Educating Harry Ch. 01

Story Info
Harry learns from one woman, a second,a third...
4.4k words
4.53
57.9k
33

Part 1 of the 20 part series

Updated 10/26/2022
Created 03/13/2011
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Australian slang and American equivalents:-

Uni short for University

Ute short for utility, a pick up truck

Mobile = cell phone

Feral = redneck

Bloody oath or my bloody oath = too right

Autumn = Fall

Harry, during a long hot Australian summer meets first one woman then another, who all belong to the same group of friends. Harry is unusually smart but still has more to learn... and so from time to time do the women.

*

The lunch party broke up just after three o'clock. Trixie Llewellyn-Jones, the ministers wife left first, some parish work to attend to. She was soon followed by Bella Mason the new Hawksworth High School principal who also gave a lift to Carol Johnson and her rather odd little partner Lois.

"Come on Susan" said Maria the remaining guest to her hostess, "I'll give you a hand to clear up."

Within five minutes the two had everything in the dishwasher and settled down with a coffee for a good gossip.

"Pity the new doctor couldn't come. What's her name, Frances something or other?"

"Frances Gear" replied Susan. "I've only met her once, she seems very nice, we'll make sure she's invited to the next one. You do think we should do it again?"

"Oh yes, I thought today was really good and everyone got on so well. Carol's partner Lois is a bit of an oddity though, isn't she, rather quiet and somehow a bit cold. Mind you it's not surprising really, Carol can talk enough for two and she is a bit domineering."

Susan looked up quizzically and smiled. "Oh alright" laughed Maria I'm usually the bossy one, but people seem to expect it from me".

"They do" said Susan reflecting that it was hard to ignore Maria considering that her friend the daughter of an American father and Maori mother stood at least six feet three and one ninety pounds even after she kicked off the high heels she invariably wore. She was no skinny model but had the fine figure of the athlete she had been as a teenager. Her almost black wavy hair hung right down her back swishing regularly across the most admired backside in the Australian country town of Hawksworth, an unchallenged status since her arrival a year or so ago. At least, that was the opinion of Susan's dad."No man with any sense will try to look that woman in the eye" he had pontificated. "Not as long as she's got those legs and that ass."

"So" repeated Maria "we agree that the inaugural get together of the thirty something professional women of Hawksworth should be repeated."

"Well," responded Susan. "I don't know about thirty something. I'm almost thirty three and Bella is at least twelve months older than me. Remember, I was on her interviewing committee. Trixie and Lois are the youngest they're only twenty nine. But yes, I guess the way the chatter kept up we obviously have a lot in common, and we seemed to get on pretty well so yes we'll do it again. Who will be the next hostess, you or Carol?"

Maria deftly ignored her friend's sly dig and replied conclusively that Carol should be asked if she would like to be the next hostess and she Maria would stay modestly in the background. "Oh and talking of Carol" she continued, have you got her brother's telephone number? Didn't his firm do your new security system? I need some work done and if you thought his work was ok then I will ask him for a quotation."

"Well" said Susan, "it depends just what you want done I suppose, but I'm really pleased with his work, not cheap, but very good, and it is very reliable. With Alice going to the States this summer and starting Uni in Sydney when she returns in the autumn, I would not have felt secure when I have to return home on my own at night. He has installed an alarm but it also incorporates closed circuit television so that I can check the house before I go in. In fact I can check it from anywhere by calling on my mobile. The pictures come up on the screen and when I am at home I can check the house and show the pictures on the television as well. Come on I'll show you.

"Here is the first shot, the driveway and garage doors. I can also turn the house lights on by remote control before leaving the car. And now inside, the kitchen, dining room, hallway lounge, look there we are. Now let's switch to the upstairs cameras. My room, the landing, Alice's. room and last at the back. the guest rooms.

"Oh my God," cried Susan.

She dropped the remote control because in front of her in thirteen hundred millimetre (Fifty two inch) wide liquid crystal colour was the image of her eighteen year old daughter Alice making very passionate love to a young man who was definitely not Alice's regular boyfriend, a young man Maria had not seen before. Maria picked up the remote but did not switch off straight away. "god they're beautiful" she whispered, "beautiful." Two slim, lithe young bodies entwined, sinuously, thrusting, grasping at each other, obviously close to climax. in a vivid but almost surreal silence.

Click. The spell was broken as Maria pressed the off button and turned to her friend.

Susan was almost frantic "I'm so embarrassed. We shouldn't have intruded, and that's not Wayne. It's Harry, Harry Salt, but he's not her boyfriend. Oh, what shall I say to her."

"Come on, said Maria "it couldn't be helped, we didn't intend to look. Here, have another cup of coffee."

"Huh", responded Susan with some asperity, "it's all very well for you but it's not every day that I watch my daughter making love to someone who is almost a total stranger." Look, will you stay on for a few minutes... until they come down, because I'm bound to blurt something out and then I'll be so embarrassed, Alice will be embarrassed too, and probably furious, and God knows how Harry will react."

Maria privately thought that her friend was over dramatizing the situation but also guessed that given a few minutes she would soon collect herself. "Tell me more about Harry, where does he come into the picture?"

Susan explained. "Harry first went to school with Alice from the age of twelve but the teachers soon noticed that he was exceptional at mathematics, not just exceptional but absolutely brilliant in fact he was pretty darn good at everything else too. Anyway, his last teacher in High School was Carol Johnson before she left to start her own business and she persuaded a retired mathematics professor, Fred Neumann to tutor Harry. Carol told me she couldn't teach Harry a thing. We realized that Harry had a special talent when Fred entered him for a major university scholarship when he was only 16. He didn't just win, he demolished the opposition."

"That's not that unusual" interrupted Maria, "top maths students are often precocious."

"True replied Susan but Fred entered Harry for a graduate not an undergraduate scholarship. He beat a bunch of twenty two and twenty three year olds who had just got good honours degrees. So he went to Uni at sixteen and now he's not quite twenty and he already has a double first class honours degree in Maths and Physics."

"Mmmn" pondered Maria "seriously bright kid then, but" she added grinning mischievously "at least we know he doesn't do everything by numbers."

"You're incorrigible Maria" Susan retorted. "Now, he is fielding offers from Universities all over the world, He'll probably go to the States or Europe, but for this summer he is filling in as a local odd job man mowing lawns, fixing small things for people around the town and such like, he's very good with computers. You'd be surprised, he is very practical. He can turn his hand to most jobs."

Maria was tempted to observe that Harry was certainly doing a fine job with Alice but kept the thought to herself and questioned "what has he been doing here?"

"You know Alice, she is a good student herself and she is so ambitious, she suggested that she ask Harry to come over and tutor her. She told me that she wanted to be top of her year right from the beginning when she starts Uni. Do you think she has planned this" added Susan, suddenly suspicious?

"In a way I hope she has" grinned Maria "it's certainly enterprising, though it puts you in an awkward position. If you think about it you're actually paying a guy to have sex with your daughter and I wonder where her boyfriend, Wayne Holcombe isn't it; where does he fit in? Joking aside Susan, Alice has some explaining to do, to him at least."

"Only after I have been told what's been going on" replied Alice's mother. Susan had taken a grip on herself with the prospect of dealing with her errant daughter."I shan't be able to look Mike and Shirley Holcombe in the face knowing what I know. They're two of my oldest friends and as for poor Wayne." Susan noticed Maria's raised eyebrow "Oh alright" she conceded, "Mike is a terrible football and golf bore but Shirley's not too bad and I do see a lot of them. And there is poor Wayne, he's almost a fixture around here."

Maria was already fairly firmly convinced that if "poor Wayne" had looked out for himself Alice might be otherwise occupied at the moment, but her temptation to say so was stifled as both she and Susan heard footsteps descending the stairs.

Alice and Harry walked in:

Alice was a slightly taller, slightly slimmer version of her mother. She moved with the same easy grace as Susan and as both had similar golden blonde hair the only difference was that whilst Alice was very attractive her mother was more, she was undeniably lovely. Both of them shared another feature guaranteed to cause envy in that they shared the kind of fine looks that would last. Harry was by comparison, nondescript, equally slim he just escaped being skinny and if anything at five foot nine or so may have been a fraction the shorter of the pair. Almost black hair, not bad but not good looking his only remarkable feature was his green brown eyes, which thought Maria, many girls would kill for.

Alice did the introductions. "Harry, you know mum, this her best friend Maria Bunce, Maria has one of those impossibly long, unpronounceable New Zealand Maori names, so she's been shortened to Maria. Maria this is Harry."

Maria stood up to shake hands. She did so deliberately because in her experience a lot of men found it intimidating to find themselves looking up steeply to a much taller woman at close quarters. To her slight surprise Harry did not take the usual involuntary step backwards but held her hand and his ground for a moment, until she resumed her seat. Maria picked up the conversation, asking firstly of Alice what her immediate plans were.

"I'm going to visit my cousins in the US for three or four months, they live near Chicago. It'll be strange having a cold Christmas after the usual hot ones we get here in Australia but I'm so looking forward to it. Then in February I will be back to start Uni in Sydney."

"How about you Harry?"

"Oh, I'll probably be heading out just when Alice is coming back. I am thinking about a couple of offers but at the moment I'm also toying with the idea of taking a year off before any further studies. Both my sisters, and my parents live in the USA so that's probably my next destination though I'll be living with my Aunt Diane here in Hawksworth for at least the next three or four months."

Susan intervened, "so you won't be seeing any more of Alice for a while as she will be leaving on Monday, in three days in fact." Maria could almost sense Susan's relief but then Harry gazed unwaveringly at Susan and said with a big smile "Yes, I know but Alice is a great student, she picks things up really quickly and seems to get better every time I see her."

That was too much for Maria, she was seized with a sudden choking fit but as Susan hurried to get her a glass of water Maria just managed to stop from laughing out loud and got a hold of herself. "Thanks" she said taking the water, "that was a bit of a conversation stopper, I should be getting along now anyway, perhaps I could give you a lift Harry, if you live over my way?"

"Thanks but no" he replied, "I have my ute round the side of the house." In any event much to Susan's relief , both guests rose to leave together.

Just as she was getting into her car Maria turned to Harry. "Harry could you let me have your phone number, I have a job that I need a hand with and might ring you in a day or two." He complied scrawling a note on the back of an old receipt found in the glove box of his ute. Alice then stepped forward and gave Harry a hug and a kiss. Not quite the chaste kiss of a maiden aunt but certainly reserved considering the young lovers would not be seeing each other for the foreseeable future.

Harry and Maria then left, her car following him down the long drive to the main road. "I have just the job for you Harry Salt" she mused to herself frowning slightly, "a job you are clearly very well qualified for. We will have to see what can be arranged."

Alice and Susan turned back into the house. "Just a minute" called Susan as Alice went to run upstairs to her room, "I want a word with you young lady." They went into the sitting room.

"What is it Mum," asked Alice warily? She wasn't used to her mum talking to her like that.

"I'm really embarrassed" said Susan wriggling in her seat, "I'm going to have to apologise, but I'm cross, really cross with you too. I don't know where to begin."

"Try the beginning," suggested her daughter unhelpfully.

"You know I had some ladies for lunch today. Well, after they had gone Maria helped me clear up. Then we sat down and had a cup of coffee."

"Get to the point mum."

"I will. This isn't easy you know."

"She, Maria asked me about our security system because she wants to get some similar work done. I showed her how it works how we can look at every room looking at the image on the television and on my mobile. I took her through each room, downstairs first, then my room, yours and finally the guest room. Then I saw you, and I dropped the remote control. You and Harry."

"Me and Harry what mum," Alice replied calmly.

"You and Harry were on the bed, having sex, in fact it looked as though he was about to..."

"Aw Mum didn't you switch off."

"I'd dropped the remote control, Maria picked it up" I'm so sorry, I never meant to intrude, I really didn't."

"Well, why didn't Maria Bunce turn it off then?"

"She did, it just took a few seconds."

"How many," responded Alice pugnaciously?"

"Six or seven, less than ten... definitely. Oh I'm so sorry," Susan wailed.

Alice stifled a giggle, "you poor old dears it must have been a shock."

"We are not poor old dears, of course it was a shock."

"And what did that other poor old perve Maria Bunce say" said Alice, now unable to control her giggling.

"Stop laughing at us Alice. Maria is not a perve, if you must know she said you, you and Harry that is were beautiful, then she switched off. After that she repeated herself, said you were beautiful I mean."

Alice stopped laughing, tears welled up in her eyes: her turn to wail.

"Mum, it is beautiful, making love with Harry is fantastic," the two women fell into each others arms, crying together, "Mum I never thought sex would be so wonderful, one minute he's so gentle then he gets me so worked up all I want is to give myself to him and then he can be like a tiger and finally he's gentle and kind he holds me close and I feel sort of precious, loved I suppose. I'm sorry I said those mean things about Maria because she was right when she said it was beautiful."

The two women having largely sorted out their problem gradually stopped crying and Susan flicked imaginary dust from her top as she tried to compose herself. "But young lady you still have some explaining to do. What would poor Wayne say, imagine how he would feel if he knew, you have been going out with him for more than two years."

"Well, 'umm, yes" said Alice, "this is going to require a bit of explanation. Wayne and I have always been good friends. We first started going out two years ago at the year ten formal, he didn't have a partner so I asked him."

"I am surprised" said Susan "he's such a handsome boy. I thought the girls would be flocking around him."

"Mum" said Alice gently, "please let me finish this then you will understand."

"It suited us both. It's a social death at if you can't find a partner for the year ten and year twelve formals. I'm a nerd at heart really, at least in the sense that I really am interested in academic work, and you know I do work hard. Wayne is pretty smart too. However, I may be a bit nerdy but I didn't want people to think I was, if you see what I mean. I had told a few boys who had asked me out that I wasn't interested and some of the bitchy girls were already calling me the Ice Queen. Going out with Wayne, the good looking sports-star at both rugby and cricket fixed that."

"But how did Wayne feel?"

"Mum, he felt exactly the same. He had taken a few girls out but no one who was around long enough to call his girl. No, he wanted the same as me, someone he liked, someone who he could have fun with socially but neither of us was interested in anything sexual. We've slept together mum, several times at parties but only slept. All our friends assume that because we are such a long standing item that we must be at it like rabbits, but we're not, we are just best friends."

"But Alice, are you saying that Wayne is not interested in sex?"

"No mum Wayne is interested in sex alright, but not with me."

"What do you mean, not with you?"

"Well mum, not with any other girl either."

"What! Are you saying Wayne's gay, oh my goodness his parents will be so upset."

"Yes Mum, Wayne is gay but he hasn't come out. Some people might criticize him for that but this isn't a big city like Sydney, it's Hawksworth, a small country town, it's very conservative. Everyone is very nice and helpful and kind, but say anything sympathetic about gay people and some people's true attitudes emerge. Their fear and loathing is visceral and we both know that. If Wayne came out here it wouldn't be too long before the ferals at the pub one Saturday night got enough booze into them to go after him and give him a right belting. You know that would happen mum and Wayne also worries about his parents. He loves them mum, even if his dad is a pain, but he thinks it would be best to tell them just before he goes to Sydney to University. Whether we agree with Wayne or not I think we should respect his choice."

"You're right Alice, but Mike and Shirley will be upset."

"Well, Mr. Holcombe will be but I suspect Mrs. Holcombe may already have some idea

based on one or two small things she has said to me."

"Well Alice you could knock me down with a feather but you still haven't told me where Harry fits into all this."

"He doesn't fit in to any of it really, well sort of, but not really."

"Six months ago when we arranged for me to go to Chicago for Christmas I got to thinking, are there that many other reasonably attractive eighteen year old virgins in Chicago? Not many, maybe none. So now is the time to get rid of that status. I really did think of it that cold bloodedly. I had Harry in mind because I have always liked him. When he was still at school, he had helped me a bit and I thought that if I contacted him, he would again, especially if I told him a good story about needing tutoring. I got a prescription and started taking the pill in plenty of time, arranged for Harry to come over, everything organized, you know what I'm like. Then all the wheels fell off."

"What do you mean?"

"Well, he came over the first time and while he was talking about maths I was busy with what I thought was a really cool seduction. Only it didn't work out, maybe my lack of experience showed. Don't laugh mum, it was so embarrassing. He suddenly turned to me and said, "Al, are you interested in getting into higher mathematics or just getting into my pants?" I went bright red, I was mortified, then I started crying. I was really tense I suppose. But as it turned out, getting upset was not a bad thing because I found out that Harry couldn't bear me being upset. He put his arm round me, said all sorts of nice things and after a while I calmed down a bit.

12