Fluffy's Futures: Cara Ch. 03

Story Info
Birthday parties and first kisses.
3.4k words
4.56
18.6k
00

Part 3 of the 12 part series

Updated 08/30/2017
Created 01/30/2005
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Vixandra
Vixandra
44 Followers

I pulled the map that had been delivered to me at work hours earlier out at a stop light- almost there, I thought, noting the street names, glad they were in English as well as Kanji. I ended up being about ten minuets early, so I used the time to slip out of the bike suit and check the plaits in my skirt. Once everything fell right and I was comfortable, I rang the bell to the large house. A man I didn't know answered the door with a "who the hell are you" look on his face.

Smiling, I bowed. "Hello, I'm Sarashimi Cara! Samu-kun invited me for the twins' birthday party." I held the presents I'd picked up for the girls before me like a proclamation giving me permission to be there.

The man grunted at me and turned to let me in. He headed off down a hall way and for lack of a better idea, I followed him. The house felt like a museum, pieces of art encased in glass in nooks all around. Deeper into the house though, there were more personal touches, hints of the man who lived within.

The grunter lead me to a room decked out with pink and blue streamers, a pair of pretty thrones just the right size for the nine year olds perched in them and other such party decorations. I thanked the grunter politely and found my way over Samu.

He wore a pair of black slacks and a shirt that was almost the same hue as mine. I smiled up at him from my 1 inch heels. "Hey, looks like we shopped at the same store."

"Cara, thanks for coming," Samu said with a smile that lit up his entire face, changing it into something more handsome then before. I hadn't seen it the night before in the dim bar but here, in the light, the sheer force of his personality, his good nature, made him look like more then could be caught in a picture. "These parties are kind of dull- pin the tail on the donkey isn't my idea of high fun."

"There are worse things," I said with a smile. "Could be stuck cleaning toilets- that's worse."

He looked at me quizzically. "That's an interesting way of looking at it. I suppose its right. Well lets introduce you to everyone."

I was introduced to the twins, Touhu and Taru Kiribyashi, their parents, Don and Maki, then to a few other relatives from around the area, ending with saying hello to Dan Tamagushi.

Bowing deeply, I greeted him. He took my hands in his and smiled at me, eyes on my cleavage instead of my face. Guess that push up bra was really working. "Its so good of you to come, miss Sarashimi. I assume you had no trouble finding my humble home?"

"None at all," I said, face a polite mask. Humble my rear end, I thought with an inner sigh. "You've a very lovely home."

"Amazing what money can buy," Dan said with a smirk that seemed to imply it could buy other things as well. Then Touhu and Taru mobbed their uncle- apparently maternal from my research though I didn't ask. Would be rude to pry into something not my business.

The twins were the focus of the rest of the evening, climbing all over Dan and Samu, then over me by default. They were identical twins except Touhu wore a pretty pink party dress and Taru wore jeans and a blue blouse. They seemed pleased with the gifts I'd brought- a stationary set for Touhu and a pocket video game for Taru.

They were quite cute but I was glad when they were put to bed in one of the house's many guest rooms around 9:30. Too much cake and ice cream for both of them. Once the kiddies were in bed, Dan broke out the sake. I drank a tiny little bit before stopping, pleading that I had to drive home and didn't want to wreck my bike.

As the evening progressed into night, Dan, his cousin and her husband progressed in their levels of blood alcohol. They were singing and falling over one another before 11, a rather strange thing for a hanyu- even a weak hanyu. Must be he didn't get the blood filters I did, or perhaps he just couldn't hold his liquor. I'd have to ask Meele about that later on.

Samu and I retired to a Zen garden behind the house. It was a very spacious yard for residential Japan. The garden more then the house spoke of money to burn.

I held a coke in my hands, my breath slightly frosting in the midnight air. "So how long have you been working for Dan?"

"I started when I was 24, I'm 27, so about three years now," Samu said after thinking for a moment. "Some of the guys lower in the um, company, said I was nuts for coming to work under Danny but its been a great experience."

His voice as he reminisced captured my attention, taking me away from my study of the area's buildings. I looked at him intently as he stared up at the sky and went on.

"Danny's a bit strange- can live through things that would have killed a normal man. Also tends to be a bit of a womanizer, but that's okay in the end I guess. Most of the women after him aren't looking for someone to call their own. And he certainly isn't looking for someone to come home to at night. Guess it evens out."

"Not in the middle of the night when you're alone in a bed of your own making," I whispered, barely loud enough to be heard. There was something about Samu that made me want this to be more then a simple job, more then just an assassination. And that desire alone, or rather the realization of it, put my hackles up. I stepped back from Samu's side, where I'd huddled for warmth.

He looked down at me, eyes unfathomable in the starlight. "You sound as if you've made a mistake or two before."

"No one's perfect," I said with a grin I knew didn't reach my eyes. "There are more things in Heaven and Earth dear Horatio then you or I shall ever know."

"Shakespeare," he said, chuckling. "I take it you're well read?"

"I grew up for a few years in America with my father and his family before returning to Japan with my mother when they divorced." The lie slipped easily off of my tongue though my conscience panged at it. Why was it bothering me to lie to him? I couldn't answer that question as I went on with my tale. "Mom later remarried, and I ended up moving in with Uncle Masahiro when he decided to move to the city. We all, the family, figured it was a good launching platform for me to take the last few courses I need for my degree, get a job and perhaps, at least as far as my mother's concerned, find a good Japanese husband."

"So you're looking for a husband?" Samu asked, his voice slightly hopeful.

"Not actively," I said with a light laugh. "But I'm not adverse to the idea either."

"That's comforting," Samu said with a sigh. "I was afraid you were going to ask for a ring or something?"

"On the first date," I said, prancing away a step to look up at him incredulously. "Surely you jest- a woman of social standing does not do such things!"

Laughing, he took a step, closing the space between us. "Lets just say, once bitten twice shy- I'm not looking for a wife."

"Works for me- I'm too young to get married anyway," I said with a saucy grin and a toss of my head. The motion brought my face very close to his. I could feel a blush creep over my skin, blazingly hot in the moonlight. Samu froze with the sudden awareness of how close we were.

"Would I be terribly forward if I kissed you," he asked, ever the gentleman.

"I would think it a missed opportunity if you did not," I replied in a whisper.

"Good," he said before putting words to action and kissing me gently. I let him lead the kiss, playing the relatively innocent country girl with ease. He pulled away from the kiss first, leaving me slightly dazzled in the starlight.

"You taste like fire and vanilla," he whispered, lips still close enough to mine I could feel it.

"I take it that's a good thing?" My voice was breathy, shaken.

"Yes, a very good thing," he replied, not sounding that different then I.

A grandfather clock inside the house tolled the midnight hour.

"Its midnight," I said, realizing now my hands were on his shoulders, my body close to his.

"The witching hour," Samu answered. "Have you bewitched me, Cara?"

"Only as much as you have bewitched me," I told him, stepping away. "I should get going home- Uncle Masahiro will be worried that I'm out so late."

"I'll walk you to your bike," Samu said, taking a step back himself.

I made my good byes to Danny and his passed out family. Danny hiccupped at me happily, waving a bottle with barely a cup of sake left in it. I bowed respectfully before following Samu outside to the front drive.

I slipped into my jump suit, bouncing around a bit to warm it up after I exchanged my heels for bike boots.

"How did you get this bike," he asked walking around my little speed demon. Harley's weren't unknown in Japan but one like mine was quite rare.

"Worked my tail off for it while I was stateside and had it shipped here," I told him, which was essentially true. I had worked hard for the bike- for about three hours total. Easy kill, that one had been. Something told me this wouldn't be anything like that one.

The reason for that watched me intently as I straddled the bike and kick started it, gunning the engine for a moment before letting it purr into idle. I looked up at him from the bike's seat.

"So when are we going to see each other again," I asked with a teasing smile.

"How about Friday- there's a new movie opening at a theater in Iruma. Ever heard of Inuyasha?"

I about melted in my seat. One of my favorite things was Japanese animation art, be it manga- comics or anime- cartoons. "It'll be the fourth movie right? Oh, I can't wait- Friday's opening night?"

"Yes," he said, sounding surprised. "Always nice to find another otaku."

"We're everywhere you know," I said with a salute. "Well the time has come for me to go- where do you want me to meet you Friday?"

"We can catch the 7 o'clock show of Inuyasha, so I'll pick you up around 5:30 so we can grab a bite to eat first," he told me after a moment's thought. "Sound good?"

"Very," I said, genuinely excited. "I work till 5 so I'll meet you in front of the Bic Pic at 5:30. I can change there in our employee locker room."

"It's a date then," Samu nodded. "I'll see you then."

"Till then," I said, waving. I shifted into first and roared out of the drive way onto the almost empty streets.

Meele was awake reading yet another manga when I came in, shucking my boots and heels at the front door.

"So, how did things go," he asked, laying the book aside.

"Wonderfully," I said, knowing my cheeks were flushed, eyes were sparkling. "Danny'll be an easy mark I think, once I get everything laid out according to plan and figure out which other Yokuza faction to blame the hit on. His bosses don't want it traced back to them, even by suspicion. I'm worried about Samu though- he could make or break everything."

"And you like him," Meele said, voicing aloud what I had not. I looked at him startled. "Surely you don't think I let you go into the enemy's home unwatched? I was there- I saw and heard the whole conversation. I can't remember the last time you blushed without meaning to."

That statement made me blush yet again, heat flooding my face. "That wasn't very nice of you- I can take care of myself."

"I have always watched over you, Cara," Meele said with a fleetingly sad smile. "You are the last of my family, the only one besides me and your mother left. You are our hope for a future generation, our genes to be carried on. Of course I watch over you."

It wasn't the first time he'd talked about me being related to him, though he'd refused to say how. It was an old argument, not worth messing with at this time. So instead, I sat down next to Meele and hugged him, settling into his arms. "I know you do, Meele, and I do appreciate it."

"I know, Cara, who is not yukoi but is not human." He stroked my hair back as he spoke softly, his voice lyrical. I fell asleep listening to him murmur about how things would be fixed one day and my rightful place be retaken. I didn't know what he meant by that, didn't care honestly. Life was pretty good the way it was.

Friday was clear and beautiful, the rains of the night before leaving the city of Tachikawa clean and fresh. Well, as fresh as it can get with so many people running through it on a daily basis.

We were slammed that afternoon, parents buying their children "good grades" presents, kids spending their allowances and the standard adults drooling over mecha models.

I bowed slightly to an elderly Japanese couple as they left, calling "have a wonderful day" as they left. I shot a glance at my watch- 5 o'clock. Time to change and get ready for Samu.

I checked out with my floor leader, clocked out in the lounge and grabbed my duffle bag to change. I slipped into a pair of white jeans with crimson lacing up the sides, matching boots and a dressy shirt in white with poet sleeves. Crimson lace coated the cuffs and ran along the bust lines. My hair was left down, dark brown with the occasional crimson highlight. I darkened my mascara, added a bit of eye shadow, some lipstick and I was ready to go with a few moments to spare. I stowed my duffle bag in my locker and picked up my black leather jacket in the process.

I whirled around in front of a full length mirror with a smile. I looked good and I knew it.

At 5:29 I was downstairs and Samu drove up a moment later, his RX7 purring in the street. I slid in next to him before he could get out. Traffic around us was starting to move again as I buckled up.

"Hi, Samu, how you doing?"

"Much better now," he said, casting a glance at me. "You?"

"Bout the same," I answered with a grin. "So where we going to eat?"

"You like Yakiniku style?"

"Um…" I stalled for a moment. I had no idea what that meant, hadn't seen it in any of my cultural studies or back ground research. "I'm sure I can find something there I like."

"As long as you eat beef, you'll be okay," Samu said with a laugh, as if I'd been coy. I'd let him think that as long as it kept me out of trouble. Coy was better then ignorant or worse- having my cover blown.

"In that case I'll be fine," I said with a giggle, thankful.

The afternoon was surprisingly clear, a bit windy, making me glad I'd chosen jeans instead of a skirt. It would be getting much colder later in the evening. But the sky was clear and I was in good spirits as we roared up Route 16 in Samu's tiny car.

He pulled into a restaurant with an already crowded parking lot, even though it was only 6. The building was a typical mix of Japanese style and Western flare blended harmoniously together. We stepped inside and the scent of freshly cooking beef, udon and gyoza filled my nose.

"This smells wonderful," I said with a happy sigh.

"And its all you can eat," Samu added with a grin.

"My kind of place," I noted with a smile. I stood quietly as he paid for both of us, planning to get the movie tickets later on. I was only partly Japanese and held the belief that a man shouldn't have to pay for everything on a date. Just wasn't fair.

A hostess escorted us to a table set with a grill in the middle, handed us a pair of tongs, bowed and went on her way. I looked at the table and then at Samu, hoping he'd take the lead so I could follow. I felt rather lost, a rarity for me.

Samu obliged me, taking my hand and leading me to a row of plates, trays and the main item- food. Platters of raw meat sat in a three tiered open refrigerator, ready to be picked and cooked. Samu took some from a couple of different trays. I stuck mainly to the identifiable red meat, not trusting the pale white meat. I wasn't big on squid, and I suspected that's what the slimy stuff was.

After gathering my raw food, a glass of Coke and some veggies to munch on while the meat cooked, I sat down in the booth across from Samu.

We talked of trivial things, how he grew up, how long I'd been living with my "uncle" and such nonsense. Typical humans getting to know one another, I mused to myself as I ate. I could already smell that he was from a rural area, just by the way his body smelled. Could see it in the way he carried himself, could hear it in his voice as he talked to me.

Perhaps if things were different… I pushed the thought from my mind as I laughed at a joke, my laughter bittersweet.

"What's wrong- you look so serious all of a sudden."

I looked at Samu and sighed inside, though a smile was on my lips, my eyes carefully blank. "Just a memory of things long past… its nothing that can make any difference now. Funny how the world works out sometimes, isn't it? What was once up is now down and vice versa."

"Philosophical, aren't you?" Samu asked.

"Occasionally," I said, slurping up my udon with a practiced ease. "I am many things and many things are me."

"So I see," Samu said, studying me carefully, a new light in his eyes. Almost as if he'd see right through my eyes into something deeper.

Looking away I studied the meat browning on the grill before me. "You study me as if there's more to me then meets the eye."

"I'm sure there is," he said, the surety in his voice shaking me.

Why was I so bloody nervous? There was no way he could know me for what I truly am, half demon half human. What else could he be searching for so deeply in my eyes. For loss of a better tactic, I asked a bit bluntly. "What are you looking for?"

"I look for many things," Samu said, tilting his head to one side in thought. "You're like a book, occasional pages open, shown to the outside while the rest are a mystery. Until you open the book to that page, then exploring it line by line till you understand it."

"You make me sound like classical literature," I said laughing. "As if I'm some great work of art to be studied by scholars."

"Perhaps you are," he said, catching my face in his hand. He ran his fingertips over my jaw, gently, caressingly.

I caught my breath, felt my cheeks grow warm as I whispered, "I am simply me, nothing more and nothing less. Just me, Cara."

"I know," he said. "But there is little simple and nothing less about you, Sarashimi Cara. Nothing simple indeed."

"Thank you," I managed to choke out. "I think."

Yup, I was in trouble yet didn't seem to mind too much at all.

Vixandra
Vixandra
44 Followers