Express Lane Ch. 01-02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You can hang your jacket on the coat rack if you want!" I yelled to him.

"Okay, thanks."

I put my thoughts on pause and grabbed two terry-cloth towels, jogging down the steps. He was in the living room, looking at family pictures that lined the walls. One hand was raking through his disheveled, messy hair; the other was holding up the hem of his shirt. My curious eyes focused on his exposed abdomen. He wasn't chiseled from concrete, but the fact that he was even slightly toned surprised me. It worked for him.

"These are really nice. Is that your sister?"

I blinked a few times, changing my focus from his abs to his eyes.

"My sister?" I walked next to him and gave him the towels. He tossed them over his shoulder.

"Yeah," he said, pointing to a dark-framed picture. "Right there." A little girl with a frilly blue dress and matching headband was pictured sitting in a chair with her hands in her lap, grinning from ear to ear. "That's really fucking adorable."

I nodded. "Yep, that's Joanna. I was in the studio the day that picture was taken. Our parents wanted both of us to be in it but Joanna protested. She wanted to be by herself."

He flashed a lop-sided grin, showing off those dimples. "She was a pampered Princess?"

"She's still a pampered princess," I explained. "Never stopped being one."

Noah took one of the towels and patted his hair dry. "At least you know how to handle it. You really got on her ass yesterday in the store."

Oh, lord. I was louder than I thought. "You heard that?"

"Half the store heard it," he laughed. "But if it makes you feel any better, I thought it was justified. Times are too tough and money is too tight to splurge on the likes of Ben & Jerry's."

Wonderful. I embarrassed myself twice yesterday; first at the store, then with James. I really need to learn to close my mouth.

"Well, thank you. Though I can't say it makes me feel a lot better."

He shrugged his shoulders and smiled, looking around. "Where is she? Joanna, I mean."

I curled up on the couch, patting the cushion next to me. "Have a seat. Well... wait." I snatched one of the towels hanging from Noah's shoulder and covered the seat with it. "There. Now you can sit."

"Thaaanks," he said with sarcasm.

"You're very welcome," I said with a wink. "Anyway, she told me she was stopping by the grocery store to pick up an application yesterday. I don't know if she actually followed through."

"Oh," he groaned. "Don't even mention that place. It's my day off." He covered his head and closed his eyes. "All I want to do is relax for a few hours before I pick up Rory." Noah's tone was incensed with irritation and anguish. Instead of keeping questions to myself, I decided to ask.

"Is Rory your little brother?"

"Yeah," he sighed. "My neighbor's watching him for me."

I raised a brow. Joanna was difficult to deal with, but she could look after herself.

"That's why I was in the park. It was cloudy when I got there, but it started raining a little bit after that. I wasn't too eager to go back home, so I just sat there and let the rain beat me upside the head," he joked.

My smile was a sad one. This Rory kid must have been the devil incarnate or something and it was taking its toll on Noah.

"Why didn't you decide to go to a friend's house once it was raining?"

He scoffed. "Two problems with that. One is, I don't like to be around too much of anyone when I'm not in a good mood. The other is that all of my friends live in a different town and have lives of their own. I can't just stop through unannounced even if I wanted to." He pulled out another cigarette and placed it in the corner of his mouth, lighting it as he kept talking.

"Me and Rory have been here for six months but I haven't had enough free time to make any friends. Not sure I want to."

"Why?"

Noah opened his mouth to talk, then stopped. He looked at me quizzically and asked, "Why are you so curious? What, you invite every rain-drenched guy that you find in the park to come back to your house?"

"No!" I laughed. "You're the first."

"Ooh, I've never been anyone's first for anything. Guess I'm special." He took a long drag, then pursed his full lips as he blew it. "If you have a no-smoking rule in your house, I've already bent it. Not to mention there's an astray on the coffee table."

I didn't care; I was fixated on him. His lips, his eyes. They seemed to have gone from dark to light which intrigued me. Maybe he was one of those people who had moody eyes; when their mood changed, the color changed. They were slanted, similar to Josh Hartnett's. I chewed on my lower lip, studying Noah.

He peered at me. "I guess that means you don't mind," he reasoned.

"What? Oh," I said with a sheepish smile. "No, I don't care. I keep that there in case we have visitors that smoke."

He chuckled and scratched his head. "You know Larissa, your attentiveness is a little suspicious. Not too many people would invite a wet stranger in their house. I mean, I've done it plenty of times but they weren't wet from the rain and I didn't meet them in the park."

Any time he smiled, I had two impulses. One was to melt; the other was to lunge and kiss him.

"I guess I have a bleeding heart."

He turned towards me and brushed a few stray strands out of my face. "It's cute. A hot commodity in times of need, too." He stood up to stretch, then sat down again. "So when should I expect your man to walk in or call?"

My face flushed. "There is no man," I giggled. "I have guy friends."

"Fuck buddies," he corrected. "Is that right?"

"Not really. We talk about sexual things when it comes up but we don't fuck. I'm a little conservative when it comes to that sort of thing," I confessed.

"You're a good girl aren't you?" Noah said.

I shrugged. "If that's the way you want to put it, yeah."

"Well, don't worry. Someone will come along and corrupt your pretty ass before you know it." He flicked ashes into the tray, starting intensely at me. His penetrating gaze was getting me flustered and I squirmed.

"Doubtful."

"I'm willing to bet someone will. And when they do, it'll be good and thorough." Noah put out his cigarette and looked away from me. "Oh, you'll still be a sweetheart. Just a sexually liberated sweetheart."

I crossed my legs Indian-style and smirked. "What makes you think I'm not already sexually liberated?"

"You just said you weren't."

"No," I corrected. "I said I was conservative with the whole fuck-buddy thing. It's not my style. When I'm in a relationship, I'm as sexually liberal as they come."

He licked his lips and I swear, I wanted to run and hide.

"Okay. I know where you stand on fuck buddies. How do you feel about kissing a guy you've only known for an hour?"

I don't think I had ever felt butterflies that intense like I did at that moment. Butterflies and a tingling slit that was aching to be touched.

"Don't know," I replied. "Never tried it."

Noah leaned closer to me. Arching both his eyebrows, he was gentle as he cupped my cheek. "Well, I think you should." Though he didn't kiss me, his eyes were daring me to make the first move. I sat motionless; every part of me wanted to give in, but my instincts told me not to. Not because I didn't want him but for some other reason.

I heard keys slide into the front door's lock and the hinges creaking as it opened. Joanna was home.

Noah was quick in moving away from me and looked over his shoulder. I did the same.

"Larissa!" Jo called. "Are you here? Justin and I just came back from the mall."

She walked into sight, carrying a small bag. Justin shuffled behind her, carrying what seemed like four large shopping bags. She looked at me and continued.

"I got some really nice stuff and..." her eyes went from me to Noah.

"Uh, Jo." I stood and Noah followed suit. "This is Noah. Remember? From the --"

"Grocery store," she finished. Her dark brown eyes were scanning his body in such an unapologetic way. "I know."

I nodded. "Noah, this is Joanna."

Noah reached out to shake her hand. "Hey."

"Hi," she said in a cutesy voice.

"Well, I should go. Put your number in there, for safekeeping." Noah flipped his cell phone open and looked at me.

"I'll do it!" Jo took it out of his hand and typed in our number. "There."

"Thanks," he said with a leery smile. "Nice meeting you." He held my hand for a moment and winked at me, then left.

"You too. Don't be a stranger," she called after him. "Justin! What the hell are you doing? Close the door!"

"No, I got it. Don't worry about it," I told him.

Jo had that poor boy wrapped around her finger. He was fighting with the heavy bags but managed to give me a warm smile. "Thank you, Larissa."

"It's nothing," I assured him. I took two of them out of his hands and put them at the bottom of the stairs. "I don't even want to know what's in the bags."

"Clothes," she sneered. "And before you say anything, it was from the money Mom and Dad gave me."

"Better be," I said. "Did you go to the grocery store?"

"No but you obviously did. Justin, I'll see you tomorrow."

I folded my arms and forced a smile with Justin, waving at him. The second he walked out I looked at Jo. "The only place I've gone today was the park. I ran into him there. That's beside the point. You were supposed to go."

"I'll go first thing tomorrow." She sifted through the newly purchased attire and pulled out a yellow spaghetti-strap dress, beaming. "I bought this for you. It's cute isn't it?"

I hated to agree with her but it was really nice. "Yeah, it is. Thanks. So what are you planning to do tonight?"

"Going out with Lawrence."

Ugh. "Where are you two going?"

"I don't know, to the movies I think. He's going to choose since he's paying."

Lawrence was an arrogant little bastard. I was out with Jo when she met him. Not only did he hit on her but he tried to coax me into becoming a member of his 'Team.' Whatever the fuck that meant.

"Well, take your keys with you. I'll probably be sleeping when you come back," I told her.

"Yeah, I got 'em. I have to get ready, though."

I gave a thumbs-up and watched her run up the stairs. It didn't astonish me that guys were all over Joanna; she was a stunning girl. What threw me for a loop was that little Jo was going on dates and I wasn't. I didn't even know what a date felt like anymore, and I doubted that I would go on any in the near future.

**********

A week had passed and my social life was officially flat lining. James had to work overtime this week and Danielle was visiting family in a neighboring state. Oddly enough, I wasn't bothered by their lack of communication with me.

When I wasn't at work or in one of my classes, I'd sit next to the phone in case Noah happened to call. He didn't. Seldom did I go to the store he worked at; only to take Jo to get an application but I didn't see him.

I was biting the plastic antennae of the cordless phone I held in my hand when it rang. I was so eager to answer that my clumsy ass dropped it a few times.

"Hello?" I said in an enthused tone.

"Hey, Rissy."

"Oh." There went my enthusiasm. "Hi, Mama."

"How are my babies?"

"We're fine. Jo's at school, you know that. I have a day off and already went to class." Complaints about my Mom were at a minimum; when we first moved in she called twice a day. Now it was once a week. I could live with that.

"So what are you doing with your day off?"

"Oh," I chuckled. "You know, just sitting around. I um... I think I'm going to take a nap. It was nice talking to you, Ma."

"Alright. I love you."

"Love you too. Bye." I slumped against the chair I was in. Damn, I really need to make new friends.

The high-pitched chirp of the ringer made me jump. It was probably Mama again, reminding me to tell Jo that she loved her, too.

I answered. "Yes Mama, I'll tell Jo that you love her."

"Well, that's nice to know but I'm not your Mom. Though I can be your Daddy if you want me to. Just say the word."

It was Noah. "No thanks," I replied. "I already have a Daddy."

"I hate when girls say that. You have a Father, sure. Not a Daddy."

"What's the damn difference between one and the other?" I laughed.

"Ah, that's the kicker. I can't tell you what the difference is. I'd have to show you." Silence hung in the air for a while until I decided to respond.

"I think we should save that debate for another time. How you been?"

"Shitty," he yawned. "I had to change shifts and duties because they're giving the ones I had before to some new employee. He or she hasn't come in yet."

"Oh, that's too bad."

"Actually it's pretty easy. Less demanding. I'll be working as a cashier in the express lane. You know, ten items or less?"

I giggled. "Yeah, I know."

"Anyway, I called to ask for a favor since you're Mother Teresa and shit. Mind watching Rory?"

What's the harm in watching a teenager? "Sure, no problem. Do you have to work late or something?"

"No, I have a date tonight."

A date. He wanted me to watch his little brother so he could go on a date. I felt like a fucking fool, but the joke was on me. I never asked if he had a girlfriend or fuck-buddies and a flirtatious man like Noah really wouldn't offer up that kind of incriminating information.

"Sure," I sighed. "Why not?" I'd hand Rory the remote, order a pizza and let him go nuts. Meanwhile, I'd be upstairs listening to Toni Braxton on my iPod while eating Ben and Jerry's. Fun all the way around.

"Cool. I should be there in a half hour or so. See you soon."

"Bye." I put on my headphones and heaved a sigh. Note to self: Stay single and no entertaining thoughts of having a relationship with anyone until graduation.

Fifteen minutes later, I heard the doorbell ring. I smoothed the wrinkled shirt I was wearing and tightened the band on my shorts by tying them. There was no reason to run upstairs and change; there was no one to impress. I unlocked and opened the door. Noah stood on the other side, clean shaven and suave. I noticed a silver ring in the middle of his lip that hadn't been there before. His straight brown hair had been combed but still had that bed head look guys went for. He looked happy. He looked gorgeous.

I felt miserable.

"Hey Larissa. I should be back to pick Rory up in a few hours."

I looked around, confused. "Where is he?"

"Right... hey, Rory! No! No picking at the flowers." He disappeared from my line of sight and reappeared, holding a little boy. He had to have been no older than three.

"I... I thought Rory..." I started, then stopped. Yet another thing I hadn't asked directly; I just assumed that Rory was around or slightly younger than Joanna.

"Was older?" He shook his head. "I told you he's been fussy and cranky. Those are words usually used to describe babies or toddlers."

I nodded and looked down at him. His hair was darker than Noah's but shared the same beautiful gray eyes and dimples. His chubby cheeks were so adorable that I fought the urge to pinch them.

"He's beautiful. How old is he?"

"Two. Say hi, Rory."

"Hi!" He smiled, showing me his teeth. "For you," he said, handing me the flower he picked from out front.

"Oh, thank you!" I picked him up and lightly tickled his chin. He squealed and giggled. "Teaching him to woo the ladies at an early age, are you?"

"He's learning from the best." He looked down at his watch and rubbed his hands together. "I'm running late. Try not to miss me too much."

"I'm sure he won't. He's going to have a good time with me, aren't you?" Rory nodded. "See?"

"I wasn't talking to Rory," he said in a playful tone. "See you both later. Be good, Rory."

I wasn't expecting Rory to be this young but it did explain a lot, especially why he needed to be watched and why Noah was so tired all the time. He had to run after a toddler daily and work full time. Suddenly, I didn't feel so bad about baby-sitting little Rory.

But I was still pissed about Noah. Nothing would change that.

**********

After a few hours of watching Cartoon Network, Rory was sleeping peacefully on my bed. He wasn't your average kid; sure he was rambunctious and full of energy but he was also mindful of others. I don't know how many times he asked me if I 'wanted to watch something else.'

I crept downstairs and nestled into my favorite chair, looking for something to watch. The only thing that appeared to be semi-interesting was a movie I had never heard of. Ten minutes in, the phone rang. This was the most activity it'd seen all week.

"Hello?"

"Hey baby." James and I had been open with each other after that night he 'put me to bed.' We even took pleasure in playing with each other over the phone a few times. Phone sex was safe which is what I wanted, but he wanted the real deal. Which wouldn't come without a commitment from him.

Which he was all too eager to give.

"James, I can't really talk. I'm baby-sitting."

"Oh. Whose child?"

"A friend of mine's little brother."

"Do you mind if I come over? Nothing big. Just to watch television or something."

TV, my ass. "Alright. Only because he's sleeping."

"Be there in a few minutes." Click! He didn't even say bye.

I hung up and shook my head. TV? He could have just told me he wanted to fuck my brains out and I would have accepted that over 'just to watch television or something.'

He was true to his word. Within five minutes, I heard a rapid knock at the door. I was headed towards it, then realized that I was about to have sex for the first time in months but wasn't dressed for the occasion. I told him to hold on, then ran upstairs. The thin-strapped yellow dress that Jo bought me fit perfectly and accentuated every sexy curve I had. My hair was wavy as always and instead of pulling it back into a ponytail, I decided to leave it loose and flowing.

I got to the door and had about all of two seconds to look at James before he pinned me against the wall, pressing his lips against mine with fervor. His shaggy jet black locks framed his face, which had light stubble. Usually he was clean shaven but I guess he was too motivated to get to me instead.

"Mmm..." I moaned and put my palms against his chest, which he promptly pulled off and slammed my arms against the wall by my wrists. He kneeled on the floor in front of me. I could feel his teeth clench the material of my panties and tug at them.

"James." Once my cotton panties were around my ankles, he made me step out of them and tossed them to the side. His head went under my dress and I could feel his tongue flutter against my clit.

"Fuck!" I tried to lift up my arms but his hold was much too strong. I needed to muffle my cries of pleasure; I didn't want to wake Rory. "James, let me cover my mouth. Please."

"No," he croaked. The pointed tip of his tongue ran around my button in circles and moved away to probe my lips.

I had to bite my lower lip so hard I thought I'd bite it off. Looking down at him on one knee was so damn sensual I could scream. Could but wouldn't.

He stood up and only let my wrists go to lift my dress up. I was wearing a strapless bra that he unhooked right away. It fell to the floor and he kicked it in the corner, along with my panties. His dark eyes were glazed over with lust as he eyed my fleshy globes. They were perky, perfect handfuls and my nipples were like little chocolate buds, just waiting to be sucked on. He did just that; pushing them together, he slid his tongue from the left nipple to the right without stopping. He left a wet trail that made me shiver as a breeze blew through the foyer we were standing in.

"Uh, Larissa," he purred. His dick was pulsating through his pants against my smooth, uncovered pussy.

"Fuck me James," I whined. "Right now!"

He unzipped his pants and let them fall to his feet. His tanned skin rubbed against my own golden brown skin and he grabbed my thighs. My legs enclosed around his torso and with one deep thrust, he entered me.