Equal Shares Ch. 22

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
steveh11
steveh11
75 Followers

The dance lesson itself went much the same way as in the past weeks. Yves and Belinda demonstrated the steps and then Carol partnered Stan. Later, Belinda herself took him on. Stan was finding it more difficult to settle into the very different rhythm of the Waltz and was glad when they took a break for refreshments.

Anne joined him in the queue for refreshments.

"Tom and Denise seem to be getting on well, don't they?" Anne mentioned to Stan. "They seem to be quite the pair."

Indeed, Denise seemed to be attached at the hip to the younger man, who clearly had enjoyed the attention.

"Yes, they do, don't they?" Stan replied, content that the stormy atmosphere of earlier had mellowed. Indeed, Stan was, himself, very content to be waiting in the queue to get his bottled water with the taller blonde's hand held in his.

As usual, Yves and Belinda mixed up the pairs for the second half of the evening. Stan found himself dancing with Denise, Anne with Tom, an arrangement only Tom seemed really happy with. Denise however proved to be an excellent partner. Nimble footed, she and Stan were moving well together, and Stan found his rhythm. He was able to settle into things, and began to enjoy the Waltz for the first time.

He was also able to pay attention to his partner for the first time, as well. Denise was obviously having fun, lost in the joy of the movement. She remained an enigma to Stan, but he was unable to take time to try to work her out, he still had to concentrate on his movements. Although he was better at it now, it still didn't just 'happen'.

Yves called for a halt, and he and Belinda provided their demonstration dance. Anne moved to Stan, and Denise saw her move, looked and found Tom. She, in turn, glided over to him and pulled him over to stand next to Stan.

Anne reached for Stan's hand as they watched Yves lead Belinda around the floor. Denise, standing between the two men, leaned over and quietly told Stan, "See, I told you they were excellent. So elegant, too!"

Then she leaned back, resting one arm on Tom's.

After the demonstration, Belinda thanked everyone for coming and then walked over to talk to Denise. Anne and Stan waited patiently in the corridor just inside the front door. Eventually Denise emerged with a smile on her face.

"Did you enjoy tonight, Denise?" asked Anne as they walked to Stan's car.

"Yes, yes I did! I only stopped coming because Raoul and I found other things to do, and then when we split I didn't want to see him here anyway. Yves and Belinda are so nice."

They reached the car, and Stan opened the doors for the ladies. As he got in himself, he heard Denise, from the back seat, say, "I even got a date out of it, already!" She giggled. "Tom's asked me out, and I said I'd be delighted. We're going to Tennant's on Friday!

There was a moment's silence. Anne broke it, "Well, isn't that good news! When did he ask you?"

"Just now, sorry, it's why I was a bit late. He stayed behind and asked me out after Belinda had spoken with me."

Stan didn't dare open his mouth. He hoped Denise wasn't going to be hurt, again. But he didn't trust Tom.

- - - - - - - - -

steveh11
steveh11
75 Followers
12