Falling Hard Ch. 10

Story Info
And angel makes three.
5.7k words
4.73
19.2k
4

Part 11 of the 20 part series

Updated 10/10/2022
Created 02/11/2009
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Mandi was leaning down in her car, gathering up her bags. She didn't see the woman approach. Suddenly, there was a voice just behind her. Her head nearly hit the roof of the car as she whirled around to see who it was.

She gaped at the woman who was standing there with a strangely happy... no, an eerily joyous smile on her face.

You scared me, goddammit!" Mandi clutched a hand over her heart. "Don't you know not to sneak up on people?"

The woman took a few steps back, her expression was apologetic. "Sorry," she said. "I didn't mean to frighten you. My name is Virta. I need to talk to you. It's very important."

Mandi looked the woman, Virta, over carefully.

She was probably in her late 20's, and about the same height and build as Mandi. She had long, dark hair and intense green eyes. A little too intense. Mandi found it hard to look at them, but hard to look away as well.

Virta broke eye contact for a moment and Mandi felt free to look at the rest of her. She saw that Virta was smiling even harder at her, as if that was possible.

Mandi's eyes were drawn down to the red tube top that barely covered the swell of Virta's breasts and left her stomach bare. Her nipples were clearly poking out of the material that stretched tightly over them.

Dropping her gaze lower still, she took in Virta's white, very short shorts. As tight as they were, it was obvious that she wasn't wearing underwear. Nothing on the woman's body was left to the imagination.

My god, she's even wearing red stiletto heels with this outfit! Mandi couldn't help but shake her head.

Going back up to Virta's face, she saw too much red lipstick. And she was starting to get a sunburn; her once-fair skin now turning the slightest pink.

No matter the strange clothes or makeup, the woman was very beautiful, Mandi had to admit. But what to think?

Was she homeless? Mentally ill or dangerous? There was no weapon that Mandi could see. It looked like she had no place to hide one in that skimpy little outfit.

Still, Mandi let her fingers sift through her bag, enveloping the canister of pepper spray there.

"I'm on a mission to help you."

OK, what was she, some kind of religious nut?

"Mission? What the hell are you talking about?"

Virta smiled again "I'm actually on two missions. I'm undercover, you could say."

"As what? A prostitute?"

Virta's face fell.

"Look, I'm sorry," Mandi said. "But you're hanging around my apartment complex in that skanka dilla outfit, sneaking up on me getting out of my car, and you have something to tell me. So tell me already."

Virta glanced around nervously. "Let's go inside."

Mandi wanted to reach into her handbag and pull out either the pepper spray or her cell phone. But she did neither. Something in the woman's eyes and voice made her forget all common sense.

"You said your name is Virta? I just got home from work. I'm hot, tired, I don't feel that well, and I need to get these groceries in the house."

"Oh, let me help you," Virta said. "I'll just follow along."

Mandi reluctantly handed the grocery bag over to Virta. She carried her handbag and a bottle of wine as Virta followed her into her small apartment.

She had no idea why she was trusting someone she'd met thirty seconds ago.... Mandi was definitely not her usual self lately. She could be letting a complete lunatic into her home.

Still, something about Virta made her feel as if she was in the presence of an old friend... she had to at least listen to the woman.

"Have a seat at the table," Mandi said to her, indicating the small dinette that seated two. Virta slowly pulled out a chair and sat down, looking around the little apartment.

Mandi put the small amount of groceries away. She didn't have much of an appetite herself lately, but she wanted to have stuff in the kitchen in case Heath was hungry. The man was a bottomless pit. She smiled at the thought of him sitting across from her at dinner each night, shoveling in the food.

Mandi pulled out the bottle of wine she'd bought for later tonight. Dom Perignon. It was her way of splurging for her man. She knew he loved expensive champagne.

She'd have to scrimp for a while – no ordering in lunch at work, no extra groceries; she'd have coffee at home and wouldn't be buying clothes for a while. But beyond the champagne, there were money problems.

She just couldn't account for where so much of her cash had gone the past week. But she wouldn't worry about that now. There were more important things to think of, she realized. Like what was going to happen tonight. Later, they would make love for the first time...

She wanted it to be perfect. Her thoughts went to lingerie. But the new negligee she'd bought a couple days ago was missing. She couldn't understand it. She was certain it had been neatly folded in her lingerie drawer. She'd turned the place upside down; it was gone.

Doesn't matter, she thought with a smile. Whatever I wear tonight won't be on for long anyway...

"Nice place you have here, Mandi," Virta said, taking in the small efficiency apartment. "It's just like mine. Only you know how to decorate."

Mandi rolled her eyes. "Yeah, thanks. But you didn't come in here to share decorating tips, did you?"

Virta turned those moss green eyes on her. "No, I've seen it all before," she said. "I've been watching you for a long time, you know."

Mandi nearly dropped the bottle of Dom. She pushed it to the back of the counter where it was safe from falling, and turned to Virta again.

"What are you talking about?"

"I have to tell you something that you're not gonna want to hear. It's about Heath."

Mandi crossed her arms. "You know my boyfriend? What about Heath?"

Virta fidgeted in her chair. She was clearly nervous.

"He's dangerous. He's not who or what you think he is."

"Oh? And who, or what, is he?"

"Will it suffice to say that he's someone who has hurt a lot of women? I'm here on their behalf, as well as yours. I want to keep him from damaging even one other woman.

"So, you're a disgruntled ex-girlfriend?"

"No! God, no. We do come from the same... er, place, that's how I know him. I want to get you away from him."

"And then what? Swoop in and have him all for yourself?"

"I promise you, I have no ulterior motive. I'm not here to steal your boyfriend. I'm not doing this for money either. You're safety is all that matters."

"And I'm just supposed to believe that? Why do you care about me? You don't even know me."

"I don't know if I should share this with you. But I will, because I trust you that much. You see, Mandi... Oh hell, I'll just say it - I'm a... an angel."

Oh god... this woman, Virta, was a nutcase for sure. She strained to remember why had she let the her into her home. But a lot of things didn't make sense anymore.

"Oookaaay then," Mandi said. She hoped her tone of voice let the lunatic know she was not buying it. "Let's, uh, call the police right now and you can tell them all about Heath."

Mandi reached for the cell phone sticking out of her handbag. She saw her hand shaking.

"The police can't be involved. They are powerless against Heath and Athan."

"Heath and who?" Mandi had the cell in her hand. She flipped it open.

"Athan... his evil overlord."

Oh boy. Mandi punched in 9 -1 -1.

"Mandi," Virta's voice was firm, insistent, as she spoke her name.

Mandi looked up at Virta, her finger poised to hit the 'send' button on her phone.

"Please put the phone down and listen to me. Please. I care about you like a sister. I won't let him hurt you. You're an innocent woman."

Mandi's eyes cast down for a moment. "I'm far from innocent."

"I still don't get why I should believe you? You're talking about crazy stuff. Angels? I don't know what you're using, but come on, I've seen people on drugs before..."

"I'm here to protect you. You're just going to have to trust me."

"I don't have to do anything."

"Heath is hurting you."

"You're wrong. You've got the wrong person."

"I told you, I've been watching you for a long time, Mandi. I know you, I love you, and I will stop at nothing to prevent Heath from hurting you."

"This is my boyfriend you're talking about here!" Mandi was starting to lose patience. "I'm calling the police."

"There's just one way this can go down. And the police can't be involved."

Mandi's eyes went from Virta to her cell a few times. She sighed and finally flipped the phone shut. Why didn't she just call the cops now and be done with this woman?

"You're crazy. Heath is not a criminal. Heath is the only guy who's ever cared about me, and he's perfect. Now I want you to get the hell out of my house."

"I'm sorry about your boyfriend, Mandi. But he's evil. And he's not the only demon I'm after. Heath has a supervisor, as I said, named Athan. He's very dangerous, even more so than Heath. I'm going to try to take him down as well."

"You're nuts. This is all a bunch of bullshit. I know, I'm on a hidden camera somewhere, right?" Mandi began to glance around the kitchen, even though she knew it was hopeless. This woman was serious.

"Mandi, I know you have a hot date tonight. I know your brain is awash in the chemicals of romance. But think beyond that. Has there been anything out of place; unusual? Such as missed time, strange, unexplained bruises, sickness, bad memories, nightmares?"

Mandi frowned. "I was sick this week, but Heath took me to the doctor first thing this morning."

"And?"

"And, he found nothing. My fever was gone, and I didn't have so much as a scratch. I mean, I still don't feel that well, but there's nothing apparently wrong with me."

"He is controlling you. Think really hard, Mandi. You know something isn't right."

Mandi glared for a moment before speaking. When she did speak, her voice was low and angry. "You're what isn't right, dammit."

"Look at me, Mandi," Virta said.

Mandi looked into those deep green eyes.

"I can't make you do what you don't want to do. Unlike your boyfriend, I don't have that kind of power. But I'm begging you to consider what I've told you. I don't want to see you get hurt."

"And I don't want to see Heath get hurt. For all I know, you're the criminal - setting Heath up so you can get your sick revenge. I'm thinking you're just a jealous, bitter ex-girlfriend."

Virta stood up. "No. Please, don't see him tonight, Mandi."

"I want you to leave now."

"What if I'm telling you the truth?"

Mandi leaned back against the counter. She put her head in her hands. "Why won't you go?" she moaned.

"I need your help right now."

"My help? With what? And why would I help you?"

"I need a makeover. I have a lot of money. I'll pay you for your time, the clothes, everything." Virta reached into her bag and pulled out a huge wad of cash.

"Where'd you get that? You're a thief? You sell drugs? Prostitution?"

Virta grimaced. "No. It's... funding I was given for my mission... so I can help you."

"You mean your angelic mission, right?"

Virta nodded. "Will you take me shopping? I get the feeling my clothes, my makeup... it's not right at all. I don't know what to do about it on my own."

Mandi looked up at her. "Hell, I'm not gonna go spend time on the town with you. If I give you this... makeover... will you go away?"

Virta nodded. "I'll go back to my apartment."

"Fine," Mandi sighed. "Then step into my bathroom..."

An hour later, Virta was showered and primped to perfection.

Mandi had her dressed in a pair of dark jeans that showcased her ass. She wore a slinky, blue sleeveless halter top. It had a split V neckline, and a silver chain around her neck that attached to the top, holding it up. It was form-fitting and satiny. When she turned around, most of her back was exposed.

She was wearing a pair of heels that put her somewhere close to six feet tall.

Virta's dark hair was in flowing waves, lapping around her sleek, sexy shoulders and back.

Her makeup was a touch of glamor, but not overly done like before. It simply enhanced her natural good looks.

Virta's skin that had earlier been tinged with pink, was now softly glowing from the aloe and bronzer mix that Mandi had rubbed onto her after her shower.

"Wow," Virta couldn't stop staring at herself in the mirror.

"Wow is right." Mandi said. "You're gonna turn heads, babe, and in a good way this time."

Virta felt tears forming in her eyes. She dabbed carefully so as not to disturb her eye makeup.

"Mandi," she said. "You've made my life."

Mandi laughed. "You're not dramatic at all, are you?"

Virta turned to the girl. "No, I mean it. What you did for me... I've never done girl stuff before. I'll never forget this. Thank you."

Virta threw several hundred dollars down on Mandi's bathroom sink.

Mandi stared down at the money.

"I'm not taking your money, Virta," she said after a moment. "Just go back where you came from. Please, leave me and Heath alone."

Virta shook her head.

"I said, keep your money."

It made Mandi uncomfortable to see tears sliding down Virta's cheeks.

"You're the best human ever, Mandi," she said, dabbing her tears away. "Thank you."

Oh no, she was coming in for a big hug! Mandi stepped back.

"Well... you're welcome, Virta. Now, I need to finish getting ready too. You better go on home now."

"Oh, sure. But can I get a ride to the club with you later?"

"No," Mandi said through her open bedroom door. "You've been trying for the last hour to get me to believe your bullshit. I still don't know. There's no proof. And as far as you being there tonight with Heath? I'm not sure I want you guys together."

"Mandi, if you really have that much faith in him, then just give me this one night, no, just a few hours to prove what he is. That's all I'm asking."

Mandi called out the door: "It's just that, tonight I had special plans for us. We were going to leave the club early, come back here and... you know. Have a romantic um, first time."

And why was she telling this woman such private things? Crazy.

She looked up to see Virta standing in the doorway; she looked frightened.

"I've seen it happen," Virta said. "It isn't pretty."

Mandi threw an armful of shirts down on the bed in disgust.

"Damn it, I don't want to hear this!"

There seemed to be no explanation as to why she hadn't pushed Virta out her door. Mandi no longer felt like worrying about it either. She had enough on her mind.

Disregarding the warning in Mandi's voice, Virta continued on: "Would you believe me if I told you he has mind control and can even read your thoughts?"

"No, I wouldn't believe you. That's impossible."

"He's a Fallen angel; he has all sorts of power."

"You're such a bullshitter. OK, if he's an ex-angel and you're one of God's angels, then why can't you just slay him with a flaming magic sword or whatever?"

Mandi returned to her closet, shaking her head in disbelief.

"I don't know if those even exist," Virta said. "I wasn't given one. Unfortunately, I have to prove myself with what I've been given. Or else..."

Mandi raised an eyebrow, one hand on her hip as she turned to face Virta. "Or else, what?"

"Or... else," was all Virta said before averting her eyes.

"So if you're really an angel, show me some magic or something. Where are your wings? Can't you fly or become invisible?"

"No. I got rid of those stupid wings when I came down here. And I don't have any special powers that I know of."

"Damn, then you're pretty much useless as an angel, aren't you?" She was angry and she couldn't meet Virta's gaze.

Mandi suddenly started laughing. Tears of frustration and helplessness rolled out of her eyes. Oh, the irony of it!

"Hey," Mandi said, gasping, laughing, choking. "Heaven must really care about me, huh? They sent me a leftover flunky angel. I guess that's what they think of me... it's all girls like me are gonna get."

She was just crying now. Surely the crazy woman would leave.

But she felt Virta's slender arms go around her shoulders. Virta hugged her against her own body, stroking her hair gently, soothing her with soft, gentle words.

Mandi cried and cried. "I just don't know what to think. Just your presence - you make me want to believe you," she said, her voice catching and thick.

"I know something isn't right. But I don't want what you're saying about Heath to be true. I wanted a man to care about me for real."

The woman didn't say anything, just held her like a mother holds a crying, hurt child.

"Look at me, I'm a mess. I have to get ready."

"You don't have to come to the club tonight, Mandi," Virta said. "I can deal with him on my own. You'll just be in more danger."

"No, I want to be there. I still don't believe you. Not without some sort of proof. You're a very persuasive person, Virta. But I have to see Heath. If there's a problem with him, I'll find out tonight for myself."

"Can't we go together then?"

"I have to stop at a friend's house for a while first. She's having a problem with her boyfriend and wanted to talk a little. Anyway... goodbye Virta."

Denial was just too easy; it was what she wanted to fall back on. Yet as much as she didn't want to admit it, there was something 'off' about Heath. She sighed, almost crying again from the pain in her heart.

She decided to watch Heath extra close tonight. She would guard her drink and whatever else she consumed. She would be as vigilant as possible. She couldn't let him suspect anything though, or he might get angry and break up with her.

And Mandi couldn't lose him. She couldn't be alone anymore.

* * *

Virta sat in her apartment, munching on potato chips and dip, cookies, and the baby carrots that Human Relations had stocked in her kitchen. God, what was it with this Earth food? Her stomach had barely stopped hurting since she got down here.

She watched some TV, mindlessly flipping through the channels. It seemed everywhere she turned, someone on there was trying to sell her something; trying to convince her that she wasn't pretty enough, clean enough, didn't drive the right car or drink the right beer.

It could get kind of lonely down here, she thought, sitting on the couch with a 2 liter of soda and the remote.

I don't really have any friends besides Mandi, and she doesn't like me nearly as much as I'd hoped.

Virta sighed and went back to the kitchen. She thought she'd seen a carton of ice cream in there...

Later, Virta realized that she'd dozed off a few times on the couch. Glancing up at the clock, she saw that finally, it was time to go. She called a cab and went to brush her teeth.

Soon, she was on her way to the club.

It was loud inside. At least nobody was smoking. Her fresh pink lungs probably wouldn't like that.

Almost no time had passed before she had male attention. She saw their eyes checking her out, looking her up and down. The guys nudged each other when she walked by. Some even approached and offered to buy her drinks.

Wow, it's just like my fantasies, she thought.

Suddenly, her awareness took in someone or something else behind her. It was the same feeling she'd had several other times that afternoon. Now, it was strong. She turned on her chair and looked up.

Heath was looking down at her, amusement and derision shining in his hooded brown eyes.

"Hello, Virta," he sneered. "It didn't take you long to get down here. I guess the show was rather.... motivating?"

She couldn't speak now that her target was inches away.

A guy was sitting next to Virta. Heath elbowed him off his seat. The guy started to protest, but getting a better look up at Heath, he moved on willingly.

Heath gestured to the bartender and ordered two beers. He slid one toward Virta.

She sniffed at it; her nose crinkled up at the smell. "What is that stuff?"

12