Equal Shares Ch. 14

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
steveh11
steveh11
75 Followers

"Well, I doubt you've made love to Elizabeth," Anne replied through a smile. "Thank you for trusting me so much." Anne paused, then she took on a serious expression.

"What do you know of my past?" she asked him.

"Not a lot. You've alluded to a bad time before. You were married?"

"Yes, I've been divorced from the bastard for ten years."

Stan was taken aback by the sudden change in Anne. He reached for her, and was dismayed when she flinched. He almost withdrew his hand, but Anne relaxed a little and he gently caressed her flank, soothing her.

Finally, Anne went on, "I thought what Daniel had for me was love. I know I loved him. I'm not sure what he felt for me, possession perhaps. Whatever. He beat me, hurt me, whenever he felt that I'd looked at someone, or justbeenlooked at by someone.

"I put up with it. I thought it was love! Finally, he broke my wrist. Daniel had always hit me where it wouldn't show. The young doctor was really worried about me when she saw my bruises and made me realize I didn't have to allow anyone to do that to me. I started the divorce proceedings later that week. When my solicitor confronted him with the evidence we could provide to a court, Daniel gave up on contesting it. I haven't actually seen him since that day in the solicitor's office."

Anne paused, taking a breath, long suppressed emotion coming to the surface. Stan stroked her, calming her. Anne's eyes were now unfocussed as she stared into her distant past, confronting her demons.

"That was ten years ago. I haven't been with anyone since. If it hadn't been for my fingers and vibrator I'd have exploded long since." Anne looked at Stan again. "You, my saviour, somehow got through to me. You're a sweet, gentle man and you made me trust you like I've not trusted in all that time. Thank you."

They lay together a while longer, neither feeling like talking, just touching one another, communicating without words. Eventually, Anne's breathing became slow and even. Stan followed her into sleep soon after. They lay there, on their sides facing each other each with an arm over the other, on top of the coverlet, fast asleep.

- - - - - - - - -

steveh11
steveh11
75 Followers
12