Dry Valley Ch. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Tom awoke the next morning totally satisfied and even more in love than he thought he could be. He was in awe of Bailey. He had become so accustomed to having thoughts of her running through his mind at any given moment of the day, that if he didn't think of her, he felt like a large part of his soul was missing. Just the thought of her voice, her scent, her laughter brought an unshakable smile to his face.

Even when she was gone, she was taking care of him. Tom had found a note on his pillow this morning when he had awakened.

I'm off to help Aunt Wanda with dinner preparation for this evening. Breakfast is in the microwave. Thank you, love, for the time of my life. ~B

Tom opened the microwave to find a stack of homemade blueberry pancakes and sausage awaiting him. After eating the hearty breakfast, Tom hopped in the truck and drove out to the edge of town. There he found what he'd been looking for....a field of daisies. He picked a handful of daisies and headed toward Wanda O'Grady's house.

Tom parked his truck behind the garage where he had often parked when he was younger. When someone had done something particularly hurtful to Bailey, he'd oftentimes sneak into her bedroom window and just talk with her to cheer her up. This time, he was hoping to express how he felt without words....those would come later. He knew she would understand the significance of the daisies. He had always thought it was sweet when she said she'd rather have a few hand-picked daisies that came from the heart than to have dozens of roses that were an afterthought. He hoped that with this surprise awaiting her after dinner this evening, he would be able to express what he hadn't been able to say.

Tom was turning to the window to leave when his own name caught his eye. He stepped up to the desk holding Bailey's laptop and sat down at the chair, knowing that what he was doing was wrong, but not able to tear his eyes from the screen.

Dear Tom, Let me start by apologizing. There are no words that can describe how I feel right now. I feel like a coward, yet I feel stronger than I ever have.....and its all due to you. The last week has been amazing. But that should come as no surprise to anyone as in my eyes, you've always been amazing. I wish I could've been more for you.....more of what you deserved.

I'm too much of a coward to tell anyone in person that I'm leaving. By the time you get this, I'll be in New York. It's the best for me. I can't lie about it anymore.....to myself or anyone else. There's nothing left for me here. After the way I've thrown myself at you the last few days, I shutter to think of what you must truly think I am. You know deep down that girl isn't me, but its who she wanted to be with you. I gave in and selfishly granted myself one last fantasy come true with you. And I don't regret a single moment of it.

I can't remember a time, even back in high school, when I didn't love you. Its funny to me that its never been easy for me to open up and love anyone, but with you, it was the easiest thing in the world. I guess I just wanted you to know that I'll never forget you or how you changed my life.....beyond those few days we spent together. Be happy, Tom. That's my wish for you. Love, Bailey

Tom sat in stunned silence not believing what he'd just read. After all they'd shared together? After he finally admitted to himself that he loved her? She was leaving? Just like that, she was leaving?

"The hell you are," Tom muttered angrily as he slammed the laptop shut and stormed out of the bedroom.

12