Forever Love Ch. 02

Story Info
A heart break and a sudden twist...
4.5k words
4.55
12.7k
8

Part 2 of the 4 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 02/07/2012
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Hey dearies, I'm back again with the second chapter... I want to thank Uriziel for the awesome editing work... and also, the real Lelam for the superb threads of ideas form which I could knit out this story... you're just too good... J please do rate vote and comment...

Enjoy

Marie

* * *

Marie sat on the dining table staring at the half-empty mug of coffee. It was 8 in the morning and she hadn't been able to sleep all night... what was happening to her? She'd never felt so helpless and miserable ever!

"Oh god, my head is killing me..." Lisa groaned from behind her. She turned around to look at her friend who'd just woken up. She tried to shake off the mental image of last night from her mind but it refused to go. She knew Lisa had been drunk and half-conscious but still a part of her felt so betrayed. Her head was telling her to forget about it because Lisa had no fault but her heart ached at the image... she groaned inwardly, why did her heart ache? For the hundredth time she wanted an explanation but there was no one who could do that to her...

"Good morning..." she said flopping down into a chair next to her. "God, last night was a disaster... but I don't remember how I got home..."

"Well, what do you remember?" Marie asked, trying to hide the bitterness in her voice. She was mad at Lisa but she knew Lisa was innocent... god these mixed feelings were a pain in the ass.

"Dad and I got into this huge argument... he completely blew up when I said I wanted to drop out... and when I said I could do it as a part-time thing, he refused to lend me the money... Oh man..."

"Is that all you remember?" Marie interrupted... all this whining was getting so annoying!

"No, after that I got pissed so I started drinking... then I think I passed out and I woke up this morning... though I did dream of this delicious guy... man he was hot..."

Marie couldn't take it anymore... that wasn't a dream that was a nightmare. It had been haunting her ever since.

"I am so sorry, I can't do this..." she mumbled getting up and grabbing her coat. She had to get out of there.

"What happened Marie... what's wrong--" she was out of the door before Lisa could finish.

A wintery sun was peeking from underneath clouds as she made her way to the library. She hadn't been able to concentrate on her studies lately and bad grades were the last thing she needed right now.

"Good morning Mrs. Thompson!" she greeted the librarian as she made her way to her usual spot. It was in the farthest corner of the room where no one would come disturb her.

She sank down into the leather chair and took out her textbook. She so wanted to concentrate but she couldn't. Even after 30 minutes of staring into her book, she couldn't understand a single word written there. Just then, her phone began to vibrate. It was an unknown number but she rushed out to answer it.

"Hey there chipmunk!" a familiar voice came through the speaker and her heart leapt with joy.

"Oh my god, Alex! Is that really you?" her voice cracked as tears of joy washed over her cheeks.

"Now now, don't be a cry baby. It is me... god it's been so long since the last time I heard you..." she could hear genuine love in his voice.

Alexander Laake had been her closest friend. They'd been neighbors when they were kids and well, he'd been her first kiss. Though he was two years her senior, they were inseparable and spent practically every day together. For the 14 years they'd known each other, she couldn't think of a single time he'd hurt her. They'd even gone on a few dates but she never felt for him in that way. Everyone knew he loved her and she loved him too but only as a friend and he understood when she said she could never think of him as a lover. After that, his family moved away to Australia and it made things a lot less awkward and although the conversations had decreased with the increase in distance, their love for each other stayed the same. Still, she felt the same warmth every time she heard his voice.

"Yeah, it's been a year and half to be exact..." she said in a small voice. The last time she'd heard him was when his mother passed away. She'd called him and they'd cried together. She knew, he would only cry in front of her.

"I've missed you... so many things have happened and there is so much I have to tell you..." he sounded exited.

"Go ahead, I'm all ears..." she said laughing. She could imagine his face all exited.

"No not over the phone, I want to see you."

"But how? I'm not flying all the way down there..." she teased.

"You don't have to... I am in Chicago."

Her heart almost stopped.

"What? When did you get here? And you're telling me now? I can't believe it, why didn't you tell me before you left? Do you have any idea I much I want to see you?"

"Whoa!! Now, I'm going to put my phone on the counter for the next 10 minutes so make sure you're done with the screaming by then..." he said with a laugh. He very well knew her screaming could last more than mere 10 minutes.

"I will bloody murder you if you move the phone so much as an inch from your ear..." she said smiling. She missed the petty bantering they had, the way he teased her and then spend hours trying to make her talk to him again.

"So where are you right now, I'll come pick you up."

"I'm at the library but I'll see you at the college gate in 15 minutes." She replied making her way towards the building. She still had to borrow a few books and finding those would take her at least 10 minutes.

"Ok see you in 15..." he said.

In 15 minutes, she was standing impatiently at the gates of the University of Chicago. It felt like ages since the last time she felt this happy.

"Gah!!" she screamed as someone picked her up and spun her around and as soon as she was back on the ground, Alex smothered her with a huge bear hug.

"Oh my god, you're suffocating me..." she mock-complained as she poked him at his ribs.

"I don't care, I've missed you..." he said burying his face into her hair, his voice muffled.

She sighed and stood there in his arms feeling so at home. It was minutes before he finally released her and she looked into his deep sea blue eyes.

"I've missed you too." She admitted.

"OK, let's go eat something... I'm starving!" he exclaimed as he pulled her towards his car and she followed him with a huge smile on her face.

* * *

Lelam crouched on the highest branch of the maple tree. He made sure she could not see him but he could see her without any hinder. He didn't know why he was here but lately he was doing a lot of things he didn't understand.

All of this started the day after he'd been in her house. His mind unconsciously drifted to her and within moments he found himself trying to sense her. He finally felt her but along with that, he felt this huge wave of pain. He could see her, lying in her bed as she cried silent tears. He couldn't understand why she was crying... he knew it was because of him, but what he didn't understand was why she was going through so much pain and why it caused him pain seeing her like that. After that day, he'd started visiting her almost everyday. There was an old oak tree beside her house and one of its branches reached the window of her bedroom. He would sit on that branch all night, watching her. She barely slept, most of the time she would be crying and even if she dozed off, she would wake up screaming. How did he end up hurting her so much? It took up all his will power to stop himself from climbing into her room and hugging her, telling her it would be ok and she needn't hurt anymore.

And today, he was watching her hug another man and it ignited a new fire inside him. He wanted to be the one who hugged her, he wanted to be the one who made that beautiful smile appear on her face and he wanted to be the one who brought her that amount of happiness. Rage was bubbling inside of him, he couldn't watch her touch another man... he wanted to rip his heart off. That man had no right making her feel so happy when all she'd done till now was cry.

His talons dug on the hard branch as if it were butter. But all he could do was stand there and watch her leave. He had no other option.

* * *

She couldn't remember when she'd laughed this hard the last time. Her cheeks felt flushed and the sides of her tummy were aching. She knew everyone in the restaurant was looking at her but she didn't care.

"OK, control now..." Alex said. He loved making her laugh... even after all these years, she still meant a lot to him. He would never tell her this but she still had a very special place in his heart. He still loved her.

He looked at her teary eyes as she tried her best to stop laughing. He'd missed this. He'd missed being her shoulder to cry on, he'd missed being there with her on every possible moment of her life. He sat back and watched as she wiped her eyes and took a deep breath. She looked even more beautiful.

"Why'd you cut your hair short?" he asked. He loved her waist long dark wavy hair but now it only reached her shoulders.

"Uh... after Jeff left, I needed a change. What would be better than a make-over right?"

He couldn't believe that guy... he had the most precious person in the whole world and he'd let her go. That bastard had hurt her and he wasn't there for her when she needed him the most.

"But its ok, I'm over him..." she said with a bright smile.

"Then what is bothering you?" he asked, looking deep into her chocolate eyes. He knew she was sad, he thought it was because of her jack ass boyfriend but if she says she's over him, what else is bothering her?

"That's it, there's nothing else..." she said looking away. She couldn't face him. "Excuse me, I have to use the ladies room..." she said finding it difficult to keep the tears at bay. Why did she tear up every time his face flashed across her mind? Hell, she didn't even know his name!

She took a tissue and wiped her eyes. She'd have to get over it! She was not a school girl who got her heart broken for the first time. And, this wasn't even a heart break... she'd met him once, the other two times didn't count... she splashed some cold water on her face, praying it would calm her down.

As she looked back into the mirror, she had to clamp a hand over her moth to stop herself from screaming. Looking at her in the reflection was the same face, the face that had haunted her dreams. She spun around, wanting to make sure she wasn't hallucinating but he was really there.

"What are you doing with that man?" he said in a low voice. What the fuck was wrong with him? Why did he care?

"I don't see how this is any of your concern. I do what I want to..." she replied as coldly as she could but what she felt was anything but cold.

Within moments he was standing in front of her, his hands holding the counter on either side of her. This was the first time she'd seen him this close in light. He had the most amazing eyes she'd ever seen. They were hazel, with amber rings around the irises... she felt like he was hypnotizing her with those eyes. His face was inches from her and she could feel his cold breath on her lips... she remembered how those felt against hers and all she wanted to do was feel them again.

It was as if he read her mind, he moved and their lips met. She couldn't believe how amazing he smelled and how amazing he felt... her hands moved around his neck to grab his hair and her legs automatically parted and wrapped around him. The kiss was deepening as both of their tongues fought an erotic battle with each other when her phone beeped and brought her out of the trance.

She pushed at him but it was like she was pushing a concrete wall. He wouldn't budge...

"No..." she mumbled against his lips and he let go of her. "I cannot let you do this to me! I've let you hurt me enough and I don't want it anymore. I don't know what you've done to me and I don't care... but please leave me alone..." she added looking away from him.

For a moment he stood immobile but then he backed a few steps, letting her get down from the counter but still blocking her exit.

"What do you want from me?" she asked, fresh tears had started hazing her view. "Why are you doing this to me.... what have I ever done to you that you're making my life this miserable? Why is it that my heart aches for you? Tell me, why do I hurt for you when I don't even know you?"

He stood there, staring at her as if she'd spoken a completely different language.

"I- I don't know what you mean..." he said finally. God, that voice of his... even that made her knees go weak.

"If you don't know what I mean, what the hell are you doing following me around? What do you want? Every time we meet, you- you... I have to tell you, I'm not a whore! I don't get it why you treat me like one!" she wanted answers because she was tired of the stuff that was going on with her...

"I never thought you to be something like that..." he said in a low voice.

Yeah right! That's why every time they met, he felt her up, got her swooning with desire and then dumped her.

"Forget it; I don't care what you think. Just leave me alone! I don't want to see you ever..." with that, she walked out of the restroom. Wasn't she supposed to be scared that a huge guy was following her around? But instead she felt much safer when she was with him... she sighed. She needed to go see a shrink, she was definitely going crazy.

"What took you so long?" Alex asked once she got to the table.

"Uh nothing... a little make-up mishap..." she replied smiling. He didn't need to know about her agony.

"So shall we?" he asked getting up and handing her coat to her. She nodded and followed him out. She wanted to get out of that place as soon as possible but she didn't want to go home yet, she couldn't face Lisa.

"Can you drop me back at the college? I left my car there and I do need to get studying..." she said once inside his car.

"You want to leave already? I wanted to spend the whole day together... it's been so long." He said looking at her with pleading eyes and she gave in.

"So what else is new?"

"Hmm... as I told you earlier, I'm here for a project and as I am the head of the engineering team, I got a hell of a lot of work to do. I'm done with designing the new office building now I have to supervise the work."

"So that means you're going to be super busy?"

"Yeah... but I'll find time for my chipmunk!!" He said ruffling her hair and using the nickname he'd given her years ago.

She smiled and relaxed on her seat. This day was treating her far better than she had anticipated.

* * *

"Marie..." Lisa knocked on her door. She sighed. What was she supposed to say? A day with Alex had cleared her thoughts and she knew she'd wronged Lisa.

"Common in!" she called out from inside.

"I don't know why you're mad at me Mer... I don't remember doing anything wrong." She said tucking her hair behind her ears and sitting down on a chair beside her bed.

"You didn't do anything wrong..." Marie replied fidgeting with the pencil on her hand. "I'm the one who's supposed to apologies... I don't know what came over me and made me walk out like that..."

"You sure I haven't hurt you in any way? If I have tell me... I love you and I don't want to lose you because of something stupid I did..."

"No really, it's ok. Guess what? Alex's in town!" she exclaimed hoping it would change the topic.

"What? When? God I haven't seen him in years..." Lisa replied suddenly enthusiastic and happy.

"Yeah, he's a hotshot Engineer now... but I'm so happy he's here. He always makes thing right for me... you know."

"Yeah... well I should get going now. You've got a test tomorrow and I've got the 4-page essay to write. Good night..."

Marie sat on her bed staring at the door with a smile. Her love life may be a disaster but she had some awesome friends. She turned the page on her Antony and Cleopatra hard cover when her phone beeped beside her. It was a text from Alex.

"I've a dinner invitation from my boss tomorrow evening, would you want to join me?"

She smiled. Dinner sounded great but with his boss?

"Uhh... dinner sounds awesome... but boss?"

"Yeah, you're the only person I'm so close to in the city. Don't worry it's not a date, no candle light I promise."

She could feel her smile grow wider.

"Ok then. Time and place?"

"Will pick you at half past seven and dress formally! ;)"

"Kay, see you tomorrow... Gnite!"

She hopped off her bed and opened her closet. There weren't a lot of formal dresses in there but there was one she loved. It was a black sequined dress that came down to her knees. It was a sober dress which meant minimal show of skin. It would be perfect.

She sighed as she hung it on the door of her closet. No one could ruin the time she would spend with Alex.

* * *

"Lelam!" the urgency of the voice brought him back into his room. He'd been watching her, how exited she looked as she put on the last of her make up... maybe she was going out on a date... after that, he'd concentrated on the new employees his father had hired for his firm. It was necessary to keep an eye on everyone.

"Lelam, open up!" Rafael banged on his door harder. He sighed and got up to open the door.

"What is it..." he groaned. Some quality time alone was so difficult to manage these days.

"She's been kidnapped..." Rafael was panicking.

"Who's been kidnapped?" he demanded, he could feel the panic too but it was not his... he was feeling someone else's distress.

"Marie..."

Lelam was walking out of the room before Rafael could finish his sentence.

"How do you know?"

"Uhh... well I saw the way you were following her. You were busy today so I sent one of the youngling to keep an eye on her. She was with a man, and she looked happy too until both of them were taken. He couldn't do anything because there were 4 of them and he was alone..."

Lelam growled under his breath. Who could dare do something to her? He didn't know. All he wanted to do was rip everyone's head off until he had her safe.

"Where was the last place he saw her?"

"The parking of a restaurant..."

He couldn't contain his anger. She was in danger and he didn't even know from whom. He had to use all his willpower in stopping himself from attacking Rafael.

Within moments, they were at the parking. He scanned the surrounding but he couldn't pinpoint anything. All of his senses were in disarray, he couldn't concentrate.

"Lelam, calm down..." Rafael said from beside him. He was correct, he had to calm down. He had to track them down.

He closed his eyes and took a deep breath. He sniffed the air and froze. Her abductors were vampires... and that could only mean one thing. His enemies had found his Achilles' heel.

* * *

The chill from the cold stone floor woke Marie up. Her head throbbed like it had a heart of its own and her throat felt dry. She tried swallowing but ended up coughing instead. She tried moving but she found that her hands were tied behind her back. Opening her eyes slowly, she was thankful that the place was dimly lit. Light would have made the pain in her head worse.

Where the hell was she? The last thing she remembered, she was returning from the dinner with Alex... Alex, where the hell was he?

"Alex..." she called. Her voice was raspy and her throat hurt but she had to find him.

Someone groaned from the other corner of the room. She crawled towards the person lying there and was relieved to see it was him.

"Common, get up..." she said nudging at his back with her knees. She was scared as hell but they had to get out of here.

12