El Paso: MistressLynn

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
_Lynn_
_Lynn_
275 Followers

Soon it was time to get ready for my shift at the diner. I wasn't sure if Logan would be there tonight, after his short visit at my place. I wanted to look good just in case he did stop in.

The diner was busy when I walked in. People were chatting across the room to neighbors and friends making it extra noisy. There was a hint of excitement in the air. Behind the counter, I grabbed my apron to start my shift, only to catch the words "Carson ranch" from one of the men sitting at the counter.

So word was out about Logan now. Every table I served, each of the ranchers that stopped by for coffee and pie, had something to say about the changes at the ranch. I listened to it all, not letting on that I had already met the mysterious new owner. There were stories about the ranch itself and the kind of man that would take on such a place.

Not once did I hear a negative word about Logan himself. He had left a good impression of himself with both the feed store and the hardware store owners. The more I heard from the locals about the improvements they saw from the road, the more excited I was for tomorrow and our date.

Towards closing time everyone had cleared out. Since I'd missed my last break I was getting tired. Putting on some music, I closed my eyes and moved to the slow beat as I lost myself in the story.

"From thirty thousand feet above the desert floor
I see it there below
a city with a legend, the West Texas city of El Paso
where long ago I heard a song about a Texas cowboy and a girl
and a little place called Rosa's
where he used to go and watch this beauty whirl."

"You look beautiful like that Emma."

"Logan." His name came out in a soft, breathless rush as I opened my eyes to see him standing right in front of me.

We stood so close I could see the specks of black in his steel grey eyes. I could feel the heat from his body even though we weren't touching.

"I wanted to see if you were as beautiful as my memory of you this morning."

He moved one hand forward and cupped my cheek in his palm. I absorbed the feel of him for the first time where my face rested against his hand. My skin burned from his touch as chills ran down my spine.

"Emma, I want to kiss you, but not here. Now I'm going to leave, and count the hours until I see you in the morning. Sweet dreams, Emma."

With a light squeeze to my cheek, he turned and walked to the door. Logan stopped to look back at me after opening it. Giving me a smile and a wink, he continued out the door, letting it close behind him.

I just stood there, staring at the now empty spot where Logan had been standing only seconds ago. If not for the warmth still on my cheek, I would think I had imagined the entire thing. My heart was still beating out of control as my mind raced, thinking of the coming date with him.

Sounds from the kitchen interrupted my thoughts and reminded me that the cook or anyone walking in could have observed my brief encounter with Logan. Blushing, I went back to cleaning up the diner.

The last minutes before closing dragged by, as I struggled to keep my mind on work. Everything brought my thoughts back to Logan, from looking at the back booth to taking care of the leftover pie. I was relieved when it came time to close up for the night.

Once home, as I got ready for bed, I counted the hours until Logan would be picking me up. It had been a long time since I was this excited about anything so I struggled to settle down for the night. Images of steel grey eyes and a sexy grin floated through my head until I fell asleep.

I was glad to see the sun shining when I woke up; it was a perfect match for my mood. Lying back against the pillows, I closed my eyes and went back over the night before with Logan and those few minutes together when he said he wanted to kiss me.

Unsure and a bit nervous, I wondered if it would be awkward between us after last nights short conversation. I became more worried as the time got closer for him to get me. My bed was full of chosen and discarded outfits. A dress in pale yellow won over them all.

A few minutes before ten, I heard footsteps on the front walk. My heart pounded uncontrollably as I made my way to the front door at the first knock. When I saw Logan standing there, with that sexy grin on his face, all my worries disappeared. I opened the door wide, inviting him into my home.

"Logan, good morning."

"Good morning, Emma. You look even more beautiful today than last night."

His words stopped me as I turned for the pie.

"Thank you, Logan. You look very handsome yourself."

It wasn't difficult to return the compliment now. His easygoing manner and cheerful grin had relaxed me.

"I bet you say that to all your dates that offer you a tour of their ranch." His teasing remark was said with such a straight face I had to laugh.

"Of course I do. Why, just last week, I saw four new places. Yours is only the third this week, though."

"A bit sassy today, are we?"

That set the tone for the morning as we set out for the ranch. Logan was comfortable to talk to and soon we were rounding the last curve in the driveway before the ranch came into view. I fell in love with the cozy setting right away.

"Oh Logan, this is gorgeous! I can picture it with the flowers in bloom, some roses over there by the shrubs, maybe a vegetable garden next to the shed

My words stopped mid-sentence as I realized Logan was staring at me with an odd look. We were still in the long drive, not quite to the front of his new home.

"Yes, Emma, I can picture it too. I see all of those things and more. Sweet Emma, I picture so much more."

His eyes never left mine as they sent a message far deeper than his tender words. Logan brought my hand to his lips and placed a soft kiss in my palm.

The short distance to the stone path leading to his door was finished in silence with each of us lost in our own thoughts. Logan took my hand, led me up the steps and into his home.

"What do you see in here, Emma? Is it the same things I do, I wonder?"

His voice was quiet, full of yearning and desire. I was afraid to know what he saw, yet ached for it to be the same as I did. My mouth moved, but no words came out.

"There are children, Emma, happy, sweet and looking like their mother. The room's warm from the fireplace. There's a lot of laughter but there's love, Emma. So very much love."

I searched his eyes for any hint of teasing, but found none.

"Emma, I know this is fast; we don't know each other very well, but I felt it the first time I saw you. My hand burned when I touched your cheek. Then today, when you pictured the garden outside, I knew without a doubt. I love you, Emma Prescott."

"Oh, Logan, you're right about it being soon, but I know how fast a life can be taken from us. I knew I wanted to learn everything about you the first time you walked into the diner. When you joked about marrying me for my pie, I dreamt about it. I lost my heart to you when your fingers touched my cheek."

His arms wrapped around me almost before I stopped talking and he pulled me close to his hard body. Soft lips met mine for a deep, burning kiss, where our tongues darted and danced together. My nipples hardened as we moved against one another.

The next minutes pulsed with an unspoken need and heated desire. Logan's touch skimmed my body as the passion flared. I could feel the bulge beneath his clothing as his hips thrust forward, telling me of his excitement. I ached to feel his fingers on my naked flesh.

Logan pulled back, taking in great gulps of air as he rested his forehead on mine. Seconds passed as our hearts raced and our breathing stayed erratic.

"Darlin'." He paused to take a breath. "Emma, we need to stop. This isn't what I had in mind today."

I couldn't think when my body screamed at me for fulfillment. Looking into Logan's eyes, those gorgeous steel grey eyes, I was confused. His body said he wanted me as much as I wanted him and the desire was there in his eyes.

"I'm sorry, Logan. I didn't mean to push you

"Emma, look at me." The soothing words broke into my own; yet somehow I sensed what he was going to say was important.

"You didn't push me into anything. I want you, Emma, God knows I want you, but not like this. When I make you mine for the first time, it will be as my wife. I know this is fast, but we know what we want. I love you. Marry me, Emma Prescott."

I saw the truth in his face. He was right, it was fast. We weren't young anymore, and life had taught us many lessons. I knew without a doubt Logan was the man for me. Leaning back, I gave him my reply.

"Oh Logan! You just want a lifetime of pies!"

************

"Out in the west town of El Paso
came a young cowboy so tall and handsomely dressed
this one was new in town
she ran to meet him, to kiss and greet him
he raised to kiss her
her new life would be more exciting than where she had been
there's such a mystery in the song that I don't understand."

************

A special thank you goes to "drksideofthemoon" for his support, guidance and confidence in me to complete this story. In addition, thanks to"l8bloom" for her edit. I hope you take a moment to vote and leave your comment or feedback on "El Paso."

_Lynn_
_Lynn_
275 Followers
12