Dreaming Ch. 02

Story Info
The story continues.
1.3k words
3.9
28k
00

Part 2 of the 3 part series

Updated 11/02/2022
Created 07/12/2003
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Now on with the story...

"Well it was just that the strangest thing about it was that you were in it..."

"Whoa hold up for a minute, I was in your dream. That's kinda strange."

"Yeah you were." I could hear him hesitate on the other line, damn I should have handled that better - can't get very far basically calling him a freak. "Well it was a strange dream all around."

Good he continued I thought I'd lost him there for a minute. "Yeah tell me about it."

"Huh?"

"I said to tell me about it." Whew, quick cover.

"It sounded like you'd had a strange dream too." Damn he knew me too well.

I conceded defeat, "Well yes I guess I did as a matter of fact..." and after a brief pause decided to go for the gusto "and you were in my dream as well." It couldn't hurt, after all he had been dreaming about me as well.

I decided then that maybe we should talk about this in person. "Why don't we meet somewhere and talk about it, I really need my morning coffee."

"So do I, how about the GSU (student union where there is a food court) in twenty minutes, I need to get a shower." Mmmm, thoughts of him in the shower and the after-affects of the dream were getting me all hot again.

"Sounds good to me, see ya' there."

I hung up the phone and got dressed quickly. I left my apartment locking the door behind me and walked down the street to catch the T (the Boston subway for those who don't know). And caught the green line to take me to the GSU.

A few minutes later I was back on campus and heading down the sidewalk for the student union. I looked inside and didn't see Eric, but went on in and found a table. Eric rolled up a few minutes later on his roller blades and came inside. I waved to get his attention.

"Hi."

"Good morning. Ready for some coffee."

"Definitely."

As we walked towards coffee and a bagel I couldn't help but let my gaze wander to that very lovely ass of his.

"You ok?" His comment jolting me out of my reverie.

"Yeah I'm fine."

"You sure, you look kinda out of it today."

"Yeah I guess I am not quite with it today." Of course I'd much rather be with him, in my apartment in bed, or on the sofa, or the floor, the shower. They all sounded good to me.

A cup of coffee in one hand and a bagel in the other we head back to the table. An awkward pause as neither of us knows how to begin, so we just drink our coffee.

OK let's get this over with, "So you had a strange dream last night, I did too."

"Yeah you mentioned that earlier."

Another awkward moment, damn, why can't this be easier than it was turning out to be.

"So who goes first?" How clich, this was not the way I'd hoped this would be. I stared down at my coffee trying in vain to ease the tension.

"I don't know my dream was pretty personal..."

"Same here." I look up to find him staring at me. Our eyes lock. It was like a window opening - looking into his blue eyes - I could see so much going on behind them in his mind. I'm sure he could read the whirlwind of feelings going on in my head too.

It's amazing what instinct can do when logic fails. So much information carried in an instant that we had been stumbling over trying to share.

Then logic takes over again...

Hmmm...maybe we should try for somewhere a little more private -that might help. "Well hey, you know I really don't want to share my dream in public and it doesn't seem like you do either."

"No, definitely don't want to do that."

"So you want to go somewhere private?"

"Yeah we could go to my dorm it's closer, but my roommate might still be there."

"That's ok we can head to my apartment, it's not too long a trip on the T."

"Yeah ok."

So we left the GSU and the awkwardness behind for a little while at least. Travelling on the T with him gave me some hope. We could joke together just like always. And for the moment act like nothing had happened, and nothing was going on. It was just two good friends on the subway.

But then my stop came up, and the tension started to grow again. We knew we were going to have to face the serious matter that we had escaped for a short time.

Very subdued compared to the trip on the subway we made our way up the steps of my building, and to my apartment. I closed the door behind us as we went in.

"Want something to drink?" Stalling, trying to get my thoughts together.

"Sure."

I grabbed a couple of sodas from the fridge and came back into the living room; he'd settled himself on one end of the sofa. I handed him the soda and took the other end.

"So..." Couldn't there be a script for situations like this.

"Yeah." Well at least he was as uncomfortable as I was. I don't know if I could have handled this is if it were totally one sided.

I looked up into his eyes once again and that instant connection took hold. I got up the nerve to do it. Then leaned over towards him and kissed him very gently.

For a moment I thought I'd gone too far then he began to kiss me back. It was wonderful like lightning running up and down my spine.

Then he suddenly pulled away. What had happened? What had gone wrong? What had I done wrong?

"Oh shit! I'm sorry man, I didn't mean..."

Fortunately for me he didn't let me finish. "It's ok it's not you, it's me. I don't know... I mean I've never... it's just that..."

Then it dawned on me; this was his first time really. Not with sex certainly, but his first time getting intimate with another guy. I could relate my experiences with guys had been few so far. Even in a city like Boston where non-heterosexual activities were more accepted it was still hard to let it out.

"That's ok, we can take it slowly. I think it'd be best for both of us that way."

At that he smiled his beautiful, wonderful smile - the smile that made heat sweep through my body. And I smiled in return. We just sat like that for a minute, smiling at each other in simple silent communion. If a picture is worth a thousand words then a smile must be worth 10,000. But it couldn't last forever, it did have to end at some point.

"So what are your plans for tonight?"

"I don't know yet."

"Well why don't we have dinner and catch a movie later."

"Ok by me." That being settled he decided to go before things could get out of hand again.

"So I'll see you tonight. Where do you want to meet at." Reminding him of the practical details before he rushed off, that would have made a big mess our first date and neither of us knowing where to meet the other at.

"Why don't we meet in Kenmore Square, about 7 say."

"Ok sounds good to me."

"See ya there." As I walked him to the door, he surprised me. Right before he opened the door, he leaned over to me, wrapped his arms around me and kissed me. Nowhere near as passionate as before and all too brief, but it was a kiss that he initiated and it made me hopeful of tonight.

His eyes twinkled merrily as he walked out in the hall.

I shut the door and came back inside glancing at the clock as I went. Damn only 1 O'clock. I still had 6 hours left, how was I going to stand it. But I had to admit to myself he was worth waiting for.