Floral Arrangements Ch. 01

Story Info
Will she find love again...with a player?
3.2k words
4.38
16.1k
7
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

A black stiletto went whizzing by Richard's face as he froze to look for his boxers. He frantically searched while crouching low to avoid the picture frame that went crashing into the wall behind him, shattering the glass that held the picture of him and Lauren into tiny sharp fragments. He hurriedly picked up the little black dress that lay crumpled on the floor and found his boxers hiding under them. These boxers were trying to cost him his life he thought. As he rose to put his boxers on, a pillow smacked him square in the face and he heard himself go "oomph," stumbling backwards as if he was hit with a bag of rocks. He had to hurry before Lauren's swift hands could grab a hold of something that could hurt him, you know like a knife or a flamethrower.

"You lying, filthy pig!" she screeched, sobbing as she blindly swiped everything off of the nightstand including his expensive Omega watch along with a glass of water. Richard watched in horror as the water coated his precious watch. It was like a slow torturing movie scene. Lauren's foot came up and stomped on it, the face of the watch crushing under the heel of her ballet flats.

"Oh God!" he cried. Why? Why? WHY? Richard ran to cradle his precious in the palm of his hands, caring more at the moment about his lost possession than the fury his girlfriend was unleashing on him.

This sent Lauren over the edge. She pushed Richard and he fell backward onto the cherry hardwood floor. "Get out of the apartment! Get out, get out, get out!" she screamed. She started to kick him, threatening to stomp on his legs. "Get your ass out of the apartment, I fucking mean it." Oh, Richard believed it. He scrambled up, narrowly missing all the broken glass on the floor while he ran out of the bedroom.

"Baby, baby I'm sorry! Can't we talk about this?" Richard begged. Lauren came storming after him as they brought the fight out of the bedroom and into the living room. She had the man-eater face on, like she was going to devour him and not the good devour. Oh no, Lauren had the face of a scorn woman who was going to boil him, peel his flesh off, and pick her teeth with his bones. He had to give it to her though, his woman was a fiery one.

"I trusted you!" Lauren cried as they stopped in the middle of the living room. A moment of vulnerability flashed on her face. Her long jet-black hair was slightly frazzled in all of her intensity. A strand fell in front of her face and Richard had the urge to push it back. He held back. She would eat his hand if he so much as went near her at this moment.

"I'm sorry baby! She means nothing to me! Nothing! You're my everything. I swear Renny, I swear!" Richard pleaded.

"Don't fucking call me that." Lauren crossed her arms and began to pout. Oh, her lips were so full when she did that. And she was wearing that lip-gloss with the plumping action stuff laced with snake venom, Botox, or whatever it was. Richard's shivered slightly at the sight of her lips. To think, he was between her legs not fifteen minutes ago sucking on those lips and now she was about to grind his ass and feed it to alligators.

"I'm through with your lying and your cheating mother-fucking ways. I don't want to see you anymore, don't call me anymore, don't text, or email. We're through." Lauren said as she emphasized the last word. Her right eyebrow heightened as a signal for him to leave within the next 2.5 seconds.

Richard sighed, "Alright baby. I'll leave you alone. We need to talk about this though. I don't want to give you up. I promise it won't happen again. I love you Renny." He searched for signs of hope in her face. Nope. She was stone cold.

"If you loved me, you would not have hurt me Rich." That shut Richard up.

Moments later, after Richard grabbed some essential things while Lauren followed him around the apartment continuing to unleash her anger at him, he got into his car and drove off to his friend's house. Lauren watched him from the bedroom window, her chest heaving slightly from all the exertion. Her bottom lip quivered as her eyes followed his car driving off and turning right out of the parking lot. That was going to be the last man who ever cheated on her. She reached up to pull her long hair by their roots. Clenching her hair, she let out a long frustrated groan, pulling hard and letting go before she could permanently make herself bald. She turned away from the window and flopped her body onto the messy bed.

Lauren decided that she hated men at that moment. She buried her face deep into the mattress. It smelled like sex, Richard and her having sex. She stilled her body as she let the scent creep into her. Hot searing tears formed behind her closed eyes and instantly soaked the sheets. She felt used and dirty. Richard was fucking her on this bed before she went Emily Rose exorcist on him. She was on all fours panting like she was a weak, pleasure driven creature while he had one hand pushing her back down towards the mattress and one hand holding her hips up as he was drilling her from behind. Just as she was about to come, his cell phone had rang and it was right next to her face. The screen had read: I loved your cock in my mouth last night, I bet Lauren gags at your length. Lol. Hit me up tonight? – Lacy. Lauren had read it all. Of course Richard didn't realize what was going on until after he had came in her and collapsed over her back just in time to read the text too.

Now Lauren was utterly alone in their apartment smelling the copulating scent of them together while her old life lay in broken pieces around her. Richard probably didn't even go to his friend's place. He probably went to the little cocksucker's place to have another adulterous rendezvous behind her back. She silently began to tremble in anger inside. This was making her feel sick. She had to calm down. All of this was going to make her skin break out. She slid her arms up and laid her palms flat on the mattress to push herself up and off of the bed. Her neurosis was kicking in and she couldn't just leave her bedroom a mess even though the last thing she wanted to do was clean up.

Sunlight streamed into Lauren's puffy eyes, stinging her as she slowly opened them. God, when had she fallen asleep last night? She went absolutely nuts. She deep cleaned her entire apartment while listening to her "emo" playlist on iTunes, reorganized her closet, ate a whole pint of Pistachio- Pistachio Ben and Jerry's ice cream, neatly folded all of Richard's clothes, then kicked the pile over and sobbed before she decided to fold it again. She gathered all of his belongings into boxes and when she was done, half of the stuff in the apartment was boxed up and pushed against the wall next to the front door.

Richard was her first confessed love. They had been dating for about a year and a half after meeting through a mutual friend. He was three years older than her and at 28 he was almost done with medical school. Lauren's parents loved him. He was the "good" Chinese boy who was going to be a doctor and provide their daughter as well as they did with a lot of money and good fortune. Well, they're going to be disappointed that she wasn't going to be Mrs. Richard Chan. She'll never hear the end of it. No other boyfriend will ever compare in their eyes unless she finds some kind of neurosurgeon.

Lauren pushed the thought of her parents out of her head. She was going to go to the shop. She had already called and texted her best friend and business partner Jamie about the break up. Jamie urged Lauren to stay home and she would "hold down the fort" but Lauren would die before she allowed herself to start reorganizing things in her apartment again. The kitchen cabinets do look tempting. Lauren looked at the clock. She was going to be late.

An hour later, Lauren rushed out of her apartment as she texted Richard to come by later today to pick his stuff up when she wasn't there. The last thing she needed was to see his puppy dogface and hear him beg her to take him back.

The morning was crisp and clear in San Diego. Although it was in the middle of January, it was probably just around 70 degrees. Lauren got into her cute reliable Lexus that would never cheat on her or let her down and began to make her way downtown to her flower boutique which she co-owned with Jamie. Her and Jamie owned Flower Child Floral Arrangements, which they opened together for over two years now. They broke even about a year ago. Their shop was doing really well but they had been arranging flowers since college, doing weddings, birthdays, anniversaries, and proms for friends and family. They decided to take their talents and invest in a business adventure and now they had a successful shop that not only does events, but also sells fresh flowers daily and even delivers sometimes. They had a website that was maintained by the marketing whiz, Jamie. Lauren was the creative one who also was an organizational freak. They worked well together like a well-oiled machine.

Lauren walked into the shop and was bombarded by Jamie who shoved a large non-fat Vanilla Latte into her hand and pulled her into the back warehouse. "Ow! You're acting crazy Jamie!" Lauren cried as Jamie pushed her back into one of the office chairs in their kitchenette.

"No, you were acting crazy last night!" Jamie held one slender finger in front of Lauren's face and accusingly asked her "Tell me, was Pistachio-Pistachio involved last night?" Lauren nodded. "John Mayer?" Lauren looked down into her lap like she was a child. "Oh God, I bet you even reorganized your colored pencils!"

Lauren laughed. "Okay, I didn't go that crazy!"

"Good God Lauren! I bet you would've if you hadn't passed out on an ice cream overdose! That bastard Richard!" Jamie now held her finger out like she was Sherlock Holmes and said, "Just as I suspected! I always knew he was a lying cheater who bangs sluts on the side!"

Jamie's over enthusiasm slightly pained Lauren but she knew Jamie was just being Jamie. Lauren slumped in her chair and sighed, running her right hand through her hair. "You know what though? At least it wasn't longer than two years."

"Yep, at least you're young and you guys weren't together for like 80 years." Jamie said thoughtfully. "Well anyways, now that you're a single lady..." Jamie trailed off in a high note.

"I can go on a fuck spree." Lauren finished lamely. Fuck spree? She didn't even want to THINK about men right now.

"Not quite what I was thinking," Jamie said. "More like, focus on you. You know, get a dog, cut your hair, do some yoga classes. Things all scorn ex-girlfriends do." She looked pitifully at Lauren.

"Don't give me that look!" Lauren choked. The last thing she needed was people pitying her. She bit her lip to fight back sob session part two.

Instinctively Jamie pulled Lauren in for a hug. "Oh baby girl," Jamie cooed. "You'll get through it," she said as she smoothed down Lauren's hair.

Lauren sniffed as she pulled away from her friend. "I know. It just hurts you know? Part of me feels like I want to just move on and the other part is still in denial that he would ever do that to me." Both women paused for a couple of seconds, staring at each other.

Jamie broke the silence with a reality check. "But, he did cheat on you." She searched Lauren's face for any sign of agreement. She pressed on, "Oh God, Laur! Please don't tell me you're going to go back to him!"

"HELL NO!" Lauren barked at Jamie. She'll be damned if she was one of those girls. Weak, desperate, and too forgiving. Lauren could feel the anger start to rise. She quickly changed the subject before she effectively ruined the rest of her day. "Let's get busy. Fill me in on the website orders."

"Well," Jamie started to say as she walked over to her desk to pull up her calendar on her Mac. "We have a request for a meeting. I have a call back number here." Jamie wrote down the number on a post it note and handed it to Lauren who went over to her large scheduling white board to write it down.

"Let's see, today we have a birthday bouquet, a baby shower centerpiece, and...ulgh," Lauren frowned when she saw the last order on the board for today.

"What is it?" Jamie asked without looking up while typing furiously at her computer.

"It's Mr. Tap-it-and-leave-it-flowers a.k.a. Davis."

"Oooh, Mr. Heartbreaker strikes again!" giggled Jamie, still multitasking. She was good at that. Lauren was the one-minded person who could only do one thing at one time. Jamie could have a deep conversation with Lauren, type up a college paper, and paint her nails at the same time.

Davis was a very wealthy client who ordered flower arrangements from them almost twice a month, sometimes three times a month. He always ordered very elaborate, beautiful pieces that Lauren had made herself. However, these pieces weren't for his wife or mom, they were break up pieces. He always ordered notes to go with them that said "It was nice while it lasted. – Davis" and these bouquets went to tons of woman all around San Diego.

"Asshole," Lauren grumbled as she set out her tools for the day. If it weren't for the fact that he was their best costumer, she would just tell the player herself that she wouldn't accept anymore of his business. All those unsuspecting women! They probably think everything is perfect, they found a rich handsome man who sexes them up for a week or so. Then bam! Lauren's flower delivery boy, Aaron shows up at their door with one of Lauren's beautiful creations and everything comes crashing down on them. Used and discarded. Just like Lauren. Oh, too personal Lauren, she thought. It's not like Davis has anything to do with her or the fact that Richard cheated on her. She groaned to herself. She needed some kind of outlet for all this anger.

Just as Lauren was finishing up the Davis bouquet the phone rang. Lauren picked it up. "Flower Child Floral Arrangements, this is Lauren speaking."

"Hello, this is Marjory Banks from Davis and Wollensky Law. My employer would like to order his usual floral arrangement," a polite voice said on the other line.

Oh great, Davis again. Lauren was just finishing one of his arrangements! She was instantly irritated for no reason. She tried to put on her professional voice. "Hi Marjory, I'm just finishing his order. I'll have my delivery man send it A.S.A.P."

"Oh, no Lauren, Mr. Davis wants to order a new one."

What? Two in one day? Lauren scoffed. This asshole was seeing two women at once and now he's ending the relationships at the same time? Thoughts of Richard and Lacy clouded her mind. Lauren could feel the anger boiling over.

"You know what, tell your boss to shove it! Woman deserve better than him! My flowers deserve better than to be break up flowers! I won't stand for it!" and with that, Lauren slammed the phone down.

Jamie now was staring at Lauren who just single handedly told off their biggest client. "Are you crazy?!" Jamie shouted at her. "Who cares if the prick wants to chase every piece of tail in the greater San Diego! As long as we make money!"

Jamie buried her face in her hands and let out a long frustrated groan. "God, I know Jamie, don't remind me. I don't know what came over me!"

"You better call Davis's secretary back before she lets her boss know what you just said, grovel for forgiveness, and give the man a free floral arrangement," said Jamie, shoving a phone in Lauren's hand.

Lauren's pride stood firmly as she debated. She knew she had to call and apologize. Silently kicking herself, she went to find the callback number. However, before she could call Marjory back, the phone rang in her hand. She pushed the accept button. "Flower Child Floral Arrangements, this is Lauren speaking," she said as politely as she could.

"Why, hello," a smooth manly voice said on the other side. "This is James Davis. I wanted to personally give you a call to inquire why you're refusing your services."

Oh great, Lauren thought. Well here goes nothing. "Oh, Mr. Davis. You know what, I'm terribly, deeply sorry! I don't know what came over me. I don't want to lose you as a costumer. I can offer you a free floral arrangement. I just need a name and address." She fumbled around for a post it note and pen.

Davis chuckled and said in a deep sexy tone, "Well, what if I don't want a free floral arrangement?"

Chills ran down Lauren's spine at the sound of his voice. She silently willed herself to endure the weird telephone conversation. This man was toying with her! How is she supposed to respond to this?

"I'll give you a month's worth of free floral arrangements and I'll throw in two dozen red roses to anyone you choose. I'm just having a really hard day and I apologize for taking it out on you and your secretary." Now she was just begging.

"I'll make you a deal. Have dinner with me tonight and we'll see if I'll continue doing business with you," said Davis.

The nerve of this man! Is this how he seduces women? Lauren really didn't know how to respond to any of this. "I don't know," she replied hesitantly. She just broke up with Richard yesterday.

"Now Lauren, this is purely business," he reassured her. "How could I want to go on an intimate date with you? I hardly know who you are or what you look like. Besides, you do want to keep me as a costumer right?"

"Of course!" Lauren said.

"Then I'll come by your shop at 8 tonight," Davis said swiftly. "And, maybe it will be for pleasure," he added huskily. He hung up the phone before Lauren could respond to that.

What in the world just happened? Oh God, she just unknowingly accepted a date with the most notorious playboy in San Diego! What she didn't know was that earlier that day, Jamie had posted profile pictures of Lauren and herself on their business website. James Davis had decided to check out the website before he called. He knew what she looked like and he liked what he saw.