Fantastic World Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She let out a sigh and sank down into the water. She pushed those thoughts from her head. It was over and done with so there was no use dwelling on the past. She turned her thoughts to the quest at hand. Once more she wondered what the need for secrecy was. And what she'd be recovering for the elven archwizard. She wondered how dangerous this would be and if she should just go ahead and bring someone along to watch her back. So many questions, she signed once more and not nearly enough answers.

Her ears perked up as she thought she heard a knock at her front door.

"Hello," she called out and grabbed a robe. Callia exited her bath and pulled the robe over her dripping wet body. Quickly she dashed down the stairs, figuring it would be a messenger from Geirmund's smithy. Callia cracked the door, poking her head out. She first saw a boy before she noticed Verrshaun lounging in her porch swing. "Can I help you?"

"Yes, my lady," he replied. "Your horse is ready for your journey. He has been shod with new shoes and has been thoroughly exercised."

"Thank you, Conlan." She smiled, recognizing one of the smithy's sons. Callia bade him to wait one moment while she grabbed a small money pouch. From inside it she grabbed a gold piece and handed it to the boy. "Here, take this."

A look of surprise crossed the child's face and he thanked her graciously before scampering off to his father's shop.

"Verrshaun," she said as she motioned for him to come inside the house. "How about we find some food? Parvil's tavern, perhaps. Or how about we have our dinner at the Busy Bee?"

"The Busy Bee sounds fine to me," he replied as he entered her parlor. He took note of her wet robe. "But perhaps you should finish whatever you were doing. I can wait."

"Thank you, dear friend."

Callia returned to the upper level of her home and finished her bath. Once she had fully dressed, she rejoined Verrshaun in her small parlor.

He took one look at the set of her mouth and knew something was troubling her. "Tell me what is on your mind? What vexes you this day?" he asked.

"I shall tell you, dear friend, but first I am starved. Let us find some food."

O.O

"Why do you continue to beat yourself up over Amakiir? You know he is not worth it." Verrshaun growled as Callia confessed her troubled thoughts as they returned to his small abode.

"Old ghosts, I suppose. I wish it were so easy to forget. Verrshaun, you are young and you have not felt these feelings. One day you will understand why I fret so much. He hurt me. He said he loved me, but it was all a lie." Callia brooded. "Those feelings are so hard to leave behind, no matter how hard I try."

"You should not be so hard on yourself." Verrshaun promised. "I still wish I were going with you."

"I know, but I don't know what kinds of danger I would be walking into and I don't want to risk your safety. Humor me, Verrshaun. I know danger doesn't scare you, but I would not see you hurt. You mean a lot to me. Who else believes in me the way you do? Not very many."

"I will stay, but I do not have to like it."

"Good."

They spent the rest of the evening together talking about her mission and what it could be about, speculating on why it was so secretive.

O.O

12