Fading Away Ch. 02

Story Info
Some questions answered...
3.4k words
4.54
10.8k
15

Part 2 of the 2 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 06/20/2011
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

**Due to so much positive feedback, I had to continue!! I hope to all the people who criticized my rushed opening, that things are a little cleared up in this chapter. There's no sex in this one, but I am slowly but surely getting there! It will be worth it! Happy reading! ~Secret_Red**

*

Eric stared at the young woman before him. He had heard so much about her strong will, her intelligence, her love of all things, her beauty, and most of all about her fear of vampires. He glanced over at Robert, her father, and saw the fatherly concern etched into his face. Reading his friend's thoughts, he realized they echoed his own, "When the trance wears off, will she be able to handle the truth?"

"When we arrive at the compound, please place Miss Michaels in the Violet Suite. And please have Stephen go to her and speak with her about everything that happened tonight," Eric said to one of the guards. "Robert, I know you were just reunited with Ashlynn; but I would like to speak with you privately in my office," he said to the grim faced Robert.

Arriving before a wrought iron gate, Ashlynn finally looked up and at her surroundings. She watched as the SUV climbed a long and winding driveway to stop before one of the largest homes she had ever seen. A young man, named John, grasped her arm upon exiting the SUV and escorted her through the huge wooden front doors. Without stopping to allow Ashlynn to look around she was taken up the winding staircase and into a very purple room. "I will have someone bring you up some clean clothing, and something warm to eat and drink. Perhaps there is something in particular you would like, Miss Michaels," John asked.

"I don't want to be any trouble, but that does sound nice. I would like a cup of hot tea if possible. When can I see my father again so that I can talk to him? I have so many things to find out," said Ashlynn.

"Let me go speak with the housekeeper and I will ask Lord Eric about the other," John said upon exiting her room.

Ashlynn walked to the window and surveyed all that was going on below. She saw people running around everywhere, doing their various jobs. She wondered what she would have to do here, or if they would allow her to go home. "Do I really want to go home? Daddy is here," she wondered aloud.

"If my father was here, I wouldn't want to go home," a feminine voice said.

Ashlynn whirled away from the window to see a young woman dressed in a black skirt and top with a white apron. She was tall and willowy, blonde and blue eyed. The type of woman that Ashlynn had always wished she could be. "I-I-I didn't r-r-r-ealize anyone c-c-came in m-m-my r-r-room," Ashlynn stammered.

"I knocked, I think you were a little lost in your thoughts. My name's Kelly. I'm one of the maids here, and I am assigned to make sure your every whim is granted. Right now, I am going to run you a bath so you can meet with Stephen afterwards," Kelly said on her way into the bathroom, "Oh yeah, there's a pot of tea and a light meal on the table over there."

Ashlynn heard the water start and walked over to the table bearing a silver tray. It held a pot of tea, an eggshell thin tea cup, and a plate of food. Ashlynn ignored the food and poured herself a cup of tea, adding a teaspoon of sugar, and a squeeze of lemon. She slowly sipped the fragrant brew, while Kelly readied her bath. "It's ready when you are! I brought you some clothing. Everything should fit. I was unsure as to your bra size, but I think I guessed good enough," Kelly said, "If you need anything else, just pick up the phone and dial 0, ask for Kelly, and I will come running!" She exited the room, leaving Ashlynn alone with her thoughts.

Ashlynn walked over to the steaming bathroom, and inhaled. "Roses! Daddy remembered I love roses," she breathed.

The bath looked so warm and inviting, Ashlynn quickly began taking off her remaining clothing, including the leather jacket that someone had placed on her shoulders. She ignored the mirrors that surrounded the tub, and almost jumped into the steaming water. If she had bothered to look at her voluptuous reflection, she would have seen bruises shaped like handprints on both hips, thighs, and red scratches all over her breasts and stomach.

Ashlynn sighed as she sank down in the large porcelain bath tub. She inhaled deeply, and let the fragrance of roses take her back to her childhood at her grandmothers. She saw clearly the day when she was only seven years old and in her Grandmama's garden...

"Child, you must watch out for things at night. I don't wish to scare you, but I can sense that they are close to us. They have always been here and the rate it is going, they will discover you before long. They will always be walking in the shadows," Grandmama whispered to the freckle-faced little girl before her.

"Who Grandmama? Are you talking about that book of grandpapa's? You know he told me that they weren't real when he found out I read his book," Ashlynn stated.

"My dear sweet Ashlynn, your grandpapa didn't want you to be scared. They are real my dear," Grandmama said, "They have walked this earth for centuries. They were here before Christ walked the Earth. Your Grandpapa has studied them, and in some instances wished to be one of them. He married me, because they were attracted to me. Before you ask, I have no idea why. Since you and I look a lot alike, I want you to just be careful at night Ashlynn. Promise me that you will always be careful, Ashlynn!"

"I promise Grandmama! I promise," the little girl cried as she ran into her grandmother's arms. "Your daddy should be here soon, little one," she said, "Don't tell him that I spoke to you of these things."

Ashlynn did however, for that night she couldn't sleep for fear of vampires stealing into her room to get her. Robert, upon finding out the reason that Ashlynn was so scared, called his mother to ask her why she had to keep up with the nonsense about vampires. He had feared them since he was seven years old too. He had not wanted his child to go through the same thing he did because of his mother's dreams.

Ashlynn closed her eyes and let her mind drift forward three years. Once again she was at her grand mama's, only this time for much different reasons. The little girl's long auburn hair was braided in a long braid down her back; wisps of curls escaping the confines of the braid curled around her face. The little girl's skin looked so pale against her black dress, as she stood beside her mother's chair. Her mother looked beautiful in black. Her makeup done perfectly, and her hair neat and in place, her black dress hugging her body in a way that was almost indecent for someone that had just been widowed.

"Ashlynn, please stop slouching! I thought I told you to spray hair spray on your hair! My goodness don't you do anything right? Your father just died and you look like something the cat drug in, but then you are the reason he's dead," Sandra exclaimed.

"Sorry, Mommy. I will try and do better," Ashlynn said.

"I'm sure you will," Sandra snapped at her daughter as she got up and walked in the house.

Ashlynn wandered into her Grandmama's garden and inhaled the scent of late roses. Roses would always be her favorite scent. They would forever bring her back to this innocence of her childhood before cruel life dealt its hand. She found her way back to the spot where the memorial pictures of her father stood and didn't feel the tears that began to slip down her cheeks as she looked at her handsome father.

"Daddy, I'm so sorry I got mad at you. I didn't know that you would die that day. I didn't know the shed would catch on fire and that you would think I was hiding inside. I'm so sorry Daddy. I-I-I l-l-love you D-d-daddy. I should have told you Daddy, I should have told you Daddy," Ashlynn sobbed.

Ashlynn's grandmother comforted her the best she could. It was hard to comfort someone who felt they were the cause of their father's death. She had been there the night her son had died, she had seen Ashlynn get mad at her father over some small trivial thing and watched as the little girl had ran into the shed to hide. She had seen the fear cross her son's face at the sight of his daughter running into the shadows. Minutes later everyone smelled smoke and Robert had run into the shed not knowing the little girl had went inside the house to her bedroom. The shed had collapsed and the remains of her son's body had been so badly charred that he had been completely unrecognizable; so unrecognizable that the police took for granted that it was her son's body.

"My dear, sweet Ashlynn. Your daddy knows you love him and he knows you are sorry. You didn't kill your Daddy. It was an accident, baby, an accident," Grandmama said.

Ashlynn felt eyes upon her and looked up to see the smiling face of the maid, Kelly. "Sweetie, you've been in the tub for about an hour. I know that water has got to be cold," Kelly said, "Why don't I get you out and let's dry those tears off your pretty face."

Ashlynn slowly stood, the water glistening on her body, embarrassed to have someone else see her naked. Kelly thought to herself, "Now that's a body! Look at those breasts, those hips, and those legs! If I looked like that, I could have Lord Eric himself!"

Kelly wrapped a lavender bath sheet around Ashlynn and motioned for her to sit down at the vanity so that she could brush her hair. Kelly ran a comb through the damp locks of hair and watched in silence as tears continued to streak down Ashlynn's face. Before she could stop herself, she wrapped her arms around the younger woman. "It's ok, sweetie. It's going to be ok," she said as the dam within Ashlynn broke.

Ashlynn awoke a few hours later and stretched upon the large bed. She groaned at the stiffness that seemed to be in every muscle in her body. She rose from the bed to look at herself in the vanity mirror. Her green eyes took in the shadows beneath and the rumpled curly hair that framed her pale face. She took in the too big blue shirt and gym shorts that Kelly had helped her put on so that she could sleep. She never noticed the man sitting in the chair watching her every move.

Eric watched as Ashlynn surveyed herself in the mirror and took in her red rimmed eyes. Her hair was in beautiful disarray, and he wondered if the glossy auburn curls felt as silky as they looked. His hands twitched as he watched her run a hand down from her hair to her chest. He could almost feel the supple flesh beneath the thin cotton shirt she was wearing as if his hands had become hers. He slowly moved his eyes down and winced at the sight of a massive purple bruise on her left thigh.

"I've brought you some medicine for the stiffness and bruising," a masculine voice behind her said.

Ashlynn whirled around, heart pounding, and said, "When did you come in here? How long have you been watching me?"

"Only a few minutes little one. I came in just as you began to wake up," Eric replied, "Are you ready to speak with Stephen? The sooner you do so, the sooner you can relax."

"I guess so, who is Stephen? And why do you call me little one," she asked.

"He is a psychologist, I guess you could say. He will look into your mind to see what happened at the cemetery, and he will feel what you were feeling at the time," Eric said, "He will bring you peace about the loss of your friends. As to why I call you little one, it's because you are so much smaller than I."

"When do I get to see my daddy," Ashlynn asked, "I need to find out why he's here."

Eric could feel her unease and nervousness. He knew she was full of questions. "As soon as you and Stephen are done talking, you father will be sent to you to answer all your questions, Ashlynn," said Eric.

He rose to leave the room and felt her eyes upon him, he chuckled while leaving for he had heard her thoughts clearly. "So she thinks my attitude is as hard as the abs she is sure I have. My, my she is a spitfire like her grandmamma," he thought.

Stephen, standing outside the door, looked at Eric questioningly. "Go on in, I will explain later," Eric said, "Call me as soon as you're done."

Stephen walked into the room and studied the young woman from a distance. She was trembling and looked so lost. He had looked in on her while she had slept and knew that this was not going to be easy. "My name is Stephen, and yours is Ashlynn correct? I want to talk to you if that's ok," he said.

Ashlynn nodded and sat down in the chair that Eric had been in. She expected to find the cloth cool to the touch and was surprised to find it very warm. "We are not as cold blooded as people think Ashlynn," Stephen said. Seeing the look of surprise on her face at his answer to her thoughts, he chuckled, "Yes, I can read your thoughts Ashlynn. And only because I am linked to your father. I was the one who turned him. We will speak of that later though."

Ashlynn watched as Stephen sat down in front of her and crossed his legs. "He's very handsome, his golden blonde hair and grey eyes must turn a lot of heads. He's very muscular and must be just over six feet, but he comes no where near Eric's height or build," she thought.

"Ashlynn? Are you ready," he questioned.

"Yes, sorry. What do you want to know," Ashlynn replied.

"Well first, can you tell me what you were doing in a cemetery with cameras? That's what is confusing us the most," he said.

Ashlynn replied, "We were doing a project for our Mythology and Folklore class. Ben and Kyle had chosen to do our report on vampires, so I guess you could say we were there to capture a vampire on film."

"I see, can you tell me why you were so quiet as you watched your friends die? I know it might hurt, but Ashlynn, I would really like to know," Stephen asked. He knew the answer, but he had to know if the trance was wearing off.

"I was trying to wake up from a bad dream. I kept wishing it would all be over so I would wake up! I've dreamt so many times about it happening, that I thought it was my dream," Ashlynn said, "I didn't want my friends to die, I just wanted to wake up!"

"When did you realize it was not a dream," Stephen asked. He would have to figure out why she had been having this dream before, but he would do that later.

"When Eric threw Seth off of me, I realized this time it was different. I looked at my friends' dead bodies and I wanted to scream, I wanted to cry, but for some reason I couldn't. Why couldn't I cry for my best friends," she cried. "Ashlynn, it's because you are in shock. It is very hard to believe that someone you love was killed right in front of you. It's why you didn't go into hysterics when you saw that your father was alive," Stephen said. Then he thought the truth might be easier to understand, "When your father sensed that you were in trouble, I made your body go into a dreamlike state. I made you feel as though you couldn't wake up, and for that I am sorry. It was the only way we could protect you though," Stephen said, "The reason you are feeling so much right now is because the magic is wearing off. I am truly sorry about the loss of your friends. The clean up crew made it appear that they were in a bad car accident."

Ashlynn jumped up from her seat and slapped the vampire in front of her. "How dare you! How dare you protect me and leave my friends to die! I loved them and now they are dead, they suffered because of me," Ashlynn screamed.

She drew back her hand to slap Stephen again when her hand was grabbed from behind. She was yanked around into a hard muscular body and forced to look up into a pair of blue eyes turning stormy with rage. "Your friends died because they were foolish enough to enter a cemetery at night. They were killed by ruthless killers and you would have been too, if the man you just slapped had not protected you," Eric spat.

Ashlynn stared into Eric's eyes and screamed, "Yeah, thanks! Thanks so much for saving me. I have so much to live for, now that my friends are gone, I find out the man I thought was my dad is now a cold blooded freak, and I am trapped in a coven of vampires!"

She raised her other hand to slap Eric's face. Her hand had barely made contact when his mouth crashed down on hers. He felt her resistance and it excited him. He molded her soft body into his and deepened the kiss. Only when he felt the sweet taste of her blood in his mouth and the saltiness of her tears did he think to raise his head. He saw the defeat in her eyes and cradled her to him, gently. He felt horrible for forcing her. She had almost been raped 24 hours ago, and here he was about to do it again.

He looked up at his friend Stephen and nodded. Stephen waved his hand over the tear stained face and Ashlynn fell into a deep and dreamless slumber. "Heck of a fighter isn't she," Stephen asked.

Eric nodded as he carried the sleeping beauty to her bed. He gently put her down, and brushed the hair off of her face. His hand slid from her face, down the curve of her neck, and to her full left breast. He felt its peak of desire under his palm and mentally shook himself so that he would pull away.

"I want this room guarded. No one is to allow her to leave. Her father needs to talk to her, and he will make his decision about her staying or going," Eric told Stephen.

"Are you sure about that old friend? I think you are the one who will be making that decision," Stephen replied.

Eric growled as he walked out the room. He stalked down the hall to his room and slammed the door shut. "How is a human doing this to me? Why do I feel so strongly about this one girl," he asked himself. He yanked open his shirt, and undoing his pants freed his more than rock hard cock. He groaned as he slid his hand over his cock and nearly came undone. "I haven't felt like this since my first woman," he said, "Damn." His cell phone rang.

"Hello?" he barked into the receiver.

He listened to the other end and smiled.

"So the prisoner is ready to talk. I will be right down," he said clicking his phone shut.

He pulled his clothes back into order and hurried to the holding cell. David looked up expectantly and said, "My brother chose her for a reason, Lord Eric. He said that she was the one that would make him powerful. I don't know why though. He knew her grandmother, and said the same about her."

To be continued??