Following the Feeling Ch. 07

Story Info
The sleepover continues.
7.2k words
4.76
71.1k
87

Part 7 of the 9 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 09/25/2008
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

So here it is after many months. For the record it took me four and a half months to finish the first page, and then the rest were completed in about seven hours. It's funny how that works out. Anyway, thanks again for all the positive feedback. I hope this chapter is worth the wait.

Cricket

** ** *** ** **

"Is that a yes?" Kiera asked snuggled in Grayson's tight embrace.

Lost in his own thoughts, Grayson had to think back to her question.

So can we still have sex?

He grinned at the memory. "Yes," he answered. "We can definitely still have sex."

"Good," she replied then levered herself out of his lap.

"Hey where are you going?" Grayson tried to grasp her hand, but missed.

Brushing the debris off her clothes Kiera said, "Back inside. The day is half over and I have things to do."

Grayson stood and followed her back to the house. She wasn't avoiding him like before, but he was no more pleased by her easy dismissal of their time alone.

He caught up to her at the edge of the woods and held her back. "Like what? I told you we were taking care of the bar's window today."

"Well there's Gareth. He's anxious about something and I want to see what's wrong. Then I have to at least pretend to act like a hostess with all these guests lingering about and I have to plan for tonight."

For a moment Grayson thought she meant the night with him, but her response lacked any hint of passion. He was strangely disappointed, but knew he could stoke her passion with ease. Plus she was right; there were things to be done today. He needed to go home and get updates on the search for the werewolf that escaped them last night and the status of the spies he'd sent into Rudd's territory. Lena could handle the day to day issues of the pack, but he wanted to stay informed on anything out of the ordinary. The pack's safety was primary in his mind, but he wished he could spend more time with Kiera.

Kiera had started moving again and he fell into step beside her. "What's going on tonight?" he asked.

Kiera smiled. "Not sure yet, but Amber has her heart set on something fun for the sleepover. After last night we could all use a little fun."

"That's fine as long as you stay here tonight. I've given orders to the guards to keep a watch on all of you, but I'm not risking you all gallivanting around town in search of fun."

His pronouncement earned him an elbow in the ribs. "I wasn't planning on going out, but need I remind you that you're not in charge of us?"

"No but I guess I need to remind you that I'm unwilling to let you out of my sight until the danger has passed. Like it or not," he growled. "You and your friends are now involved in this. Even if I can't watch you myself at all times, I can damn well make sure you stay in a protected environment."

Kiera huffed. "I told you the werewolf from last night is long gone. Amber said he's a hired hand, a thug, and that even when you catch him he won't give anything up."

"Even so," Grayson argued, "where there's one, there's bound to be another until whoever hired them gets what he wants or is stopped. I have to ensure that they can't use you to get to me."

Grayson saw the unconvinced look on Kiera's face and wanted to shake her. Did she truly believe she couldn't be used against him? She didn't realized just how much he was willing to risk to keep her out of harm's way. But he would do just that until the danger had passed and she was safe. For good - with him.

Kiera was physically pushed back by the force of fierce protectiveness emanating from Grayson. She was afraid how overpowering it felt until she acknowledged that he'd never hurt her. Not physically, at least, but that kind of possessiveness could turn ugly if not appeased.

Can I appease him? She wondered. Am I strong enough to protect him even as he tries to protect me from others?

Grayson misinterpreted her shocked expression. "Don't worry, Kiera, we'll find whoever is causing this trouble and make sure he doesn't hurt anyone. Just stop fighting my attempts to keep you safe, it only makes things harder."

"Fine," she clipped and continued towards the house,

"You're angry," he said quietly.

"I'm not," she replied.

He would not make a good empath, she realized. Kiera felt frustrated and worried, but not angry. She didn't like unknowns and this whole situation was too surreal for her. Three days ago her biggest worries were about budgets and inventory, but now there seemed to be danger around every corner. She knew she could trust Grayson and the other werewolves, but didn't know enough about them to properly deal with their presence in her life. She desired Grayson and could feel his desire for her, but again it seemed so out of place with everything else thrown at them these past few days. She would just have to deal with it all at once and hope she didn't become overwhelmed.

They walked back into the kitchen which was blissfully vacant. Kiera got water from the fridge and decided she'd talk to Gareth before finding the girls. She turned to find Grayson assessing her quietly. She met his gaze for long moments before curiosity overtook her.

"What?"

Grayson gave a small smile. "Nothing, I just like to look at you."

Kiera felt her her cheeks redden. "Thanks, you're not so bad yourself."

Another few moments passed before he started again. "Tonight I want you to wait up for me, okay? I have to leave for awhile, but I'll be back. And I don't want you sneaking off to bed with your girlfriends again."

Kiera's eyebrows rose. "I didn't sneak off last night; I was tired and went to bed. You didn't even come up in the equation."

"Exactly," he stated. "I want you to spend the night with me. Make me part of your equation."

"Okay," Kiera replied. It was easy enough to concede to his request. "The girls can stay in the other bedroom upstairs and Mason can stay in his old room tonight."

Thinking about Gareth, she continued, "Gareth is going to have to work tomorrow morning. It's best if he's able to go home today."

"He was trailed by the werewolf that attacked you last night, he's safer here."

Prepared for that argument, Kiera countered, "You have lots of werewolves under you, right? Well, send one or two with Gareth to watch over him. He can't just stop going to work because we might be attacked again and all his stuff is at his condo."

Grayson thought about it and agreed. "Fine, he can go home today as long as no one else does." With a grin he continued, "If the rest of you came to stay with us we'd have more resources to utilize."

"Nice try," Kiera rolled her eyes. "I'm staying here and so are the others unless they get to go home. And as long as we're on the topic of what we can and can't do, we're going back to work tomorrow."

Grayson clenched his jaw. He knew she wouldn't listen to reason. "Fine," he bit out. "But the twins and anyone else I assign will be there too. Consider them free help."

"Aren't the twins your personal guards?" she asked.

"They are because they're the best, so now they're your guards."

Kiera was flattered but, "Who's going to be guarding you?"

Grayson scowled. "I can protect myself."

Shaking her head Kiera asserted, "The main threat is towards you, it doesn't make sense for you to not be guarded."

"I'll have back-up, don't worry about it. As you may have noticed I am quite capable of taking care of myself."

"If you say so," Kiera shrugged. She wouldn't let herself worry over him; she had enough on her plate at the moment.

Grayson approached her and draped his hands over her shoulders. "Kiera, you're smart and brave, but you can't protect yourself against this kind of threat. You can't defend yourself against a werewolf."

He brushed his fingers against the place where she'd been hurt by the attackers claws. She winced expecting the sting of her injury, but surprisingly the pain didn't come. With a quizzical glance at Grayson's face she raised her hand and rubbed the healed skin on her neck. It felt slightly slick, but lacked the cuts she'd seen earlier.

"How?" Kiera looked up at Grayson who grinned in response.

"I took care of it," he replied simply.

"When?" Kiera recalled turning down his offer last night. The cuts were still there when she checked them this morning.

""Hmm, I believe it happened somewhere between me kissing you good night and then kissing you good morning until you came apart in my arms."

The heated timber of his voice, his words, her memory and the feelings emanating in waves from him all conspired to make Kiera blush again.

"Oh," she cleared her throat. "Thanks."

"Any time," he replied. Then again, "Scratch that. I don't want you to put yourself in that kind of danger again."

"If you recall," Kiera replied smartly, "it was Jasmine and I that got rid of the werewolf last night. We're quite capable of taking care of ourselves."

Grayson leaned down and growled into her ear, "Don't even try that argument, sweetheart. Or else I'll keep you under lock and key until the end of your days."

Kiera pushed away and smirked. His quick aggression was a bit amusing in the light of day. "Don't think you can keep me here without my permission, wolf boy. Be reasonable and we'll continue to get along. Otherwise, you can stuff your protective watch."

"Oh I like this one," a new voice said.

Kiera turned to the kitchen entrance and took in the dark haired man standing there. He didn't look familiar, but she'd seen so many new faces in the past 24 hours that she couldn't be sure if they'd met.

"Yep," he continued while sauntering in, "our esteemed leader has picked a real hellcat this time."

Grayson groaned at the intrusion. "What do you want, Alistair?"

"Not much, a nice nest egg and some puppies to raise would be nice. Lena seems amendable to the idea so we'll be trying the next time she goes in heat."

Kiera snickered and snuck past Grayson to offer her hand. "Hi, I don't think we've met. I'm Kiera."

"Alistair," he replied taking her small hand into his own. "I've heard a fair share about you, but I have to say that you exceed my expectations."

Kiera faltered a bit, she didn't like being talked about, but he gave off such a friendly air that she couldn't help smiling back. When he leaned over her hand to kiss the back of it, she giggled. She could feel Grayson's displeasure and it made her laugh out loud. Apparently men of all species could be silly with their jealousy.

She retrieved her hand and stepped back. "It's nice to meet you. Can I offer you anything to drink?"

Alistair shook his head and looked over at Grayson. "I'm here to take you back to the hub. There's a call you need to make and then some meetings to attend. Everyone is on high alert and Lena is handling most questions, but the pack wants to talk to you."

Grayson nodded. "I'll be right out."

He shot Alistair a piercing look to dismiss his second in command, but the man refused to budge. He was looking Kiera over like she was a fancy new toy.

"Alistair. Out."

Straightening, Alistair saluted. "Right away, sir."

He turned with a wink to Kiera and left them alone.

"I have to go," Grayson said.

"I heard that," Kiera replied, still smiling. "I'll be here."

He walked up and took her in his arms. Gray looked down into her shining emerald eyes and wanted to carry her back upstairs. Leaning down he whispered against her lips, "Later."

Grayson was kissing her before she could reply, but she made known with her response how much she was looking forward to that. It was so easy to fall under the spell of his passion, she thought. And falling never felt so good.

Pulling back slightly Kiera took a deep breath. "Get out of here before I forget how to be a good hostess."

Her reply made Grayson smile broadly and he tapped her on the butt before disentangling them. Another quick kiss then he was gone. For now.

** ** *** ** **

Kiera left the kitchen intent on finding Gareth, only to make it as far as the living room when her name was called. She turned to see a young man with tawny hair and cerulean eyes approach her.

"Hey, it's Derek."

She looked over the man she'd seen brutalized just days ago and was amazed at his recovery. He didn't bear any scars or anything to indicate he'd been near death recently.

"Wow," Kiera exclaimed, "you look great!"

Derek looked down at himself and smiled shyly. "Yes, thanks to you."

Kiera recalled the moment she'd almost walked away from the terror she'd felt and was happy with her choice to turn around. The young man before her was boyishly handsome and his soft blue eyes gleamed with admiration.

"Well," she cleared her throat, "I only did a small part. You are the one who held on and healed yourself."

Derek looked at his guardian angel and said fervently, "You did everything for me, Kiera. I owe my life to you."

They smiled at each other with shared memories before he excused himself to patrol the outside perimeter.

Still smiling, Kiera picked up Gareth's emotions and followed them to her office. He was sitting in front of her computer typing feverishly.

"Hey," she called out and sat in one of the office chairs. "What's up?"

Gareth looked up briefly and frowned. "It's nothing."

Kiera rolled her eyes. Her friend wasn't known for keeping his feelings to himself.

"Tell me, Gare-bear."

"It's just that I have this deadline tomorrow morning and I'm doing what I can from here, but my case files are at home. I know it's a small grievance in comparison to everything, however I can't help but worry about the trouble I'll get in if it's not done on time."

"I have good news for you then," Kiera's smile resurfaced. "I talked Grayson into letting you go home. I know you have to work extra hard if you plan on impressing the partners."

Gareth eyes lit up. "Really? That's great! Can I go now?"

"Tired of me already? Well I never," Kiera teased.

They chatted a little longer before Kiera gave in to his anxiousness.

"Get out of here," she said.

"Consider me gone," he replied and did just that.

Kiera watched him leave with a couple werewolves she barely recognized from the night before, and then went to find Amber and Jasmine. The duo was watching T.V. in Jasmine's old room, the other upstairs bedroom. They told her Mason had taken a jog with one of the guards. She was glad he would be able to relieve some stress through running and hoped his attitude about the situation would soon improve.

The girls were more bored than worried so they discussed what they could do that evening. Movies and margaritas, a frequent weekend activity for them, was dismissed, but they all agreed they could go for a drink or two…or five. They rummaged around the kitchen for supplies and found a few bottles of wine and some snacks. After checking with the guards inside, they went upstairs with their arms full of supplies.

** ** *** ** **

The call Grayson had to make was to Rudd, the Alpha of the neighboring werewolf pack. He shared most of the details of the past few days, leaving out the fact that he'd sent men into the other wolf's territory. He was fairly certain Rudd wasn't behind the attacks, but wasn't prepared to take the chance. Any Alpha with a growing pack often looked to neighboring territories for additional space. The call was mostly one-sided; Rudd hadn't experienced any similar attacks. He offered to send out an alert and to monitor his borders for any suspicious activities. They ended the call with professional courtesy, but Grayson didn't feel any more secure about Rudd's intentions.

Afterwards he, Lena and Alistair met with other pack members to field any questions and get reports. The members who lived outside the hub questioned whether they should come to stay close by until the threat was resolved. Grayson didn't feel like they should do anything other than stay extra alert until more was known. The wolves with families were welcomed to stay so the little ones could be watched by their extended family. Everyone seemed frustrated that there were more questions than answers. Grayson and Lena tried to assure them that precautions had been taken to protect the whole pack. They had about a hundred members at the moment, about twice the size of a normal pack, but they had many strong warriors guarding their territory. Lena dispatched guards to the ranch on the outskirts of their territory since it was the most vulnerable to attack. With plans agreed upon and executed, Grayson felt confident that his pack was safe for the time being.

The scouts sent after the attacker had not returned, but had called to report they were still on the wolf's trail. It was a matter of time before they had some answers. Grayson recalled Kiera's assertion that they wouldn't learn anything from him, but was determined to capture the one who dared to attack her. For that offense, information or not, his blood would spill.

Grayson had a quick meal, intending to return to Kiera's house as soon as possible, but it was several hours before he could leave the hub. Lena and Alistair assured him they would call if any updates were available and Alistair teased him mercilessly over Gray's choice of a hellcat. He left the couple to their own devices, which would be quite lascivious based on the looks they shared, and packed an overnight bag in his condo. He tried to remain reserved, but the idea of being with Kiera sent thrills through his blood. Only days had passed since their meeting and he could wait no longer to experience her unleashed passion. He'd not discussed his intent to mate with her to Lena or Alistair, but knew the conversation would have to be had soon. Taking a human was rare, but Grayson was used to dealing with rarities during his leadership. The pack would accept her, he would make them if need be. With that thought in mind he left in his personal vehicle, a black Camaro SS, and drove quickly to Kiera's house.

** ** *** ** **

Grayson was greeted at the house's entrance by Zane. He reported that all was safe, but Gray detected humor in the guard's black eyes.

"Have they tried to leave?" he asked warily.

Zane shook his head. "No, Sir, they haven't attempted to leave the premises. They've been very…agreeable."

Gray narrowed his eyes at Zane's tone. "Is there something I should know?"

Zane snickered, "I'm sure you'll find out soon enough, Sir."

Displeased with the vague response Grayson entered the house. Derek and Zach sat on the couch in front of a large T.V. watching a sports channel. They looked up at his approach, but other than bowing their heads in deference didn't move from their spot.

"Report," he ordered.

"Nothing to report," Zach replied. "Mason is in the office. Scott and Terrance are patrolling the back and forest."

Grayson noted that neither Kiera nor the other women had been mentioned. He waited for Zach to continue, but nothing seemed forthcoming.

He hated that he had to ask. "Where's everyone else?"

Zach and Derek exchanged glances before Zach stated, "The women are upstairs with Ginny. They're having a girl's thing and ordered us to stay downstairs."

Grayson saw both men were smiling and his curiosity grew. He walked to the base of the stairs and listened. He couldn't hear any talking, but music trickled downstairs. With a last look at the relaxing guards he made his way upstairs. Grayson followed the music into Kiera's room, but was surprised to find no one inside. The window was open so he set down his overnight bag and walked over. The stereo's speakers were positioned towards the open window and it blasted up-tempo music. It sounded like something he'd hear at Moonlight, the nightclub he owned. He looked outside, thinking there was a balcony, but found nothing. He looked around then heard the trill of women's laughter. The sound was coming from above him, but he couldn't see anything in the darkness other than the edge of the roof.