Fever Ch. 03

Story Info
Ayanna, Tavis, Olivia.
8.1k words
4.46
6.9k
5

Part 3 of the 9 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 04/25/2013
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Navaura
Navaura
38 Followers

Ayanna:

October 31

"How long will you be gone father?" Ayanna inquired, speaking of his current mission.

"Hopefully not long enough for you to miss me." He stated as Ayanna grabbed his wool jacket and held it open for him, watching as he shoved his arms in the sleeves.

"I still don't like the idea of you going without me." She stated.

"I know, but I'd rather it be me than you, that way if I don't come back, you can always seek help."

"Help from who?"

"Didn't you tell me something about a vampire family that lived here who are good at fighting?"

"Well, yeah, but still...I don't know them and they don't know me."

"Remember what Candace your mother would say."

"Bring a family gift and acquaint myself with them." Ayanna stated.

"That's right. If I happen to run into trouble, go to them bearing a gift and request help."

I stared at my father, knowing that his mindset had not yet molded to the truth about the culture we lived in the midst of this day and age. No one would accept a gift as a token of kindness and inquiry of help. Not in this country anyway.

"Dad, I still don't like you going off by yourself, you don't know what could be waiting for you or what he could do to you."

"I'd rather go and have me captured than to take you as well so that he may have both of us."

"Dad...please?" I stated, my heart pleading with him. If there was any one person I'd come to rely on this long, it was my dad and if anything happened to him, I didn't know what I would do; how I would go on without him.

"I'll be back, sweetheart. I promise." He stated as he took his leave.

~~

I stood there well after he'd gone, my heart thudding in my chest, anxiety settling in. I didn't know what would happen to my dad after he confronted Caduceus. I assumed that he would kill him because that's what he'd always said he'd do if he found him. I knew my dad longed for my mother.

I guess you could say being a vampire for him sounded good, but the fact that his own wife couldn't be saved, left him feeling desperately withdrawn and angry most of the time, in a despondent state. My father, I'd never seen cry but once and that was upon learning of my mother's death. He'd seen her body, held her cold lifeless corpse in his hands, held her as dark pools of blood soaked through her clothing.

He'd stroked her face, gave her one last kiss, even told her he loved her; the same as I had done. My mother was a gentle soul. She'd never once hurt anyone. She was always welcoming, never denying anyone anything until that day she'd denied Caduceus my life.

I couldn't see a man like him loving anyone. His heart was so cold, so shallow, that even his skin was cold to the touch. He exhilarated no warmth. All vampires are naturally cold, but he is even colder. Ice cold.

I had no doubt that the only reason he wanted me was so that he could order me around, teach me to be a proper slave. That's what he wanted. Servants got paid for what they did, I doubt he'd have any type or form of generosity to consider paying anyone.

I understood after all these years that once you were in his grasp, the only way to be completely free was death, for his blood sentenced you to a life time of imprisonment. At least that's how I felt, like a prisoner in my own body. I try to lighten up my mood, because I really am a good woman, I seek to hurt no one.

I prefer to be left to my own devices, but I treat everyone equally or at least according to what they deserve. As I felt my heart slam in my chest, I thought to myself, perhaps, the best thing for me to do now would be to enjoy what little freedom I had left.

Grasping my cloak, I tucked it underneath my chin, feeling dread as I was consumed with the awful feeling that my dad going out there by himself would not have a positive end result. In some way I felt as if the worst thing he could possibly do was to confront Caduceus, because I was more than a hundred percent sure that the limited freedom we'd possessed thus far, would come to an end. Inhaling sharply, I walked to the door of my home, opened it and felt the harsh cold winds strike out against my skin.

Did it bother me? No, it only blended in with my temperature. I was going to at least attempt to enjoy my night out. Perhaps I'd go finally have that chat with Tavis. He would be eleven this November. I was sure I'd miss it, but I wanted to at least show him that I was there. Exhaling the heaviness in my chest, I closed the door and began my descent down the stairs.

~~

Tavis:

"I'm not going in there." I stated to my sister Olivia, who'd began to make her way to the old abandoned warehouse we'd just stumbled upon.

"Why not? You chicken?" She inquired.

I shook my head, not sure why, but my instinct was telling me not to go in there. "I'm not a chicken, I just don't want to go in there. You don't know what or who is in there."

"Is this coming from the same boy with a green belt in karate? You can defend yourself. So there's no need to trip out, besides it's Halloween, let's go."

Olivia had already reached the doorway to the house. I glanced up at the moon, seeing the white orb shinning brightly in the sky, admist the naked trees. I inhaled sharply, not understanding why she of all people would want to do something so reckless and stupid.

Vampires weren't the only thing that were out and my fascination with creatures ended there. I didn't want to stumble upon hobos or some types of animals or even other beings.

"Stop being a chicken and come on," She ordered, commanding me to come on into the building with her. I reluctantly followed suit. I could imagine all of the thoughts that would go through our parents heads once they found out we'd ditched trick o treating for some abandoned warehouse. This was the first time I prayed that they would catch us, just to keep us from doing what my gut instinct said don't.

The closer we came to the structure the more convinced I was that something was wrong. I couldn't feel any of the electrical air I normally felt around the atmosphere. Most importantly, it seemed as if something was hindering the bond that

I shared with both my parents. Why didn't Olivia feel that? "Olivia, we have to go." I whispered as we reached the door. She looked up at me, "You're such a baby, Tavis. For all that tough talk you sure are a weakling." She glared at me. I glanced eye to eye with her and we both were left there shocked.

Her eyes had been encompassed in a red ring, where the Iris should be. "You have red eyes," I stated.

"And yours are "black with a blue Iris."

I felt the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. Grabbing her hand I said, "Let's go, now."

She tried to pull away from me. "No, I'm not going, I want to see what's inside here."

"Olive oil," I stated, referring to the nickname I used when ever I was scared. It was my code of fear. "We shouldn't go in there. My gut says don't."

She pulled out of my grasp and pulled the door open, "Well mine says do, so I'm going." I grabbed a hold of her shirt, trying to keep her from entering. She pulled out of my grasp, causing both of us to fall. I fell backward, away from the door and she fell on the inside of the door.

I ran up to the door and tried to open it. The door handle wouldn't budge. I felt my own anger come to the forefront taking over my fear, "You stupid girl! Now, you have gotten us both in trouble!" I yelled, kicking the door. I felt a lump of fear form in my throat and tears well up in my eyes. I suddenly wished that it was only Jr. and I because Olivia always wanted to do things her way.

Trembling, I took off running, wishing that I could go back to that time when I didn't have to plead and beg with her to hear my reasoning. All she ever did was chuck up my instincts to fear. Everyone was born with more than fear. Fear was something that could be healthy. Fear could save your life.

Fear would prevent you from making stupid idiotic decisions like going into an abandoned warehouse on a full moon during Halloween. But then again, Olivia didn't know that because in her world, there was no such thing as fear. I had no choice but to go find my mother and Stefan now. I knew that after this, we were going to be in a world of trouble.

~~

Olivia:

Ok, so this was the time I normally wished I wasn't so pigheaded stubborn. As I could hear Tavis banging on the outside of the door, but he couldn't hear me banging from the inside. Something told me this was a trap. Something wasn't right here, but I felt an adrenaline rush pick up in my blood.

I felt my body become resilient, filled with a new life. Deciding that since I'd found my way in here I may as well go looking around,I checked my body for the various weapons I'd sheath. A girl could never know what resided here. Pulling a dagger from my sheath, I held it tightly in my grip and made my way down a softly lit hallway.

The building looked nothing like it had from the outside. This looked like a maze of some sort. The only difference was there were statutes aligned at each end of the hallway. By the door there had been two marble Lion statutes. And now as I got closer to the end of the hallway, there were two winged bird statutes. One on the left the other on the right.

As I stared at them, I marveled at how life like they look. "Hello." I shouted, careful as I walked. I felt a burst of air. It surprised me because the building was sealed tight.

The walls were a pristine white, with golden colored murals on them. Some of animals, others of people running with them. I wrinkled my brow in confusion. This was something I'd never seen before. The people were all different shades, not just one, but many different nationalities. As I paused to look at them, I saw that they all wore gold bands around their heads, with a white falcon feather sticking out of their bands. Their clothing, all different sorts of types were gold and white colored.

I stared, not sure what I was looking at but found a warmth developing in my heart upon looking at them. I noticed that they were running with animals in different wooded areas, some marsh areas and vegetation areas. I was pleasantly surprised that they didn't eat any of the animals.

As a matter of fact, it seemed as if they bonded with them. As I was staring, I heard a movement from behind me. Swiftly turning, I reached out to grab a hold of the person, but they averted my hands, pushing them to the sides. I then spun and did a round house kick, knocking the person to the floor.

I stepped back, regaining my stance and held my arms out in front of me, in a position of attack, "Who are you?" I inquired to the figure I'd knocked to the ground. The person was on their knees trying to get up. I felt a nervousness like never before fill me.

"I think you knocked the wind out of me." he stated. I inhaled sharply. "I'll do more than that if you don't tell me who the hell you are." I responded.

"A beautiful girl with a filthy mouth, doesn't surprise me much. They seem to be a dime a dozen." He stated as he finally pulled up all the way and turned to face me. I felt the air in my lungs dissipate upon seeing the most beautiful yet handsome face I'd ever seen.

I couldn't help but stare at the dark hair that looked almost black, warm light green eyes and pain filled expression as he stared at me with a peculiar yet fascinated look on his face. He bowed down to the waist. "I am Denver Farshad and you are...?" He paused, to grab his side, answering his own question. "You are brutal."

I just stared at him, not sure why I couldn't seem to gather any intelligible thoughts.

Those eyes were brutal in my opinion. I'd never seen green eyes with a yellow tint to them before and his had a yellow tint. They were absolutely stunning. He smiled at me and I felt my heart drop into my stomach.

I grabbed my stomach, unsure of what this feeling was in the pit. It caused my heart beat to increase. He stared at me with that smile and just grabbed a hold of my arm. "Never mind that Olivia." He stated.

How did he know my name? My brain screamed. "I heard your brother...Tavis is it..." mention your name, that's how I know.

How did he know I was thinking that? My brain screamed again.

"Anyhow, what you are looking at is a mural of our tribe.

"Tribe, what tribe?" I froze, pausing in my steps,

"Are you vampires, because if so, believe me, I am not going down without a fight."

He laughed. I felt my skin flush at the sound, light cheerful, just beautifully happy. "Dearest Olivia, I assure you, we are all humans, except the gargoyles..."

I scratched my brain on the inside, trying to figure out why he was telling me all of this? Why was he telling me all of "their" secrets, whoever they were. What kind of place was this anyway? I walked with him, listening as he began telling me about the murals on the wall.

"The murals tell the story of where our people descended from. We were a race of humans found all over the globe with the same attributes. Fast runners, swift in movement, able to track and hunt with the very best. We were also given very keen senses, those I'm sure you're aware of." As he spoke, I was looking confused, what was he talking about?

"Will you explain to me what you mean and what is this place?"

"Ahh, so you do speak." He let out a jovial laugh, and I felt the rippling began in my chest again. I turned away from him as I spoke, "Yes, I can talk just fine, but you have yet to answer my questions.

"I'm talking about hunters and this place is called The Gala."

"Excuse me?"

"You my darling are a hunter and we are in what is known as the Gala."

"A hunter of what? What the hell is a Gala. Are you talking about a museum of some sorts?" I inquired.

"A hunter of all things. You can track, you can run, you can sense and smell what ever creature you're focused on."

"You don't say?"

"I do say. Dear, you and your brother as well are a hunter."

"I doubt my mom has ever hunted anything in her life. She would freak out if she got a stain on her shoe, or if she spilled anything on her clothes. In her thoughts a lady should always look presentable, no matter the situation."

As if being reminded, I glanced down at my dress, which was still dreadfully beautiful and reached into my purse, grabbing a compact mirror. Opening it, I looked in to check my make up and that's when I noticed following closely behind us was the lion I'd seen at the door. Turning around, I pushed Farshad out of the way. I couldn't seem to remember his first name but Farshad stuck because it was so different. I positioned myself in front of him, squatting down at the Lion that was in front of us.

He let out an amused sigh and wanted to know what I was doing.

"I don't know." I whispered. "I'm following my instincts."

"I see."

I crouched low, looking at the lion and then lowered my eyes, making sure to move my head to the right of the creature to assure it I had no harmful intentions. To my surprise, it stopped and the next thing I know I heard a voice in my head. I stumbled back, falling on my behind.

A laugh was heard as the guy grabbed my hand and pulled me up to my feet. "Sahara, you can leave us alone now. The Lion turned and walked away. I stared up at the guy and squinted my eyes, "He understands you?"

"Yes. He also communicates with you."

I nodded my head, sure this was a dream. Animals didn't talk. Gargoyles do. A voice whispered in my mind. I jumped. It was deep strong voice:

You're a gargoyle? I thought in my head.

Yes. The voice replied back.

I didn't know if gargoyles existed.

We do. He whispered.

How old are you?

Fourteen years old in human years.

Wow, I stated, my tone surprised. I still had to wrap my mind around the fact that I was talking to a Gargoyle.

I thought you guys only guarded churches. I stated.

Not always. There are some who even roam and live among the wild. The ones here chose to be with hunters. We are your guardians. We watch close up and from afar. You will be assigned your own guardian in due time.

I turned my attention to the area we were currently walking in. So, whose guardian are you? I inquired

Denver's. He answered.

I noticed we'd turned down another extension of the main hallway and was going down a path that had rooms and doors closed off in them.

"What are these rooms," I asked out loud to Denver. As long as I looked ahead, I was fine. At least that was what I thought until I heard the deep treble in his voice and it left my heart racing hard and fast against my chest.

I felt a heat and warmth began to work its way up my body. Crossing my hands over my chest, I cleared my throat and listened as he explained,

"Each of these rooms are for training purposes. You must know what creatures are what, what their natures are and how you are to interact with them. You also must learn to control your disposition toward vampires." All of these rooms and some in the west wing of the building will teach you to do that.

I found myself wondering now that I'd calmed down, how was it that they knew I was a hunter and where exactly were we going. "Where are we going and how do you know I'm a hunter?"

"Genealogy." He stated.

"Elaborate, please?"

"Your dad was a hunter."

"My dad was a hunter?"

"Yes, your dad. The Ethiopian was a hunter."

"My dad was an Ethiopian hunter?" I inquired, confused. Mom told me that he'd left right before Tavis was born. My brows furrowed in misunderstanding. "My dad was a hunter?"

"That blood abnormality in your line is not sickle cell, like you've been told, but it's a genetically transferred DNA component that extends from generations before you."

"But I am human, right?" I inquired, confused.

"Yes, but your abilities are increasingly stronger as you age. Your physical strength as well as mental capabilities often expand beyond your years."

Why did I feel like I was in the middle of a weird dream or some Psy-fi flick? This had to be surreal.

"This is too much to handle and besides, I need to get back home, my mom and her husband will kill me for being out this long."

"That's fine but we need to keep in touch." He stated.

"Why?"

"Because you need to know about who you are and what it means for you." He answered.

I brought my eyes up to his face, searching, trying to see what kind of gimmick this was. Hosh Posh as my mother often would say. I was rankled. Not only did I land myself in a fairy tale make believe type setting, but I'd also found the guy of my dreams. Smoldering hot, like Taylor Lautner hot.

I stared up at him and changed my mind- no - he was a hundred times hotter. Perfectly rounded face, gorgeous green eyes that had a yellowish tint to them and a bright and sunny attitude and smile to go with it. For some reason, just the thought of going back home made me depressed. I really didn't feel as if I belonged there.

~~

Ayanna:

As I walked, I continued to move, just wondering what was going to happen to me and my father. What would happen with our future? Caduceus was the epitome of every vampire's night mare. Servitude. To be reduced from a daughter of the Dongo's to a servant was something I hated. At least with my own we did things together, took care of one another.

I found myself longing for the old way of life, when things went better, when life had a brighter disposition and when things worked together in a familial unit. I missed it now that I realized my freedom would be taken away.

I continued past the down town area until I came upon this old abandoned structure. I stared at the building, seeing for the first time that within the shadows of the building lurked animals. It seemed like they were guarding the place, walking back and forth. As I looked upon these animals, I felt a certain calmness come over me.

Navaura
Navaura
38 Followers