Forbidden Feelings Ch. 10-11

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Isaac was a relatively new hire to the Human Resources department and Alex and him had become fast friends. I was wondering if something was ever going to pan out, and I knew Alex was starting to wonder the same thing.

"Well, you two enjoy," I said sincerely and I turned to make my way to the stairs.

The five floors of steps I had to go down I knew would be faster than waiting for the elevator this time of day, and while I didn't exactly run down them, I also didn't take my time either.

I walked over to Leah's table just as she was finishing up with a gentleman. I watched her shake his hand and then he picked up his new green mp3, thanking her once again before walking off.

"You're early," Leah pointed out.

"Yeah, I couldn't wait any longer," I admitted, "so, how's it going down here?"

"Second one I gave out today, so not too bad," Leah replied sitting down and motioning me to do the same.

"Nah, not at all. Hey, I got to go and grab the pizza. I'll be right back," I said to Leah and walked away before she had a chance to hand me the money that I assumed was the reason she went digging in her bag.

Although I won't swear to it, I thought I heard her mumble 'jerk' to me just as I was about to leave the building, I guess because I wouldn't let her pay.

I walked across the street to Papa Johns to pick up the pizza that I had called in earlier. Surprisingly, it was all ready to go, and as soon as I had paid, I walked back out.

In less than five minutes, I was back in my building. Just as I was walking over to Leah, it dawned on me that I forgot to grab plates, napkins, and drinks...all of the above I actually had upstairs.

"Hey, do you want to eat in my office? I asked Leah once I got back to her table, "or do you have to stay here?"

"Nope, I don't have to stay," Leah answered, "in fact, I was hoping we could go somewhere more private."

"Oh really?" I inquired, my eyes growing bigger.

"Just because I don't want to eat greasy pizza in front of potential customers," Leah laughed and winked at me.

Well that cleared up my confusion, while crushing my heart. Oh well, that's life I guess.

I helped Leah pack up the giveaways and she put them in her bag. Then we walked over to the elevators, and when the doors opened we stepped inside as I pushed the button for my floor. We got off on the fifth floor and I led Leah through the rat maze to my office.

"Wow!" Leah exclaimed, "I don't know how you don't get lost around here!"

"I did at first, but not now," I explained, "I've been working here for three years now, and it also helps that I did my internship here."

"Didn't you go to Akron?" Leah asked referring to my college.

"Yeah, but I commuted here for my internship," I replied as I opened the pizza box on my desk and grabbed some plates and napkins from the shelf behind my desk, "not only did they give me the best offer, but it seemed like the place I'd want a career at. And look where I am now; lead project coordinator."

"Nice! Although it must be a hell of a commute everyday," Leah responded as I handed her a plate with a slice of pizza on it.

I grabbed two water bottles out of the small fridge that I kept in my office.

"Yeah, mostly in the winter. Other times I don't mind it as much. It's nice to have some quiet time to myself in the mornings and afternoons."

"I bet," Leah agreed as we both began eating.

When we were done eating, I wrapped up the remaining three slices in aluminum foil and then tossed them in the fridge.

"Well, I should probably head back down now," Leah said after finishing her water.

"I'll walk you back down so you don't get lost," I replied, although I wasn't ready to get up.

"Actually, before we go, can I talk to you for a minute Calie?" Leah asked as her facial expression got serious.

"Of course," I replied, "what's up?"

"I want to show you something," Leah answered as she went into her bag and pulled out a large envelope.

She handed it over the desk to me and I looked at the return address. It was from a law firm in Akron. The envelope was addressed to Leah.

I looked at Leah with a questioning face; I wasn't sure what she wanted me to see. I wasn't sure what she wanted me to do with it.

"Open it," Leah responded to my unasked question. I slowly opened the unsealed flap and pulled out a stack of papers. As I skimmed the first page, certain words popped out at me.

"Divorce papers?" I asked, shocked.

"Yes," Leah nodded, "I received them Saturday morning.

"Wait, this past Saturday?" I questioned.

"Yes," Leah said as her eyes began to water.

"But what about Friday night at Liam and Meghan's?" I asked, "Travis was massaging your neck, and holding you while watching the movie."

"I asked him about that, and he said that he didn't want anyone getting suspicious before I received the papers, so he acted normal," Leah answered.

"Anyone including you, huh?" I was getting angry for Leah's sake. "What about the game then? You had already seen them before you guys played."

"That time I asked him not to say anything, especially since my family was there," Leah explained, "I wanted to tell them in private, which I did yesterday after church."

"Did he say why he filed?" I asked.

"He said he found someone else, who he's developed feelings for. He really loves her and sees a future with her, not me," Leah replied as her eyes filled up with tears again.

"Oh God, I'm so sorry Honey," I responded, my heart breaking for her, "I really am."

I got up from my chair and went over to hers. I laid my hand on her back, rubbing up and down.

"I'd ask you how you're holding up, but I have my answer," I said.

"Actually this is the worst of it. This is the first time I've cried," Leah replied, "I've walled it all up to be strong in front of him and the kids, who we still have to talk to. I didn't want to Travis to see me crying."

I just held on to Leah; one arm behind her back, the other on her head holding her body close to mine. I felt my shirt getting wet from her tears, but I didn't care. She needed me, and I was here for her.

"Want to know what the sad thing is?" Leah asked after she calmed down.

"What's that?" I asked back.

"I'm more upset that he didn't talk to me before filing the papers than I am that he cheated on me," Leah responded, "I feel like this is partly my fault too. I cheated on him as well, although I didn't tell him."

"Leah, don't blame yourself, none of this is your fault," I replied, "have you guys discussed anything yet, like the house or kids?"

"We did," Leah nodded, "we agreed on joint custody. I'll stay in the house with the kids. He'll spend time with them every week and every other weekend. Plus we'll split holidays. We've also decided to go through one lawyer to make it easier, and we've agreed to agree on everything so it's not a long court battle. This way, its not only easier for the kids, but easier for us as well; less stressful."

"Well, I'm glad that it'll work out for you and the kids," I said.

"Yeah, me too," Leah replied standing up and looking at her watch, "I'm sorry, but I really should get back downstairs now."

"Yeah, I know," I responded, "I just want to make sure you're okay before you spend the rest of the afternoon downstairs."

"I'm good now," Leah answered, wiping the last of her tears away, "thank you for listening, I really needed it."

"Anytime Leah," I said putting my hand under her chin, "I'm here for you."

I gave her a quick kiss on the lips. I wish I could have spent more time kissing her, but I did have windows in my office that faced the hall.

I put the divorce papers back in the envelope and handed it back to Leah. I offered her the rest of the pizza, but she declined. Then I lead her out of my office and back to the elevators.

"Do you want me to walk you down?" I asked as I pushed the button to call the elevator up.

"Nah, its okay," Leah responded, crossing her arms, "I'll text you later though. Travis and I are going to sit down with the kids tonight, so I don't know what time. But I will text you, even if it is just a 'goodnight'."

"Okay. I look forward to it," I replied. I placed my hand on her right arm as a friendly gesture, "good luck this afternoon with the promotion, and good luck tonight with the kids."

"Thanks," Leah said as the doors opened, "bye Calie."

"See ya Leah," I replied as she stepped in and pressed the lobby button.

The doors shut and I was standing alone again. Life just wasn't easy, was it? I didn't want to go back to work, but I had to. I didn't want Leah to have to be downstairs alone, thinking about the pain that Travis caused, but she had to work too. I couldn't wait for her text later, but I knew she needed time alone with Travis and the kids.

12