Erika

Story Info
Anatomy of an Affair.
10.5k words
2.93
84.4k
18
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
ukresearcher
ukresearcher
1,440 Followers

I thankfully pulled up in front of my house after a wasted three hour drive back from Scotland, the same house that I had departed from that morning. Everything seemed exactly the same and yet, even though the earth hadn't switched polarity and there had been no other global calamity, my life had inexorably changed. The previous evening, my lovely wife Erika and I had skipped TV to spend the whole evening happily discussing our long planned holiday in Antigua, now less than a fortnight away and that morning she had sent me off with a prolonged and very loving kiss, but as I operated the remote control, the rising garage door revealed another car parked in the place where mine ought to be. It was the same make and year as my own BMW but a radically different colour.

I was not yet really suspicious but definitely on my guard until, on quietly entering the house, my ears were assailed by loud playing music, music of a type that neither Erika nor I particularly cared for. Now concerned, I moved cautiously forward and pushed open the living room door but was quite unprepared for the sight which met my eyes. A strange shirtless man was reclining, eyes confidently, closed, in my armchair, with my wife on his knee, sprawled across him with her face buried against the side of his neck. At first sight she seemed fully dressed in blouse and skirt and that seemed slightly reassuring but as she changed position it became obvious that he had his hand between her thighs with his fingers deeply embedded in her cunt. They were still unaware of my presence and I had time to observe that her blouse was actually unbuttoned and that her bra had been pushed above her tits.

I've read stories of husbands in a similar invidious position. Some crept away quietly and kept their knowledge secret but others, although also making a quick exit, confronted their errant wives later. A third category chose to stand and watch, actually gaining arousal from the scene while some husbands with a different temperament rushed forward angrily, voicing expletives and shouting words that included 'divorce'. I was actually frozen, unable to quite believe the scene before my eyes and in that moment of indecision all my options except the last were snatched away. I don't think that I made any sound so they probably both instinctively and simultaneously became aware of my presence, because I suddenly found myself the focus of two pairs of startled and rather shocked eyes.

For the last three years, as part of a select six person administrative committee, I've spent one weekend every month at a meeting in Edinburgh, driving up there first thing on the Friday morning and getting home early evening the following Monday. I can mention nothing about the topics we discussed at this meeting, except to say that this had nothing to do with my real career but I had official leave of absence to attend. It may seem that giving up almost one in every four weekends is too much of a sacrifice were it not that the generous remuneration from these weekends provided the extra income which made our well above average standard of life possible. On my arrival in Edinburgh earlier in the day, I had been met with the dire news that one of our number had perished in a car accident on his way there. The result was that after dining and milling about indecisively for most part of the afternoon, we decided to scrap the whole meeting as a mark of respect to our dead colleague. I was still so stunned that the thought of informing my wife of my early return never even entered my mind.

'Mouth watering' was the expression that I used when once asked my opinion of Erika; this back when the possibility of ending up married to her seemed an impossible dream. To my mind she is perfection in both figure and face and her inner character is the same, with a generosity of spirit being foremost among her many attributes. At 5' 6" she is slim with nicely rounded breasts and pert behind, with an exceptionally narrow waist which nicely accentuates those assets. I also need to say that she has the kind of legs that stiletto heels were designed for. Without making her sound unintelligent, (because she is actually rather clever in her sphere), she does have a certain simplicity of thought which at times I have found very endearing. I do however regard myself as the thinking half of the marriage.

We 'met' in the rest room of a further education college, although at that time I had been admiring her from afar for almost a whole term. Then I had the good fortune to be able to help her with a project and asked for a date on the strength of that. We've now been together for ten years, (married for eight). She was just twenty two at that time while I was approaching my quarter century. We have no children by choice as yet but did eventually want a family, so were not unaware that the biological clock was now ticking. Rows are a constant factor of life for a great many marriages but I can honestly say that there were not even seriously raised voices between us during all the time since we met. I loved her with all my heart, was totally contented and I always believed that she felt exactly the same about me.

Erika immediately jumped to her feet, the natural look of shock on her face at my sudden appearance quickly replaced by one of determination. Taking two quick steps to stand between me and her lover, she said, "I'm sorry," but then, lest her apology should seem too open ended, she qualified with the words, "I'm so terribly sorry that you should find out like this. I never wanted to hurt you."

The guy had also quickly risen to his feet. He was white, looked possibly a few years older than me and had recognisably Scottish features. Apart from his missing shirt he was still fully dressed but I suspect that his fly was probably unzipped. His face didn't show the panic that I would have felt if caught in such a compromising situation but he certainly looked very uncomfortable. He had no fear of violence from me, quite apart from my pacifist nature. At around 6' 2" tall he was at least four inches taller then me, more heavily built and showing evidence of the same hours spent in the gym which were top of my list of unfulfilled intentions. It was very evident that he didn't know what to do but Erika solved his dilemma by hissing over her shoulder, "Dave, you go upstairs and wait."

Immediately and without question, he almost gratefully did as she said. I still hadn't spoken but you mustn't get the impression that I was just standing there nonplussed because in actual time very few seconds had passed. People talk about moments when time seems to pass in slow motion and this was certainly one of those. "How long has this been going on?" I asked calmly.

"Six months, at least this was going to be the sixth time if you hadn't come home," my wife told me truthfully.

"Why is whatever-his-name-is still in the house, I know that if I were in his position I'd want to be out of here?"

"He's called Dave and he's got nowhere else to go, he lives in Glasgow but was expecting to spend the night with me," my wife said simply. "Tomorrow night as well."

It may seem that I was unrealistically calm but I think that I was numb more than anything, "Why?" I asked, "I thought we were happy together."

"We are happy; this has nothing to do with that."

"Then what has it got to do with?"

Erika shook her head helplessly, "I can't tell you, I wouldn't be able to find the words and I'm afraid that if I did try, I might hurt you more than I have already, quite unnecessarily."

"This morning I had a marriage, tonight that has gone and you expect me not to want to know how that happened," I spat back angrily.

"You still have a marriage if you want it," my wife said quietly but then in a stronger voice continued, "I'll tell you everything that you want to know darling but not right now. When depends on what you want to do now."

"I'm trying to think of a reason why I shouldn't kick your cheating arse into out of the house. Please tell me, what do you think are my options?" I asked coldly.

"Divorce is the obvious answer if you think that what I've done cancels out all the years of happiness we have shared. I wouldn't blame you. I won't fight and I'll accept whatever share of our assets you care to give me. I still love you, you see," she ended with a look of real sincerity on her lovely face.

She stood for a long moment with a tear starting to trickle down her cheek and then continued in a choked voice, "If that's what you want, I suppose that you should find yourself a hotel room in town and leave me here. We can meet up later for me to answer all your questions."

"You said 'options' in the plural?" I said, struggling to stay detached, this was the first time since we met that I hadn't moved forward automatically to comfort my wife when she showed signs of distress."

"You might forgive me. You might think that after all that we've both put into our marriage I am entitled to one mistake, although I admit that my mistake is far worse than a simple one off fling. If we both tried I'm sure that we can be happy again but I don't think we can ever recapture what has been lost," she ended sadly."

"Why is going back so impossible?" My happiness had been so complete that I was unwilling to admit that it was lost forever and my instinct was to hope that, given time, I would be would be able to put it all behind me.

"It will always be there between us, if only in your mind. You won't be able to forget when you can't understand why I've cheated on you, not just the once but lots of times over the past six months. I can tell you everything that Dave and I did together, blow by blow in every nasty detail but I can't tell you why I did it, at least not in terms that I'm willing to use."

"So what do you suggest?" If both alternatives had such a dire prognosis it seemed we had an impossible impasse.

"I think that the only answer is for you to watch me having sex with Dave."

It was preposterous. "You must be joking," I shouted, my initial anger reasserting itself.

"I'm very, very serious," Erika said sincerely, "It's the only way that you might understand why I did what I did, without me trying to explain."

"You're telling me that watching you making love to another man will solve all our problems, "I said, making no attempt to keep the incredulity out of my voice.

"It won't be 'making love', I only make love with you because you're the only man that I love," Erika said fiercely, "What you will see will be Dave fucking me and possibly me sucking his cock."

"I don't see that you can possibly still love me if you have been happily opening your legs for another man," I told her bluntly, "And I've got little inclination to watch you engaged in either activity with the guy upstairs. This morning I left home believing that I had a happy loving marriage and yet now I find myself engaged in this bizarre discussion. I know that I have a decision to make but that will be impossible without knowing how this situation came about. You sit there so calmly telling me my options; don't you feel any guilt at all?"

"I am not calm at all, you have no idea how much I'm trembling inside," Erika said with a choke in her voice. "I'm trembling because I know how important that decision will be. Darling, you must be parched so let me make us a cup of tea and then I will answer your questions as much as I can."

I coldly confirmed that tea would be fine and then watched as my wife jumped up to start the familiar tea making routine, that I must have witnessed a thousand times before but in very different circumstances. In fact everything seemed so normal that for a moment I could almost believe that this was all my imagination, until that illusion was destroyed by the sight of her crumpled panties still lying, where they had been carelessly discarded, on the floor by the chair,. This reality was reinforced by the fact that Erika had set out three mugs on the kitchen top instead of the usual two. It might be expected that my brain would have been working in overdrive but as far as I can recall my mind was singularly devoid of thoughts, almost as if I had gone into a kind of limbo as some sort of protective measure.

After the milk was added, Erika carefully carried two of the mugs and set them down on the dining table, fastidiously placing a table mat under each. Taking the third mug she headed for the stairs, informing me in passing, "I'm taking one up to Dave. I'll tell him that we're talking, I won't be more than a minute."

She was actually away for almost five. In her absence, I switched off the obnoxious rap music then went to the table and sat down in my usual place. Despite the heat of the freshly brewed beverage, I took several quick sips, feeling grateful for the return of moisture to my mouth.

Returning, Erika took a taste from her mug before setting it back on the table. Leaning forward and looking straight in my eyes, she said firmly, "I did feel very guilty about everything right after the first time and I feel terribly guilty at this moment for the unhappiness that I've caused you but, to be perfectly honest, during the months in between while I was cheating behind your back, I didn't feel guilty at all. It was as if I had managed to rationalise the guilt away by convincing myself that if you didn't know it couldn't be harming you and also that I deserved the extra pleasure I was getting. He was only here when you were away so you weren't getting any less sex because of him."

This inevitably brought up other questions but rather than interrupt the flow I decided to keep my questions until later. "How did it all start?" I prompted.

Erika seemed relieved to have escaped immediate interrogation, "It was back in February," she started. "You were up in Scotland over the Valentines Day weekend. I was usually OK with you being away but this time I was lonely because of the occasion. On the Friday evening of the day you drove up to Edinburgh, I was already missing you badly, so when Lisa rang and invited me to go out on the Saturday night with her and her husband I jumped at the chance."

Lisa was my wife's best friend and close work colleague and I didn't particularly like her. She was attractive enough with a nice figure but it was her morals that I held in question as she had confided to Erika that she had enjoyed several either short affairs or one night stands. I know from another source that her husband Jack also played around so they probably had an open marriage. If that is the case then who am I to judge? My main reservation about her was an unsubstantiated suspicion that she was trying to recruit Erika to her more free and easy lifestyle.

"When I knocked on the door it was opened by a tall guy, whose name I found out was Dave. When we were introduced, they said he was Jack's cousin and was staying with them for the weekend. We were going to a Valentine's dance and it was obvious that Dave would be coming too. I was rather unhappy about this development because I would have felt more comfortable as a tag along third rather than part of a foursome. As it was Dave made the evening, at least for me. Because of the occasion there was a lot of old ballroom style dancing. I can do it but I'm not very good and if he hadn't been there I probably wouldn't have had a single dance but as it was I was hardly off the floor. Dave is a brilliant dancer, so good that he was able to correct my mistakes and leave me feeling like Ginger Rodgers. After each dance I was left with a feeling of exhilaration."

"I suppose that's when he started groping you and chatting you up," I interjected bitterly. I had resolved not to speak but the words just burst out of my mouth.

"You're completely wrong," Erika corrected me, "I'll admit that in the slow dances, when he held me close, I could tell that I was affecting him but his hands were always where they should be and he didn't say a single word out of place. He didn't even try to kiss me after the last waltz even though I could tell that he wanted to. I could even tell that hoped I would kiss him instead, I was tempted but instead I thanked him for a wonderful evening. He said that it was he who should be thanking me because it had been a privilege to dance with such a beautiful woman. "

From the look on my wife's face as she remembered that last exchange, I could tell that it was that one simple sentence which had broken through her defences. Up to this point, Erika had related her confession looking straight in my eyes but as she continued her focus had switched to a spot close to my right ear.

"We had all been drinking in between dances but up to this point all four of us were a long way from being inebriated. We'd consumed just enough to feel relaxed and happy. The plan was that the taxi would drop those three and then take me home but when we got to Lisa's house she insisted that I go in for another quick drink. At that point I was reluctant to let go of the evening so it wasn't difficult to persuade me. It was all the alcohol after that which did all the damage."

I knew that my wife reacted differently depending on the type of drink, so I asked what she was drinking.

"At the dance it was only white wine but Lisa had produced an absolutely massive bottle of Russian Vodka. That was really what got everything started because she said, 'Who says size doesn't matter?' everybody laughed and we were soon all busy filling glasses. The room had two large settees set at right angles and across the apex of the opposite corner there was a big plasma TV showing what turned out to be a porn film. Filling most of the space in-between was a big rectangular, glass topped coffee table. At the start nobody was taking any notice of the film because we were all too busy talking and laughing and knocking back shots."

"And getting drunk," I interrupted.

Erika nodded. "I sat down in the middle of a settee and when Dave sat down beside me he quite naturally put his arm around me and I couldn't see any harm in that. There were two girls and three guys on screen, all of them naked, and what they were doing was already making me feel uncomfortable but then Lisa increased the stakes by removing her panties and throwing them in the air. I turned to say something to Dave and he took the opportunity to kiss me. I actually welcomed the distraction because the porn on the screen certainly wasn't soft and when I looked back at Lisa and Jack on the other settee they were almost as bad. At some point the front of my dress had come undone and was gaping open. My bra was still in place and just about covering my nipples but almost all of my tits were on display, I'm not sure how that happened but it didn't matter because I still felt that it wasn't really cheating".

At this point Erika needed to pause for a moment before saying softly, "Dave kept trying to get his hand between my legs and I kept removing it before going back to kissing but every time his hand was back again almost immediately. After four of five times I couldn't be bothered stopping him any more but it wasn't until his fingers were inside my pussy that I realised how very wet I was. When I was a teenager, in the cinema I often let lads get that far but no further, so I still felt in control but then Lisa completely undermined my resolve. Jumping up she came over to say that she and Jack were going to bed and that with two beds and a settee to chose from, we could have fun where ever we wanted. But then, leaning down close to my ear she whispered, 'I've road tested this one myself and believe me, you're in for a real treat'. After she said that I felt almost obliged to let Dave fuck me and he seemed to assume that he'd got the green light because from that point there was no stopping him."

ukresearcher
ukresearcher
1,440 Followers