Dream

Story Info
A letter from a Knight.
751 words
3.6
20k
00
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Joseki Ko
Joseki Ko
179 Followers

I thought I knew what the dream was when I was on the Sea Wolf, but I was carried along by those around me. We sang many songs and drank much ale. We never really accomplished much but that seemed to be the point. We laughed we loved we fought at the drop of a hat and were more than willing to drop the hat ourselves. It seemed a never ending frat party. But in the end we seemed to drift on. Several left Avalon, several left the Wolf and of the few that remained I saw them not so often. The fights, the laughing, the loving, all seemed to fade over time. It still is a bitter sweet memory that I savor over time.

I Lord Sir Valguard, heathen in birth had once walked the lands of Avalon alone. As I stepped from the planks of the Sea Wolf and into these lands I have heard many tales, seen many things, been with many women and still this dream thing had eluded me.

I traveled abroad on my own ship for a time and returned with much booty in the form of a woman though she seems to have run off with my man at arms leaving me to again be free.

I remember my vigil. At the alter kneeling all night in an effort to do my knighthood justice. Worrying about what kind of knight I would be. I became a templar to the church of Avalon and looked to the white Christ for answers and none came.

I traveled distant lands and found no comfort of answers. I went to the lands of the heathens and bled among them in battle seeking a vision. And none came. So I returned to Avalon again in its glory and packed my home, closed my doors, burned my ship and set sail on another vessel as a stranger.

As a stranger I headed for parts unknown and lived the adventures therein, bringing wisdom and humility to myself. As I sought teacher after teacher my view on life became fuller and I realized exactly how much of the world is really out there. I found new ways to laugh and love, new ways to feel alive and new ways to enjoy being me. I met new people and learned the value of friends yet again and in so learning I set new goals for myself and my willingness to live returned for a short time.

I had returned home to contemplate what I’d learned but my wandering feet saw a reason to be elsewhere. So again I traveled and searched out this booty many speak of and returned with yet another lass. Thou this one bites and scratches a little more, and all the more fun it is. But still I walk along the passes in the Ironbear Mountains. I see the storms in the kingdom and I hear the bells of the church. I walk the wall of my lodge hall drinking deeply and thinking. “What is it you are missing Valguard” Then suddenly the night before last as I sit quietly looking over my now dusty armor and my rusted weapons. Nothing had been missing; it was always there just like the dream. Sometimes you see it, sometimes you don’t. It’s always there before you even when you cannot bear to reach out and touch it.

I ran to the lodge hall, down the back passage to my armory and tossed open the door’s sending roosted birds aflutter. As I walked to the back and reached for the closed cupboard handles I froze. Was I ready could I take up the mantle once more? Closing my eyes I pulled with all my might opening the rusted and forgotten hinges. Hanging there lightly encased in dust was my tabard of the Templar. I pulled it over my shoulders and dusted it clean as I could. Thou now it is no longer white and pure as I was when I first took it up it was still there just like the dream always was.

With haste I rushed to my loyal servant and spoke to him, then was off to see the Arch Bishop. Someone must tell him what I have learned. Thou I fear another may try and stop me I only pray you all find this message. If I should not return know foul play is afoot and warn the king of a danger long forgotten in these lands.

Joseki Ko
Joseki Ko
179 Followers