Finding Darkness Ch. 01

Story Info
Given opportunity, should you try everything at least once?
5.8k words
4.6
6.8k
3
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Lasalles
Lasalles
20 Followers

This is another story I've been sitting on... I do tend to write a few beginnings, then life takes over. Again this different from the last couple of stories. While not extreme—it does touch on BDSM themes. Just an advanced warning if it isn't your cup of tea.

--

She leafed through the applications on the desk, the white sheets stark against the mahogany. Rubbing her temples, she started again. They were all starting to look the same. After seven years she was starting to question whether this was something she still wanted to do, although those thoughts often disappeared with the soft swoosh of the door sliding closed behind her. In her charcoal domain, where polished concrete gleamed against dimmed downlights and the coarse brickwork was covered with traces of invisible epithelials.

She picked up the phone. "Valerie, are these all the applications?"

"Yes, I believe so... Did you receive the ones in your intray?"

She look to her intray and sighed, seeing another stack of papers. "Sorry Valerie, I missed them."

"Are you okay?"

"Yes, I'm just tired today. Thank you." She hung up and leaned over, lifting the stack from her intray and placing it on top of the existing file.

She referred a client to another house. By that, it meant she'd turned him loose. Now she was looking through her referrals to replace him, but therein lay the question. Did she really need to replace him?

--

Everett gave Jonathan a bemused look before putting his hands behind his head leaning back in his chair.

Jonathan's face wore a cryptic grin. "Well?"

"Well what?"

Jonathan shrugged. "Well nothing... I guess." He left it hanging in the air.

Everett's head tilted back as his dark eyes feigned a look of indifference. "Okay, tell me."

Jonathan looked towards Everett's door and then walked over to close it. "Well then, what do you give a guy who has everything?"

Everett shrugged.

"You'd think nothing, because he already has everything, but he hasn't experienced everything."

Everett nodded his head in agreement. "That's true."

"So this, what I'm offering you is an experience. Well I'm not so much offering it, a good friend of mine is referring you, on the proviso you want to of course."

"And if I don't?"

"No love lost, I suppose. The referral was available. I will tell you this, they say it's like nothing else."

"Really? Aren't there at least a dozen places in town that I could get this?"

Jonathan put his hands in the pockets of his light grey slacks. "Possibly. It depends on what you're after and besides, there's no guarantee that you'll be selected."

Everett raised an eyebrow. "Selected?"

"Yes. Apparently there's a waiting list."

"What's the catch?"

"What do you mean?"

"You know, say I was interested in this sort of thing, what would I be expected to encounter."

"Oh, that's the thing, it's discreet and exclusive and considering the subject matter, I'm sure there would a lot of reluctance to discuss it. They don't mind revealing what they think they know, but there's no way they'd admit it, well probably not to the outside world. I can tell you it's one on one and she is a woman."

Everett rubbed his chin. "Okay. Only because I'm curious, but honestly, don't expect anything. I wouldn't be surprised if I walked right in and out again."

Jonathan's blue eyes glinted, his broad white smile, suddenly challenging. "You are the man with everything. Happy birthday."

--

Selene rifled through the second set of papers and then stopped, slowly going backwards.

Everett Armitage.

She scanned down the page. He was younger than the submissions she normally received, early thirties. Unfortunately the rest of it was the same: high achiever, driven, determined. Weren't they all. She knew when she had decided to pursue this that this was exactly the type of clientele that she had targeted, but they were all the same. They came to her defiant, but undone by the truth of what they really wanted. At first she had loved it, being able to give them what they needed, but after awhile it became apparent she wasn't getting what she needed. A big part of that was her fault, she knew that. Her rules that she thought were necessary and that she'd enforced thinking they would protect both her and her clients became the very barrier that also denied her. In many ways, it was a good thing, teaching her to compartmentalise. Without it, she'd be no good to her clients and possibly hurt them and herself in the process. It didn't mean that she didn't care, it just meant when she stepped onto the other side of the sliding door, she could leave it in her domain.

As she stared absent-mindedly at the piece of paper, something else caught her eye. He almost had no interest. She frowned, that couldn't be right. She looked again. No, it was right. He never visited or partaken in anything. He had no particular fetishes that he could think of. History showed: yes to threesomes, yes to porn, yes to anal and strictly hetero. There must have been some mistake. She looked over his application again. No one ever submitted their application without some sort of desire and then again no one ever submitted without somewhat knowing what they were getting themselves into.

She smiled, maybe he just didn't know it yet.

--

Everett looked at the open letter in front of him and picked up the phone. "Jonathan, come to my office."

Within in moments Jonathan strode through the door. "Is something wrong?"

Everett shook his head. "No, but I thought you said there was a waiting list?"

His blue eyes widened. "Yes there is. I've heard some people have been on the list for the last two years have never been contacted."

Everett spun the piece of paper around to show Jonathan, whose eyes stayed wide. "Shit! For one I'd keep that to yourself and two, what the hell did you put on your application?"

--

Everett parked his car in the secure underground carpark of the building and took the elevator up. The look on Jonathan's face kept replaying in his mind. He'd looked completely surprised, and Everett honestly couldn't see what the big deal was. Exclusive places, they were a dime a dozen and when he was younger, he probably could've named most of them. Sex. Sex was easy, he'd never had a problem bedding women. He had acquaintances in the upper echelons of the money circles. Enough money could buy you anything. He'd been invited to swinger nights, propositioned at Christmas parties and company soirees, more times than he'd cared to remember, it not only made things complicated but in the end it just bored him. His problem was he liked the chase. He couldn't deny the attraction of confidence and a person who took pride in themselves, but unfortunately you may as well have a sign around your neck. People could smell it, and they all wanted something from you, but that was life and it wasn't going to change anytime soon.

The doors slid open and he found himself walking into a reception with a women standing there expecting his arrival. She shook his hand.

"Mr Armitage. I trust we were easy enough to find."

"Yes."

"My name is Valerie, could you please follow me."

Everett's eyes dropped to the sway of Valerie's hips as she walked in front of him. The woman was stunning. Her auburn hair coiffured in an immaculate chignon. She wore a lilac shirt and black pencil skirt with tall but understated black heels. Slender, but with soft curves. He hadn't seen a woman of that calibre in some time.

She pushed open a set of double door revealing a highly decorated, yet tastefully masculine living room: black Chesterfield lounges, flourishing burgundy carpet, darkly stained large wooden wall panels and an enormous ornate mirror. The rectangular room also had a floor to ceiling bookshelf that covered one wall, and temperature controlled wine cabinet accompanied by a cabinet stocked with what looked an impressive range of whiskies. Everett wasn't sure what to make of it.

"Mr Armitage, I'll be leaving this here. Please fill it out as comprehensively as possible, and please make yourself comfortable. If you need my assistance, please use the button." She gestured to wall and as she turned he took in her profile: high cheekbones, pale skin with a hint of apricot blush and sharp jawline. Her eyebrows were classically shaped, more full than so many women he'd come across who loved to pluck them within a fraction of themselves. Valerie turned back to him, her face passive, but her brown eyes told him that she knew he was giving her the once over.

He gave her his trademark smile, and she smiled back politely before leaving the room. Everett shook his head, it had been awhile since he'd been shutdown and he chuckled. What he would given to have met Valerie under other circumstances.

A soft click sounded and he looked up in surprise, wondering why the door had been locked.

--

Selene observed him through the one way mirror. So this was Everett Armitage. He was tall. He looked six foot or just shy of. His dark grey suit was fitted, single breasted, tailored no doubt. He wore no tie with his black shirt. Thick dark hair, slightly unkempt, not as slick as some of the high-powered corporate flyers that had seen the living room. She almost laughed when she saw him appraising Valerie. Valerie had that effect on every man that walked through those doors.

He was almost boyish in his wonder, almost. As though he was letting his guard slip. She pursed her lips. Maybe he really wasn't suitable. The men who walked through those doors were hard and sometimes downright bastards, but they didn't pay her to make personal judgements. Not that she was immune. Occasionally she turned down potential clients if she heard something that didn't sit well. Punishing misogynists was not her thing.

He stood in the centre of the room, slowly looking at everything, from the ceiling to the floor. Selene crossed one arm under her breasts and her other elbow leaned against it as she pressed her lips to her knuckles. He then circled the room, taking his time, as he looked over the selection of whiskies and then spent even longer looking at the books on the bookshelf. He looked at the mirror briefly before turning to the paperwork Valerie had left him. He stood for a long time before sitting down and filling it out.

When he finished, he looked around the room again and then pressed the buzzer.

--

The soft click of the door unlocking sounded and Valerie crossed the room taking the paperwork from his proferred hand. She looked over it carefully.

"Mr Armitage, do you have the appropriate paperwork?"

Everett nodded and reached into his breast pocket, producing a small slip.

She took it from him and tucked it into the paperwork.

"Again, please make yourself comfortable."

Once again she left the room, locking the door and Everett sat there wondering what he'd agreed to. There was a scotch in cabinet that he was tempted to try, but something made him feel as though it was best to have his wits about him.

Deep in thought he didn't hear Valerie enter again.

"Mr Armitage. Please enter through there. You may undress, but it is not necessary. If you do so, there are facilities in there for you to utilise. Otherwise, it is only required that you wash your feet and enter barefoot."

Everett turned around and saw a hidden doorway had opened in the bookshelf.

"Thank you." He nodded at her and proceeded to the doorway.

--

The door closed behind him and Everett found himself in large black marble bathroom. From the fixtures down to the tiling and the towels down to the hand wash, he could see no expense had been spared. A row of lockable cupboards lined one wall. There was a large shower area as well as an enormous spa bath, but that wasn't all of it, he also found a sauna. The bathroom rivalled that of five-star hotels.

After looking around a little more, he found one of the cupboards unlocked. It contained a new bathrobe, and some empty hangers as well as shelf space and some other hooks. He stared at them for a moment before taking off his shoes and socks and washing his feet.

When he finished he found that another door was open and he padded quietly through, finding himself in a dim hallway. Walking down the hallway he found yet another door open. He looked around for a moment before entering and hearing the door swoosh close behind him.

The room was large and empty, except for a metal chair which sat conveniently under a downlight. There rest of the room was so dark, it was difficult to make out the walls. Everett assumed that the chair was for him, but for some reason he resisted sitting in, instead standing behind the chair.

"Please sit Mr. Armitage."

The female voice was soft and pleasant, unlike Valerie's cool professionalism. Everett sat in the seat and stared into the darkness.

"May I ask you a question? Please answer honestly, you have no fear of anything going beyond these walls. As much as you have my word, we also have a contract."

He nodded. "Yes."

"Why are you here?"

Everett frowned and then relaxed his face. Shouldn't they know why he was here? "I was told that this experience was like nothing else."

"That may be true to some people, but this is not a five minute thrill ride Mr. Armitage. I hope that whoever told you that had the courtesy to explain that the experience often takes time."

Everett was silent for a moment. It had never occurred to him that there was a possibility they would reject him. If that was the case, why did they contact him? Hadn't Jonathan said that there were some people who hadn't been contacted in the two years they'd been on the waiting list?

"Mr. Armitage?"

He shook his head. "No it hadn't been explained to me."

"Perhaps there is another reason?"

"Another reason?"

"Another reason for you coming here? You need to understand, the clients who come here have particular tastes or needs. None of which you have indicated in your application."

Curiousity, was the only thing he could think of. "Are you suggesting that I've made a mistake?"

"I'm not suggesting anything Mr. Armitage. Your free will is your own. You can choose to leave and by next week, this will be nothing but a distant memory that will eventually be forgotten."

He sensed some movement and watched as a woman emerged from the shadows. It certainly wasn't what he expected. Latex covered her entire body. From her hood which only showed her eyes and mouth to her feet. She wore a latex skirt and a corset. Until Everett entered the room, he'd never really considered the reality of it. Until now it had seemed surreal.

"Please look at me Mr. Armitage."

Everett looked her over slowly. He knew she was making a point, he didn't find it a turn on. The black corset was nice he conceded, if that's what you would call it against the latex. His eyes lingered on her hips and then her legs. There was something strange about it. He couldn't deny the way it accentuated her body, but when he looked up, he knew what it was. It was the mask. It was too bizarre. It seemed to exaggerated her eyes and lips. As he looked at it, he wondered what she looked like behind it. She appeared tall, almost as tall as him, but he realised she was wearing platforms.

"It's not a pre-requisite to find latex attractive nor is it a pre-requisite to find me attractive Mr. Armitage; however, this is how I am."

If he was going to leave, Everett knew that he should have left before her saw her. Something about the reality of her and the idea of the experience made him reluctant to leave.

"When you said that my free will is my own. Am I able to leave at any time?"

"Of course."

"In the middle of an appointment?"

"People leave for various reasons. Sometimes they find what they are looking for, and sometimes they don't. Sometimes they evolve past what I am able to give them and move on. If a session stops, it's usually for one of two reasons. Either it has become too much and the client cannot proceed or the client realises this is not what they want and choose to end their experience with me. The latter does happen occasionally. As I mentioned before, the clients that come to me have particular tastes or needs... I think that is important for you to understand. This is place is not a halfway house. It requires commitment and discipline. If I constantly had clients that stopped sessions and resumed whenever they pleased, this could never succeed." She paused. "That being said, yes you are free to leave at anytime. Only you can make that choice to be here."

"If I choose to stay?"

The woman studied him for a moment. "Within the bounds of what I do there are no hard rules. You have been asked what your hard limits are. As time goes on, should you wish to change a hard limit, you may do so. If it wasn't mentioned, then I do not do it, although there may be some extensions to the play that was included. I will listen to you, I will watch and I will learn from you. Acceptance does not necessarily mean trust; however, trust is of the utmost importance."

Everett nodded. "Okay. What now?"

"You can make another appointment if you like Mr. Armitage."

Without a word, she turned and walked back into the shadows.

--

Selene peeled the latex mask off slowly. It wasn't as if she'd never had beginners before, but the way she'd handled this was unconventional for her. Her applications always were from potentials that at the very least had some idea.

Everett Armitage.

If he'd sat down when he'd entered the room, she likely would've made up her mind and sent him on his way. She observed his demeanour until he had left the living room, trying to pinpoint what it was about the way he carried himself. She could see the wheels turning as they spoke. He really hadn't known what to expect and she saw his reaction when he first saw her. It brought a smile to her lips. Most of them, when they saw her the first time, had a spike of excitement, even if they weren't partial to latex.

Selene was sure that he wasn't naive. Sometimes what was depicted seemed so much like play these days. Staged scenes with beautiful models or something downright dirty looking. What those pictures or footage couldn't show, was what was going on inside. You could only see the byproduct and it didn't tell the whole story. That was probably good enough for sadistic self-gratification, excluding those who had been there.

She untied her corset and loosened it and then removed and proceeded with unzipping and peeling herself out of her latex suit, all the while wondering if the Everett Armitage was making another appointment.

--

Everett sat there for several moments after she'd walked away, wrestling with his thoughts. Before he realised it, he'd returned to the bathroom, put his shoes and was standing in the reception.

"Mr. Armitage, is there something I can assist you with?"

Everett tried to snap out of it. The latex woman's words kept spiralling inside him mind.

"Valerie, am I required to make an appointment now?"

"Not at all Mr. Armitage; however there will be a period of reasonable time whereby if we do not hear from you, we will accept that as your decision not to return."

"What would happen if I wished to return outside of that period?"

"Unfortunately you would have to go through the process again Mr. Armitage, but success would be less likely."

Everett nodded. "Thank you, Valerie."

--

Everett found himself in the unusual position of being unable to make a decision. If he had any inkling of more than a casual spanking, with him being on the administering end, he would've explored the idea long ago. He'd known of a few people that were into a little more than just spanking. Loose whisky lips at parties had revealed extra-curricular activities of certain individuals that he'd always found more amusing than anything.

Lasalles
Lasalles
20 Followers
12