Ep. 08 I Need You To Stay

Story Info
Daria's return, and the conclusion of Randy's story.
6.7k words
13.8k
4
1
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

[As always, italicized speech preceded with an asterisk denotes subtitles]

A year had gone by since the night Randy and Kiyoko spent with each other. Because both of them still lived at home, they had to plan their sexual escapades around when one of their families was away, or rent the occasional hotel room. Nevertheless, the pair was happy, and their love never faded. Most importantly, Randy and Kiyoko also became best friends. Kiyoko would take Randy out club-hopping with the new friends she made in Massachusetts, while Randy would bring Kiyoko along with his band-mates during their outings. Randy's friends embraced Kiyoko as one of their own, while Kiyoko's friends thought the world of Randy. Occasionally, one of Kiyoko's friends would visit from San Francisco, especially after hearing about the man who stole their "Kiki's" heart, and they adored him one and all. And most importantly to Randy, Kiyoko's family welcomed him. He hated being the cause of family drama, and he was glad that Kiyoko's father and grandparents liked him.

The oddest of events also happened during that past year: Randy's mother began dating Rachel's father. It was an awkward meeting at first, and conversation was strained and often fumbled. But once it was clear that both his ex-wife and his estranged daughter were out of the picture, things between the pair became a lot easier. Joe and Ji-Won found they had quite a bit in common as far as their interests and their outlook on life, and once they found out they could indeed be friends, things progressed fairly rapidly for the two. In Joe, Ji-Won saw a man who was well on his path to personal redemption, and deep inside, she was honored that he chose her to be a part of it. It also felt good for her to have someone who saw her as a woman, rather than as "daughter" or "mother", which was something she hadn't felt in many years. And Joe saw in Ji-Won the type of woman that, deep down, he had always wanted. He loved how intelligent, yet unpretentious and simple, Ji-Won was. And since he was able to free himself from the prejudices he held for so long as a result of his experiences during the war, he saw in Ji-Won a very exotic beauty that thoroughly enchanted him.

Naturally, Joe was met with a fair amount of distrust from the rest of the Cho family, with the exception of Randy. But again, when it was clear that he was repentant and had no desire to share the company of his estranged family, he was slowly welcomed. Of course, both Randy and Mi Na chose not to think too much of this union, for after all, Ji-Won was their mother. Randy would half-teasingly tell the pair to "get a room", and Mi Na was far more blunt when she said, "Eww, heebies".

The biggest surprise came when Mark announced that he was quitting the band to concentrate on becoming an bio-engineer. Their last gig as The Cho-Sin Ones was a bittersweet affair, and, as Mark put it, 'the best send-off a man could ask for'. At Lisa's suggestion, he was replaced by the girls' former bandmate, Dani Lombardo. Mi Na resisted heavily at first, but gave in after she realized that their initial separation was partly her own fault due to her increased hostility and proclivity towards violence. Randy began to realize how Mark must have felt, because he suddenly became the oldest member of the band. However, this didn't bother him, nor did it bother him that he was the only male in the group. In fact, he found it extremely funny, and felt it wasn't too different from the multitude of metal bands like White Zombie, Znowhite, Arch Enemy, Nightwish, Sentinel Beast, or Smashing Pumpkins that had a single female member in a group of men.

It was Randy's suggestion that they readopt the name Snowblood. He always liked the name, and in fact helped Mi Na draw their first logo when they first formed. It took Dani very little time to get her bearings with the rest of the band. Soon, they would have two gigs in one week, and then they'd take a couple weeks off to practice and have fun. After cycling through cover songs, Snowblood eventually started creating original material, and soon put out their self-titled demo. Positive reviews started flooding in, the best one describing it as "the Electric Hellfire Club summoning the ghost of Freddie Mercury and hiring Ann Wilson and Steve Perry to supply vocals." A local zine wrote that "Snowblood's lyrical imagery, especially the contributions from Randy Cho, far outshines Bloody Solstice's juvenile 'blood-and-guts' fare, and as silly as Mi Na Cho's 'The Winged Destroyer' is in describing a Mothra-induced apocalypse, it is tempered with an eloquent and harsh message deriding man's despoilment of the planet." Their live shows garnered even more buzz, with their elaborate, gothic-looking costumes mixed in with macabre imagery, as well as Randy and Mi Na's guitar wizardry. The Arkham Advertiser described it best as "imagine a band with two Michael Angelo Batios, with far better songwriting." Randy would later tell people that Snowblood had become what he always wanted Bloody Solstice to be.

One day, on the way home from band practice, Mi Na was looking for a tissue in the glove compartment of Randy's car when she found a small velvet box. She opened it to see a beautiful white gold ring with a tastefully sized diamond perched in the center. "*Ran-Jong," she said, "is this what I think it is?"

"*Yes, it is," he said.

Mi Na gasped, and nearly wrapped Randy in a big hug when she realized that he was still driving. "Oh, that's so awesome!" she gushed. "When are you gonna ask her?"

"I want to ask her father's permission first. I want to do this right," he said. "After that, I'll ask her when the moment is right."

When the car was stopped at a red light, Mi Na immediately gave Randy a crushing hug. "Good luck, Brother," she whispered. "I think Kiyoko's a wonderful woman."

Randy reverted back to English, saying "Thanks, kiddo." Their moment was interrupted when a car honked behind them. After seeing that the light was green, Randy said, "Oops," and then sped off.

* * * * *

Randy stood at the front door of Kiyoko's house more nervous than he had ever been his entire life. His hands were shaking slightly as he knocked on the front door. He was greeted by a stocky, but rather distinguished older man, Kiyoko's father. "Ahh, Ran-Jong-ga," he said, using the Korean honorific by Randy's name, "this is a surprise. You do know my daughter is not home?"

Randy chuckled nervously and said, "Yes, Nakagawa-san. I'm actually here to see you."

"Oh!" Hiroshi Nakagawa said. "Come on in, come on in."

Randy bowed respectfully and entered the house. In the kitchen, Kiyoko's grandmother Emiko was preparing a meal, while her husband, Ishiro, sat in the living room smoking a pipe and reading a book. "You remember my parents, Ran-Jong?" Hiroshi said.

"Of course," Randy said and greeted each of them with a bow.

Indeed, Randy sometimes would make an excuse to see Kiyoko just to talk with her grandparents about the old customs, as well as to hear her grandfather's stories. The elderly couple only spoke Japanese, and they were beyond impressed that this new young man of Kiyoko's could speak their language so well. "*Have you eaten anything?" Emiko asked.

Randy couldn't even think of food because he was so nervous. However, given his mission, he didn't want to be rude and, truth be told, he was starving. "*I haven't, actually," he said.

"Well, sit down, young man," she said, patting his shoulder.

Soon, Randy was joined by Kiyoko's father and grandfather. "So," Hiroshi said in Japanese, "you said you've come to see me…?"

Randy stood and said, "Yes, I have. I've come to ask for your permission to marry your daughter."

The entire family stopped at once and stared at him, and suddenly, Randy felt like a complete ass. He was about to sit down when Hiroshi stood and clasped both his shoulders. "Oh! This is wonderful," he said, smiling wide, his eyes twinkling. "Of course you can marry Kiyoko. We're just a bit surprised to see a young man in this day and age ask the woman's family for their blessing."

"I was determined to do this the right way, sir," Randy said.

"Have you asked Kiyoko yet?" Ishiro asked.

"I haven't. I wanted to ask you first before I did anything."

Ishiro almost asked him what he'd have done if they had said no, but decided against it. He felt that Randy was nervous enough without some stubborn old fool making things worse. He honestly liked the boy, and was genuinely glad that his granddaughter finally met a good man. He knew Randy could be rather headstrong and a bit of a rebel, but he also knew that the young man respected tradition, thus he wasn't entirely surprised to see the boy asking Hiroshi's permission to marry Kiyoko. He had to laugh when he learned that Randy was born Randall John Eriksen, and that he "Koreanized" his name after his father abandoned his family. "He rebelled against his father by honoring his grandfather," he would say with a chuckle.

"You're a good boy, Ran-Jong," Ishiro said. "I have no doubt that you'd make a fine husband for our little Kiyoko."

"You honor me," Randy said with a deep bow. "Thank you."

Randy sat back down, feeling far more at ease. The rest of the visit went very smoothly. He asked Kiyoko's family to keep this meeting a secret, because he wanted to surprise Kiyoko. Her grandparents chuckled, and Hiroshi clasped the boy's arm. "Of course, my son," he said with a wink. "She won't hear it from any of us."

Randy didn't miss what Hiroshi called him. He could feel his heart swell with pride, and it was all he could do on the way back to his car to keep from jumping up and down and cheering.

* * * * *

Later that night, Randy sat in front of his computer trying to make sense of the school's expense accounts. Although he was very bright as far as math was concerned, he felt like a blundering novice when it came to accounting. However, he knew he had to learn it eventually. He almost called his mother over to help him when his cell phone rang. Assuming it was Kiyoko, he answered it without looking at the caller ID. "Moshi-moshi," he said cheerfully.

All he could hear at the other end was crying and blubbering. He panicked; was something wrong? "Hello?" he said, this time in English.

"Randy?" a small voice squeaked on the other end.

"Kiyoko, are you all right?" he said.

"It's Rachel," the woman nearly screamed, then began bawling. "Don't tell me you've forgotten me."

"Of course I haven't," he said, silently adding 'but don't think I haven't tried.'

He heard what sounded like glass breaking on the other end. "I'm sorry," Rachel said, "I'm a bit drunk."

"I see," Randy said, rolling his eyes.

"I'm so fucking sorry for what I've done, Randy," she said. "I can't believe I've screwed up something so wonderful."

"Apology accepted," Randy said, almost mechanically.

"So you'll come back to me?"

"No," Randy said, "I'm in love with someone."

"Yeah, Kiya…Kiyi…Ki-what's-her-name…she's hot," Rachel slurred, then laughed. "I'd totally fuck her."

"Enough, Rachel," Randy said, becoming angry. "Listen, don't call me anymore. Don't come around to my gigs. Don't come to my house. Do not harass Kiyoko, or our families. If you do, I'll slap a restraining order on your ass so hard it'll come out of your mouth. Good-bye!"

He pressed the 'end call' button on his cell phone and was about to throw it against the wall when it rang again. This time, he looked at the ID and it read "Gojira-chan". "Hey," he said when he answered it.

"Hey sweetie," Kiyoko's voice said from the other end, "what's wrong?"

"Long story," he said with a tired chuckle. "So what's up, baby?"

"It's 80s night at the Underground," Kiyoko said, referring to the new goth club in Arkham, "I was seeing if you wanted to go there. If not, I'm sure we can find something else that's fun." Kiyoko left the last word hanging in the air, and Randy knew immediately what she had in mind.

He had the following day off, and after the phone call he just had, he knew he could really use a drink or three as well as some loud New Wave music. "Actually, I could use some liquor and loud music," he said.

"Well, if you're drinking, then I'm driving," she said. "I'll pick you up in about an hour!"

"Sounds great, babe," he said. "It'll give me time to get ready. See you at nine!"

"Love you!" Kiyoko said, making a 'kiss' sound before hanging up.

Randy quickly decided to wear one of the outfits he'd wear onstage, which consisted of a simple red poets' shirt and black leather pants. He teased up his hair a little, and put some of his goth make-up on. He looked in the mirror and remembered the time he went to Emergence in Providence years ago, as well as his drunken one night stand with Daria. He no longer winced when he thought of that night, and in fact told the entire story to Kiyoko. It felt good for him to cleanse his soul, and the story turned Kiyoko on so much that they had some of the wildest sex they ever had that night.

Randy was applying some cologne when the doorbell rang. He grabbed the box with the ring, stuffed it in his pocket, then ran over to the door, nearly knocking his sister to the floor. "Looks like someone's got a date," she said with a smirk.

"Shut up, twerp," Randy said as he opened the door.

The sight Randy saw suddenly made him feel underdressed. Kiyoko was wearing the 'Godzilla' shirt she wore the night of their first night together, but was wearing a pink 50s-style poodle skirt with black polka dots, pink fishnet stockings, and black combat boots. Most striking was her hair, which was tied in pigtails, and between them was a pair of cat ears. Overall, she looked like an exaggeration of an anime "catgirl". "Yatta," he said, looking her over. "Goddamn."

"You like?" Kiyoko said with a pose.

"Yeah," he said sincerely, "wow!"

After saying 'good-bye' to his family, he stepped into Kiyoko's car. She had gotten it and her driver's license soon after she moved to Massachusetts after realizing that, as efficient as the T is, she's gonna need a car if she intended to get around New England. The pair got to the club quickly, and soon, they were inside the club. Like many goth clubs, the interior was dark and sparsely illuminated. The only bright lights were on the dance floor, which were flashing red, blue, and green. The DJ was spinning an obscure song from Depeche Mode, and sweaty bodies were gyrating to the beat. Randy ordered his favorite drink, a Grateful Dead, while Kiyoko ordered a glass of ginger ale. Together, they leaned against the bar and scanned the crowd. At the opposite end of the room, Randy saw a face he never thought he'd see. She was talking with some of her friends and hadn't noticed anyone come into the club. Her hair was different, for it was platinum blonde, although Randy remembered that she wore wigs to hide her auburn-brown hair. She had gotten heavier, and she had aged a bit, but Randy instantly recognized the face of Daria Fulci.

As if on cue, Daria looked over and met Randy's eyes. She said something to her friends, and then ran over to greet him. "Oh my god, kid!" she said, giving him a bear hug. "There's a face I haven't seen in years!"

"Likewise," Randy said, returning the hug. "You're looking good!"

"Thanks, kid!" she said. "You're looking pretty hot, yourself." Daria turned to Kiyoko and said, "And who's this gorgeous creature?"

"This gorgeous creature would be my girlfriend, Kiyoko," Randy said, his chest puffed out. "Kiyoko, this is my old friend, Daria Fulci."

"Oh wow," Kiyoko said, "Randy's told me about you." She stopped suddenly, then her eyes went wide with recognition. "Wait a minute, I know you!"

"You seem to have me at a disadvantage," Daria said, chuckling.

"I'm 'BBW Kaiju Queen'!" Kiyoko said, her voice a squeak.

This time, Daria's eyes went wide. "Oh my god," Daria said, her Boston accent thick, "that is you!"

"You know each other?" Randy said.

"Yeah," Kiyoko said, "we used to talk on MySpace all the time while I was in Frisco. She always said to let her know if I was in town, but we lost touch about 2 years ago."

Randy looked at Daria and said, "And you never looked for me?"

"This is gonna sound so horrible," Daria said apologetically, "but I forgot your name. I never forgot you, but I'm terrible with names."

"Randy," he said with a laugh, "Randy Cho."

"That's it," she said. "I just didn't wanna call you Ricky or Ralphy or something." She turned to Kiyoko and asked, "So what has your man told you about me?"

"Nothing bad, I assure you," she said.

"I'm surprised you remembered me, Randy," Daria said. "How long has it been? Seven years?"

"Well," Randy said, "I always thought of you, and hoped things were going all right for you."

"You're a sweetheart, Randy," Daria said. "Things have been going okay. Still having fun. Hey guys, listen, we've gotta hang out. We've got some catching up to do!"

"Indeed," Randy and Kiyoko both said in unison.

"What are you two, the fuckin' Mothra twins?" Daria said with a laugh.

Randy and Kiyoko both laughed and said in unison, "Return the egg!"

Daria spit out her drink, then started laughing. "Hold on, I'll be right back," she said.

Daria went over to her friends and then rejoined Randy and Kiyoko. The three talked and danced, until Kiyoko got up and said, "Hey, I'm getting kinda tired of talking over this fucking music. How about we head out? Daria, you can join us if you'd like."

Randy nodded, having had his fill of New Wave for one night, and the three walked out of the club. Randy hadn't counted on meeting Daria, but he was glad to see her, and glad that she was well, thus he had no problem with hanging out with her. He was shocked that she and Kiyoko knew each other, but realized that the world was getting smaller due to the advent of sites like MySpace and Facebook.

The three went to Denny's for several cups of coffee and talked. Daria winced when she heard about what happened with Rachel, and gushed with joy when Randy and Kiyoko told her about how they got together. Daria explained that she was engaged for a while, but broke it off when she found out that the guy she was going to marry made her best friend pregnant. She then decided to have fun being single. "Why can't I find a guy like you?" Daria asked.

"You did," Randy said, "but we lost touch."

"Yeah, we did, didn't we?" Daria admitted. "And now my shot's gone. At least you've found someone sweet and sexy.

"And honey," Daria said to Kiyoko, "don't make the same mistake I made. Keep him."

"Aw come on," Kiyoko said, "you're talking like you'll never find anyone. I mean, you're still hot, don't you agree, Randy?"

'Oh shit,' Randy thought, hearing one of those questions he hoped he'd never hear. He looked at Kiyoko, begging her with his eyes not to make him answer the question. "*Baby," she said in Japanese, "it's okay. I promise. I forgot how guys tend to cringe at that question."

Randy relaxed a little and, trying not to appear too enthusiastic, said, "Yeah, I agree."

"See?" Kiyoko said, turning to Daria. "I'm sure he'd fuck you if I said it was okay."

Randy looked at Kiyoko, his eyes wide with shock. "But would it be okay with you?" Daria asked demurely.

"Only if you fucked me first," Kiyoko said, not missing a beat.

Randy couldn't believe what he was hearing. His mouth moved, but words wouldn't come out. "Would that be okay with you, baby?" Kiyoko asked Randy.

12