Fluffy's Futures: Cara Ch. 11

Story Info
A real reason to kill; the Boticelli blessing bearer.
3.2k words
4.69
7.7k
00

Part 11 of the 12 part series

Updated 08/30/2017
Created 01/30/2005
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Vixandra
Vixandra
44 Followers

It was only after I'd walked up to the dais of the Counsel that I realized that coming here carrying the bloodied child of one of the council members and in full yukoi form, might not have been one of my brighter ideas. From the threats being howled from the Fire Clan's section of the arena, I'd say they thought I was less then bright too. Least I'd washed the blood off myself that hadn't evaporated away.

Akihito looked up from my shoulder where he'd buried his face during the transport spell to protect himself from the harsh winds that accompany it. "Why are they all staring at us?"

"I think they though you were dead," I whispered back. "And maybe I killed you."

The little boy looked at me, clearly puzzled. "But I'm not dead."

"Minor detail. You're covered in wounds- who's to say I didn't cause them?"

"It does not smell like your work," a small, feminine voice said from the right of the dais. Tama-chan, the nameless ruler of the Soul Clan turned those large, iris-less eyes on Akihito and I, her face unreadable. "Though you are correct in your assumption that others might think so, Inu Cara. What brings you here in such a state as this, dog?"

"Momi-chan," Akihito said with a smile though his eyes were still shadowed with pain and worry, I guess for her. "Cara-san saved me from a Teashioni that seemed rather bent on killing me. She hacked it to pieces, even though it could have killed her and me both. I owe her my life and you know that is not a light debt."

"No light debt indeed," Momi said, her diction a bit on the archaic side. As if she were speaking Japanese from Shakespearian times, a rarity in modern Japan. "And why, pray tell, were you in such a place that she could save you, Akihito-kun?"

"That's something we'll talk about later," Dokkasomaru said from his council chair. "Mokuka, if you would take our son please, we can continue with this meeting. He does not need to see what has been found."

"What did you find," Akihito asked, echoing my own thoughts.

"Nothing for your eyes," a woman said as she came up to us from the Fire Clan's bleachers. It had to be Akihito's mother, Mokuka, if only because they looked so alike. Mokuka was delicately formed, heart shaped face framed by some of the most unusual hair I'd ever seen. Akihito had told me she was a Priestess of the Great Flame, a high standing miko that few dared to challenge even among yukoi known for flame abilities. Like the clan's sacred fire, her hair flowed from her head in a reverse flame, yellow at the roots, turning orange around her ears for about two feet and the rest of her thigh-length hair was the crimson of a hot flame, dangerous to the touch in more then just appearance. Most of her body was hidden by the Fire tribe's seemingly customary blue cloak, hers edged in bands like her hair instead of the flames that licked up Akihito and Dokkasomaru's. A yellow skirt and mid-riff baring top edged in red and orange plus a pair of coal black boots completed her clothing. Spiffy.

She held her arms out for her son and I smiled as I handed him over. "I think his ankle's badly sprained if not broken. Its got ice on it now but its melting fast."

"Thank you," she said, her voice gentle and soft. Mokuka smiled at her child and then at me. "The Fire Clan will not forget what you have done this night. My husband and I thank you for care and the battle you fought for Akihito, Inu Cara. You are welcome among the Fire Clan, daughter of the Moon Clan. You and Meele should join us for dinner at some point."

After giving her invitation, before I could say anything, Mokuka walked off, carrying Akihito as if he weighed nothing at all. I looked to Meele, standing beside my mother on the dais like her attendant. He nodded to me and I turned back to Mokuka, speaking as she set Akihito down among his people. "We would be honored to accept your hospitality."

"A civil tongue to go with her supposed warrior's blade, how surprising," a voice from the Moon Clan's bleachers said. "I find that laughable." Why is it that the bad guys, or gals in this case, always heal faster? Shimori, the ice cat who'd torn me up so nicely, was alive and well, standing there glaring at me seemingly fit as the proverbial fiddle. Wish she sounded as nice. "She's not even strong enough to take a kill that's hers."

Instead of glaring back, I pulled at that curl of magic I'd wrapped around her heart, bringing her to her knees in a crushing, fiery pain she could not escape, howls and screeches of agony erupting from her mouth. I knew from experience that that little curl of magic felt like a heart attack crushing her chest. It wouldn't kill her but few things could hurt more without slicing her limbs off. After a moment, I released her, stopping the pain that wracked her body. "Anymore smart-ass remarks, Shimori? I own your heart now, so please, either give me a reason to shred it or shut the fuck up."

A glare was the only answer I got from her before she crept back into the bleachers. Yukio, her elder brother, hissed at me but said nothing. Some nights that's all you ask for.

"If you're done with the theatrics," Tama-chan said with a wave of her hand. "I have something that to speak with the joint counsel about, Inu Cara."

I nodded to Tama-chan. "Of course, I shall take a seat with my clan."

The violet haired girl smiled at me and walked to the center of the room as I took a seat hastily cleared for me on the bottom of the Moon Clan's bleachers. I watched Tama-chan point to her throat for a moment before speaking again, her voice carrying through the room as if she were only five feet away from any given person. Nice trick.

"I have received a report of a rouge hanyu this night," she said, carefully not looking at me. "A creature of vile tastes and past times. Rather then tell you what I have discovered I shall show you from the vantage point of one of my own, one of the Spirit Clan what this monster has done. For their own sanity, I have blocked the senses of those under age in here. This is not for their knowledge."

Thunder rumbled through the room as she clapped her hands, a sphere of swirling images growing between them as they spread wider and wider. The sphere grew to fill the center of the arena as she poured her power into for all to see. "This is from the eyes of young girl of my clan. It shall be obvious by the end of this why she is not here tonight."

Darkness.

The fluttering of eyes one feels as one awakens. The girl's hands as she rubbed sleep from her eyes, a sudden gasp of fear with the realization that some of the shadows are moving.

Screams building in her throat as someone reaches from the darkness for her, a hand that's obviously a man's but almost dainty due to its small size, though to the girl it appears huge.

That hand, roughly yanking the bedding away from her body, her eyes following the flying coverlet, showing a thin cotton nightgown, its color indistinguishable in the dim light flowing from the window. A street lamp outside gives enough light to cast her attacker in shadows.

The hand clamps on her throat, fingers tight, the second hand bearing sharp claws that shred the cotton nightgown.

The girl's cries of horror, pain... mindless terror and agony....

His face, a glimpse of it in the street lamp's meager offering... a face I knew....

I had tears in my eyes, fueled by sorrow and anger. Sorrow over what the girl had gone through at the hands of that man and anger because I recognized him. I knew who had raped the girl. Perhaps girl was the wrong term but she was so much younger then I and so defenseless.

Tama pulled the sphere back into herself, skin aglow with power, her eyes dry of tears but overflowing with a closely held rage. "If this creature is not dead and at my feet by New Year's day, I shall personally wreck havoc through his clan, every single one of them. I have been forbidden from hunting him myself due to the counsel and my foster mother's wishes," she added with a angry look at Mokuka. The woman shrugged and Tama went on. "A reward shall be paid for the killer of the one who did this."

"You cannot make our people assassins," Marika growled from the dais.

"I can and will, Marika," the girl shot back, turning that rage on my mother. "And you're not enough to stop me, are you, Mari-chan? Come, challenge me over this, I would love the second counsel seat!"

Before Marika could speak, Dokkasomaru intervened, "You would have to defeat me first, child, then Kanoko-san, and that will not be tonight. Stand down, Spirit Clan leader."

Tama shot a baleful glare at Dokkasomaru but returned to her seat with a parting shot. "I will give a substantial reward to whom ever kills this creature and brings him to me. You cannot stop another counsel member from doing that."

"Indeed you cannot, Marika-san," Meele said from behind my mother. He leaned forward to whisper in her ear for a moment. Her eyes grew wide for a moment before she nodded.

"Very well, Meele, I'll let the brat do as she pleases," Marika hissed, "for now."

The assembled people were dismissed shortly after that, people flashing from the room with transportation spells or flying into the night under cloaks of the night sky itself.

Soon, only Meele, Marika, Tama, Dokkasomaru, Mokuka, Akihito and I were all that were left in the Counsel Arena.

With a heavy sigh, I walked over to Meele, leaning against him, speaking mind to mind. You recognized him, right?

Of course, Cara-chan, Meele thought back to me. We will speak of this more later though. Tama-chan can read thoughts if they're too loud sometimes.

I stepped away from him, tumbling this new bit of information on the girl through my thoughts, storing it away with the stuff to worry about later.

Shooting a look at my watch I sighed. It was already 4:30 AM and though I no longer had to keep up the pretense of working, it was later then I wanted to go to bed to say the least. Especially if I had to start planning the hit on the rapist.

Tama, as if catching my thought, studied me for a moment, those iris-less black eyes searching. "You know something of the monster who harmed my clanswoman."

"Mayhap," I said evasively. "It's a suspicion at best, Soul Clan leader."

"I will not be evaded so easily," she said, walking up to me and stopping about a foot away. "This is not so easily over."

"Nor should it be," Meele said diplomatically pulling me close to himself and away from Tama's touch. If she could read minds without touching what could she do with a simple tough? Better not to find out.

Dokkasomaru cleared his throat and looked over at Akihito who was falling asleep in Mokuka's arms. "I need to get the both of you to bed, Momi-chan. Counsel leader or no, you do need sleep."

"As that may be," she said coldly. Her face softened when she looked at him though, taking some of the sting out of the words.

Marika rolled her eyes. "So tough yet so young, little Tama-chan."

"Old enough to scare you," Tama replied harshly.

"I am not afraid," Marika said, voice full of bravado. I could see the fear in her though, shoulders tight and eyes narrowed. I did the same thing when afraid.

"If you say so, then I'll not push it before I leave."

"Stop this, you two," Mokuka said with a roll of her eyes. "Its far to late for such nonsense as your never ending bickering. Now, come Momi-chan, tis past time for bed."

"Heit, Mo-kasan," the child said, her words meaning "yes, mother" in Japanese. She turned to me though with a final parting shot before she left. "That male will die, no matter who stands between him and death, Inu Cara."

"I understand," I said, even though I knew who stood between him and death- his chief body guard who I would rather die myself then kill.

Even in full yukoi form, I couldn't fire off multiple transport spells without aid, so Meele flew us home. A bright sun was just peeking over the horizon as we circled down to the mountain that was our temporary home.

I hate seeing the sunrise- means I've done too much and not slept yet. Fatigue coursed through me, catching up to me now the intrigue of the Counsel was over. Joy.

Meele settled down lightly one the lush grass that covered the central courtyard of the temple. "Much better then last time I landed here with you, huh?"

I laughed, couldn't help it. "Yeah, not fainting from blood loss does improve the landing procedure."

"You weren't fainting," Meele said as I dismounted. Shimmering blue light surrounded him as he shifted back to his human form. His Sphere of Humanity was in place along with the rest of his clothing, giving him access to the humane heart inside himself. Also seemed to unlock his sense of humor better too. "You were delirious. There's a difference."

"Same smell," I said, walking inside. The house was cool and quiet in the new sunlight streaming through the windows. "I'm glad you guys managed to clean the blood up though. Would look awful against this carpet."

The pale cream carpet was soft underfoot as I stripped off my shoes at the door, a force of habit after living in Japan. I took a deep breath, searching for the scent Samu among his things and found another scent that was quite different. With the potential for quite a lot more danger.

I dove behind the couch, pulling my sword, cursing the fact I'd left my guns behind before visiting the Counsel earlier. I felt rather then heard Meele dart into the kitchen behind me, obviously smelling what I did, who I did.

"Nicky! You swore you'd never come against me without prior warning," I yelled over the couch, listening for his heartbeat. My ears rotated slightly before I heard him, he was in the dining room, just inside it, probably with a gun or small cannon pointed at the couch.

"I can't understand that Japanese crap," I heard the man yell back. I risked a look over the couch and saw him leaning in the doorway to the dining room, hands empty. I knew better then to say he was unarmed though because even stripped down to his skin, Nicholas Axel was never without a weapon at his disposal.

It seemed silly to stay crouched behind the couch so I stood, repeating myself in English. "You swore never to come against me without prior warning, Nicky."

"And I'm not fucking coming against you," he said, his voice carrying an edge of humor. I was one of the few that knew that Nicky grew up around San Francisco and, unless he was acting, used the word "fucking" as a normal non-cussing part of his vocabulary. Just seeing him made me smile, now that I knew he wasn't gunning for me. "I'm here for something else and I heard a rumor that you've got the same hit from a different buyer."

I shrugged, neither yes or no and walked over to hug him. "Long time no see, Nicky. Whatcha been up to?"

"Oh this and that," he said with a smile, his hazel eyes more green then brown against the deep emerald of his trench coat and hat of the day. The man owned more trench coats in every color of the rainbow then I had ever seen anywhere else in the world. It was his signature, his trademark and, sometimes I thought it was a form of security blanket. He'd once told me he felt safer with one on, as if it were some kind of magic. Though with Nicky it probably was.

One of the most powerful human witches (which is a dual-gender term despite what many say) I'd ever met returned my hug, chuckling as I ran my hands through his waist length, curly black hair. "Its longer, this Botticelli blessing of yours."

"Yeah, I haven't cut it since right before I last saw you," he said, and I was suddenly aware that while I wasn't looking for anything beyond a friendly hug from him anymore he may not realize that. Then he blew that out of the water. "So, I hear you're shacked up with a Yakuza monk, Cara?"

I looked up at him, those full lips and heavily lashed eyes giving away nothing he didn't want me to see. "Yeah, that's about accurate."

"Real love?"

"More likely then not."

"Why do you sound so sad?"

"Because his best friend and boss is my current mark," I explained. "And he doesn't know what a monster he's dealing with."

"Yeah, my client told me he was a hanyu," Nicky said as if that meant monster.

I shook my head. "No, I mean yeah he is a hanyu but he's a monster in the real sense of the word." I explained about the girl from the Soul Clan and watched Nicky's eyes grow cold, quite a feet for hazel ones.

"Well, that solves the 'has he done enough fucking evil enough to deserve death by assassination' question, don't it, Cara?"

"To say the least," Meele said from the kitchen, leaning against the door. "Though if you're both on the hit, you might work together. That way you both get paid. Cara even has the fall for the hit planned out already. I'm off to bed, kiddies, play nice."

With that parting shot, Meele left the house, supposedly for some cave or something he liked sleeping in. Camping- yuck.

I looked up at Nicky as I plopped down on the couch. "Well, you in on this with me? I'd feel better with back up. Damn Yokuza idiots have a lot of firepower, even if none of its too bright."

"Even the one you're fucking?"

"Nah, he's different," I said with a soft smile, my mind on Samu now. "Fell in with the wrong crowd after saving Danny's life when they were kids. Its not what he wants to do, its what he does for his friend. Without Danny in the picture, Samu would leave, I know he would."

"If you say so," Nicky said, his voice supportive and doubtful all at the same time. "So what did you have in mind, Cara m'girl?"

I got back to business and the next few hours were spent planning and plotting, coming up with the plan to kill Danny Tamagushi.

Sad thing is- I already knew how the hit would go since I'd already seen it.

Prophetic dreaming sucks some days.

Vixandra
Vixandra
44 Followers