Finding Love Ch. 03

Story Info
The truth comes out.
11.3k words
4.81
85.5k
144

Part 3 of the 6 part series

Updated 10/03/2022
Created 02/28/2011
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
durablue
durablue
964 Followers

Special thanks to my editor sleeplessgurl and to ~L for proofreading.

Thank you everyone for the comments and emails on chapter 2. As always, they are deeply appreciated. I hope everyone enjoys chapter 3.

This is a copyrighted work of fiction by the author durablue. All rights reserved.

*

Daylon snarled, his wolf rushing to the forefront, fighting for control. Daylon barely noticed that Sam was leaning down to Mary, gently checking for a pulse, tears in his eyes. Daylon never finished what he was saying because his mate howled... and it was full of sound and fury. The sound knocked Daylon out of his transformation.

Everyone stood frozen as Ivy started the transformation process. The loud popping sounds echoed in the silent room as everyone watched Ivy. Once again Ivy changed, but instead of the regal wolf that Daylon had seen the night before, there now stood a huge wolf that was nearly as big as his own, and pissed out of its mind.

"Oh my fucking god..." Daylon breathed, remembering that another wolf he knew had the ability to bulk up when maddened.

* * * *

Shock froze everyone in place. There, where his mate once stood, was a gigantic, pissed-off she-wolf that didn't look anything like the exquisite, delicate wolf from last night. Her glossy coat was a deep, chocolate brown. Her eyes, a deep mustard yellow, were narrowed in anger. Shreds of the clothes, ripped apart as she transformed, surrounded Ivy. A low rumble sounded in the room. It took Daylon a second to realize the sound was coming from Ivy.

Gaining in volume, it erupted out from Ivy in a barrage of snarls, growls and a volley of vicious, angry barks. All the pent up anger and fear Ivy kept buried through the years flooded out of her in one long, frightening emotion. Daylon got a firsthand glimpse of her long, deadly canines' from her continuous barking. The loud and menacing sounds raised the hair on the back of Daylon's neck.

The ominous sounds were deafening in the small room, and sweat dripped down his back. Only one thought rang in his mind, beating in tune with the sound of his pounding heart... shit, shit, shit. I know that form. Aw hell, the place will look like a blood-bath when she's done! The murderous intent in Ivy's eyes was clear. Her body was low to the ground; her ears laid back, her tail still. Her back legs were bunched signifying she was ready to pounce.

Dolmas stood unmoving in the center of the room, his alcohol soaked brain unable to comprehend what was before his eyes, or, more importantly, the danger he faced. There was no sound, no movement as time ground to a halt for a brief second. And he knew he was alone, no one to help. Both his sons had left earlier.

Sam, huddled close to Mary, stared in disbelief. She slumped against the wall, stunned by the hit from Dolmas. Rigor and Holland stood still, wary of drawing the she-wolf's attention. The sounds brought both Caleb and Kern into the room at a dead run, only to freeze when they saw the wolf in the middle of the room. Quickly Kern took in the scene, his eyes traveling around the room, trying to figure out what was going on.

"Who the hell is that?" Kern asked.

Daylon held up a hand in warning for them to stay still, and quiet.

"Ivy?" Daylon spoke quietly, breaking the silence. "Sweetie, can you hear me?"

Both Caleb's and Kern's mouths dropped open. Ivy turned her head, snarled at her brothers,

and then locked eyes with Daylon. For a moment he saw nothing in those eyes but death. A slight chill ran up Daylon's back. There was no sign of humanity in those eyes, only an animalistic need to kill, to rip apart, to... devastate. And pain. Years of pain that bubbled nastily under the surface, like a volcano ready to spew.

"Mother fucker," Dolmas whispered, drawing Ivy's attention back to him.

"Do you want to die?" Daylon swore quietly. "Shut the hell up and let me deal with-No!"

Ivy launched herself at Dolmas, using her body weight to knock him to the floor. Dolmas fought, swinging wildly with his fists as Ivy mauled him with her sharp claws. Blood spurted from the cuts that blossomed across his arms as he tried to protect his face. Ivy used her weight to pin Dolmas to floor as she attacked. Daylon stood stunned by the aggression Ivy showed.

Her attack was fast and furious... and deadly, very deadly. It was over almost before it begun. The long, deadly canines, capable of ravaging delicate tissue, were inches from his throat. Snarling, Ivy prepared to deliver the killing blow. Just then, Mary, Ivy's mother, moaned slightly, and then gasped when she saw what was happening, stopping Ivy.

"No baby," Mary moaned, her voice distorted from the bruises around her throat. "He's not worth it."

The she-wolf's ear twitched, and her head slowly turned to face Mary. The momentary flash of heartache across Ivy's face reassured Daylon that Ivy was in there, buried below the surface. This was the distraction Daylon needed. Quickly he stepped to Ivy and dropped to his knees next to her. Aware that there was a possibility he could be attacked he gently ran his hand across her back, feeling the muscles ripple under his touch.

"My beauty," Daylon said softly, stroking the sweat-soaked matted fur. "If you want to kill him for what he's done to you and your mom, we won't try to stop you. Fuck yes, he deserves it, Ivy. But be sure you, not this form, want to do this. It's hard taking a life; it's something that always stays with you, no matter what. I'd know."

A low snarl greeted Daylon's remarks. Ivy leaned in closer. Her lips pulled back showing her sharp white canines, inches from Dolmas' face. A deep growl started in the back of her throat and exploded in a terrifying snarl. Ivy lunged... and snapped those deadly teeth inches from Dolmas' throat. Dolmas' hoarse, fearful yell could be heard outside. His eyes rolled back in his head, and he fainted dead away.

After a second, the she-wolf glanced farther down Dolmas' body to the wet patch spreading at his groin, and for the first time, Daylon saw a flash of Ivy's personality in those eyes. If a wolf hopped up on adrenaline and angered beyond belief could smirk, then this one damn sure just did. She stood over him for a moment, watching his chest move up and down.

Kern tensed and Holland stepped next to him. "I wouldn't if I was you. Trust me when I tell you that you have no idea what she's capable of."

"That's her form?" Caleb asked, shocked. "Jesus Christ, where the hell did that come from?"

Rigor stood near Kern, just in case he got any ideas. "I'd try not to draw her attention if I was you. I got a feeling she's not overly fond of either of you boys."

Ivy lifted her paw, and ripped the front of Dolmas' shirt. Four perfectly long cuts showed, making the point that she could have torn his chest open, if she wished. With a huff, the she-wolf stepped away from Dolmas and walked over to Mary.

Tears coursed down Ivy's mother's face as she stared at her daughter, Sam crouched next to her. Mary lifted her hand, allowing the she-wolf to scent her, then Sam did the same. Tentatively, Mary ran her hand over the top of Ivy's head.

"Oh baby," Mary wept, "oh Ivy."

Finally she moved away from Mary, and padded over to Daylon. Ivy brushed against his leg, her low rumbles sounded like a small engine. Ivy head-butted his thigh nearly knocking Daylon off his feet, her tail wagging.

Laughing, he patted her head, marveling how soft her coat was. He motioned for Rigor and Holland to greet Ivy in this form. She needed to scent them, just in case she ever made another appearance. And Daylon had an idea they hadn't seen the last of the large she-wolf that stood before them, not if previous experiences with another could be trusted.

"Dear lord," Rigor said, running his hand down her back. "She's strong, Daylon. You can feel the leashed power."

"Daylon? Did you know-"

"I had no idea, Holland. I was as shocked as everyone else," Daylon said, then looked at Sam. "I don't think Ivy knew of this form either. She wouldn't have kept this from me. She insisted she prove she could transform before mating me. And this wasn't the wolf we saw last night."

Ivy rolled onto her back, showing her underbelly in a submissive posture. Daylon sat down next to her and rubbed her belly, listening to her sounds of contentment. Holland was shocked how easy Daylon was around the huge wolf.

"Uh, are you sure she knows who you are?" Holland asked, unnerved by how close Daylon was to the she-wolf. "Man, one swipe of her paw could-"

"I'm not entirely sure how much control she has of this form," Daylon said. "But I do know that was a submission posture. I'm pretty sure she won't hurt me, or us."

"Aw fuck, Daylon," Holland hissed. "Pretty sure? Damn it, man. You know as well as I do what she's-"

"I know, Holland," Daylon replied quietly. "Christ, she's just as beautiful in this form. Big, muscular, and beautiful but so, so deadly."

Ivy rolled over to her side, put a huge paw up on Daylon's knee, and focused her yellow eyes on him.

"Okay, my lovely she-wolf, you need to let Ivy come back," Daylon said. "We need to talk. Can you do that for me?"

The she-wolf rolled on her back, stretched lazily, then rolled back over. Her tail thumped on the ground while she made eye contact with Daylon once again. With a deep breath, the usual flash of light that signified transformation lit up the room. Daylon quickly took off his t-shirt so Ivy would have something to wear. Within seconds Ivy lay next to him, her hair a tangled mess and confusion on her face.

Daylon knew the exact moment the knowledge came crashing down on her; it showed clearly in her eyes. Ivy took the t-shirt Daylon held out, and slipped it on. She stood up, and Daylon couldn't help his primitive reaction to seeing his mate in his shirt. His body hardened and he smiled slightly at how his shirt swallowed her.

Ivy faced her mom. Mary's tears had slowed to a trickle, but she refused to make eye contact with Ivy. Her breathing was labored and painful. Sam gently cleaned the blood off her bruised face. A sickening feeling started in the pit of Ivy's stomach as she stared at the two of them. Their touches were much too familiar.

"Mom?" Ivy said, looking at her mother. "You lied to me, didn't you?"

Mary's head snapped up and her eyes grew huge. "Oh sweetie I-"

Dolmas was still unconscious in the middle of the room. Both Caleb and Kern looked at her like she was a freak, not understanding the significance of what was unfolding right before their very eyes.

"What the hell?" Kern shouted suddenly, stepping toward Ivy. "How dare you come here and-"

Daylon moved quickly. He grabbed Kern by the throat and walked him back to the nearest wall, pinning him there. "You're going to want to watch your tone when speaking to my mate. You understand me? We didn't start this; we walked in on it. And I've about had enough of your crazy ass family, Kern. Don't push me."

"You calling us crazy? Damn man, did you see her? What the fuck was that? No female gets that big," Kern yelled at Daylon. "She attacked our father... a male. You might want to keep that in mind, Daylon."

"Maybe you should," Daylon snarled, rapping Kern's head against the wall. "I'd say you have more to fear than me, you piece of shit."

"Everyone calm down," Rigor said. "We came to pick up Ivy's clothes and walked in on Dolmas beating Mary. Ivy reacted to that."

"You had no right interfering," Caleb said, guarded by Holland. "I'm sure Dad had reasons for-"

Kern sneered. "Doesn't matter why. He's the male and has every right to discipline his mate as he sees fit."

"Are you fucking kidding me?" Holland asked, stunned by what he just heard. "Jesus, you people need to move out of the Middle Ages, dude. Your father was-"

"He's not my father," Ivy said suddenly, then took a deep breath. "Is he, Mom?"

Silence blanketed the room. Caleb and Kern stared at Ivy in horror. Slowly a look of pure revulsion crossed Kern's face as he focused on his mother.

"This isn't the place to do-"

"Sam's right, this isn't the time or the place to get into this," Daylon said.

"Should have known," Caleb smirked, ignoring Daylon. "That explains so much."

"Figures," Kern said. "Dad always said Mom was nothing but a whore. This just proves it. She's a whore and so is that freaky bastard of hers."

"That's it," Daylon growled.

He jerked Kern off the wall, ducked as Kern swung at him, then punched him in the stomach, bending him over. Listening to the air rush out of his lungs gave Daylon a pleasant little tingle. While Kern was bent over, he followed with an upper cut, hitting him square in the jaw. The force of the hit stood Kern straight up, and his eyes rolled back into his head. Two hits and Kern as on the floor with his dad... out cold.

"You really are a waste of space, you know that?" Daylon said in disgust to the prone figure on the floor. "I feel sorry for the female that gets stuck with you. Ivy? Do the clothes mean that much to you?"

Daylon stepped to Ivy and cradled her face in his hands. Ivy, startled, raised her eyes to him and Daylon could see the confusion, pain, and relief in her eyes.

Could this be what was preying on her mind, Daylon thought. Did she somehow have a feeling that Dolmas wasn't her dad? Had he said something to make her think that?

"Nothing's changed, my beauty," Daylon said softly. "You're still mine, and nothing could make me any happier. We'll deal with the rest at home, okay? Now, about those clothes..."

Ivy closed her eyes for a moment, then let out a deep breath she hadn't realized she was holding.

"I could care less about the damn clothes. I want my granny's chest though, and a few personal items."

Daylon hugged her quickly and faced Rigor. "Dad? Would you go with Ivy to her room and get whatever she wants; and faster is better, okay. Then we're outta here. I'll buy you a whole new damn wardrobe later, Ivy."

Rigor gently clasped Ivy by the elbow as they left together, making Ivy jump. Her surprise that Rigor touched her so willingly was obvious. "Nothing has changed on my end, either, Ivy. Things will be clearer once we get the hell out of here and can talk."

Caleb watched, making no effort to hide his distaste. Daylon's hackles were slowly rising as he waited for the youngest O'Farrell to say something that would give him a reason to knock his teeth down his throat.

I said I wouldn't kill them if I could help it, Daylon thought, never said anything about not beating the hell out of them. So give me a reason, pup.

"All this time," Caleb said, his distaste clear. "Who's the scum that sired her, Mom? Lemma guess, you don't know, right? Or did the bastard just use you and toss your worthless ass out? Christ, and to think that Dad took you back after you left. He should have left you wherever the hell he found you."

"Maybe she didn't want to come back," Daylon said. "With you two as sons and a mate like that... hell, why would she?"

"She left us!" Caleb yelled. "Just took off and left us! Dad said she hooked up with some man and just walked out, abandoned us. She didn't care about us; all she cared about was fuckin' around. Dad said she was always sneaking around behind his back and-"

"That's not true," Mary whispered. "I ran to get help and I had every intention of coming back for all of you but-"

"You're a lying whore! Dad said-"

"Enough!" Sam growled, his eyes lightening to a deep mustard yellow as he came to his feet. His wolf was close to taking over and the hint of... something filled the room; something wild, deadly, and destructive.

"Death wish," Holland mumbled. "All three of them must have a damn death wish."

Ivy's voice floated down the stairs as she and Rigor returned.

"Sam... control it," Daylon snapped.

"Fine then. I request that we take her with us," Sam said to Daylon. "I formally ask permission."

"Shit," Daylon said, rubbing his forehead. "What a total cluster fuck. Yeah, yeah, granted. Probably best. I'm trying to get out of here with killing anyone."

"Thank you," Sam said.

"What? No! You can't take another male's mate. Do you have any idea what will happen when Dad wakes up?" Caleb demanded, stepping in front of Daylon, right in his face.

"Who's gonna stop us? You?" Daylon asked, then moved closer to Caleb, itching to feel his knuckles connect with Caleb's smirking mouth. "Move before I move you."

"No," Caleb said, a brief flicker of unease in his eye.

"Oh yeah?" Daylon grin was ugly. "I was hoping you'd say that."

Before he finished speaking Caleb threw the first punch. Daylon ducked under Caleb's wildly swinging arm, and came up with a hard shot to Caleb's chin. Daylon smiled slightly as he heard Caleb's teeth snap together hard, and had a moment to hope he'd bitten his tongue off.

Grabbing Caleb's head with both hands Daylon brought his knee up while swiftly jerking Caleb's head down toward his raised knee. Daylon felt the smile cross his face as Caleb's head shot back up and his eyes rolled up.

Rigor stood looking at all three of the O'Farrells out cold on the floor, shaking his head. "Fun time's over, son, let's go."

Ivy approached Daylon. "Daylon? Did you mean what you said about bringing my mom? Even though it's going to cause problems?"

"Is that what you want?" Daylon asked, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. "I'll deal with whatever comes our way, sweetie."

"God. You're unlike any man I've ever met. Thank you. You have no idea what this means to me," Ivy said, then kissed him quickly, surprising Daylon with the small burst of affection. She turned to Mary. "Mom? You can't stay here. He's going to kill you. Please, please come with us. They're nice people, Mom. They've made me feel welcomed."

"Mary, you need to leave here," Sam said, echoing Ivy. "Please come with us. You must."

"But, but..." Mary looked at Sam. "What about-how will I-Where will I live? I can't just move in with my mated daughter! Besides, Dolmas will-"

"Be pissed out of his mind, no doubt," Daylon replied. "I'll talk to Surlak as soon as we are back on our territory. I don't think he'll go to war with us over this; not the way this pack treats its females. We would, make no mistake. Christ, from what I've seen dirt has more value than the females of this pack. The worst I might have to do is make restitution to Dolmas for taking his mate. I have an idea he won't turn down the great pile of money this will cost."

"Dear lord, you mean it, don't you?" Mary sighed. "I don't know what to say."

"Say you'll come with us," Sam said.

Mary stared silently at Sam. "Okay, if you're sure."

"I've never been surer of anything in my life," Sam said. "And we'll deal with any repercussions from this."

Rigor spoke quietly to Daylon, his tone urgent. "I think it'd be better if we're gone before they wake up since we now have one female who's injured and another one that can be damn dangerous if provoked. You understand what I'm saying, son?"

"Yeah, Dad," Daylon said softly. "Sam? Will you help Mary out to the vehicles?"

"Yeah. I'm going stay with her, okay, Daylon?"

"Yeah, that's good. Ivy? If Holland goes with you, can you grab a few things for your mom? Just grab something fast, sweetie. I'll watch these three while you do that."

"Come on, Ivy," Holland said, smiling slightly. "When he starts snapping orders it's best to get a move on."

"Dad, would you put Ivy's stuff in the truck?" Daylon asked. "And I heard that, Holland."

Quickly Rigor placed Ivy's meager belongings in the back of the truck and came back inside.

"You know there's no guarantee that Surlak won't go to war," Rigor said. "You're taking a big chance, son."

durablue
durablue
964 Followers