affections run to his core," Ian observed as he poured them all a glass of Port.

"When do classes start?" Millie asked as she sat next to Ian on the large burgundy leather couch.

"Wednesday after next, the week before the festival. Michael will have his first intro class then and his first advanced class on Thursday. Two of the deans will be sitting on both so I am hoping he falls into the teacher roll fairly easily," Valerie responded, feeling the warmth of the port spread through her body as she seated herself on the hearth close to the fire.

"I don't think you have anything to worry about, Michael seems to fit in wherever he finds himself. You should ask him to come up for the festival, it would be a wonderful opportunity for us to finally meet him," Ian said as he emptied his glass and looked at Valerie expectantly.

Valerie was ecstatic at Ian's offer "I am having dinner with Michael tomorrow I will be sure to ask him," the lilt in her voice as she answered told Ian and Millie that yes, in fact Millie was...quite taken with Michael as they both shared a small smile over her enthusiasm.

"I worry a bit about the age difference," Millie said as she rolled over and laid her head on Ian's chest.

"That, I think, won't be a large concern, fifteen years is a good bit of difference but Michael is...young at heart and Val has a good head on her shoulders, I think it will be fine," Ian said as his hand absently played through Millie's hair.

They fell into an easy kiss their lips playing over the others in the way lovers who have moved through life together are want to do, that soft sensual knowing of each others touch, their feel and texture.

They slipped to sleep in each other's arms, comforted that Valerie may have finally found.... love.

............

Down the hall sleep did not come as easily to Valerie.

The evening with Ian and Millie had been wonderful, but now here in the dark she was consumed with thoughts of Michael. 'You will see him in a few hours, relax,' she thought to herself as she lay on the large canopy bed.

All afternoon Michael had been uppermost in her thoughts, it had only been two days and yet it seemed as if she had known him her whole life, and now that he was here, in her life, possibly interested in exploring a relationship with her, she flashed back through her brief history of relationships.

Vjax
Vjax
947 Followers
12