Forsaken Ch. 02

Story Info
The stage is set.
7k words
4.71
10.4k
00

Part 2 of the 4 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 10/17/2004
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The emptiness was invaded as the void shattered in fiery splinters of burning pain, each stabbing deeper, penetrating the shroud of comforting death. Distant screams rumbled through the darkness, stirring life in a once desolate vessel.

From the fractured remains of reality consciousness slowly filtered through bringing with it the consuming despair of defeat. In the shadows of the mind nightmares of the forgotten arose on the leathery wings of sin, draping the soul in fear. Consumed beyond the breaking point, too late to turn back, Tara opened her eyes to horror.

With sight came the agonizing reality, this monster was above her forcefully inserting sharp barbs deep into tender flesh, electrifying live nerves. Its sadistic smile and glowing eyes burning into her soul, clutching her heart in the icy strands of terror, Tara tried not to scream. She bit down hard upon her lip fighting back the cries welling in her throat, and the scorching pain that smashed down with vengeful force. Her senses drown in misery as she plummeted deep into the dark recesses of uncontrollable sorrow.

"I smell your suffering and it is, sweet! Now where is the child?" this monstrosity sickly mewed. "Answer me, bitch!" It demanded, pulling the heavy chains tight. "You suffer so beautifully, your pain is divine," It cooed brushing the hair from her face and sniffing at her breath.

Her body wracked in violent spasms, the rusted barbs feeding deeper into her flesh and tearing through tender nerves. She could feel this creature behind her staring into her memories, its glowing eyes burrowing through her mind like a hungry wyrm. Tara could smell its pleasure, its exotic bloodlust for pain.

The demon consumed her in suffering, its passions washing over her broken and crucified vessel in hot waves. The tight wires were pulling at her soul; the heavy chains bound her in blissful despair and smothered her thoughts in blood. She could not scream, stitched in torment pestilence wrapping her in its bitter embrace.

Suspended in pain, her terrors now complete. Her mind at the brink of collapse, desperate Tara fought back the cries for release. Her soul trembled under the strain as violent convulsions ravaged her distressed senses until at last the empty void surrounded her with contorting bliss. Welcome to Paradox!

"You look so lonely, tell me were you hid the child." It mewed, forcing its razor talons deep into her. The demonic monster assaulted her body, raping her mind.

Tara summoned the last of her strength to rise; now face-to-face she smiled coldly, "You better stop. You're getting me all excited." She mocked his fury and his pleasure by flexing and straining against her bounds.

It roared lifting her by the barbs, threatening to tear her apart, "Does that hurt nice, my little girl? You like the feeling of your flesh stretched; do you quiver when lifted by your soft parts? Well my beautiful and charming lady, you are going to love this!" It smiled to her, drawing a small bottle from the inner layers of its leather armor.

It gripped her face with demonic talons, smiling affectionately to expose the rows of sharpened fangs. "This is a little something special just for you. Hope you enjoy it as much as I'm going to." Then carefully it opened her trembling lips, and held the bottle high, "Drink up," it said pouring the nauseous sludge down her throat.

Tara choked on the bittersweet ichors, gagged but unable to spit she was suffocating on the harsh fluid she was forced to swallow. She was instantly aware of toxin and the dreadful propose, it bit deep into her numbing senses. But before she could deny it her senses failed, her soul collapsed upon itself drowning in a sea of Madness.

The dark void cracked, chaos pouring through from somewhere beyond erupting forth in violence. Broken images of a life long passed, forgotten on the frayed ends of sanity crashed.

She fell.

Its twisted features contorted into a grim smile of satisfaction as it watched patiently the toxins quickly consumed her weakened mind. When at last she fell limp into her restraints it was able to stare deep into the now endless reassesses of her mind. With one talented paw it gently stroked the matted hair from her face and lifted her head to pry through her memories.

With violent determination it tore down all her barriers, ravaging her thoughts, rapping her soul. A voice cried out from the churning depths of infinity and then fell silent and everything crashed into nothing.

Comforting Death, open your arms to thee. Sweet oblivion, welcome me into your eternal grace.

***

Where once was nothing, now a dreadful rhythm ringed true. What it was was all it could be; a living pulse, granting life once again. Now aware as flesh began to knit, the broken shards moved away to allow his lungs resurrecting breath. Raven was numb and his flesh felt almost alien. Aware only of some terrible threats distant and far away, yet too close for escape, he must stand; he must fight.

Vengeance! Shattering the tranquil void with raw furry as muscles burned, a violent storm erupting forth not to be restrained. All that was ever human in him was now no more, only the primal Beast of Rage.

When responsive consciences returned, Raven was on his knees, braced drunkenly against his sword. His shirt gone, his muscles blazing and weary, as he gasp for a breath. The events that brought him to this fatigued state unclear like some dreadful nightmare half forgotten: the mind unwilling to remember.

Raven lifted his head, this simple action straining his senses, as reality became clear. This scene, which displayed before him the fear, he fought desperately to deny. He shut his eyes tight trying to remember or fighting to forget the world outside. The woman from his earlier nightmare was now real, just as he remembered her, strong and proud wrapped snuggly in his coat. Was this some mad dream in which he failed to escape, or had he fallen into her fears? The image of the portal still lingered in the back of his mind, her laughter fading inside his throbbing skull. Reality had gone mad, the boarders of dreams obscured. Was he now the dreamer or the frightened dream?

The monster was destroyed, it corpse lay broken and scattered across the room; the female lay wrapped in his coat, unconscious. Did she rescue him, his thoughts still clouded? The battle was fierce but yet he bore no wounds. His naked flesh bathed in gore, his thick mane matted with blood still fresh in the chill of night. He cursed beneath his ragged breath then carefully gathered his things, drawing from his duffel bag a heavy sweater. With the gentle care of a parent he cradled her in his arms removing them from these ruins of death.

Raven moved quickly through the halls, his eyes pierced the darkness to reveal the path before them. He stumbled not as he charged through pitch corridor, senses alert to even the most faint of disturbances. He carried her to the basement, cautious to leave no evidence of their passing. He wanted no surprise visitors from anything else that could be tracking this beautiful stranger.

Once in the basement he carefully pried open the boiler, here they could be safe from the rising sun. Here they could be aware of every sound echoing above. Raven quickly placed her inside the great iron tomb, still wrapped warmly in leather. As he laid her gently upon the far wall their flesh touched for the first time. Raven was aware instantly of her entire existence, her heart and soul poured openly into his. He could hear a child crying in the distance. A child frightened and alone was crying silently in the shadows, its fear not the safety of itself, but security of this stranger.

He knew these things, but how he could not explain. Raven knew this child feared him; he could sense the bond between them as they shared every experience. He could see the hidden location through her eyes as if he were somehow able to share this mental link. So not wasting time he hurried to rescue this innocence from whatever dark fate lie with the rising sun. Once satisfied that she would be safe, Raven set out to rescue the frightened child.

When he reached the location, the child still huddled in the shadows; tears stained her dirty face. She displayed no fear of this towering stranger, as if to say without words, I accept our fate. When their eyes met she reached out to touch this giant's heart, the scar he could not explain.

"Fear not child, I've come to help. Come on we must hurry," spoke the stranger as he offered his hand. Without hesitation their flesh touched.

It was like lightning striking his brain; Raven knew the secrets, which the female fought so desperately to protect. He understood something without knowing; the shock of such sudden interpretations sent his mind reeling. Only the mission was clear, to protect this child until the final death of his very soul.

***

Tara awoke from the sleep of death to small hands gently stoking her matted hair. Her last memory that of her own tortured demise, as demons cried on leather wings of death. She opened her eyes to see only darkness and her heart sank, as she feared the worst. What prison could they be trapped, for she was sure of their death.

"Fear not child, I've come to help," echoed inside her churning thoughts as the haze began to part. The comfort of these images calmed her panic stricken reasoning. Her eyes began to focus in the dim shadows to reveal the iron tomb in which they huddled. The child harbored no fear in her expression as their eyes met. Tara knew what had happened.

Through their bond Tara saw the events of the torture from a source unknown, and watched as the image became a haze of fury. She saw the true horror of the events unfold as if she herself committed these acts. The stranger was now visible; the child had witnessed him. A giant emerged from the shadows like some spectral being, offering his hand and his heart together in that instant. Tara knew everything about this heroic giant; from his past to the reasons he arose from death to protect her and then her child. His motives were his own, but brought not by selfish reason.

All this was clear in the instant their eyes met, but now she searched the boundaries of her vision and the stranger could not be seen, or his presence felt. They were alone. The stranger had left them; if he should return was yet uncertain. Her thoughts now on survival for neither her nor the child had eaten. The hunger was consuming her.

She must feed. She quickly rummaged through the things left by her captor finding a sweater and pants both worn ragged with a multitude of repairs. She didn't hesitate to dress pulling the tattered garments over her scarred and battered body. Then gathering the child in her arms set out to hunt the dark streets of urban decay.

***

When Raven returned, he found the gates open and the pair gone. His things had been scattered across the room his only sweater missing with a change of old Levi's. Raven shook his head and settled down for a sparse meal. It didn't concern him, their hasty departure, after all what was he if not a stranger to a stranger. Raven did wish to know her name.

Raven gathered his things packing them again into his duffel bag then set off alone into the dark unknown. The cold streets beckoning him, the night his home, he walked. Yet his thoughts kept returning to the beautiful stranger whose soul was displayed. The link, which she and the child shared, perplexed him; he began to wonder if this child could have performed this same miracle upon his vulnerable psyche.

He tried not to think about it, the perils of this urban jungle kept his senses alert no energy to worry about such trivial matters. Still he couldn't help but wonder.

Raven traveled the desolate streets, drifting through various stages of consciousness until at last his curiosity broke the barrier. Cursing the idea and himself, he stopped under the protection of this decrypted building to try and find an answer to this plaguing onslaught.

His mind opened, welcoming in the night in all its passionate glory and spanning the gulfs of time and distance. Through this gate all became his as knowledge flowed into him, voices on the bitter winters wind. Raven now experienced the world as she; the bridge granting to him the word as her senses did interpret. This new wonder filled him with emotions not his own as her life now his in every detail. The vivid experience sending icy chills down his spine. A frightening bond to such passionate lusts that he welcomed. The hungry desires of her immortal soul still yearned beyond depths dare tempted by human expression.

In this dream state, he left his own body far behind and unaware to the dangers, which did rise against him. He never heard their approach, could not smell their retched aroma nor could he escape the dreadful blow. In his dream he fell unaware.

His mind swam in fantasies, not his own as all he knew crumbled and crashed, and dreams and lust converged to suspend him in this sadistic turmoil. Lost in the storm of memories, drifting within dreams, he was aware. Mindful these fantasies were not his own. The emotion, the passion so alive yet so alien, things he could never experience. When from the chaos an image became clear. The image was of him; bathed in blood, a beast consumed in rage and weak to this strangers touch. It now glared at him with fierce eyes, peering deep into his naked soul. It spoke without words, calling forth a terrible challenge.

Fear clutched his heart and cold fury erupted. Blind rage glared coldly from this horrid beast before him. Icy orbs black as pitch burning void like razors upon his mind. Together they locked in fierce embrace, each battling for domination. This demon, a creature of fantasy and fear, erupted with brutal determination. Together they fell. Dreamers trapped in dreams. The beast, lacking discipline attacked, unrestrained and unpredictable.

Raven moved in fluid grace, feeling the raw power of each passing blow. His body flowed beneath the deadly assault. He stood little chance, his skill and reflexes proved futile, but only encouraging this nightmare. He saw the attack and knew nothing could defeat what it was he battled. The razor talons passed through his defenses, piercing flesh and shattering bone to clutch his still beating heart. Each howled their miserable pains, suffering in their victories of agonizing defeat. The eerie song erupted forth destroying the brittle silence. Together they fell as one, prisoners of self; Victims.

When at last his eyes opened, the sky was painfully gray in winter's sunrise. Cursing the dawn, he lurched to his feet. His head wrapped in the tendrils of this disorientating nightmare. He found himself in the street, near frozen and naked, his black hair crusted with his own blood. The physical wounds from the attack already healed, the damage on fragile pride still bled.

Raven spat a villainous string of curses gathering what remained of his scattered duffel bag. Dressing in tattered remnants of once fine attire and suffering the disgrace of indignity. Damn heathens, he thought, gathering what remained of his possessions. He reached for his cigarettes to find the last one bent and broken. Frustration mounted as he unleashed a string of obscenities and checked his inner pocket for what remained of his meager funds. A sigh of relief escaped parched lips in finding both his money and the jeweled vial untouched.

***

Drawn by visions she could not explain, and twisting within the labyrinth of her eternal hunger Tara stalked the hallow night. A predator burning with a lustful desire, the excitement thrilling as sharpened senses presented the path beyond. Without reason or design she found her way to this alleyway; desire in sight, the Hunger growing ravenous.

With her all seeing eyes it became clear. She could see several clowns jacking some poor fool, in the wrong place at the wrong time. Watching from the shadows, bearing witness as the young thugs mockingly tormented their victim. Tara could almost taste their mounting fury as this target held nothing they considered as valuables. As she drew nearer she recognized the victim as the saint that aided her escape just hours ago. They grew more violent with each devastating blow and more self-assured, their excitement deliciously sweet to the liar-in-wait. She moved with silent grace, stalking the shadows a predator of the night. She was hunting the hunters with delicately perfect precision. Tara could hear their mocking calls, could smell their sweat; the sweet aroma beckoning. How she longed to taste their excitement. The sheer ecstasy of the hunt consumed her, intoxicating bliss cloaked her senses, and she welcomed its warm release.

She waited in the shadows, watching patiently until the moment was right, and then struck with deadly persecution. Her attack came from behind, they howled with surprise as her talons ripped through unguarded flesh. They fell beneath her rage. The battle was quick, ending before it began. Her prey lie defeated at her feet; mercy upon their lips, doom crushing their hearts and souls. A gleeful smile parted those luscious lips exposing grim fate in bestir fangs. A haunting contrast reflected within the angelic depths of seductive eyes. Desperate cries echoed across the night to fall upon deaf ears.

***

Raven groaned as he staggered through the heaps of filth, his skull throbbing with every pulse. He found his way to several bodies, each broken, the look of fear now a permanent mask. Smiling to himself he gathered what remained undamaged or unnoticed by the attacker, "Shit happens to those who fuck with me," he snarled.

Upon his inspection the nature of their death revealed, unseeing eyes sunken and hallow staring through the frozen haze to nothing. Empty vessels, the wellspring of life extinguished as flesh now ridged and pale locked in a frightful demise.

He searched through what remained of the corpses finding enough to sedate the rage. Just another day in paradise, he thought, fighting to maintain his balance. With his bounty he began his long track through the city, watching the masses. Feeling pity for their desperate attempts at control, he viewed their struggles with jealous contempt.

Wounded by loneliness, Raven wandered lost in thought. Unaware of the monuments and marvels which he passed, until finding the vast expanse of the city park. How he came to this place he could not explain, but here among the scent of earth and tall trees he was granted a mild relief. There he paused for a rest and noticed the last glimpse of day passing quickly below the horizon. He watched the light reflecting on towers of glass and steel painting the sky with brilliance, and he could remember a time forgotten when those great towers were green with life holding high the heavens.

Lighting a cigarette his thoughts passed back to that beautiful stranger and the child, which he could not explain. She was something he had only dreamt in fantasies, a power too great to be restrained, free. His heart filled with desire as he remembered her bound and defiant. Her strength was impressive, her courage unmatched. She was victorious even in defeat yet something remained unexplained. How he longed for her touch.

The child on the other hand perplexed his mind, for this was no ordinary infant adopted by kindness. This creature to him was no child at all, but some spirit sent on a perilous quest. Helpless to the monsters, which sought its mysteries, and bound to a stranger he could not understand. They would never be safe, and now his soul rest in dangers untold.

To be hunted for his actions, enticed a threatening desire, and he smiled. A desire to crush these evil fiends, and journey to unknown lengths he would search for his personal savior. A passionate hunger to protect this stranger, he could not fathom. These emotions alien, electric tendrils caress the fringe of consciences, filling him, compelling him beyond reason.