Flashback: Cousins Ch. 08

Story Info
The cousins take the affair to the next millenium.
3.4k words
4.37
33.9k
1

Part 7 of the 8 part series

Updated 08/30/2017
Created 01/05/2003
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

New Years Eve, 1999: San Francisco

It was the biggest party night of the Millennium. Literally. I was dressed in a black, strapless evening gown and I was wearing a mask. Actually, everyone was. It was the event of events for the New Year - a masquerade ball.

So there was I was in the poshest hotel in the city surrounded by the best and brightest - minus one. Jake, in his undying love for his business, was hunkered down in San Jose with his employees babysitting the business. He was convinced the Y2K bug was out to get him and he wanted to be the one to squash it.

Naturally I was disappointed that I couldn't spend the big night with my husband, but he was so insistent that he was needed. He persuaded me to go to the ball. And he promised that as soon as we could, we would slip away to the Caymans for a much needed vacation.

There was no shortage of people to accompany me to the party. Most of the wives of couples I knew were being similarly abandoned. We were all married to Software Giants who were more concerned with the roll-over of the calendar than a silly party.

I was determined to have a good time and dressed up in my very best and even had a limo pick me up. As we whisked through the streets of the city and headed for the Bay Bridge, I reflected on my life as I think most people did at this very important juncture.

Jake and I married in the fall of 1993. He didn't see any reason for a long courtship - he was 'madly and passionately' in love with me. I loved him as well - maybe not with the same intensity, but I did love him and he made me happy. The wedding was in Virginia and everyone was there - except Robert.

I was never quite sure why he wasn't able to go, but I figured it was just as well. I didn't go to his either. We were both consumed with jealously.

Anyway, Jake and I honeymooned in the Caribbean and became big fans of snorkeling. We tried to get away at least once a year to do this. We spent another year in New York and Jake decided to move his business to Silicon Valley. It was where the action was. I said I would go along with it as long as we could live in Oakland Hills. He agreed and we moved west.

I was able to transfer to my company's San Francisco office with little difficulty and before I knew it we were settled into a comfortable California life.

Things with Jake were, in a word, calm. He was a hard worker and a loving husband. I put my crazy days with Robert behind me and concentrated on being a good wife. We decided to forgo having children and just concentrate on our careers and each other.

Eight years slipped by and my memories of Robert were largely tucked away. Very rarely did I let myself remember what we did. When I did, it usually got me horny then slightly depressed. I only saw him once after I got married and it was during Thanksgiving. He didn't say much to me as Pamela was with him. It was about a year after Jake and I got married. Of course he looked great like he always did and I had a hard time trying to concentrate on other conversations. Then after that he slipped away and I didn't hear much about him.

It was so weird that after being so madly in love with him, I didn't think of him often.

The limo pulled up in front of the hotel and I walked into the lobby. The place was buzzing with excitement and I was instantly swept up in it. A new Millennium! I showed my invitation, grabbed a mask and made my way into the ballroom.

It was decorated in such a way that it was grand and decadent at the same time. I grabbed a glass of champagne from a tray and took in the sights and sounds before me.

The room was filled with masked partygoers, but it looked like most people were able to find others that they knew. Little groups of three and four were clustered around the bar and tables with food. A few adventurous souls were dancing to mainly 80's music. As the Police boomed over the sound system I felt a little pang of a memory tucked away. I smiled wryly at the fact that the 80's had made a comeback.

I was spotted by some of my contemporaries and was pulled into an excited conversation about this one and that one. I drank a few glasses of champagne and felt the buzz in the room elevate as the seconds ticked away towards midnight. I had to admit, it was pretty exciting.

I did miss Jake, though. He had called right before I left to say that he would be home as soon as he was sure things were going to be ok. It would probably be morning before I saw him. As I told him I loved him, I could hear laughing and the distinct sound of a beer opening. I smiled as I thought they were probably going to have a good time and make the best of it.

I was getting a little tipsy, but it didn't matter. I had a ride home and besides - I was masked!

At five minutes to midnight, the room reached a fever pitch. It had already swung into 2000 in several time zones without any trouble and people felt hopeful and excited. I moved to the edge of the room to steady myself and get ready. For, hopefully, the last time they played Prince's 1999 and I leaned back against the wall and let a few more memories drift over me.

As the song wound down and they began to count down the last minute of 1999, I was aware of someone staring intently at me. I didn't think I knew him, but he was masked and it was dark as they had shut down the lights. There was something familiar about him, but I figured it was one of Jake's software buddies who somehow managed to get out of babysitting.

I diverted my attention when I heard: "10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1!!!!!!!!!"

Suddenly the room was flooded with balloons and confetti. Everyone was hugging and kissing each other. I was wishing Jake was there when I felt two hands grasp my arms. I looked to see who it was but before I knew what was going on, a pair of lips was pressing hard against mine in a kiss that left me breathless.

When at last he pulled away I was too stunned for words. The mask was now off and it was Robert.

Time suddenly stood still then began to reverse. My first (and only?) love stood there before me with such a look of longing on his face. I forgot where I was and threw my arms around him and hugged him tightly. The years melted away and we together again.

Every once in a while I would fantasize about meeting him and what we would do. I always thought it would be strained and subdued since we had not seen each other in a while. But what was going on in that packed room exceeded my expectations. As we embraced so did a hundreds of others. Although most were celebrating the fact they had made it to the new Millennium, Robert and I were erasing the years that had separated us.

He held on to me tightly. At that moment I forgot about everything else and concentrated on his arms around me and his hard body pressed against me. I felt his mouth move to my ear and his voice told me how much he had missed me. A few tears came to my eyes.

"Let's go someplace a little more private. I have to see you and hear you," he murmured.

I broke away from him and led him away to a deserted corridor. We sat in a love seat and faced each other. At last I pulled my mask off and smiled at him.

"God, you're beautiful, Beth," he croaked.

I blushed like I used to and looked down at his hands. Suddenly I noticed he had no wedding band on. I looked up at his face.

"Pamela," was all I said.

"Divorced me three years ago," he said.

"Oh my god, I didn't even know! I'm so sorry!"

He shrugged.

"It was bound to happen, but I don't want to talk about it right now."

I nodded and looked into his blue eyes. He smiled again and that boyish charm returned. He looked great - his blond hair was a little longer and brushed back from his face. My eyes wandered over his body and saw that he was still taking care of it. Again, the memories came rushing back.

"I can't believe we ran into each other here," I said finally. "How did you come to be here?"

"Well, after the divorce I moved back to Pasadena and got a teaching job at Caltech. It was the best thing I ever did. I love it there."

I smiled at him knowing how much academia agreed with him.

"One of my friends from the university invited me up to the Bay Area when he found out I was going to spend New Year's alone. I think he felt sorry for me." He laughed and went on: "He told me that the Who's Who of San Francisco would be at this ball and it would be fun to go. He has friends in high places, I guess."

He looked at me and his face got serious.

"I know about your husband - he's pretty well known at Caltech. I figured he would be here along with you and I wanted to catch a glimpse."

I said nothing and instead looked at him.

"So I went in here and picked you out right away, but I haven't seen your husband."

"He's working - Y2K," I said in a small voice. I was feeling like I needed some air all of a sudden.

"Oh right, of course."

"So you were checking me out all evening?" I asked.

"Yes. I was afraid to approach you. I had no idea how it would go."

I finally raised my eyes to look at him. His hands squeezed mine.

"Beth, I never stopped loving you after all these years. A million times I wanted to contact you, but I figured you were too busy with your life. I didn't want to bring up old...memories."

"That was probably a wise idea," I said. "I've been happily married these last 6 years."

"I know - I kept up with you through my mother." He paused. "You must be very happy."

"I am," I admitted. "It's a good life out here."

I was still buzzing from the champagne and the effects of being kissed by him. It started to stir an old yearning inside me. I tried to push it down, but it was persistent. I realized our hands were still tightly clasped. Then, without warning, the tears came flooding out.

"Beth...what's wrong?" he asked, concerned.

"I - I don't know. It's just-" And then I slumped as big sobs came out of me.

I felt his arms go around to hug me close to him. It was a comforting embrace and I was grateful for it. So many memories and emotions that had been locked away were released and I couldn't hold back any more. I cried on his shoulder as if the world had suddenly ended. His hand rubbed my back and he whispered over and over that it was ok.

"I've missed you so much," I said between sobs. "I never realized it until now."

"I'm right here, my love. I've never been far away."

He held me until I calmed down. At last I pulled away and I pulled some tissues from my purse and wiped my eyes.

"I'm sorry, I don't know what came over me," I murmured.

"It's ok - I totally understand how you feel."

"I think I'm going to go home now," I said, feeling very tired.

"Do you need a ride or something?" he asked as we stood up.

"No, I have a limo. I just need to call him."

I reached in my purse for my cell phone and dialed the number. After I hung up, I wiped my eyes again and looked at him.

"It was good to see you again, Robert," I said.

He looked a little heart-broken, but I needed to go home. I was afraid of what might happen, but I gave him my card anyway.

"Give me a call or an email any time," I said. "Jake and I would love to take you to dinner if you're up this way again."

I heard myself saying those words and it sounded so formal - so forced. He took the card and put it away.

"I'll be in touch. I promise."

He pulled me close and kissed my cheek.

"Happy New Year, Beth."

And then he was gone back down the hall and into the party.

June 2000: San Francisco

By the summer the honeymoon was over and the software industry was taking a big dive. Jake's company was struggling and he was determined to keep it afloat. It put a tremendous strain on us. He was on the road constantly trying to get more funding and win clients. When he was home, he was moody and depressed. I tried my best to soothe him, but he wasn't haven't any of it. I began to just leave him alone and spend my nights on the Internet doing work. The advertising business was still thriving and I always had plenty to do.

The first email from Robert came one night while I was reading the financial news online. Jake was in Phoenix on business and I was pretty bored. As soon as I saw his name come up, my heart skipped a beat. I double-clicked on the subject line and his words appeared on my screen.

Hi cousin:

Sorry I didn't write sooner - I lose track of time when the semester is going on. It was really great to see you on New Year's. You looked great as always. We heard at Caltech that things aren't going so well with Jake's company. I hope things turn around for you. Let me know if I can do anything. Keep in touch...

-Robert

I read it again and hesitated a bit before I clicked 'Reply'.

Robert - Yes, things are not so good, but Jake is determined to pull through this. He's in Phoenix right now trying to land a large client. I hope it turns out ok - he's been a bit edgy.

Glad to have seen you too. Thanks for thinking of me.

Beth

I sent it and went to get a glass of wine. When I came back, my email icon was flashing. Apparently he was online and got my message right away. I opened it and got a very brief message which made my heart flutter:

Are you alone right now?

My screen name is bb64

I went to my instant message program and looked at my very short list of contacts. Before I knew it, I had added his name to it and there he was on my screen.

Adwiz: yes, I'm alone...bb64? Bb64: bridge builder Adwiz: ohhh..hahaha Bb64: i miss you Adwiz: I miss you too... Bb64: i haven't been able to get you out of my mind since new year's Adwiz: I thought you were involved in your semester? Bb64: i lied Adwiz: oh. Bb64: I wish I was there right now holding you close

I sighed and looked at those words for a minute before responding.

Adwiz: I have to admit, I wish you were here too Bb64: god, you are so sexy... Adwiz: blush bb64: I love it when you blush adwiz: you always seem to do it to me! bb64: but I like making you cum even more adwiz: now I'm blushing even more!

I had to laugh. I had never flirted via the Internet before. Leave it to Robert...

bb64: what are you wearing? adwiz: are you serious??? you sound like some high school kid! bb64: maybe I am ;) adwiz: hehehehe bb64: so.... adwiz: so? bb64: what are you wearing? adwiz: a pair of shorts and my sports bra - I was working out earlier bb64: mmmmm...get all sweaty? adwiz: of course bb64: would you do something for me? adwiz: what? bb64: pinch your nipple.

A shudder went through me just then. He was the same old Robert again, just the way of communication changed. I reached up and pinched my nipple through the fabric of my bra and shuddered again.

bb64: did u do it? adwiz: yes... bb64: make them hard for me...pretend I'm sucking them

I leaned back in my chair and rubbed my nipples through the bra, but there was too much material. I hooked it and freed my tightly bound breasts. My nipples responded to the air and began to harden. I pulled on them and remembered how he used to suck and bite them. I shivered. and I couldn't believe what I was doing.

bb64: they're hard now, aren't they? adwiz: yes. bb64: good...now touch your pussy

I reached down and slid my hand in my shorts and my phone rang.

adwiz: shit! phone bb64: ok...

I grabbed my cell phone and saw that it was Jake.

"Hi, honey," I said, trying to compose myself.

"Hi - did I catch you in the middle of something?"

"Oh, just finished working out - a little short of breath."

I felt terrible lying.

"Well, I thought I'd just check in," he said.

"How's it going?"

He let out a deep sigh. "Not good. We haven't been named vendor of choice and I'm not sure we will."

"Oh, I'm sorry, sweetie..."

"I'll figure something out. Anyways, I'm not going to be home until Friday."

It was only Monday.

"That sucks," I said sullenly.

"I know, but I'll be home by noon. Maybe we can drive up the coast for the weekend."

"Ok, that sounds good. Hurry home!"

"I will," and he hung up.

I sighed and put the phone down and looked at my screen.

adwiz: ok, I'm back - it was Jake bb64: everything ok? adwiz: no, I think they are going to lose this sale bb64: sorry to hear that adwiz: and he won't be home until Friday

There was nothing from him for the next couple of minutes.

adwiz: still there? bb64: yeah, just thinking that I may need to go to SF soon adwiz: why is that? business? bb64: yeah, there is a pussy that needs satisfying

I blushed deeply and realized my bra was still open and my pussy was a little moist.

adwiz: you're bad, you know that? bb64: bad to bone bb64: but serious adwiz: I don't think... bb64: why not? you scared? adwiz: well I am married in case you forgot bb64: that never stopped you when I was married

He had a point. I felt a wave of excitement wash over me at the prospect of seeing him again. He had begun to excite me all over again.

adwiz: so you want to come up here? bb64: yes. adwiz: when? bb64: is tomorrow too soon? adwiz: I have to work bb64: don't go in adwiz: but I have to... bb64: no you don't. my semester is done and I need a vacation adwiz: I'll have to check my schedule bb64: Beth - I want to come up there and fuck you silly...fuck the schedule

My face turned a deep red when he typed that.

bb65: and I'll get a hotel so we can be discreet adwiz: um, ok... bb64: having second thoughts?

I took a deep breath and said: fuck it.

adwiz: no - get your sexy ass up here bb64: that's my cousin - let me give you my cell phone number...