Dreams of Love Ch. 06

Story Info
Damion and Topain meet.
4.3k words
4.42
14.4k
5

Part 6 of the 6 part series

Updated 10/30/2022
Created 09/12/2006
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
FaeLina
FaeLina
219 Followers

Topain woke the next morning, sunlight making him close his eyes again. He turned, burying his face in the pillow. His hand brushed over Trina's bare skin. Jerking fully awake, he pulled away. She stirred and then sleepily opened her eyes. When she saw him, she smiled warmly. "Milord," she murmured. He tried to return her smile, but failed. He stood up and dressed hurriedly.

"I have to go," he said, his voice strained. She nodded, understandingly. But he was already gone out the door. He felt like such a fool, running from her. He remembered before Linaross how he had never cared about the women he had slept with. But now, guilt was strong in him, making him loathe himself. Even more then he had when he had pushed Linaross away. Reaching Linaross's room, he pushed the heavy door open. His eyes swept over her still form and he dragged a chair to her bedside. Closing the door behind him, he locked it and sank into the chair. Taking her hand into his, he sighed softly. "Oh Lina...I have betrayed your love," he whispered. In answer, he felt her mind brush against his in a question. He nearly sobbed with relief at that touch as he opened his mind to hers.

Linaross took instantly from him what would have taken hours for him to tell her. And when she brushed his mind again, it was full of love and pride. :My love, you have done something that is very honorable. You have showed Trina what it feels like to love. Why would I hate you for that?: she asked him.

He shrugged, still amazed at her acceptance. :But I should have refused Lina. I should never have taken what she was offering!: he protested. Her answer was a soft chuckle.

:Don't you see that she was terrified of all men? I felt that. I gave her the courage to ask for what she needed. I was with her last night, helping her to accept you. If you and I hadn't helped her, then she would have died soon of mistreatment and hatred of men...can't you see that?:

Topain stared down at her in shock. She had made Trina ask him to use her body! :I also made you want her. Before last night, you had looked upon her as a little sister, one worthy of your protection. Not as an object of lust. I helped you both. I made you want her, because I would rather her learn from you then anyone else: she added. He jerked away, shocked. Linaross had never done this before. She had never manipulated anyone's mind or body.

"How could you!" he cried out softly. He instantly felt her self doubt and guilt. Quenching his own anger and disbelief, he gathered her close. He knew she had done it for Trina's own good, and that was all that mattered.

:I didn't think you would mind. I honestly didn't, or I would never have done it: she explained her mind voice full of anguish. He soothed her gently. "I don't Lina. It just surprised me. I'm not angry, honest," he said into her ear. He wished that she was better enough to at least look at him, but the spell had been effective. It rendered her body into a deathlike state, her skin cold, her heartbeat so slow that one doubted it being there. Only because of Distri's work was her mind still alive.

:Are you sure my love? Because she will need more...you understand that right?: she said tentatively. He nodded.

:Yes Lina, I understand that. And if you truly want me to help her, then I will, but I will need your help. When I looked at her just now, I couldn't understand why I had done it last night. I couldn't understand what had appealed to me. Now I do. You were with her in her mind. I could sense that. I should have guessed when her hands made me forget my guilt and pain and sleep. Only your touch can do that Lina: he said, smoothing back her hair.

:I will help you in whatever way I can Topain. Do not worry about me. If you'd like, I could stay in her mind in such a way that I would feel everything she feels. So in a way, you would be making love to me: she suggested.

:I'd like that love. I would feel better knowing you were there. Maybe then, I could forget about Trina and just love you!: He sat up, hearing a knock on the door. "Come in," he called aloud. Then remembering the locked door, he cursed softly and left Lina's side to go unlock it, hurrying back to his love right after, letting whoever was there to come in on their own. Linaross instantly grew silent and unresponsive, making him bite his lower lip. But he understood her reluctance. Her shields weren't up to full strength yet, and until they were, she couldn't trust that whoever came in might hear her. And if they did that they would keep their secret for them.

"Milord, I've come to tell you that my brother Damion approaches. Would you receive him in here, or in the parlor?" Distri asked, slowly, gracefully walking into the room. Topain stood, not releasing Linaross's hand. He hesitated before answering, remembering Trina's words from the night before. But he could feel Linaross's curiosity. She needed to know about this monster.

"In here if you will. Oh and when should Lina be able to use her mind again?" he asked, curious.

"I'm afraid not for another day at least. I know you want to talk to her, but you can't. At least not yet, please understand and be patient milord." Distri flashed a sympathetic smile before bowing her head and leaving.

"She's lying, my love. She said at least another day!" he informed Linaross.

She chuckled softly in his mind. :Dear, dear Topain. She doesn't know that I am stronger then most. She honestly believes it will be longer before you and I can talk. And you were right. I do want to know about this man who hurts so many carelessly. When he comes in, I will listen through you. I've found I can do that if I know the person well enough: she said.

"Of course. I should have thought of that my love. Forgive me for my suspicions. We can't afford to be so doubting of our gracious hostess," he said, opening his mind to her fully again. He felt her slip inside and settle there wearily. "After this I will leave. You need your rest. I want to leave this place as quickly as I can. And we can't leave until you are at full strength," he said.

:Have you contacted Father yet? He needs to know we were attacked: she asked. He shook his head.

"Not yet Lina. I was too tired last night. But I will do it right after I meet this Damion." He shook his hair back, wishing he had secured it before he had left him room. And then suddenly it was. He laughed and looked at Linaross in amazement. :He's right outside the door my love: was all she said.

"Yes Lina..." he said just as a knock sounded on the heavy wooden door. "Come in," he called.

"I can't believe I have to knock on my own door in my own house!" a male voice was saying as the door opened. In walked a tall, muscular man, handsome to a fault, every golden hair perfectly placed, his well tailored clothing molding to his well muscled body. He carried himself like a member of the royal line, the strange golden color of his eyes looking with thinly veiled contempt on his sister who followed meekly behind him. Instantly Topain realized how easy it could be for a girl to fall under his spell, until she looked into those eyes and say the dark malice lurking there behind the beauty.

"Well Damion, this is a lady's private room. It is considered polite to knock," Distri said as she followed her brother into the room. "Milord, this is my brother, Damion Cloudkin. He owns this little manor," she introduced, curtsying low. Topain stood, bowing his head in response.

"So this is the nobleman my sister insisted I meet. He doesn't look like much to me Distri," Damion said, looking Topain over. Topain noted how he didn't even incline his head in greeting, even though he was before someone of noble blood.

"Well Lord Cloudkin, I must say, looks can be deceiving. For you look like a prince, even though I have been assured you are not," he said, smiling. Damion scowled, and then turned to his sister, dismissing her with a wave of his hand. She automatically left, acting more like a servant then Damion's own flesh and blood. This made Topain frown slightly, remembering all to well how he used to do the same. He thanked the gods and Linaross for bringing him back from the heartless cruel persona he had grown into. And he could only hope that this Damion would eventually realize the same, though he doubted it.

"I'm sure my darling sister made sure to tell you that we aren't as noble as we appear. She seems proud of her humble beginnings. But I am not, I assure you. So you are Cres Tiferkin," he said. "Sit, we will talk," he commanded. Topain smiled to himself. He acted like a prince too. He sat, only after Damion had. He reached automatically for Linaross's hand, strengthening their mental connection.

"She's quite beautiful. Is she your sister?" Damion asked, his greedy golden eyes locked on Linaross's sleeping form.

:Tell him I am your traveling companion Topain: Linaross suggested in his mind. He protested, but when he started to speak, he said, "No. Just someone I met a few towns ago. We were going the same way, so started to travel together. I barely know her." He gritted his teeth, sending a few swears to Linaross. :I always get my way my love, haven't you noticed that?: she said, laughing.

"Well, that is good to hear," Damion muttered. Then aloud, "So she is available? Do you know?"

"Yes. But I don't think she is looking for marriage. I think she is going to the church," Topain said hurriedly.

"Maybe I can change her mind Milord. And if you put a few good words in for me, I would be forever in your debt. She is lovelier beyond belief," Damion said, his voice practically dripping with feigned friendliness.

"I will think about it Damion. I have an obligation to protect her, since she is so young and trusting. But you seem to be a strong, intelligent man. One who would make a good husband for Lana. Come, let us talk more about other things besides this lovely creature," Linaross made Topain say. He sent his anger and fear for her safety to her through their connection. Damion had a reputation of being a hateful, violent person. Two people had warned him of this.

:Don't worry my love. I can protect myself: she assured.

:But not as weak as you are Lina. Even talking to me is difficult to you. And you and I share one of the closest bonds Marikay has ever seen. He can easily overpower you!: he protested, even as he talked with Damion about the weather and profits of trading. She sighed softly, giving in for the moment.

"Damion, I have to say though. I'd rather not think of marrying Lina off until she is completely well. And I would feel more comfortable if her door was locked at night. And then the key given to my maid, Trina," he said as soon as he felt her acquiesce.

Damion looked furious for a second, then smoothed his handsome features into a careful mask. "Of course Cres, I wouldn't oppose that at all. She is under you care. And you will do what you seem best. I will lock the door myself and hand the keys over to Trina," he said graciously. Then he paused. "Trina you say? Why she is my personal maid. Did Distri give her to you?" he asked.

"No Damion. I chose her. The one given to me didn't suit my preferences. Do you mind?" Topain asked innocently.

Damion flushed. "No Cres, not at all. You are welcome to her. I don't blame you for choosing her though. She is quite an amazing beauty. If she had been of noble birth, I would have wed her. But I am sure she will find another to love," he said hurriedly. He stood, smoothing his tunic down. "Now, if you will excuse me Cres, I have important things I must see to. I will see you at dinner perhaps?" he said.

Topain stood. "Yes. How could I turn down an invitation from our gracious host?" he said, bowing slightly. Damion frowned, then inclined his head reluctantly. Then, turning on his heel, he left the room quickly. Topain automatically turned to the still figure on the bed. "And now you Lina, you deceiving little sneak. You will rest for the remainder of the day. I will have you well as soon as possible. I don't like that man. I also don't know what you are trying to do here, but I am against it!" he growled.

:I will tell you when I am better my love. But until then, I will do as you say. But go now and learn all you can about our host from his sister. Or from Trina. That poor girl is more then willing to help. And do not forget our agreement concerning her. You promised to teach her!: Linaross said. Her mind-voice was tinged with extreme mental fatigue.

"Don't worry my love...I will teach her. But you must help; remember that as you plan against our so ungracious host." He leaned down to kiss her forehead lovingly before leaving the room.

:And you stop antagonizing him!: she retaliated weakly. He laughed and shook his head, closing the door gently behind him. He walked towards the stairs, needing to see to his horses, to ask their forgiveness for his rough treatment the day before. Also he had to write a letter to his father. At the thought of his father, Topain's mind wandered back to two years ago. He had been sent away to schooling when he was a little over six years of age. He hadn't come home except on holidays and even then, he tried to find somewhere else to go. When he had finally been sent home right before his eighteenth birthday, he had grown up into a stranger, but one who was willing to rule the land with care and compassion, after seeing what his father did from an outside view. Almost immediately, after his birthday ball and the proclaiming of his rise to royal Heir, he left on his trial, determined to prove this to his father. Then, Linaross had been a scrawny, pigtailed girl who had demanded all of the attention from their parents. Three years later, he returned, wiser and stronger, changed in many ways. And he found that the girl everyone called his sister, who he barely knew, had changed too.

She had grown an inch or two more, but was still almost a foot shorter then him. Her dirty-blonde tresses had turned to a molten honey-gold color. Her watery blue eyes had cleared and brightened into the alluring sky blue shade that he loved. And she had filled out, her stick thin body filling out and developing the curves of a woman. He was instantly smitten with her beauty, and when he started to know her, her intelligence, wit, and fondness for even the littlest things. But she had been infatuated with one of the upper servants. Topain struggled to remember the name of his rival for Linaross's heart. Jenson. That was it. Eventually, though, her eyes had strayed to him, and he managed to win her interest, and finally her love. By pure accident, they ended up staying together all night long in the pouring rain in the forest. With both their desires raging out of control by the closeness of the other, in the sheltering confinement of a cave, they ended up making love.

Topain had been filled with joy and delight, immediately going to his new friend, Adarin, to crow his delight and joy to him. But instead of sharing his joy, Adarin had expressed disgust. "You slept with your SISTER?" he had asked, horrified. Topain had tried to explain, but every point Adarin had made had seemed so logical. Eventually, Topain hated himself for taking Linaross's virginity, and also he hated the fact that he had desired his sister so much. But no matter how much he hated himself, he found he couldn't hate the one person who had captured his heart. And that person lay in a green bedroom, so vulnerable, so beautiful it made his heart ache just to look at her. Eventually he couldn't stay away from her; he had to tell her how much he loved her. And now he thanked the stars above he had and that she had taken him back into her heart and her arms. Now if only he had been able to protect her...

He pushed his thoughts way as he entered the stables. Seeing that Lightening and Milky were content and happy eating grain in an open stall, he turned intent on finding Distri. When he did, he smiled a greeting. "I need to send a message to my father, explain what happened," he said. She nodded, understanding. Then, she led him to the library. "You will find paper, pen, and ink on the desk. I will return in a bit to take the finished letter. I will mail it for you so my brother doesn't suspect something," she offered. He breathed in relief, not wanting Damion to know Linaross or his true identities.

Sitting behind the desk, he picked the pen up. Dipping it into the inkwell, he took a deep breath. This would be the hardest letter he had ever had to write. Paintin loved his adopted daughter fiercely, and hated to hear of any ill that might have befallen her. Setting the pen to the paper, he penned a quick letter to his father of what he knew so far. Then, after sanding the wet ink, he folded it and dripped the hot wax onto it. Pressing his signet ring into the wax, he sealed the letter closed; breathing a small spell over it to assure it reached his father, unopened, as fast as possible. He stood and went to Distri in the kitchen. She turned to him, surprised at his speed but nodded, taking the letter from him and turning to the servant beside her. "Make sure this gets delivered to the palace Fridrik, and stop for no one. Then wait for a response before returning home," she commanded clearly. The mute man nodded once, taking the letter before turning to leave. She looked at Topain. "He is one of my most trusted. If he can't do it, then no one can. Though I really can't foresee any problems. My brother is sleeping from his travels and would not have heard us. Even if he could have heard us through the shields and walls of this room. And Fridrik can fight off any mage with the shields I have put on him. He serves me out of love, not through any spells of mine." Her words, meant to reassure only caused Topain to pace. If that letter didn't make it to his father, they wouldn't know Lina's life was in danger.

Distri placed one small delicate hand on his shoulder, her eyes dark with concern and worry. "Relax Milord. There is not much more for you to do right now. And if you wear yourself out with pacing and worrying over things that are now out of your control, you can not remain strong for the lovely Lana. And that will accomplish nothing. She is strong willed, but she depends on you for most of her faith. You are her world, her everything. If you exhaust yourself, she won't find the hope to fight the spell holding her mind and body captive." The dulcet voice caressed his mind, waking him out of his worry with her wisdom.

"You are right sweet lady. Forgive me for my lack of discipline. It is hard for me to see her like that. Ever since I can remember, she has been strong. No one would harm her, they love her moments after meeting her. But I find myself rambling. Once again, I ask forgiveness," he said, smiling for her, to ease the lines of worry he saw between her emerald eyes. "Perhaps you can distract me with a lesson?" he asked.

"Oh! Of course Milord. And there is no need to ask forgiveness. You are understandably distraught and worried. It makes you human to lose yourself in your emotions every now and then. Come; let us go to the workroom. It is well shielded in there, so much so that nothing can pass through, not even regular sounds." She turned, long blond hair swaying behind her as she led him through the manor to a tiny room in the center of the building. The entire room was made of stone, from the door to the few pieces of furniture inside. After sliding the door closed, despite it's heaviness, she turned and smiled. "Feel better Milord?" she asked.

Nodding, the soft hum in his mind fading to silence as the door closed, he looked around the room. He had never even noticed the hum before, it having been a part of his mind all his life. But, now with it gone, he realized how loud it had been. Suddenly, he could think clearly, more so then he ever had before. "Yes. It's so quiet in here, I almost don't believe it!" he murmured, his eyes wide. "What type of rock is this?"

FaeLina
FaeLina
219 Followers
12