Dragon Clans Bk. 01 Pt. 12

Story Info
The continuing adventures of Michael Dane.
4.2k words
4.73
26.2k
7

Part 11 of the 33 part series

Updated 10/23/2022
Created 09/15/2008
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Vjax
Vjax
947 Followers

Michael laid his head back against the soft leather of the Mercedes seat, closing his eyes, trying to process the events of the past hour, hell the past few days.

'Where were you?' the question filtered through his thoughts not expecting an answer but also curious as to the whereabouts of.... whatever the hell it was.... that always seemed to make an appearance when his life was in mortal danger.

'I was with you, as I always am, however you seemed to have things well in hand so I remained a simple bystander.'

His eyes snapped open, the deep comforting voice in his head was still a shock when it showed up and this time was no exception. The desire to talk out loud to the strong yet kind female voice almost overpowered him.

'Well in hand, are you crazy we both got shot and Tera may not make it,' Michael tried to understand if he was conveying his emotions while talking with the voice in his head.

'Oh man, I'm thinking about if my emotions are being conveyed in my head...to the voice in my head,' he let out a loud grown and closed his eyes again.

'You were never in any danger; had the need arisen I would have intervened, as it was your natural abilities are becoming stronger every day so it was not necessary.'

'As for Tera, you healed her she will be fine.'

The statement hung in his head as he tried to comprehend what she had said.

'What do you mean I healed her,' she chuckled softly with more than a hint of a growl and then was gone.

...............

Standing on the stone breakwater watching the horizon, Ian's long coat flapped around his legs, pushed by the ever-present icy wind coming off the North Sea.

The call had come in a little over 2 hours ago, Nicholas was his usual condescending self, informing Ian when and where he would be landing in England and then abruptly hanging up.

Millie had not been happy when he told her where he was going.

"He has gone insane Ian, you don't know what he is capable of, just look at what he has tried to do to Michael," Millie said as she stood in front of him, faced flushed with anger and concern.

Ian pulled Millie into his arms, the smell of her hair was an intoxicating a mixture of cedar and citrus that conjured images he had no time to act upon.

"It will fine and I won't be going alone," he said bending and finding her lips warm and wet as they met his.

Even after all these years it was impossible for Ian to be close to Millie without his passions being enflamed.

So often it seems that people come together, stoke a passionate fire and then watch it slip away, this was not the case with Millie. Ian hoped that she understood exactly how important she was to him. Soon he would be able to make sure that she did.

Millie sighed as Ian broke their kiss wishing only for the time when they would be free to be bound only to each other, not ancient promises. Millie watched as Ian turned and headed out to the helipad, nervous, as she always was whenever Nicholas was involved.

Ian was not afraid of Nicholas, knowing that the man was more powerful than he was did not make any real difference. When Ian's time came it would, until then Ian would live his life as he always had...with hope.

Ian had met Nicholas face to face several times over the years for varying reasons. It was understood by both men that they were opposite poles of the same divining rod, it was a given that they hated each other, but there were times that required them to interact and this was one of those times.

The attacks on Michael had gone from subtle to iron fisted too quickly and there was too much of a chance for collateral damage to those both in his employ and those he loved to not stand face to face with the man to try and get a better understanding of why.

"Nigel are you in position," Ian asked into the air.

"Yes, I am in position along with two other operatives. We have you covered on three sides, there were two of the opposition in similar spots, we picked them out on infrared on the way in and have them sufficiently engaged as not to be an issue." Nigel answered from his position on the hill 1000 yards behind Ian.

"Well we shall see how it goes, the boat is incoming, just breached the horizon," Ian signed off looking at the small trawler now making it's way towards the harbor.

'Welcome to England,' Ian thought as he made his way towards the sea dock to await Nicholas's arrival.

............

Michael looked down at Tera's sleeping form; the diffuse light from the draped window highlighted the dark almost black sheen of her hair against the cool white of the pillow.

Her eyes moved under their lids as she slept, 'what does she dream of,' Michael mused to himself as he turned and left the room, allowing the woman to rest and recover from the events of the morning.

Walking up the stairs to the small rooftop patio of the non-descript flat, the events of the morning played through his mind once again.

"I read their minds," he said to himself as he stepped out into the overcast late morning. Lighting a cigarette Michael closed his eyes and tried to come to grips with this new turn of events.

'I read their intentions, not really there thoughts,' this thought actually made him feel better. The invasive nature of being in someone else's mind did not sit well with him, not having the ability to.... filter ones thoughts, to be completely open, would be the very definition of naked.

Taking a long pull off the cigarette Michael rotated his head trying to relieve some of the tension in his neck.

'I need some activity, something physical, must remember to ask Valerie about someplace to get a scull,' he thought as he replayed the conversation with the doctor a few minutes ago.

The doctor had surprised him when he asked Tera's status.

"She is...healed," the doctor said, not quite understanding how the scans from the CT showed what they did but he had checked them twice.

"Both entry and exit wounds have healed to a point where they do not require stitches, as for internal injuries...she was very lucky that no major organs were impacted."

Shaking his head the doctor turned and started packing up his things. 'Damndest thing I have ever seen,' he thought to himself as he turned his attention to the portable CT.

Watching the iron gray clouds move across the sky the other's words flitted across his mind, 'you healed her.'

Wishing he could blow it off as coincidence and understanding that he couldn't he flicked the cigarette into the wind, fingers rubbing his temples as he tried to process the shift from unbelievable to undeniable.

'Well whatever happened at least Tera is ok,' he thought as he fished into his jacket pocket for his phone, he needed to call Valerie.

...............

Tera's eyes opened fully as she saw Michael close the door behind him. She lay there, quietly adjusting to the light in the room, the feel of the sheets beneath her, centering herself, taking a moment to listen to the signals her body was giving her.

She knew that she should be dead, just as she knew that some how, some way Michael had saved her.

Her fingers played gingerly over the two bandages, one below her rib cage the one on the other side high between her two top ribs 'No stitches,' she shook her head on the pillow knowing that the wounds should have taken several stitches and a few weeks to heal.

Running her fingers through her hair she was focused on the feeling of being held...no...protected, by Michael in the river. It was a new sensation for her; she was use to and comfortable being the protector, the one in control. It would be awhile before she could make sense of that role being reversed, even for a little while.

She stretched cautiously, her muscles giving a bit of protest but nothing like they should have.

Being shot before she knew that every bone in her body should ache, the trauma of a gunshot wound affects the entire body and it takes days to get anywhere close to feeling normal again.

'I feel too good,' she thought as her sculpted muscular legs swung over the edge of the bed. Rising she pulled her arms up over her head, a slight pull at her sides where the bandages were, more from the bandages than the wounds beneath them. Walking over to the small bathroom she turned on the light, looking in the mirror.

Her close cropped cobalt hair was matted down, her strong angular face looked a bit tired, but her green eyes were lively, not what she expected.

Turning on the water, she took off the sports bra and panties, examining the bandages at her side. 'No blood stains,' she thought as her hand moved to her side and pulled one of the bandages away from her body.

Standing sideways her fingertips played over the small scar, staring at it in the mirror she did not understand what she saw.

"It's healed, its...healed," she said to her reflection.

The small puncture wound was a darker color than the rest of her mocha skin, a little rougher than the surrounding flesh but not tender or painful at all.

Shaking her head Tera pulled the other bandage off, finding the same thing underneath.

'Healed already, it makes no sense,' she thought looking in the mirror and shaking her head before stepping under the warm strong spray of the shower.

Details are everything in the teams, if you miss a detail it will get you killed.

As Tera rubbed the soap between her hands bringing up a thick lather she started replaying the jump and fall into the river as small detailed photographs playing across the screen of her mind.

'Searing pain of the shot ripping into her side

breath immediately compromised

lung probably, based on the entry and exit, would have torn right through it, filling with blood

loosing consciousness

Michael's arms around me

cold so very cold

the water

blackness

let me go.... don't let me go.... loosing consciousness just on the edge

then.... the warmth.'

Tera put her hand on the warm wet tile wall and closed her eyes trying to bring forth the feeling of warmth

'centered on the gun shot

a line following its path

an instant of heat then...easier to breath

pain subsiding.... Michael.... holding me.'

Tera's eyes opened slowly, the acknowledgement of the impossible finding purchase there.

"He healed me," she said to herself, shocked and more than a little intrigued by her discovery.

Her soapy hands played over her body, taking stock and making sure that everything was in order.

Her biceps ached a bit, her abdomen was a little tender as her fingertips played over the just defined muscles, her long athletic legs felt good, everything seemed to be shockingly.... ok.

Quickly finishing washing she turned off the water and stepped out, grabbing one of the large white towels from the shelf she slowly dried off her lithe muscular body.

A debt had been incurred today, one that she would give her life to repay.

She walked naked from the bathroom, her stride purposeful, at Michael's side she would stay. Wild horses could not drag her away from this unique and enigmatic man.

Looking out the window another thought came to her 'Woe be tide anyone who may wish him harm.'

Had anyone been looking at her in that moment they would have felt the pure menace radiating off of her, this was not a woman with which you wished to fuck.

..................

Nicholas felt Ian's presence long before the coast was in sight, shaking his head he moved towards the bow of the little trawler, interested to see just what Ian had on his mind.

"Why are you coming after Michael Dane," Ian said standing across from Nicolas on the windswept dock.

Nicholas looked beyond Ian, a blank expression played briefly over his features and then his focus returned and he stared into Ian's eye's.

"He is approaching ascension, it is much easier to deal with him before than after," Nicholas said matter of factly; his straightforward response took Ian by surprise.

"That is not the way it goes my friend, you don't have the luxury of taking out the opposition before the fight is balanced. How dare you presume to break traditions that have been observed for millennia," the venom in Ian's response was as evident as Nicholas's lack of interest.

"Rules not made by or agreed to by me, we have been at the whim of ancient edicts far too long and I for one will not be hamstringed by them any longer as I pursue my goals." Nicholas scoffed as he moved to push past Ian.

He was surprised by the immovableness of the man in front of him, his hand on Ian's shoulder felt as if it was grabbing an iron bar and it gave Nicholas a moments pause.

As soon as Nicholas had stepped onto the dock Ian had felt a presence join with him and provide it's strength to his own, the source could only be one thing, but that was...impossible.

He didn't budge when Nicholas tried to push past him; he stood like an ancient oak, barely noticing the pressure of the hand on his shoulder.

"Recognized by you or not," Ian said, fire dancing in his eyes as he stared at Nicholas "The rules exist, will you leave Michael alone?" Ian's question hung in the air the two men sizing each other up, Nicholas blinked first.

"How long?" Nicholas asked, removing his hand from Ian's shoulder.

"As long as it takes," Ian's response did not please the man standing in front of him.

There was a pause, the wind strengthening as it tore across the writhing dark gray water, battering the men as they stood before each other, the world seeming to take a deep breath.

"I'm going kill Michael, rest assured that is the eventual outcome," Nicolas finally said.

Ian presses a key on the phone lying within his coat pocket as Nicholas continued with a chuckle

"However, I will allow the course of events to unfold as they will, Michael will have no need to worry on my account until after he becomes," The chuckle fades and is replaced with a malice the likes of which Ian had never encountered.

"Once he takes your place however...I shall feel his heart beat it's last within my palm," Nicholas finished and as he did, so did the energy of the moment...subsided.

"A wise choice Nicholas, best to let fate have her way with such things, you never know what may happen if we tempt her designs too often," Ian said gesturing absently towards Nicholas's chest.

Looking down Nicholas saw the three red dots centered on his chest, a moment later they disappeared and Nicholas laughed. "A pleasure to see you as always Ian, I look forward to enjoying a bit of the English countryside on my visit," he said walking around Ian without another word, striding off towards the car waiting for him on the quay.

Ian stood alone on the dock watching a squall line make it's way towards the shore. The dark clouds reflected his own chaotic feelings about this meeting and Michael's future.

..................

"I was so worried about you," Valerie's voice was breathless on the other end of the phone.

"I'm fine, got into the middle of some police operation with a terrorist cell, some soggy clothes is the worst of the damage," Michael said. 'No need to mention the bullet wound' he thought.

Valerie paused, trying to calm the rampant emotions coursing through her at hearing Michael's voice.

"I'm glad your ok Michael I have been worried about you, I was delayed here at my uncles and have been trying to get in touch with you too put off dinner, guess we will have to take a rain check on it," Valerie sighed a bit while saying this. All she wanted was to rush to Michael but uncle Ian had told her that she needed to stay at the castle until things were sorted out.

"I'm going to hold you to that rain check Valerie," Michael smiled in response "I've been thinking about you, when do you think you will be back into the city?" Michael was curious as to when he would be able to see her again.

"No more than a few days, I normally take the week before classes start off and then get back to it after, so I would think I should be back Friday or Saturday at the latest," Valerie answered. The idea of going almost a week without seeing Michael made her feel empty inside.

"Well, I look forward to dinner when you get back, if you don't mind may I call you through the week if I have any questions about the upcoming term and my classes," Michael asked. He was hopeful that he would be able to come up with at least 3 excuses to call her every day.

"Of course, call anytime for anything you may need," she said hastily, blushing at the implications of her innocent response.

"I should be able to go back to my place in a few hours, would you know of someplace close by where I could rent a scull," Michael asked, surprised that he remembered with everything that had gone on.

"You don't have to rent one, the Oxford boat house is about 2 kilometers from your place, just show your teaching credentials and they will give you whatever you need." Valerie responded.

The image of Michael shirtless pulling hard on the oars caused Valerie to catch her breath.

"Excellent, I'll be sure to track it down sometime in the next few days, I rowed a great deal in college and was hoping to get back onto the water. Perhaps sometime you would like to join me for a slow trip down the river?" Michael asked, enjoying the image of Valerie lying in the bow of a little river skiff, the sunlight dancing off her hair.

"Yes," her voice dropping to a low hungry tone "I think I would like that...very much," she answered.

There was a long pause as both of them got lost for a moment in their own visions of the other.

"I'll be sure to call often Valerie, I...miss you," Michael said.

With a soft sigh Valerie responded in kind "I miss you too Michael, I'll see you soon, ciao for now."

The conversation left them both wanting...

...............

Nigel hung up the phone; the conversation with Tera had been interesting.

All told it had been a bad day for the good guys. Six members of his team were dead, Tera was wounded and Michael was almost killed.

There was a bit of satisfaction placing the crosshairs of Sigarms R93 on Nicholas's chest but not enough to regain the day.

Talking with Ian on the way back from the meeting he was surprised that Nicholas had backed down.

"Oh, I don't think he has, we still need to be very vigilant, we have bought a bit of time and that is all, Nicholas is coming for Michael, we just put it off for the time being, I only hope it will be enough," Ian had said just before they landed back in Nogardshire.

Now riding back towards Oxford, Nigel had just gotten off the phone with Tera filling her in on what the cover story was for the operation and getting her version of the mornings action. He was surprised and pleased when she made an interesting request that fit well with the outcome of Ian's meeting with Nicholas.

"I understand we are a special op's team working with the locals, considering the amount of gunplay this morning, I would like to volunteer as Michael's bodyguard for the duration, we can simply say it is for security reasons till we are sure the whole cell has been rounded up." The tenor of her voice was not one of someone asking permission so much as it was one of stating a fact.

"Under the circumstances...that should be fine, I will speak with Michael when I get back. Get some rest now, you have had a long day," Nigel said as he hung up.

Nigel was pleased with the opportunity to keep one of his people close to Michael but also a little curious about Tera's insistence that it should be her guarding Michael.

Closing in on the Oxford safe house Nigel was wondering what he didn't know about the events of the morning and what their ramifications may be.

..................

Michael sat on the small bench looking out over the rooftops of Oxford.

He had seen Tera up and around, he was glad that she was not as hurt as he had assumed.

Vjax
Vjax
947 Followers
12