Finding The Right Woman Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
DG Hear
DG Hear
5,718 Followers

The months passed and I couldn't get her out of my mind. I looked up the schools near where I went. Being good on the computer I figured I could use the process of elimination. If what she told me was true and she went into nursing I should be able to narrow down the graduates. If she really was graduating. There was no Marie Timmons at any of the universities near where I went.

There were just too many if's. Almost six months had past and I wasn't any closer to finding her than when I left. I actually prayed for guidance and help. My sister knew something was wrong.

"What is it, Jim? You need to tell someone," said Sue.

I knew I had to get it off my chest and I trusted Sue more than anyone. She was my older sister by four years. I decided to tell her some of my story.

"I met a woman about a week before graduation. We dated and I fell for her lock, stock, and barrel. We made love a number of times. We kept parts of our personal life from each other. We got in an argument which I don't want to talk about. She called me at the dorm but I wasn't there. She said she was going to meet me at the airport but I didn't see her. I've looked everywhere I can think of but can't locate her. I guess I'm depressed over it."

"Maybe she'll call you?" said Sue.

"It's been almost six months. Either she can't find me or she doesn't care to. I guess I'll just have to get over her. I really believed she was that special one."

"Jim, if she is the special one, God will bring you two together somehow, someway. Otherwise, it just wasn't meant to be."

My company wanted me to fly to Chicago, Illinois and take care of a company there. They said I should be there about four days. I could rent a car and when I was done, I could just drive it back here since I already would have it leased out for the week.

It was one of the nice perks of my job. I could do almost eighty percent of my work from home except when I had to travel. They paid me nicely as well as all the perks and benefits. The next day I flew to Chicago and rented an economy car. I helped update a complete computer network for this company.

It took me three days. My evenings were spent looking around the city. I often thought about how nice it would have been if I had Marie on my arm.

I started my drive back. I decided to go south through Indiana and cut over and enter Ohio. I was driving along through Indiana and it was just starting to get dark. I picked a two lane highway since it looked like I could save time. I glanced down at my map and when I looked up a big deer jumped in front of my car.

I hit it broad side at about 55 miles per hour. It was the last thing I remembered.

------------------------

I woke up and everything was somewhat blurry. I felt so tired. I glanced over and saw my mom sitting there. There was a doctor over me.

"Take it easy, son," said the doctor.

"Where am I? What happened? I think I hit a deer."

"Well, son," said the doctor. "You're right. You hit a deer about two weeks ago. We put you in an induced coma so your insides could heal. You have a badly broken leg that's going to take awhile to heal. You're a very lucky man. Your windshield shattered into your chest and the glass missed your heart by less than an inch. I know you just woke up but what you're going to need more than anything is rest."

My mom held my hand. She said I was still in Indiana when the accident occurred. I was about three hours from our home in Ohio. She told me to get some rest and she would be back to see me tomorrow.

The next day I was feeling better and a little more alert. Mom told me the car insurance covered the rental car. She contacted my employer and they said I could work out of the house after I was able to leave the hospital. They congratulated me on a job well done on my last assignment. Right now they told me to take care of myself and get well. My sister and brother both came to see me as well as my dad. He would just sit there. He never talked much. Just knowing he was there made me feel good.

The next morning when I woke up a nurse was standing there taking my vital signs. "Hi, Mr. Jones, are you feeling any better?"

"I'm doing better I guess; by the way you can call me Jim. I think I'd prefer that."

"Jim, I thought I should let you know that you kept talking about a Marie in your sleep. You would say, 'Marie, where are you?' or 'Marie, please talk to me, I'm so sorry.' I didn't know if you were aware of it so I thought I'd mention it to you."

I thought of what to say. "She was an old friend; I miss her so much. I guess I was dreaming about her. We lost touch about six months ago."

"We have a nurse on our night shift named Marie. She talked to you a lot while you were in your coma. We're told it helps a lot to talk to people when they are under like that. I'll mention it to her that you called out her name. She probably doesn't know you are out of your coma since she was off yesterday. I'm glad you're doing better. I guess the doctor told you that you tore up your left leg pretty bad and will take a lot of physical therapy to getting you walking correctly."

All I could remember her saying was that Marie worked the night shift. Could it be true? Could it be that this accident brought us back together? I couldn't wait for Marie's shift to start.

I know it almost sounds like a miracle but I've read story after story about two people finding each other again. Could it happen to me? Did I find my Marie after six months of looking?

I was still pretty heavily medicated and slept most of the time. I was woken up by the sound of a pleasant voice saying, "Jim, it's me - Marie. I'm so glad you have come out of your coma."

I woke up and stared at this nice looking, sweet woman. She was the nurse that Nancy, the day shift nurse had mentioned. However, it wasn't my Marie.

"Hi, Jim, you seem to be coming along fine. I'm Marie, the night shift nurse. I've been talking to you every day since you were admitted. To be honest with you it was touch and go for the first two days. I was really worried about you. You had multiple injuries but seem to be healing fine. You get some sleep now and we'll take good care of you."

She gave me my pills and off to sleep I went, wondering what happened to my Marie. My hopes were up but I should have known better. I guess it just wasn't meant to be.

*

The Right Woman Part 2 is written and hopefully will be posted tomorrow.

Thank you for reading my story

Comment are always welcome and appreciated.

DG Hear

DG Hear
DG Hear
5,718 Followers