Everywhere

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
woodmanone
woodmanone
2,293 Followers

The day we left Astoria I had called my parents and told them I was coming home. My mom answered the phone and began to cry when I told her. Dad got on the extension and wanted to know if I needed money or how he could help. Typical Dad. I told them both about Kim and John, although not the whole story. The overage minutes on my cell would have been out of sight if I had. I just explained that Kim and John were friends that needed a little help. Mom said they could stay at the house, that there was plenty of room now that my brothers had moved out The trip took a little over six days. When I pulled my truck into the driveway at my parent's place, the whole clan was there. Kim watched with a smile on her face as I was hugged and greeted by about 20 people. My parents, my brothers and sister, aunts, uncles, and to my surprise 2 new nephews and a niece. The nephews and niece were babies but I had to hug them too.

I introduced Kim and John to the immediate family. For the first time I saw John act a little shy. He was sort of hiding behind his mother's leg. I guess it was all the people and the noise. My dad got down on his knee in front of John and asked him if he would like to see a baby horse. John nodded his head vigorously and that was the last of the shyness. The rest of the family welcomed Kim.

While my parents were showing Kim to her room, I unloaded the Camaro. We got Kim and John moved into the largest of the spare bedrooms. I had an apartment over the garage and took my things to it. My room hadn't changed much and I was glad to be back. It felt comfortable. That night my parents, Kim and I were sitting on the front porch enjoying the cool evening. John had been put to bed, against his wishes. I told all of them the tale of my travels for the last two years. I didn't go into great detail, just where I had been and how I had supported myself. When I got to the part about meeting Kim, I did go into more detail.

"Woody was wonderful," Kim told my parents. "He just took off and helped John and me. I mean we're strangers and he jumped in and saved us."

My dad gave a little chuckle and said, "His reasons wouldn't have anything to do with you being a very pretty girl, would they?" He laughed out loud at the look on my face.

"C'mon Dad, it wasn't like that. I didn't even see her face until I walked around her car," I tried to defend myself.

"You mean you don't think she's pretty?" Dad loves to kid with me. Mom jumped in and told him to quit teasing me.

Kim was laughing at me the whole time. She said, "I know you're just teasing, but I really don't think it makes any difference to Woody. He saw a woman and child that needed help and did so."

She turned to my parents and complimented them, "You both have done a good job raising him, he's a fine man."

I had to stop this before my face got any redder. "Okay, I'm Superman, but then my folks always knew that. Seriously I just did the right thing. Let's drop this."

The ladies finished their tea and decided to call it a night. Kim said good night, Mom kissed me and then my dad and followed her into the house. Dad had waited for the women to leave before asking his next question.

"How are you Woody? Don't give me any bullshit. You told your mother you were fine, so she wouldn't worry. I want to know how you really are. Give it up son."

"I'm doing better Dad. I think I can finally find some peace now. After two years I believe I can accept what happened. I hope so, I need to get on with my life."

I went on to explain to my dad about seeing Jess everywhere. How now I was feeling a little guilty because I didn't think of her as much. Was I being disloyal to her? I didn't want to forget about her, but I couldn't go on running away either.

"You not being disloyal at all. You're coming to grips with you grief and moving on. It's not good to live in the past, son. After a pause he asked me, "So have you told Kim how you feel about her yet?"

The question startled me. "What'da you mean, Dad?"

"Don't teach your dad how to suck eggs, boy. I can tell by the way you look at her, that you are half ass in love with her. You should tell her."

"You're full of it Dad. I'm going to bed, good night," I said as I walked off the porch. My father just laughed at me like it was the funniest thing in the world and went into the house.

The next three weeks was a matter of getting Kim and John settled in. John loved the place. Why not? There were horses, cows, and dogs to play with. How cool for him. Kim seemed to like our place too and looked at ease for the first time.

I got a job as a mechanic at the farm machine dealership. My mom and dad convinced Kim she could find something more lucrative than being a waitress. She said she had no training as anything else, but was willing to learn.

My dad convinced the owner of a local real estate agency that Kim would make a top notch office manager trainee. The agency also offered Kim a nice house to live in. The agency owned the house and because of some legal mumbo jumbo had to keep it for a year before they could put it on the market. Kim was in the right place at the right time. The agency told Kim that if she would house sit and take care of the place she could stay there rent free.

Way to go Dad, good job. Of course the fact that the real estate agency was owned by my sister and her husband was just a fortunate coincidence.

I had gotten used to sitting on the porch with Kim and John after dinner and was at sort of a loss when they moved into the agency's house. The evening porch sitting still went on with my folks, but it didn't seem the same. I realized that I missed Kim and John more than a little.

Kim and John came to my parent's for Sunday dinner almost every week. I wasn't always there due to travel for my boss. Five weeks went by before I was at home on a Sunday. John was really happy to see me. I think Kim was happy to see me too, at least she was smiling at me a lot.

After dinner, mom and dad took John to see the new calf and Kim and I took a walk around the property. We stopped down by the river to watch the sunset. After a few minutes talking, I found myself kissing Kim. I don't know how it happened, one minute we were talking and the next we were kissing.

"Kim, I know I have no right to say this but I'm falling for you. I admire your courage in leaving your home to protect John and yourself. The nights sitting on my parent's porch were some of the best evenings I've had for a long time. I hope you feel something for me too. Maybe we could spend more time together to see where it can go. What do you think, Kim?" I finished my little speech.

"There is no need to spend more time together Woody. No need to see what may come of it." Kim dashed my hopes with that statement.

"Oh, I see," I responded. I let my head hang down, I felt a great loss with her answer.

Kim continued to talk, "There is no need Woody because I already know where this is going. I already know how I feel about you. I have been waiting for you to say something since I moved into the house. What took you so long?"

That night was the start of our "courtship" and Kim, John, and I spent most evenings together. She and I would sit on her porch after John was put to bed and talk. We would talk about our lives and get to know each other better. The romantic or sexual part of the relationship developed slowly. Neither of us were in any hurry.

Kim had to fully get over the death of her husband and I had to finish healing after the loss of Jess. We "dated" for a year and didn't rush ourselves.

I was sitting on Kim's porch one evening, holding John. We had let him stay up with us and he had crawled on to my lap. He had only been there for a few minutes until he fell asleep. Kim went inside to get his bed ready and I was waiting to take him to bed.

Over three years had passed since Jess left me. I was thinking of her and could see her in my heart. Jess seemed to smile at me, blow me a kiss, and wave good bye. Then she was gone. It was like she knew I was happy and could leave me.

Kim called to me, I took the boy into his room and put him to bed. She and I stood looking down at John. I put my arm around Kim and pulled her to me.

"I love you Kim and I love John. I want for us to be a family. Will you marry me?"

She smiled and with tears in her eyes she answered me, "I hoped you felt the same as I do. Been waiting for you to ask me that question. I thought I would have to ask your dad to give you a push forward. Yes, I will marry you."

"I want to adopt John, what do you think about it?" She just nodded yes.

The rest of the evening is private and will remain just between us.

We were married in two months. Dad walked Kim down the aisle and my mom was her matron of honor. My oldest brother was my best man. I had called Jess' parents and let them know I was okay and back home. They came to my wedding too.

That was two years ago. Kim's house cleared the legal problems and we bought it from my sister. We will have to add on at least one more room because John will have a little sister soon.

I still think about Jess now and then. However, I haven't seen her the way I used to since that night on the porch. I have Kim in my heart now and she is all I can see.

Quote: Life goes on.

No matter where you choose to be
In my heart I'll always see you
Everywhere.
(Everywhere by Tim McGraw)

woodmanone
woodmanone
2,293 Followers