Firestorm Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Fatality
Fatality
404 Followers

* * * *

The next day began slowly. Micah roamed through the manor and the grounds and soon realized that her room was the only area that was cramped; the rest of the mansion was pure luxury. She loved the simple porcelain tile that covered the floors and the elegant carpet that was laid over the tile. She padded about barefoot, wearing demi shorts and a tank top. She wasn't about to ruin anything expensive if she had to shift in a hurry.

With the vampires asleep, the manor was very quiet. The human security team kept to themselves and stayed mostly inside the security room, which meant she was pretty much alone most of the day. Wolves were instinctively social creatures, and the silence bothered her. She was used to noise and chatter. When the silence became unbearable, she plugged her earphones into her mobile phone and played some of her favourite music. She loved rock since she found so much meaning in the lyrics.

By the time the sun began to set, Micah was utterly bored. She stifled a yawn as she sensed the vampires beginning to stir at last. Who would have thought doing almost nothing all day would be so tiring.

She was heading toward her room when she encountered a group of vampires in the hallway. They blocked her path. The unwelcome hisses didn't faze her. She simply ignored them and was about to walk past when she spotted Caspian.

He looked as sexy as hell, even wearing a simple red shirt and formal pants. His moved so gracefully, it reminded her of a predator stalking its prey.

Micah noted with some satisfaction that the hissing vampires dispersed quickly as Caspian approached. He didn't look that much bigger or more threatening than most of the vampires she'd seen, but they obviously deferred to him. It made her wonder just what it was he'd done to earn such respect.

"Uneventful day?" he asked, frowning as he looked Micah over. "I know werewolves usually hate wearing clothes but could you wear something less revealing?"

Micah shrugged. "If I shifted, I'd rip my clothes to shreds. I can't really afford to do that while I'm here instead of holding down a proper job."

She had come to the manor to fulfill a debt owed by Seth, her Alpha's mate. Caspian had helped Seth bring down a vicious council member that had wanted Kiara's DNA to create an army of mutated humans. To repay his debt of gratitude, Seth had acquiesced when Caspian had asked for a wolf to supplement his security team. Since her new assignment was a long-term arrangement, she'd had no choice but to leave her job. Caspian had agreed to provide for her needs while she was at the manor, but Micah had too much pride to ask for anything, especially money.

When Caspian dug into his pocket and pulled out his wallet to hand her a credit card, Micah felt a mixture of emotions. While Caspian may not know he was her mate, it was a fact that erased any hesitation she might have had about spending his money, especially when she had not asked for it. Caspian had given her the card freely.

"Thanks," she said sincerely as she tucked the card away.

"The arena is this way." Caspian walked past the spiral staircase to a door that Micah knew led to an office, that is, if she had remembered the blueprints correctly. She felt a little surge of satisfaction when Caspian opened the door and it was indeed an office.

Micah was about to ask why they were there when Caspian walked across the office to yet another door. The room that lay beyond wasn't anywhere on the blueprints. Micah rolled her eyes and followed him.

The arena was massive, with everything a student of self-defense could ever need or want. In the center was a large, white mat. From the smell, Micah surmised that the red tinge was blood that had been repeatedly, but never completely, washed off.

Caspian walked over to a set of wooden swords and threw one to her. She hefted the sword, testing its weight and balance. It was solid wood and although it was safer than steel, it could still inflict quite a bit of damage.

"Masters in this art consider themselves to be humble students, constantly striving for perfection because they know they can always execute a cut more cleanly, faster, and with more precision," Caspian said. She had a feeling he'd delivered this particular lecture many times before.

Micah positioned herself in a defensive stance as she watched Caspian's movements, judging his expertise in comparison to her own. He held the sword like it was an extension of his body.

She waited for him to strike first. He moved fast, casting his sword out, aiming for her shoulder.

She moved back and blocked the attack, strengthening her stance so she wouldn't stumble. His attacks continued. His moves were quick, calculated, and powerful.

Micah's greatest assets were her speed and agility. She reacted to each attack with quick counter-attacks of her own. Caspian effortlessly batted away her strikes and kept coming at her, his movements becoming perceptibly faster and more skillful each time. He was steadily escalating his attacks in an obvious attempt to test her limits.

Micah felt anger spark as her counter-attacks missed her target again and again. As her frustration mounted, she began to make mistakes, allowing Caspian to land blows against her hip and shoulder. She ignored the stinging pain and continued to battle him with fierce determination.

"I think that's enough," he finally said some minutes later, not sounding the least affected by the exertion of their battle as he straightened and stopped advancing on her.

It irritated her that she'd been struggling to keep up and that Caspian didn't seemed at all impressed. She hadn't realized until then just how much she had wanted him to appreciate her capability.

Vexed, she ignored Caspian's order and lunged forward, her sword tip aimed squarely at his shoulder. He looked amused as he swung his own sword toward Micah's.

Her sword flew from her hand when Caspian landed a perfect strike against her knuckles. She followed the sword with her eyes to see where it would land and was unprepared for the sudden, almost violent tug that pulled her up against Caspian's sculpted chest.

"Fighting with your emotions riding so high will only serve to get you killed," Caspian said quietly. He had bent down as he spoke, his lips close to her ear.

Micah couldn't help her body's immediate reaction. Her wolf began to howl, eager to claim what was hers. She shivered, overwhelmed by the addictive sensation of having her mate so close. It felt like she was losing control, and that thought sent fear racing through her.

Caspian sensed the mixed emotions that stirred in Micah and was about to release her when he picked up the tantalizing scent of her blood.

He inhaled deeply and found his grip tightening as he took in her scent. She was living, breathing temptation. The soft sigh that escaped her lips had him hungry for more than just her blood.

His lips grazed the sensitive flesh of her neck. She jerked back in surprise but he gripped her tightly to keep her close. He relished the throb of the strong, pounding pulse just beneath her soft skin. Caspian would have given anything to taste her at that very moment.

"Ahem!" Leigh's voice was sharp with disapproval.

The sudden noise in the silent room snapped both Caspian and Micah out of their haze. Caspian pushed her from him like she had burnt him.

Micah stumbled back a step. She was hurt by his abrupt actions, and it made her voice stiff when she spoke.

"If that's all, Lord Caspian, I'll get back to my room."

Caspian's ice-blue eyes softened at the obvious hurt in her tone, but the coldness returned all too soon.

"That will be all for today. Tomorrow, we will resume training until your skills improve to a satisfactory level."

"Yeah," Micah muttered and walked off.

Leigh growled at Caspian, his eyes rimmed with red. He waited impatiently until Micah was out of hearing range before turning to Caspian.

"What the fuck was that?!" He didn't bother hiding any of his rage.

"I need to train her; she wouldn't stand a chance if I don't at least prepare her," Caspian wondered why he felt a need to defend his actions.

"She is a means to an end, Caspian. Don't get attached to the wolf. Remember, you are honour-bound."

"I have not forgotten." Irritation edged his voice. "And if I didn't for a moment remember, cousin, I have you to constantly remind me!"

"Glad to be of service," Leigh joked, more relaxed now that his point had been made. A sudden thought, however, made his face serious again.

"When this is all said and done, she is going to hate you."

"I know," Caspian said solemnly.

Fatality
Fatality
404 Followers
12