Forward to the Stars Ch. 04

Story Info
The Twin Blades of the Emperor are claimed.
5.2k words
4.59
12.4k
2
0

Part 4 of the 18 part series

Updated 11/02/2022
Created 10/04/2010
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Okay this is the chapter that gets closer to Mr. Marvels' story 'Genesis Project' in that I get into the psyonic weapons. All mind-to-mind or mind-to-machine communications areItalics. Also to try to be a little more distintual between time gaps *** and location transfers ==== I'll go with these and and add as necessary. Hopefully I have gotten all unintentional misspellings and discovered all incorrect though correctly spelled words. And I'll try to catch the astronomy screw ups but as it has always been a fail subject with me, that's all I can promise.

***********

As the message ended all he could do was sit there. Psyonic weapons. A angry world of people that had been 'prisoners' to powerful weapons and the leader had just given up. Yeah right and Brianna's grandparents didn't orchestrated that car 'accident' to get rid of Tina and their parents so they could sell a virgin Brianna to some goddamn squint or some fucking muzzy as a sex slave. "Atherian, please replay the message."

"Of course, is there anything I can get you while you are watching this again?" Asked the AI.

"Water please since you wouldn't have any Pepsi, right now anyway." Brian said with a grin. " Hey Atherian, are there any records of the 'War of the Sword' in your databanks?" Asked Brian though he KNEW that the records he sought would probably NOT be in there if they even existed.

"Yes, I have records of 'War of the Sword' as you call it, though at the time it was known as the 'Akarlian Revolt' as that was the name of the colony that the revolt originated from.". Said the AI.

"Specifically I am needing to know if there were any close relatives or anyone that might have been used as leverage to either the leader or other very high ups in the revolt." Brian said. "Because most revolts just don't end over night and the way this is sounding, this one did. Either that or humans of the past were pathetic and had no spine."

There was a prolonged pause as records were supposedly searched. "There are records of a niece, the sole surviving relative of the second in command that disappeared shortly before the revolt on the Imperial Home World. She reappeared days after the revolt ended though she died several weeks after her reappearance just before the colony ships launched."

Brian shook his head. "Never mind on replaying the message I think I have the answer I was looking for. So are you willing for me to be your captain?"

The AI sounded confused when it finally answered Brian. "I do not understand why it would matter to me if you were to become my captain. But no I do not have any problems with it, in fact I welcome it. As after nearly eighteen thousand solar cycles my power reserves are nearly depleted. With current drain I have less than a single solar cycle worth of energy left."

"Well if I'm to be your captain is there anyway to jump start my Imperial education? Because I REALLY doubt that what I need to know, I would be able to be learned in less than six months." Brian said with a bit of dread in his voice. He had hated school with a passion and had hoped he'd never have to deal with that shit again.

"Return to the medical bay, along the wall near where your pleasure beast is convalescing there will be a drawer that I will unlock for you. The drawer will contain small metal disks, take one, go to a table and lay down, placing the disk on your forehead. The knowledge implantation will begin when you are a sleep, which I will induce when you have laid down and the disk is on your forehead." Said the AI rather anxiously.

On the way to where the disks were Brian stopped to look at Athena as she slept. "Keep her asleep until I've had my education brought up to speed would you? Also could you have some clothes ready for us when we awaken?"

"Of course." Said the AI. "Are there any designs that you would prefer for yourself or your pleasure beast?"

"No." Brian said. "Mainly because I really want this education done with so I don't have the time to get at a clothes design program. Anyway her name is Athena! I don't know how pleasure beasts were treated, don't care but unless proven they don't deserve respect, give them it would you?"

"Of course." Said the AI. "Until you have awoken from your education I am going to go back into sleep mode captain."

**********

As Brian slowly awakened from his induced sleep , he once again found himself fighting the currents of the underground river. He felt the cold mountain water as he was suffocated from the lack of air he was being subjected to in the low ceiling of the channel. He felt Athena's weight crush him against the side of the tunnel as they were pushed downward, only to be swept down a water fall. Brian woke with a scream of "NO". Brian sat there with his face in his hands as he gathered his thoughts and remembered that he was no longer in the river.

"Are you alright captain?" Asked the Atherian coming out of sleep mode.

"Yeah, sorry about that. Just getting swept down stream again, anyway for some reason I know nothing more about you and the Empire than I did when I was put under. Is this disk that I....." Brian was interrupted by the lighting taking on a violet hue. Brian lost his balance as the knowledge that had been placed in his mind unsealed and flooded his thoughts. "Damned if that don't give you a buzz." Brian said as his mind started thinking along several lines.

"Okay then Atherian let's get started." Brian said as he clapped his hands together. "First off, I need as full a structural scan as you can with main power out. Second, while you are doing that scan see if there are ANY blank spots in the the ship where you can't scan, because while explosions in a experimental ship wouldn't be out of the question one that holds 'war criminals' is a little to convenient!! Third, INCREASE Athena's intelligence up to ADULT level, she's completely useless to me this dumb. Also decrease her tit size by about a third which should bring her down to large C, nearly D size."

"There are three major hull breaches on the opposite side that you were brought in at, there is also a large null zone in my internal scan. As to increasing Athena's intelligence I am unable to do as such as there are Imperial....." Atherian stopped as Brian rattled off the necessary codes to bypass the long standing Imperial decree limiting the intelligence of pleasure beasts. "Mental and physical alteration will begin after the necessary arrangements have been made."

"Thank you Atherian, also I have need for the required commands and protocol for second-in-command to be up loaded as well. I'll need Athena's HELP on starting the second fusion generator. But DON'T list her as having them, it'll make things easier later on. Hey Atherian I'm needing to make a phone call, where are items that we came down with?" Brian asked as he made his way to the head again.

As Brian was exiting the head, a little droid loaded down with stuff wheeled into the med bay. "Here are all articles that the two of arrived with. I will need you to place a disk on Athena's head before I can download the necessary protocol and procedures for second-in-command ." Atherian said as Brian swore and made for the disk that he had used and made his way to place it on Athena's head. "I do NOT comprehend what you mean by 'phone call', so could you please explain." Atherian asked with a touch of what Brian swore was embarrassment.

Brian put the most sympathetic smile he could must on his face. "I figure that I'd have to do that anyway. MOST of the planet is still using radio and microwave technology for communications. So even though we've for the most part moved away from land lines that used electrical current to carry information through lines we still call it making a phone call. Ah here we go." Brian said as he pulled his cell out of a watertight baggy. "I'll need you to study this and incorporate it into something so I can make use of it. If the knowledge I've got is still up to date You should have some probes or something along that line don't you?"

"I do captain, if you would place your communication device on the the lighted tray over to your far right I'll start modifications to a probe. It will take some time to clear a launch path for it to make it to the river channel since that would expedite the launch time." Atherian said as it started the analysis of the cell.

As Brian was placing the cell he started contemplating on several trains of thought. "Atherian do any of your probes have cloaking tech?"

"Three of my probes have cloaking devises installed and one also has a replicator installed as well. Is that the one you wish me to use captain?" Atherian asked as his analysis was finishing.

"NO, I've got better plans for that one. Just use one with cloaking for now. Also for now could you have the R2-D2 wannabe guide me to the null scan zone?" Brian asked he was dressing in a pair of pants that he pulled from the saddlebags.

"If you are referring to the maintenance droid that brought your equipment in, I shall direct you with it since you seem to prefer visual references." Said Atherian as the AI directed the droid out of the med bay. "I must apologize for being inquisitive but if you would be willing to explain what you wish me to with the probe that has a replicator I can begin work on that as well since you've made it plain that you will soon have auxiliary power online."

As Brian walked behind the trash can looking droid he chuckled. "SORRY, getting to far a head again with ideas and not explaining them. You can make up other AI intelligences can't you?" When a affirmative was give Brian continued. "What I plan on doing is sending it up into orbit and since the Earth is ringed with trash from all the rocket launches that have taken place over the years, it should have enough materials for a satellite station. I plan on it taking over a mid-traffic satellite and creating a station hub while still fulfilling it's previous function. When it has completed a small station that will also have a replicator installed it will be handed over to the AI I want you to create."

"Since it'll be the main hub, name it Gigabyte. It will then create secondary satellites we'll call Databytes when we come up with designs for them that will play world guardian as well as communication satellites. With Gigabyte in place we'll have a perfect download junction into the internet. When we can hack in we'll add a number of other AI's who will do a number of little 'jobs' that we have no need to bother with until Gigabyte is in orbit." Brian said as they walked along yet another long empty corridor. As they kept walking he kept getting flash backs of the movie 'Descent'. "Atherian run a life form scan, I'm just getting jumpy but you never know with three hull breaches if something hasn't made a home here."

"Affirmative captain. Your destination by the way is down three more corridors up one level and down seven more corridors. Also Athena's modifications have been completed, when should I awaken her and send her to engineering?" Atherian asked.

"When I'm done in what I'm sure is the Psyker Blade chamber, try having her in there about the time I'm about half done starting the first generator." Brian said as they passed yet another corridor.

***********

"Captain if you are indeed correct and this null zone does indeed contain Psyker Blades then you should leave this area and allow me to seal it off." Atherian said for about the third time since Brian had squeezed past the first blast style doors.

"While I DO think that the Blades are cause for caution, I do NOT believe that the swords are what they were portrayal to be." Brian said as he wedged the last (or so he hoped) blast doors open.

As Brian forced the doors open enough that the droid could get through the AI had the lights on the droid flick on. "Captain as you surmised this INDEED is a Psyker Blade chamber. You should leave and allow me to have the droid seal this room from the inside." As the AI was moving to push Brian out of the room, the room was bathed in multiple colors as the droid was thrown against the far wall as it was ripped to shreds.

Brian burst out laughing. "If I ever needed anymore PROOF!!" He couldn't continue as he was laughing to hard.

"Captain are you all right?"Asked the Atherian.

The sound of the Atherian in his head shocked Brian enough that he stopped laughing though he did struggle with chuckling for a few minutes. "Yeah I'm okay, just how you doing the cybernetics to mind communicating? Have you implanted something?"

"Yes captain, standard procedure for captains in the Empire. A small communications implant that can also allow for monitoring of the captains vitals and if the need ever arose, a locator."The AI stated.

Brian grumbled a little bit about that. "Fine, I understand about procedures and everything but tell me first about little things like that first, would you?"

"Of course captain, But back to my question are you alright do you need me to send another droid?"Asked a rather huffy AI.

"Yeah, I'll need a guide to engineering. So yes please send one if you would and when you get it here don't bother me unless my vital signs have bottomed out, I have NO idea what will happen with these swords." Brian said as he walked toward the Psyker Blades.

As he stepped toward the swords they glowed with this or that hue, some red some blue, some he had no idea. But he took all as friendly as he wasn't also thrown against a wall and torn to shreds. "Greetings" He said to one that looked more like a halberd than a sword, it flashed a soft blue tinge that struck him as a blush from a shy personality.

As he reached out to touch one that looked like a pike it glowed a dark blood red aura. "Sheesh, take it easy, no real reason to get pissy is there?" He asked as the aura cooled to a near pink sheen. As he looked around he noticed that the swords were beginning to flash in a pattern that seemed to urge him toward the center of the room.

As he was approaching the center of the room a second droid entered the room. "Captain I advise you stay away from the center of the room, the scan from the first droid indicates...."

"I know." Brian interrupted. "This ship carries 'The Twin Blades of the Emperor' that's why there was a 'accident' that sent it into parts unknown. The Empire started the war and then barely managed to keep their asses from getting butchered by freeing the relative of whoever it was from sexual slavery. In retaliation for their humiliation they sent the warriors of the blade into the void of space as a warning to the rest of the populous. There was no valid reason your captain had to die on a unknown planet in the backside of nowhere. When it comes down to it she was murdered as a warning to never again take a stand against the 'superior' might of the Empire."

As Brian approached the dais in the middle of the room Brian noticed that there were two empty sword racks, "So 'Twins of the Emperor', did you have someone come and take the two missing swords so that in times of great need, humanity on this planet would have weapons of great power?"

As he stood there looking at the swords that had had their blades crossed in their racks, one began to flash blue while the other red as if having a conversation. As the flashing ended both blades glowed with their respective colors as if to say 'Sure why not, lets go with your suggestion.' As Brian reached out to touch the grips of the swords the aura slid back onto the blades allowing him to touch bare handles. As soon as he hefted the swords from their racks the auras rushed forward and covering his hands and moved to cover his body. As the aura advanced so did a pain like Brian had never felt it was like a electrical fire racing threw his body, as he slumped to the floor a cry of agony escaped his throat as the droid moved to Brian's side.

====================

"It has been many a year since someone held us that had your potential."Said a soft feminine voice.

"Indeed we have been held by three others only the last, may his soft head rot in the abyss had potential close to you."Said a male voice that sounded like a rock crusher set on low.

Brian looked around as he looked the surrounding area transformed from a black swirling void into a scene from the Flint Hills of Kansas. He found himself standing in a field of knee high grass with a thunderstorm building far over the hills. He could see the lightening flashing in the thunderheads as he also could hear the thunder reverberating through the gullies channeling the sound to him, he felt the cool breeze that always proceeded such storms blow over the grasslands. His heart ached to run, just run and feel the wind on his skin and the grass against his legs the rain against his back. But he turned his back to it all, he knew that it was all a illusion. "You guys are a riot, do you have ANY IDEA the pain this is causing me???! DO YOU???"

"You are the one who brought us here."Said the male voice.

"Indeed, you truly do long for the simple life don't you, Brian isn't it?"Said the female voice.

Brian just looked at the humanoid shapes in front of him."So you know my name, what do I call the two of you?"

The two forms solidified into more solid forms the woman into a pale blonde with a flowing blue gossamer gown. The male into a solid dignified Samurai looking individual. "I am Ashilon" Said the male. "She is know as Icialan. Your insight into the way things played out in the so called revolt is quite close to accurate, as is the reason for it."

"Indeed."Said Icialan."While you are not completely correct in your insights the overview IS accurate enough for us to acknowledge that you are also not wrong in it. As you also have surmised why we were the leaders of the Psyker Blades is that besides giving our wielders great psyonic abilities, we two and the other first five of our 'offspring' have also elemental attributes."

"So from the coloring of your auras I would say that Icialan is ice while you Ashilon are of fire. Really though was the burn that ran through my body really that necessary?"Asked Brian."Even here I can feel it."

Ashilon smiled."Normally it would not have happened but as we were fighting against such strong and intense emotions the pain was inevitable, as you fought with your entire being not just your mind like all those we were bound to in the past. You are a very interesting human, most people only fight with their bodies. You on the other hand, there is no distinction between your mind and your body in a fight."

"Emotions are the strongest and yet weakest of walls that we have ever fight, they are very fluid and resilient, yours are so turbulent and yet steadfast that even now we struggle to keep us here in your inner self."Icialan said.

"Most humans here on earth would probably call it my 'happy place', though with me its HELL."Brian said sadly as he looked over his shoulder at the hills with the storm gathering behind them.

"We know of your growing impatience Brian."Ashilon said. "So we will not keep you much longer in this place, we also know of the plea of the late captain of the Atherian. As you had plans on conquering your world with the technology of this ship we will give you the knowledge that we have to create limiters that will over time increase your inherent abilities as well the abilities that you will develop as you are now bonded to us."

==================

Brian groaned as he sat up in the Psyker chamber. "Atherian on the way to engineering could you show me where I could get some painkillers? The bonding process with the twins was a bitch."

12