Entrapment

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
StangStar06
StangStar06
5,807 Followers

"He'd better get here soon," she said. "You need to take a firmer hand with him." I noticed a couple of my friends looking at my mom as if she was crazy.

My best friend, Della, choked on her drink and coughed loudly. She got up and followed me as I went back to Penny.

"Belinda, your mom is crazy," she said.

"I second that emotion," chirped in Penny. "So, are you going to answer me?"

"Shit, I hope not," I said. "Screwing Eric was the biggest mistake I ever made. I came pretty close to losing Dennis over it. He had the divorce papers ready. If the two of you hadn't lied and convinced him that I'd been drunk out of my mind when it happened, I'd have lost him for sure."

"That might not have been the end of the world," said Della. "That might've actually been good."

"How the hell would it have been good?" I asked.

"Well, if he'd divorced you," said Della. "You could have gotten Eric permanently and after a suitable waiting period of say a month or so..."

I suddenly noticed the relish in my best friend's eyes. I felt uncomfortable.

"After a suitable waiting period, your ass would be too late," said Penny. "I'd already have him."

I felt even more uncomfortable then. "Sex with Eric was awful," I said. "And it wasn't just the guilt I felt about cheating on Dennis. Eric...Okay let's be adults about this. He can't fuck. He's also terrible at eating pussy. He acts like it's supposed to be a privilege to suck his dick. And I got so fucking tired of him bragging about himself that I didn't know what to do. It was the biggest fucking mistake of my life and if Dennis ever finds out that I was with Eric more than once my marriage would be over."

"Why the hell did you do it?" asked Della. "Dennis is in better shape than Eric and he's better looking. He's got a great job and he really cares about you. Your BMW had to cost at least twice what his Mustang did and Belinda, that man loves you. He puts up with all of the shit you give him. I heard him out there this morning cutting the grass and trimming the hedges and then you sent him off somewhere, that was pretty fucking cold. You treat him more like your fucking butler than your husband."

"Why are you telling me this, Dell?" I asked. "I've already told you I made a mistake. Maybe I'm not the nicest woman on the planet but I do appreciate what I have. And in my own way I do love Dennis. There won't be any more Erics."

I started thinking then as I walked around to some of the other tables to check on other guests. Before that moment, I really hadn't given the matter any thought since it had been resolved. The scary thing was finding out that except for me, no one else considered the matter over. Scarier still was the fact that my two best friends seemed eager to rush in and claim my husband if things went badly. Della I could understand. She was divorced and her first husband had been a monster.

The man was a pure asshole. He'd hit her several times and couldn't keep a job to save his ass. If he wasn't taking her money to buy more liquor, he was cheating on her with some fucking twenty year old bar maid with a hundred fucking tacky tattoos.

But Penny, she was still married. How could a woman who was already married be interested in Dennis? It made no sense, unless she was planning on divorcing her husband too? I knew Penny and she was the kind of woman who was always looking to upgrade whatever she had. Both of them had to know that if they went after Dennis even after I divorced him, that it would mean the end of our friendships.

Apparently, they didn't care about that. I thought about it and tried to put myself in their shoes. I imagined myself married to Eric, the guy I'd cheated on Dennis with. If Penny had been married to Dennis and divorced him, I'd probably have gone after him too. I think it would be more definite than probable; especially, if I was tired of Eric. So it made sense; except for the fact that my marriage to Dennis wasn't in trouble. I might not have treated him as well as I could have, but I love him and he loves me.

Maybe I don't always show it, but that's because I've always been kind of spoiled. I started life out as daddy's little princess. Then I was a cheerleader from middle school all the way through college. That meant that I always got whatever I wanted. After college, there was Dennis. He picked up where my daddy had left off. My stupid fling with Eric really had been the biggest mistake of my life. The only thing that had saved me was the fact that Dennis loved me so fucking much. Della and Penny had lied their asses off to save me. And once they put the belief in Dennis' mind that it had been nothing more than a drunken mistake, Dennis didn't divorce me. He'd still wanted to beat the fuck out of Eric and I begged him not to. I didn't do it to save Eric. I don't give a rat's left nut about Eric. I did it because if Eric and Dennis ever got together and Dennis found out that I'd been with Eric more than once, he'd realize that he'd been lied to and divorce my ass all over again.

But the feeling that I was getting from my two best friends seemed to be that one of them, or possibly even both of them, might actually confess in order to get my husband. I'd kill either one of or both of those bitches if I had to.

I checked my watch again. There was no way that it took forty five minutes to drive home from the fucking golf course. Dennis was probably pissed that I'd interrupted his game to come and drive my mother home. Dennis and my mom didn't get along. He tried really hard to please her, but my mom kind of thought she was the queen of some undisclosed country that only she lived in. She tended to treat everyone as if they were a servant.

Finally, Dennis came in. He smiled at and politely spoke to most of the ladies as he crossed the room. I'm a pretty sensitive person and I noticed that there was something different about my husband. I couldn't put my finger on it, but something was off.

Even as he came over to me, his walk was off. As he looked into my eyes, I realized for the first time since I'd cheated on him that I really could lose him. And it didn't have to be because I cheated on him again. It had taken Dennis over three hours that morning to clean the pool, trim the hedges, cut the grass and generally clean up the yard and the garden and the pool area. After he'd done it, I dismissed him like he was a fucking servant, when he was the one who'd bought the house and paid all of the bills.

The look in his eyes was telling me that not only was he pissed at me, but that I was vulnerable. Maybe that's what Penny and Dell had sensed as well. Shit, maybe I couldn't fit into my old cheerleader's outfit anymore, but who could?

Dennis could, that was who. He could still fit into his football uniform. He'd worn it as his Halloween costume last year. I realized then that I needed to step up my game.

"Honey, can you drive my mom home?" I said. He didn't say a word. He just nodded his head and went over to her.

A few moments later, he'd gathered her belongings and was herding her out to his car. I wondered then how he handled the frustration. He just wanted to get in the car and drive her home and come back. Mom was acting as if she was Queen Elizabeth. She had to work the room one last time and say goodbye to each and every one of her faithful servants who'd attended the party. My mom was out of her fucking mind.

A little while after Mom and Dennis left, I started picking up the dishes and generally cleaning up as the stragglers started to go home. The party had been a big success and we'd made a lot of plans for the reunion. I needed to make sure that Eric didn't get an invitation to the reunion. All I'd need would be for him and Dennis to get together.

On one of my trips to the kitchen, my phone rang. It was my mother and she was talking in a really low voice and she was pissed.

* * * * * *

Dennis

The trip to my mother in law's house had barely begun when she started in on me. As usual, she was giving me a bunch of bullshit about how lucky I was to have Belinda. Also how Belinda was the most beautiful girl in school all the way through school and now she was a beautiful woman. According to her mother, Belinda could have married the fucking Pope and no one would have been surprised.

"You'd better step up your game, buddy," she said. "Or one day, Belinda may divorce your ass and kick you out of her house."

"Actually, it's my house," I said.

"Not in a divorce," she smirked. "The woman always gets the house and the kids."

"That's only in the case of a community property state and a marriage where there are kids," I said.

"And why won't you let me have any grandkids, you selfish bastard?" she snapped. I flicked on my iPhone and turned on the voice recorder app. I didn't respond to the question. But it didn't do me any good. She just repeated it and louder the second time around.

"You heard me Dennis Williams," she spat. "You selfish bastard, I asked you why you won't let me have any God damned grandkids?"

"Actually, it's Belinda who wants to wait a little while longer before having children," I said as politely as I could.

"Her gut has swollen up so much I almost thought she was pregnant already," said her mother. "That's your fault too. You make her eat all of those fatty foods. You're desperate to make her so fucking fat that no one else will want her aren't you? You poor deluded sap. You're afraid of her leaving you for a better man. Well, you'd better get used to it, because she's going to do it sooner or later." Then she started laughing.

"And don't come crying to me when she leaves you," she snickered. "I always thought she was too good for you. Why the hell don't you have a better car? Why don't you get one of those nice German cars like Belinda's?"

"I bought Belinda's car for her," I said.

"Well, you should have bought her a bigger one in a better color," she said. "Belinda's car is really great."

"Is it better than a bigger one in a better color?" I asked.

"Don't you sass me young man," she snapped.

"Belinda picked the color and model of her car herself," I said.

"This car is too damned loud," she said. "All I hear is Vroom Vroom, it sounds like a damned race car. Grow up, I'm embarrassed to be seen in this thing and....Wait you're driving crazy. Why are you pulling over?"

"Get out," I said.

"What are you doing?" she asked.

"Get your old gray ass out of my car," I said calmly. "It's clear that my cheap forty thousand dollar customized Mustang is not good enough for you. So I pulled over right here, where you can get your old ass home, on a two hundred thousand dollar bus."

"Belinda's going to be mad at you, buddy," was the last thing I heard her say as I drove off and left her standing in front of the bus stop.

As I pulled into my driveway, Belinda was just coming out of the house. She was fuming. As she walked towards her car, she stepped wrong and broke the heel off of one of her shoes.

"Dennis, please tell me that this is some kind of joke," she screamed. "Please tell me that you really didn't leave my mother stranded at a bus stop on the other side of town."

I just shrugged my shoulders. "What could an old lady have done that was bad enough for you to leave her stranded?" she hissed.

I pulled out my phone and played the conversation for her. Her eyes got bigger and then she smiled. "Oh Honey," she said. "You were upset because my mother was calling me fat. Well I have picked up a few pounds since college but..."

"It comes after that," I said. She continued to listen. Then her eyes got hard. "I thought she like my Beemer," she said.

"Nope, it comes later than that," I said. "It's the part where she talked about being embarrassed to be seen in my Stang. I couldn't have her embarrassed, so I put her ass out. From now on, I won't be transporting your mother to or from her visits. If she doesn't learn how to behave, she may find herself unwelcome at the house."

Belinda limped off even angrier than she had been. A few minutes later, my phone rang.

"Are you home?" asked Ray.

"Where else would I be?" I asked.

"Danny and I are on our way over. We'll help you get rid of all of the leftovers from the queen's party. We're bringing the beer."

Less than five minutes later, Ray climbed over my back fence. "Are you ready?" I heard from over the fence.

"Yeah," yelled Ray. Then a case of Dos Equis Amber flew over my fence. Ray caught it and barely avoided falling into the pool. Danny climbed over the gate a few seconds later.

Danny accidentally hooked his foot on one of the ornamental trim pieces that topped the fence posts. He fell onto his chest and started cursing a blue streak.

"Shit, Dennis," he said loudly. "You need to do something about that fucking fence. God damn it. I think I scratched my nuts and caved my chest in. I ought to sue you."

I started laughing.

"What's so God damned funny?" he asked.

"Danny, what do you do for a living?" I asked.

"I'm an engineer, just like you dumbass," he sneered.

"Then I think you'll like this," I said. "I've invented something. It's like on Star Trek. It's kind of like the transporter." He looked at me suspiciously.

"No shit?" he asked.

"Well it doesn't exactly take you to other planets," I said. "But it's a way of transporting your atoms from one side of a wall or fence to the other instantaneously, so you won't ever have to climb over it again."

"We'll be millionaires," he said. "No, wait billionaires. What do you call it and where is it?"

"I call it..." I said. And I looked from side to side as if I was making sure that no one was listening to us.

"I call it..." he looked at me and got closer so he could hear me.

"I call it a GATE and your dumb ass just climbed over it," I said. I opened the gate and it swung open easily on well-oiled hinges.

Ray burst out laughing uncontrollably. "A GATE," he screamed, laughing even harder. Danny looked as if he was about to explode.

"I used to like you Dennis," he hissed. "Shut up, Ray, You climbed over the fucking fence too."

A few minutes later we were all sitting in front of the pool drinking. Ray was eating potato salad directly out of a huge bowl with a fork. Danny had an entire cold cut tray on his lap.

"So, what happened with Steff?" asked Danny.

"You mean Stephanie," screamed Ray, imitating her voice and her frosty tone. "That's her fucking name God fucking dammit and that's what you call her, nothing else." We all started laughing.

"That bitch is psychotic," said Danny. "But she's so hot. Why the hell do you get all of the hot women?"

"She really isn't crazy," I said. "She's just gotten used to a lot of guys hitting on her. So she tends to try to alienate them so they leave her alone. Away from you guys who were obviously spazzing over her, she was just as quiet and soft-spoken as she used to be back in college."

"But she doesn't look like she did back in college," said Ray. "If she looked like that back then, I'd have fucked her for sure."

"No you wouldn't have," said Danny. "Women like that go after one guy. I think that as soon as she saw Dennis back then, she was set. When Dennis left school she waited around until she met and married some Dennis clone. That woman wants you Dennis. And she's going to have you, one way or another. Can you say...fatal attraction?"

"Didn't you notice that she doesn't even care that you're married to Belinda? You can tell just from being around her that Stephanie would do anything...ANYTHING to get you. She thought that she'd lost you, so now that she's found you again...It's on. The question is what are we going to do about it?"

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Dennis, you kissed her a couple of times and I saw you looking at her ass. You want her. You want to fuck the freshman. Belinda prevented it from happening way back when. I just think that you should think about something besides yourself for once," he said.

"Okay, now I am confused," I said. "What the hell are you talking about?"

"I think that when you do bone her, you should stipulate that if she wants you, she has to fuck, Ray and me too," he said.

"Great idea," said Ray. "And shit, you're not in any danger. Your wife, Skankzilla, owes you one from when she got drunk and fucked that guy and you took her back. I still don't know why you did."

"There's only one problem with your flawless logic gentlemen," I said softly.

"And what's that?" asked Danny.

"I think that I really like Steff," I said seriously. "I mean like, I think I might love her."

"But you've only seen her once after ten..." began Ray. Danny put his hand over Ray's mouth.

"Are you serious, Dennis?" he said. I nodded. "How serious?" he asked.

"Like forever and ever serious," I said. "I think I have a redhead problem."

"Okay, that means we have to help you divorce Skankzilla then," he said. "I never really did like God damned cheerleaders anyway. They're a bunch of uppity bitches who think their shit doesn't stink. I've never liked the way she treats you...or us," he said. "Let the planning begin."

I started trying to execute "Plan A" right away. "Plan A" involved me giving Belinda some of her shit right back at her. When she came back in about an hour later complaining about how traumatized her mother was, I didn't apologize or try to minimize the situation as she'd normally have expected.

As soon as she came into the room, I turned to her and said, "Quick, get me a beer before it starts." She ran to the kitchen and got me a beer. I drank the whole thing down and looked at her. "Quick, get me another one," I said. "It's going to start soon." She ran back to the kitchen and came back with another beer. I opened it and started drinking it and she spoke to me.

"Dennis, my mother was traumatized," she screamed. "I can't believe you left her at a bus stop in THAT neighborhood."

"Oh shit," I said. "It's started."

She looked at me crazily. "What's started?" she asked.

"You whining about yet another topic that I really don't give a shit about," I said. "Your mother got into the car and constantly berated everything from me, to you, to your car. When she started whining about being embarrassed to be in my car, I thought about her feelings. I didn't want her to be miserable, so I put her out. Sometimes people just need to shut the fuck up."

I got up and left her standing there wondering where her normally mild mannered and agreeable husband had gone and what had happened to bring about the changes in me.

An hour later, when she thought I'd calmed down, she came out on the deck. "You know Dennis, you shouldn't take my mom too seriously. She's just an old lady. You know how people get when they're old. And since my dad died, she really doesn't have very many people to talk to. She's lonely."

"Belinda, they say that WISDOM is supposed to come with age, not stupidity," I said. "And maybe the reason she's lonely is because she doesn't know when to shut up. I know that she's never thought that I was good enough for you. I guess in her mind, I'm supposed to be some kind of butler/pool boy/ bread winner. But we've been married for over ten years. You'd think that would earn me a tiny bit of respect even if she doesn't like me."

She just looked at me then. "I..." she started to say before I started talking again.

"The thing that really pisses me off is that she lied to me," I snapped. She looked over at me. "Back three years ago, when the incident happened..."

I smiled inwardly as her whole body tensed. I knew that bringing that up would put her on guard.

"She and your dad came over here to talk to me," I said. "They tried to convince me to give up my plans for the divorce. She was crying and whining then too. She swore she was going to start treating me better. I guess her promises don't really hold a lot of water. It just makes me wonder what other things around here I can't count on or who else is lying."

StangStar06
StangStar06
5,807 Followers