Failure To Communicate Ch. 02

Story Info
An unexpected result.
4.6k words
3.89
89.5k
24
Story does not have any tags

Part 2 of the 2 part series

Updated 10/23/2022
Created 01/29/2012
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
magmaman
magmaman
2,701 Followers

Dorothy got home more than two hours earlier than normal. It gave her time, she needed to clean up, compose herself.

She wanted dinner ready when Denver got home at 5:30.

In the shower, her mind drifted to Jack, and the way it had been.

Jack had professed to love her, saying he always had. She now knew deep down inside that he did not.

How many women had Jack dated, been with? Dorothy didn't know, not for sure but it was a lot. She tried to think of all of the ones she had seen him with, but couldn't come up with a number.

More than two dozen over the years, for sure.

As the screaming hot water flowed over her naked body, Dorothy thought of that conversation she had with her friend Sara a long time ago.

Sara had refused the man's advances, mentioning how large he was with a giggle.

Yet he didn't seem that large, just different? Her husband Denver was easily the same size, perhaps a shade bigger?

She shook her head to clear her thoughts, turned off the water.

"What in the world is wrong with me?" She thought to herself.

She had mustered every bit of courage she had in herself to just go over to Jack's place and basically throw herself at the man.

Expecting? The "something" that had always been there in the background, the missing piece that might make her feel complete?

It had been no different, not really. Jack had taken his time removing her clothing. There had been a flash of modesty as he pressed her legs open, then mashed his face to her loins.

He had already done that once before, then stopped. She was not sure why he had stopped, then her thoughts had shifted rapidly from the urges of desire and blind lust to shame.

It had felt good, of course, as she lay there allowing it. Denver did touch her there and a lot with his fingers, but just refused anything else.

But even good, Jack was using too much pressure, every time she felt something start to happen it slid from her mind's grasp.

The huge pleasure she expected, the sensation of being completely lost in the moment so well described by some of her girl friends did not arrive.

Then Jack had slid himself upwards, she felt his penis probing, seeking her entrance. For just a moment she had nearly screamed out in protest but then she felt him slip inside.

It was done then, her body fell limp, then began to respond like it always did. Exactly like it always did. Finally her mind drifted to Denver, she felt her body relax and then the small orgasm poured over her.

Jack lasted a long time, far longer than her husband Denver ever did. Towards the last she had felt her mind wandering off, and she was hoping he would finish, climax and get it over with.

When he did stiffen, and she felt him flood her with his semen, it was almost a relief.

"That was wonderful!" Jack told her as he went limp and she slid out of her.

Dorothy rolled of of the bed, went into the bathroom, cleaned herself as best she could.

Coming back out, she began to quickly dress. All she could think of was to get home where things were familiar, safe.

Away from here, she now knew she should never have come here.

Jack lay there on his side, naked, watching her. His slick looking penis hung limply, almost obscene.

She turned her back so he could not see her as she tugged up her panties, then slipped on her bra.

"You know, if we are careful, Denver will never know. This can be a regular thing." Jack said, now sitting up.

He reached for her but she pulled away.

"One time, I told you. This can never happen again, I made a mistake." She told him.

Jack didn't answer, he just lay back against the bed.

+++

Once back home where she felt safe Dorothy started dinner. A nice meat loaf, she used her mother's trick of filling it with several layers of cheese. Some Peas, fresh frozen were quick and easy, Denver really liked those. Add in a baked Potato, oven baked the way he liked them, first in foil then butter the outside and unwrap them to finish them so the peeling was nice and crisp.

At a quarter to six she went and looked out the window, no sign of her husband. Back in the kitchen, she turned down the temperature to keep it all warm.

By eight PM she was sitting in the living room, her body wracked with sobs.

She knew Denver was not coming home now. How he knew about what had happened, she had no idea but she was sure that now he did.

The phone rang and she leaped for it, knocking the little stand the charger sat on off onto the floor.

"Where are you?" She said the moment she pushed the button.

"What? This is Sara. What's the matter?" Her friend asked.

"It's Denver. He isn't home yet, I think he left me!" Dorothy wailed.

"Dorothy! Calm down! What is going on? I thought you guys were...oh. Oh God! You didn't...?"

Dorothy was crying so furiously that she could not talk.

"I'm coming over there." Sara said, hanging up the phone.

+++

It was just after 4 in the afternoon when the phone in Denver's office rang. He listened to what the man had to say.

"Sorry, Bud. I will send you the photos and tapes in the morning." Were the last words the man had to say.

The motel Denver checked into was on the seedy side, it was his 2nd try. The first place would not rent him a room since he had no luggage at all.

The one he was in now didn't give a shit, they were used to renting a room sometimes two, even three times in the same night.

"Checkout is at 11, or it's another night, OK? Do ya want a girl, or do ya got one already?"

Denver just shook his head. The clerk shrugged.

Denver went inside the dingy smelly room, sat on the bed. He was still sitting there when the Sun came up.

+++

"So what did your wife have to say when you talked to her about it?" The lawyer he had found in the yellow pages asked him.

The man had glanced at the photos, looked over the notes from the detective, and listened to some of the tape recordings.

"I haven't talked to her, she keeps calling but I haven't answered."

"Why not? That is usually what is wrong in cases like this, you might try and thrash things out."

"She went and screwed my best friend! She LIED to me, what is there to talk about?" Denver asked angrily.

"Maybe something like two kids, sure, they are grown but that's family. Then what you tell me was a happy marriage? Are you telling me you don't love the woman, just like that?"

"I guess I do, it's just that...."

"Just what? Tell me this, how many times have you gotten some strange stuff since you have been married? Most of the time.....?"

"I...just once, and I don't even know what happened. It wasn't like that..."

"Does your wife know about that?"

"Yes." Denver told him.

"That complicates things, if she puts up a fight she can really cause problems."

"I don't care, give her whatever she wants."

"Well then. But that's what I mean, with both of you guilty? People are weak but sometimes things are worth working on." The lawyer told him.

"What the fuck are you, some kind of marriage counselor?" Denver demanded.

"No, I am just a lawyer. I see this all the time, happy people going at each other over stupid stuff." He took a moment to size Denver up. The man appeared to be completely miserable.

"Oh, well. If you really do want a divorce, I will handle it for you." The lawyer sighed.

+++

Denver's phone rang as he stepped out of the elevator. Glancing at it, he saw it was Sara.

"Yea?" He answered.

"Denver! What's going on? Why are you and Dorothy fighting?"

"You know damn good and well by now, Sara. Dorothy has been sleeping with Jack Kawolski."

"Denver? Damn it, you really need to talk to her about that. She says it was a silly mistake, and just once."

"Talk about? TALK ABOUT? What's to talk about, she is fucking around on me and lying to me, for God's sake!"

"Denver, meet me at Charley's pub, OK?"

"Please?" She added when he didn't answer.

"All right. When?" He gave in, Sara had been Dorothy's best friend for as long as he could remember, and she was usually pretty level headed.

"Right now." She hung up before he could answer.

+++

Sara was sitting in the end booth when he walked in. It took a moment for his eyes to adjust to the darkened room.

Walking over, he slid into the booth. Like nearly every time Denver had ever seen Sara, the tops of her breasts were showing, the upper edge of her ever present lace edged bra peeked out of the bodice.

She saw his eyes glance down and grinned inwardly to herself. Denver always glanced, most men did since it was her very best feature but she had always liked Denver and it gave her a tiny little warm feeling when he did.

"Denver, Dorothy really loves you, and right now she is a basket case."

"She has it coming." Denver said.

"Yes, she did wrong and she knows it. But she can't undo it, you know. She is still the same person."

"Why would she do something like that in the first place?" Denver demanded.

"You need to know more about how women are, Denver. She felt like something was missing in her life. You know, your kids all grown and gone, life gets into a rut. She is nearly fifty, and it's like so much passed her by?"

"She went and FUCKED jack, for God's sake! I guess I just found out I have never been any good in bed, hell, I don't have a fucking CLUE what that woman wants!"

"Denver. She said you were with some other woman, and did it first." Sara reached out and put her hand on his.

"I...That was...I was mad, and I got drunk and..."

"That's your excuse then? Think of what Dorothy felt like, finding that out?"

Denver sighed.

"I don't know what happened that night, I didn't mean to, not really. It was just that everything was all piled up on me."

"Well, it was all piling up on her, too. Then when you hit Jack, she realized you had misunderstood...."

"Misunderstood what?"

"Jack was helping her plan your surprise party. That's all that was going on, then you blew up."

"She was in his condo for over two hours, I saw that!"

"Yes, but Jack is just a friend. Sure, he is an asshole, a horn dog. That I know for sure because he tried it with me, but he was not getting anywhere with her."

"Some fucking friend!"

"That is probably true. But Dorothy doesn't care about Jack, she cares about you."

"Go talk to her. Please?" Sara asked when Denver didn't answer.

+++

Denver looked up when Dorothy walked into the pub the next day. She spotted him and walked over, sat down.

He had expected her to be dolled up, perhaps trying to attract him or something but she wasn't.

She just looked like...Dorothy.

"Thank you for talking to me, honey." She said, her eyes downcast.

"Sure. No yelling or crying, OK? I just want to know why? Why did you go sleep with Jack?"

"I don't know, not really. I wanted...I never did, not with anyone but you, ever. No one has even wanted me I guess, not really."

"You know that is bullshit, you had guys trying all the time when we were young."

"I guess. It wasn't that. I wanted to know what a real...how it felt when..you know, like some of the women talk about?"

"You mean an orgasm? Is that what you are saying, I never gave you an orgasm?"

"No, you do! You did, it's just that I always felt like there was something more. I don't know, that night when we were in the tent and Jack was with that Millie woman, she...He went for an hour, I guess and I heard that."

"I don't remember any of that?"

"You were asleep. That night Jack got up to pee, then I heard him by the fire and I couldn't sleep so I got up. He...he kissed me that night, and he..touched me..here." She brought one hand up to her breast.

"You mean? You and Jack were fucking around clear back then? While I was asleep?"

"No, it wasn't like that. I pushed him away, he didn't do anything, not really."

"Not really huh? Grabbing at you? I think the first chance I get I will kick his fucking ass!"

"No, don't do that. It will just cause trouble."

"We already have some trouble!" Denver snorted.

"Can we..can we try? Please honey, I don't want a divorce, I love you and only you. I want us to be together, I want everything the way it was before."

"You did it too, I know you did. That hurt me, knowing that you had a girl friend on the side." She said when he didn't answer.

"I don't have any girl friend!"

"Who was she then?" Dorothy was looking Denver right in the eyes, trying to tell if he was lying.

"I don't know. Some woman, I woke up with a hangover and she was there."

"God knows what you could have caught."

"I know. I'm sorry about that." He meant that, too. Denver sighed, she was right even though he still had no clue how that even happened.

"I am sorry too, honey. I want us to be together, like before."

"I don't see how we can be, I just don't. But...." He looked at her, feeling his anger at her soften.

+++

Jack Kawolski felt it was best to be nowhere to be seen. He made it a point to stay away from the usual places, the last thing in the world he wanted was to run into Denver somewhere.

He was reasonably sure he could handle the man physically, although he also knew that Denver was on the scrappy side.

He remembered that time when they were in the pits at the racetrack, Jack had "encouraged" another driver to move over with his right front fender and the guy had taken offense at that.

That had been quite a yelling match, then Denver had stepped between then and backed the guy down, even though the guy was half again bigger.

He still could sometimes feel the small area of his jaw where that punch had landed. That had pissed him off, hell, it had chipped two of his teeth and he had been forced to go see a dentist.

He had only been horsing around a little bit when he had copped a quick feel of Dorothy's tits that one time, the truth was he had never really intended to ever put the make on her.

That other time when in a rush of excitement they had kissed, he had felt something in her and was reasonably sure she could be had.

But he had planned none of that. Even that night after the blowup, Dorothy had come into his room, hell, she was stark naked! What was he supposed to think, do?

But it was weird, he had been right on the edge of giving her the fucking of her life when it hit him that the only reason she was there was that she was mad at Denver going off and getting a strange piece of ass.

No, that was wrong. He liked to get women to the point where they wanted him, and nothing else.

That was always the real kick, when they reached for him, grabbed at him lost in lust.

But he had seen Dorothy naked, and man did that woman have a pussy on her! It was full, her outer lips puffy. Then she had never been with anyone but Denver, that Jack was sure of.

Maybe that was the reason she had tasted like that? Almost no taste at all, maybe..clean was the word?

That damned fantasy of having her grew in his head. He dropped the "love" word deliberately, even lied to her and told her that SHE was the reason he had never married.

The truth there was that he would never get married, settling down with one female was just something that could never fit his lifestyle.

Then the big surprise, she had shown up at his door. Wanting him, that was what she had told him.

Jack had been happy to oblige her, and he had spent way over an hour with her before finally shoving his cock inside her. One thing Jack knew very well about himself was that he had endurance, he must have fucked her for a solid 45 minutes before finally allowing himself to let fly.

Right after that, Dorothy had acted all weird? She just cleaned up, got dressed and almost ran out the door?

That was strange, no way in hell could she not like that, Jack was sure she had never been screwed like that in her life.

Oh, well. The world was full of women. He did find he was missing the parties, going bowling and having fun, cracking jokes.

Once he had heard from that Sara broad, the one that seemed to have her fucking knees chained together, that Denver and Dorothy were on the outs? He knew that Dorothy must have squealed.

Damn shame, it was always better to keep the mouth shut about some things, after all, he had hosed more than his fair share of married broads with no real trouble.

Now he had to keep his eyes open because Denver just might be looking for him.

Bunch of shit, hell, it was just some fucking, wash her off and nobody could ever tell.

But thinking of Denver, he kind of wished he could take it all back. It looked like he and those two didn't agree with his own way of looking at things.

+++

Two weeks, two solid weeks went by. Denver came home, ate his dinner. They talked about everything under the Sun except for the one thing that probably mattered most of all.

In bed, Denver rolled over and went to sleep, his back to her. Dorothy knew that all she could do was wait, she was well aware of what was on Denver's mind.

Then one afternoon Dorothy and Sara were out shopping, they stopped at a woman's shop, looking at all the skimpy undergarments and giggling.

Dorothy was thinking along the lines that something enticing might be the answer.

Dorothy had a sudden flash of inspiration!

"Do you like Denver, Sara?" She asked innocently.

"Sure, why?"

"I was just wondering. All of the trouble between Denver and me is because I...I did that with his best friend Jack."

"What do you mean?" Sara asked.

"If it had been some..stranger? I don't think it would be so bad, but Denver can't seem to get past it. Things are not going all that well, he won't make love to me."

"I still don't get it, Dorothy. What are you saying?"

"Sara, you are my best friend!" Dorothy broke into a huge smile.

Sara stared at Dorothy for a few seconds.

"God. Do you mean what I think you mean?"

"Yep."

"Wow." Sara said, almost to herself.

"Come on, let's go buy some stuff." Dorothy laughed.

+++

Denver sat in his car, watching as Jack came out and got into his fancy red sports car. He followed along as Jack drove out of the city and up onto the freeway.

30 miles later he pulled off into a small town, drove into to a night club and parked. It was about 200 feet across the big parking lot, obviously shared with a nearby grocery store.

Denver pulled up just as Jack was getting out. He saw Denver and his heart jumped in his throat.

"What's up?" Jack started to say but the fist was already coming at him. He managed to slip that one but the second one caught him above the ear and he saw stars.

He grabbed at Denver and tried his best to throw him but somehow Denver hooked his legs and Jack went down on his back. Denver piled on top of him, pinning his arms. Jack got one arm loose and swung but Denver was determined.

One blow after another rained down on him, Jack tried everything he could think of, while striking back with all of his might. He even managed to get in several head butts.

Finally Jack felt his strength fading, then the stream of blows stopped. Denver stood up, looking down at him.

Denver's face was a mask of blood and one eye was swollen nearly shut. Jack knew he looked just as bad, probably worse.

He was done, there was nothing left.

"Christ! This wirey fucker has just pretty much whipped my ass!" Jack thought.

"Next time you decide to take advantage of someone's wife, remember this." Denver said calmly.

"Got it?" Denver added.

"Yea. I am sorry as hell, Denver. I mean that."

"You ever touch Dorothy again and so help me...!"

"I got it. No problems, I won't bother her."

"Call the cops if you want, I don't give a fuck!" Denver got back into his car, started it.

"Hey!" Jack was sitting up now.

"What?" Denver asked.

"You gonna be at bowling league Tuesday? We are only 3 points out of first place."

magmaman
magmaman
2,701 Followers
12