Falling Hard Ch. 02

Story Info
She lusts for the one who could destroy her.
4.7k words
4.51
27k
7

Part 3 of the 20 part series

Updated 10/10/2022
Created 02/11/2009
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Virta stepped out of the shower, dried her slender body, and slipped into a shimmery, nearly see-through slip of a dress.

It wasn't usual angel attire, but it made her feel a little bit human: It was something like Mandi would wear to a club on Earth.

She sipped on a glass of Substance as her thoughts turned to her earlier conversation with Mick about The Fallen Ones, or demons, as they were better known: Angels who had rebelled and were cast out of Heaven.

She shuddered at the thought of such evil; such wickedness.

As much as she longed for a life of her own, she realized that she'd been pretty sheltered up to this point. She wanted freedom, yeah, but she couldn't imagine going that far. Her rebellion was fairly harmless compared to what the Fallen Ones must have done.

She shook her head as she paced the room. Falling out of Heaven? On purpose?

She leaned over her desk and switched on the computer. Having information always made her feel better. Sure, many sites were banned from her, but thanks to her techie friend, Mick, she could bypass many of the firewalls and find a little info on taboo subjects.

She knew that sometimes she craved knowledge as a baby craved its mother's milk. She felt as though she lived in ignorance. Was it really bliss – to live in ignorance? No, whether the truth hurt or not, there were some things she just had to know.

Finding the search platform she needed, she typed in a few key words: Fallen Angels, Demons, Devils, and waited for the hits to come back.

It didn't take long. There must have been thousands of websites on the Fallen Ones. But she only had access to one, the first one on the list. It was called Demons Dot Com, and from first glance, it looked like it had enough info to keep her busy for a while.

She wavered only for a moment, fear biting down on her as she hesitated to click on the forbidden link.

She clicked.

Up popped a flash introduction with depictions of monsters and vile creatures, accompanied by shrieks and screams, and blood dripping down the page. She nearly had to turn her face away from the horrible images. Within seconds, however, it had finished loading, and she clicked "Enter".

She'd never actually seen a demon in real life before; didn't even know anyone who had. But from what she was reading about them, she knew she never wanted to be within a light-year radius of one.

At least they were forbidden in Heaven, according to this source. She felt more relief to know that they certainly wouldn't get past the security at the Office.

She nervously fingered dark strands of silky hair as she clicked on another link. It contained thumbnail photos of Hell's top demons. There was even a warning to Mid-Level Angels - who were supposed to be the only ones with access to this site - to always be on the alert for them. They were to report to Upper Management immediately if one of these devils was spotted.

She glanced through the thumbnails, not really interested in seeing hideous faces that might haunt her nightmares for eternity. But one thumbnail photo in particular caught her eye.

Instead of depicting a monster, it was a photo of an incredibly handsome man. Perhaps the webmaster made a mistake in using this picture instead of a Big Bad Demon, she reasoned. Her curiosity got the better of her.

She clicked the link and braced herself for what ugly, hideous creatures she might see. She was not even prepared for what she saw.

He was the most stunningly good-looking man she'd ever glimpsed, and he was staring out of the photo with dark, liquid eyes. He made even the few upper-level angels she'd met at the Office Christmas parties look a little, well, ordinary.

He was enormous. Seven feet of tight, muscular body. He had thick, dark hair, tousled up all over sexily. His skin was smooth and lightly tanned. Well, not all of it was smooth. She noticed some scars on his body, but they just seemed to add to his rough appeal. He had eyes of coal that looked like they could burn through your soul. His lips were full and sensuous. She found herself wanting to brush her fingers against them.

Now why did I think of his lips like that? She instantly questioned herself. He's told countless lies through that mouth; Seduced many young virgins through the ages with those lips. His lips are evil, just like the rest of him!

Still, there was no denying his strong physical appeal. Her body trembled. Whether from fear or excitement, she didn't know. Maybe a little of both.

This was definitely an Ancient One. Just by looking at him, she could tell he wasn't created yesterday. A glance at his bio confirmed that he was older than civilization itself. This also added to his mystique. She'd always had a thing for older men, though.

She could barely stop staring at his face on the screen. If he mesmerized her this much now, how much more sway would he hold face-to-face? Such power, she thought. I bet he could make females – angel or human – do whatever he wanted with the black magic in those eyes.

She continued through the photos. He had to have been one of Satan's Higher-Ups, there was no doubt about it. He looked combat-ready in some of the pictures, sporting army fatigues and boots. Sharp, deadly weapons were strapped to his incredibly manly body. He held a large gun in one hand. Hard muscle rippled under tanned, sweaty flesh. A deadly gleam was in his eye, and his chin was set as firm as stone.

The man in this photo would disembowel you with the flick of a wrist, step over your dying body and go eat a breakfast of human babies without batting an eyelash, she thought with a shudder.

The caption beneath each photo verified her worst suspicions, describing terrible deeds the demon committed, including rape, torture, terrorist acts, homicide and angelicide. She couldn't bear to read all the details of his operations; she was too afraid.

She knew she should discontinue this and finish getting ready to go to Mick's place. But she couldn't seem to stop herself from looking.

She thought it was wiser to face her fears, not run from them.

And angels shouldn't have to be afraid, she thought. Especially not in Heaven. If I'm not safe in Heaven, then where am I safe?

The demon was shown in different clothes and different settings. Always, he looked to be the one in command, and very comfortable with power and authority. She turned back to his biography information.

To be prepared, one must know thy enemy, she thought. All I'm doing is arming myself with information. This is probably the same stuff they teach in those classes. Maybe I should give those classes a chance after all. God forbid I ever have to tangle with a demon even half as powerful as this one.

She trembled at the thought, even though she knew she had all of Heaven's resources to back her up if she did get in trouble. This creature of exquisite evil could never touch her here.

The bio said that he had started at the very bottom of Heaven as Clerk I at the Office. Just like me, she thought.

But he had quickly worked his way up to Power, specifically Third Choir. He was originally involved in Dominations.

What do I know about that position? She wondered. Aren't they the very oldest of the Old Ones? I wonder what I did with that organizational flow chart they handed out in orientation? Darn, I probably threw it out a long time ago. She tapped her fingers to her forehead in thought.

The demon had advanced to the highest levels of the angelic system before Falling. She looked for information about why he had been banished, but saw none. But what she did find chilled her to the core of her being.

No!

Her breath caught in her throat. The document stated that he had -willingly- Fallen!

A tremor of icy cold ran down her back, and she had to turn away from the computer for a moment just to be able to breathe again.

Getting kicked out of Heaven was the ultimate Bad Thing that could happen to angels, she knew. But nobody, nobody should ever willingly Fall!

What a depraved, iniquitous, treasonous creature this must be!

Sure, she had her beefs with God and the System, but the thought would never enter her mind in a million years to actually Fall.

Now that she knew Falling was more than just a scary tale told to young angels to keep them in line, it was frightening to imagine someone actually doing it.

She forced herself to turn back to the images on the screen, as shaky as if she expected the demon to reach out and grab her through the monitor.

He'd Fallen, and he'd probably taken millions more with him. How many more, both angel and human, had he dragged down to Hell in all these ages? She didn't want to know; she could only stare into the eyes that held secrets of both Good and Evil, of power that could send both man and angel to the depths of a depraved hell.

Get a grip, angel!

The clock chimed. She had to go.

Even though she could have flown and been at Mick's home in seconds, walking was what she needed. That always cleared her mind. Maybe too, it was her fantasies about being human, but she liked walking whenever she could.

She stood up and gave herself a final inspection in the mirror, and, satisfied with what she saw, left her apartment.

It was a perfect evening in Heaven, as usual. She didn't really watch where she was going as she strolled along the golden path to Mick's place. She knew the way so well she didn't have to think about it. Instead, her thoughts were back on demons, and in particular, THE demon.

What happened to Fallen Angels, exactly?

She'd heard stories that they were chained up in Hell, waiting for the Final Judgment. But that couldn't be true. This mighty demon was obviously not in chains.

Well, not unless he wants to be.

She hefted an eyebrow at the thought, but then realized how silly she was being. This was a real monster, for christssake! The kind who could rip a body and soul to shreds with the blink of an eye, just for the pleasure of seeing the torment of his victims.

She felt as though she'd opened a Pandora's Box of all the darkness, the violence, and the danger she'd been sheltered from all this time.

The most frightening thing was, as much as she feared this demon, she felt desire for him just as strongly. The skills he must have developed, the sexual abilities he must have honed by now. If he desired a woman sexually, he surely could pleasure her in ways she'd never imagined.

Just stop it!

She nearly shrieked aloud. She must not let her desire for human sexuality influence her in this way. She was going to put her very soul in danger. It was bad enough to lust after humans and spirits. But, to lust after this Spirit? Not the sanest thing she could imagine.

She jumped when her cell phone rang. Laughing a little at her fright, she knew she was just letting this demon stuff turn her into a scared little angel.

She'd probably never even see the lowest level demon in the flesh in her lifetime. So why even worry about this hulking devil with the dazzling black eyes?

"Hello?" She asked into the phone.

"Hey, it's Mick. I was starting to wonder if you were gonna show up. Is everything OK?"

"Oh, yeah, sorry. I got a little tied up at home, lost track of time."

"I won't even ask." He teased.

"Ha. Very funny." She said. "I'm on my way now."

"Walking, I presume?"

She heard the mocking tone.

"You guessed it."

"Well, I guess we'll save you a few bites of manna then, cause it will be gone by the time you get here."

"Hey, you better save me some!"

"Alright." She could hear him chuckling at her. "See you when you get here then."

"See ya."

She walked along the golden street, trying to imagine the fun she'd have with her friends all evening.

Still, her thoughts about the demon would not just shut off. She used her phone to pull up Demons Dot Com. Her hands were trembling.

She walked slowly, every now and then glancing down at the demon on the screen. She shouldn't be curious for more information about this incredible looking, incredibly evil man. But she couldn't stop herself from devouring all the intel she could find on the site about him.

He was known to have many lovers, both human and demon. He was brutal as a commander, and did not tolerate any insubordination. He was crafty as hell, able to take on many disguises with ease.

There weren't that many details in all, she realized. Probably because this was just a second level confidential site. The really good stuff would be harder for Mick to crack into, if he was able to at all.

She glanced up and narrowly avoided being trampled by an angel with solid gold wings.

"Watch where you're walking, slow-poke!" He growled rudely. He did slow enough to frown his obvious disgust at her skimpy attire. Then he sped on down the street, shaking his head.

"Watch yourself, you son-of-a-devil!" She called after him, using one of the worst insults known to angels. But she doubted he heard her, so great was his speed. He was probably on his way to Worship, she thought, rolling her eyes. She turned back to her cell.

Scrolling down the page, she found multiple warnings about having any contact with the demon. Those unfortunate angels who had come into contact with him had never been seen or heard from again. Another involuntary quake went down her body. She peered closer and saw that the warnings on this demon came down from the highest echelons of power, from the desk of Michael herself.

The last thing she saw on the page was a list of all the known names of the demon. There were lots of titles and names of power, such as Warrior God, Leader of the Fallen Ones, Master of Sin, Dark Lord of the Underworld, and many, many more.

But there was one in particular that made her body of light go rigid: The Seducer. She shook her head, rebuking herself again for having such lustful thoughts for an evil, debauched demon.

The final name on the long list was the demon's Real Name. It was obviously listed on this website to offer some measure of protection from him, since to know a demon's Real Name - his name when he was newly created - was a powerful tool. Though her education was deficient, she knew that much, at least.

She read the Real Name aloud, trying it on her tongue:

Athan.

The name dripped like sex from her lips, and she found herself reaching down to touch the handsomely dark face on the screen.

No!

She switched the phone off in disgust. How could she function tonight at Mick's party while thinking such depraved thoughts?

Mick was right, she'd been watching entirely too much Earth TV.

And I've been watching Mandi every chance I get at work too, she thought. The human girl is rubbing off on me.

She clutched at her raven hair in distress and pocketed the phone.

Mick's home was visible now, but still far down the street. She stood under a tree for a moment to calm herself. There was no way she could go into a crowd of friends right now without them knowing something was wrong.

What IS wrong with me? Virta shook her head. Why can't I be content with the life of an Angel? An asexual heavenly being, for god's sake!

But the questions kept recurring to her over and over again: What would it mean to be a demon? To Fall? What had happened to make that demon what he was today? And what would happen to her if she ever met up with one of the devils?

Obviously, the demons got the best of both worlds: A body that was human enough to partake of the pleasures of life on Earth, such as food and sex. Yet they also had their supernatural power all the time. And, like humans, they got to make meaningful choices about their lives. It was hardly fair.

She tried for the millionth time to decipher her unhappiness at what she was. There had to be something really wrong with her to even be considering how much better demons had it than she did!

There was a saying that God didn't make mistakes, but then why did she feel like a human trapped in an angel's body?

Mick just thought she was unsatisfied with her work. She thought back to a conversation they'd had earlier in the week.

"You should take some classes. Learn something new about your fellow celestial beings. You spend way too much time on the computer, watching Earth...um, whatever it is you watch!" His face blushed deeply, and he dropped his gaze for a moment.

She giggled at his bashfulness, and he looked up with a lopsided grin.

"Mick, I know everybody here says we are so blessed to have been created angel rather than human. And I know that pretty much all the angels look down on humanity as lesser, inferior creatures... they need watched over constantly and are only concerned with their petty day-to-day activities... shopping, eating, yada, yada, yada... having wonderful, mind-blowing sex."

She looked up for his reaction. He was listening to her, a hand to his flushed face.

"You're such a wild one, Virta." He chuckled.

"You think?"

He just gave her a pat on her dark-as-night tresses. She shook his hand off, annoyed.

"Do you follow me? I don't care what other angels say, I would trade with a human anytime."

He shook his head again. "So, you'd give up being able to fly for the opportunity to trudge along on the dirt? You'd give up being perfectly healthy for a body that could get sick and die?"

He crossed his arms and stood back studying her from under his dark lashes. "I think we got the better deal by far."

Virta shook her head. He didn't seem to understand no matter how many times she tried to explain it. "At least it's really living."

"For what, maybe one hundred years if they're lucky? What is that compared to the countless ages we can live?"

"But what is living forever when you don't have a life?" Virta cried. "I think it's better to have a hundred years of living and loving, discovery and learning, than a hundred million years of stuffy, boring, day-in-day-out perfection in a place where nothing exciting ever happens."

"Oh my little angel," Mick clucked as he looked down at her gently. "I think you just need get some higher learning. It might make a difference if you tried to advance a little at the Office. There is more to being an angel, much more, than you've allowed yourself to discover so far."

Virta shook her head. "Not interested. What does excite me though, is what I see happening down on Earth."

Virta looked at Mick sidelong as if trying to decide whether to bring up the next subject. "There's a... a girl I've been watching for some time now."

"Spying? You're a voyeur, Virta? I wouldn't have guessed." He broke out in a devilish grin.

She gave him one back.

"No, really, Mick. She has the best life ever. I mean, she does whatever she wants whenever she wants. Sex all the time."

"I'm sure her life isn't perfect, Virta. You don't know, but maybe she gets lonely sometimes, despite having an endless string of bed partners."

Virta sighed. "I just can't articulate it very well, I guess. All I know is, I'll never fit in as an angel."

She'd turned to leave his office then. "Just promise me you'll give me the heads up if you find out about any Earth openings."

Mick folded his arms across his chest, his baby blue eyes shining. "Oh, I don't know. I might miss seeing my crazy, horny angel in her cubicle everyday."

Her eyes widened. "Mick!" She screeched. "You haven't been spying on me, have you?"

"Me, watching you?" His eyes were innocent, but his scarlet cheeks always gave him away. "Now what would I be watching on those surveillance cameras, Virta? Hmm?"

For once, her own fair skin was deepening like fine wine.

"What? Miss Wild Thang is embarrassed? You mean, you do feel shame?"

"Shut up, Mick." She playfully punched him in the arm.

12