Equal Shares Ch. 37

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
steveh11
steveh11
75 Followers

Over the next couple of days Denise didn't exactly badger Elaine about Susan, but she did ask several times.

Finally on Wednesday afternoon, Denise walked into reception as Elaine was herself about to leave. She turned to say goodnight to Elaine, but paused when she saw her face. Elaine said, "Denny, I've tried but I can't bring Susan around. It's just not going to work, and she's getting annoyed withmefor bringing it up. I wonder if Suse was really ready for a proper three way relationship anyhow, to be honest."

"Regardless, I'm going to stop pressing. I think that, at least for the moment, that's it. You and I can still be friends, and I'll always love you, but we can't be lovers, now. I'm really sorry, Denny."

Denise felt the tears staring to well up, but was able to say, "Oh, God, I'm sorry too, Laney. I really am so sorry!"

Then Elaine was in her arms, giving her a hug. A final hug, and a kiss on the cheek, and she had tears of her own, Denise saw. "I told you, I love you Denny. But you said it yourself, Susan and I are all but married, and Iwill notjeopardize that. Please don't ask me to."

She pulled away, holding onto Denise's hands for a moment, then turned and walked out of the door. Denise wistfully watched as the woman she'd loved for a long time walked out, hips swaying a little as they always did, away from her.

She felt an arm go around her shoulder, glanced up in shock and saw that Stan had come in, with Anne who came to her other side and put an arm around her too.

"I'm sorry, Laney!" she said, quietly. "This is my fault, I should have told everyone what had happened. It's my fault!"

"Shh. It's okay, Denise. It's okay. Let her go, now. We'll look after you, won't we Anne?"

"Of course we will!" she heard Anne say. "Come on, let's get you home. Do you want me to take you, or Stan perhaps? You can leave your car here, if you want?"

"N-no. No, thanks. I can drive myself home. But Stan, I got my 'all-clear' today." She suddenly turned a little shy, and couldn't really see why. "Um – Can I come over, tonight, please?"

Anne smiled, and Stan looked embarrassed, but Anne said, "Of course you can. Stan will look after you, tonight! Won't you, Stan!"

- - - - - - - - - -

steveh11
steveh11
75 Followers
12