Found Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
cowboi
cowboi
141 Followers

"Joseph I do not want these two fighting at all. I love them as if they were my own brothers! I cannot let them fight to the death." declared Martin.

"You seeked my council and I have given it. It is the only way to resolve this problem; or have one of them leave the pack for good."

"What happened to the brother who had to leave?" Martin asked, hoping to find some other resolution.

Looking at Martin, Joseph replied as he held onto Susan's hand, "My brother lives in Montana; Red Lodge to be exact." Joseph said. He and his brother Daniel were the closest of brothers when they were younger. Never in their lives would they thought someone could ever become between them. But Joseph proved to be the stronger of the two and was able to claim Susan as his mate. It was declared that Daniel would move to Red Lodge with some other werewolves who were outcasts. After he left, Joseph seized all contact with his older brother.

Martin looked at the two men in front of him. He has known both of them since they were younger and saw them grow up and become the men they are now. To have one leave or worse, die played in his mind. Has it really come down to this?

"Is there some way, some spell, potion that Grant can take to make him forget about Calen?" asked Martin.

"Of course there isn't! If there was, don't you think I would have my brother here with me now." Joseph answered back sharply.

"This is fucking ridiculous! A spell to make me forget Calen! I cannot believe I'm hearing this Martin!" Grant shouted out in anger and frustration.

"Mind your tone with me Grant! I am your alpha and you show me respect!" Martin shouted back at Grant. "Yes if there was such a thing you would have to take it!"

Lucas looked over at Grant. He saw the anger and frustration in his face. How could he blame him? They were forbidding him to claim Calen. "Grant, I love you as if your were my own blood brother and I'd do anything for you, but Calen is mine and I will do whatever it takes to show that he belongs to me. I will NOT give him up!" Lucas stood up and met with Grant face to face. Martin's inner wolf was on alert as he thought the two lycans were going to fight.

"Luke, I will not fight you to the death. I have too much to lose regardless if I win or lose. But I can't stand the fact that you get Calen. Look at me, I am rich, have a successful law firm, I can offer him so much." Grant said arrogantly. That was downfall of Grant. He thought too highly of himself and felt he deserved things because of who he is.

"I am not rich, but I can offer Calen true love. I don't see him as a prize or something to show off Grant. He is not an object." Lucas said back to him. Grant walked up to Joseph and demanded WHY Lucas. "I have told you already, and your alpha has told you already. What else do you want me to say?"

"Lucas you had your chance years ago to get him but you didn't. You stayed away."

"I told you already why Grant. I was sent on that search party to find that asshole Braydon. I couldn't just leave in the middle of the search. I had orders from my alpha and I went and did what I was told. When I did go back a few weeks later, he was gone. I didn't know where he went."

"So in that time you were with him, he never talked to you? He never said anything? So he just treated you like a house dog. For his future mate, you are sure doing a fucked up job!" Grant said back to Lucas, wanting to make him feel worse about the fact he lost Calen.

"He didn't tell me anything. We just stayed together and walked around his ranch. He would talk to me, but wouldn't go in-depth. He took care of me when I was injured and made sure no humans saw me. I was a fucking wolf!" Lucas said back heatedly. "But I knew that I couldn't stay with him forever. I knew Martin and the rest of the pack was worried enough as it is. Like I said before, I did my duty as a pack member, something you don't know all too much about!"

"What the fuck is that suppose to mean Lucas?"

"I didn't leave the pack and act as if we didn't exist." Lucas answered back.

"I left to start a new life! Remember, I even asked you to come with me. And what do you mean I acted like you all didn't exist?"

"How many times a year did we see you: once a month, once every four months, once a year...

"Enough!" Martin interrupted. "I will not have this in my house or anywhere else. Lucas, grant, I love you two, but I will not have you fight over Calen. I know he is special to both of you, but not enough to have you fight to the death. I will not allow it!" Martin stood from up form his desk and walked towards the feuding pack members. His heart was aching inside and knew he was to blame. Whatever the outcome of this situation will be, he would not like.

"So, what shall it be?" Joseph asked.

"Fuck this! I'm going to get my things and get out of here. This isn't worth it!" Grant grabbed his coat and stormed to the front door. "Oh Lucas, it won't be a month or another year until you see me, it will be NEVER!" With that, Grant looked straight at Lucas and then slammed the door shut.

"Grant!" Martin shouted out.

"Leave him be Martin, he has made his choice." Joseph said as he stood up. Melania entered the room after hearing all the commotion going on.

"What's going on? Where did Grant go?"

"He's leaving." Marco answered.

"What?"

"He said it wasn't worth fighting, so he left." Lucas answered. That was it, after all these years he gains Calen, but loses Grant. Deep down he wished Grant wouldn't have left the way he did, but at the same time he felt no regret with what happened.

"So he is just going to leave--just like that?" Melania asked Martin.

"Its his choice Melania. We cannot have any internal struggle with the pack. Yes, Grant is leaving like that and won't be back." A lump formed in Martin's throat. He hadn't seen Grant for a couple of years and now its going to be permanent.

"This is the way it has to be young one. I know it hurts but you will have to find it in yourself to move on." Joseph said as he looked at Melania.

Just then, Grant's car screeched out of the drive way. There was a few seconds of silence. It was done, Grant is gone.

"Well, it is what it is. We cannot leave our guests waiting in the dining room.. They came to celebrate and I am sure they will want to know what just went on. Joseph and Susan, I insist you two stay for dinner. I wont take no for an answer."

"Thank you Martin, we appreciate it." Joseph replied back. As everyone exited Martin's office, Lucas still remained seated. The shock of it all was just overwhelming. Grant was gone--for good.

Martin looked back to see Lucas still sitting. He walked over to Lucas and knelt down. "Look I know this has been rough. I know you're hurting, but I would rather have Grant leave then have you two fight until one gets killed. My heart and soul wouldn't be able to handle that."

"I know and you're right. But I can't believe it happened though."

"It happens, but you have to let it go and just go forward. You don't have to worry about Grant trying to get Calen anymore and you can continue to court him!"

"Court? Did you just say court? Who the hell says 'court' anymore?" Lucas said, forcing out a smile. Martin smiled back and shook his head.

"Keep that smile Lucas, its going to win Calen over!"

Thanks Martin. Ok. I'm hungry--let's go eat!"

"Let's go!" Martin said back. Lucas rose from his chair and headed straight to the door.

"FLAT TIRE!"

"HEY!" Lucas shouted as Martin stepped on the heel of his shoe causing him to stumble. Martin pushed past and ran.

"I swear--one day you old fart!"

***************************************************

The next morning, Calen woke up and made an early breakfast for Natalie and him. He wanted to know all about her date with William, so he decided to butter her up with her favorite breakfast--eggs done sunny side up on buttered toast smothered with picante sause and fresh brewed coffee. The aroma of the food filled the whole house. Enough to wake Natalie wake up. Grabbing her robe she headed to Miggy's room to see if he was awake but saw he was still asleep. Stopping midway down the hall, she remembered the feeling she had when she saw Calen last night as he shut the door to his room. She still didn't know what it meant or as to why she felt that way. Not knowing what it all meant, she shrugged it off and headed to the kitchen.

"Morning Nat!"

"Morning. Something smells real good!"

"Well that could be the fresh pot of hot coffee, or the toast, or the eggs done sunny side up." Calen said as he fixed her a plate.

"Did you make this for me?"

"Of course I did." Putting the plate in front of her, Natalie took in the aroma of the food. As heavenly as it is, something was missing. Knowing her all to well, Calen walked over and put a table spoon of picante sauce on each egg. Now she was ready to eat.

"Are you going to have any?" Natalie asked as she took a sip of her coffee.

"Yeah, I'm serving myself now." Calen brought his plate over to the table and sat across from Natalie. Seeing her enjoying her breakfast, he knew the date last night went well. But as the best friend, he wanted to know the details.

"So how was the date?"

"It was great! We went to the movies, but it was closed. So we drove to the town square since they were having that jazz band there. We walked around for a little bit and then danced."

"Dancing huh. Sounds romantic!"

"It was. They played one of your favorite songs; Moonlight Serenade."

"They did?" Calen asked.

"Yup. William asked me if I liked the moonlight. I told him that I did and said that you did too and how you like riding your horses when the moon is out."

"Cool. Sounds like you had a great time."

"I did. It was weird at first, not in a bad way, but just weird. I never saw myself dating anyone after Mitchell, and now here is this new guy that I..." Natalie paused for a second.

"And..." Calen responded back, trying to encourage her to continue.

"And I think I'm falling for him." Natalie said back.

"You are?"

"I think so. I mean, the kiss didn't help matters..."

"YOU KISSED HIM?!"

Natalie sighed and blushed a little bit. "Yes. Well he kissed me first, but I didn't pull away. I don't know what it was, but that kiss was something I needed."

"Well maybe it helped you to move on. To realize that it is 'OK' to kiss someone and that its 'OK' to fall in love again." Calen said. Natalie nodded her head in agreement. Calen was right. She knew that if the tables were turned, she would want Mitchell to move on with his life and find someone who would make him happy.

"Maybe you're right."

"But then again you are talking to someone who is the king of shitty relationships so who knows if I'm right or not." Calen giggled as did Natalie. They both knew he was right about the kiss. "Just let things happen as they should."

After finishing breakfast, Natalie tended to Miggy, getting his diaper changed, dressed, and fed. Calen set about his morning finishing up some paperwork and getting ready to run some errands with Natalie. Since it was Saturday, both had the day off and planned to spend the day shopping. Something Calen didn't like doing. Natalie being the girly girl that she is, loved shopping. Calen on the other hand, would rather get his teeth pulled without anesthesia. Still, he got himself ready and went to see muggy at his play pen.

"Cal, I'm gonna jump into the shower real quick."

"Ok Nat."

"Come on Mig, let's go watch some cartoons." Taking Miggy to the living room, Calen sat on the recliner and turned the TV on. Flipping through the channels, he soon came upon Tom & Jerry. Miggy began clapping his hands and bouncing on Calen's lap.

"You like that huh? I grew up watching this cartoon."

"Don't bounce too much, you are gonna end up puking all over me and I don't want to change clothes."

Hearing a knock at the door, Calen slowly got up and put Miggy in his play pen and headed towards the front door. He wasn't expecting anyone and thought maybe it might be William stopping by to see Natalie. After opening the door, he was surely surprised.

"Hey Lucas!"

"Hi Calen. I hope I didn't catch you at a bad time?"

"No you didn't. Come in." A wave of heat surged through Calen's face. Why is this happening every time I am near Lucas? he thought. Walking over to the living room, Lucas tried real hard not to stare at Calen. The drive there was hard enough as it is and now he was in Calen's home. His inner wolf paced impatiently as he followed Calen.

"Want some coffee?"

"Sure?"

"Do you take it with milk and sugar or black?"

"Just black would be fine."

Calen smiled then headed towards the kitchen. Lucas walked over to Miggy's play pen and knelt down to see him. "Hey buddy, you watchin' some cartoons?" Miggy responded with a laugh and a small fart.

"He always does that!" Calen said as he walked back into the living room, handing Lucas his cup of coffee.

"He is a cute kid." Lucas said as he took sip of his coffee. As he put the mug closer to his lips, he could smell the faint scent of Calen on the cup. He could smell where his lips had touched the mug, even after its many washings. He turned the mug and placed his lips where Calen's lips once touched. His inner wolf was satisfied; for the moment.

"Listen, I hope you don't mind me coming over so early, but I wanted to invite you and Natalie to a bar-b-que later on today."

"Where at?"

"At Martin's house. He wants to have a get together with the whole staff."

"Cool. At what time?"

"4 o'clock. I'm on my way to the supermarket to get all the meat and stuff that we need. So I decided to stop here on my way there instead of calling you."

"That's nice of you, but you do realize the supermarket is on the other side of town." Calen said with a smile.

"Well I took the scenic route!"

"Uh huh." Both men smiled and laughed. Seeing Calen's smile brought back memories of when he first saw him. It was the first thing he saw when he came too after going unconscious in Calen's arms. The urge to throw Calen down and kiss him was strong. He needed to feel those lips. Stay calm he thought.

After a few minutes of just standing there in almost utter silence, Natalie headed towards the living room after taking her shower. She overheard Calen talking to someone and instantly recognized Lucas' voice.

"Hey Lucas."

"Morning Natalie."

"What brings you to our neck of the woods?"

"He decided to take a tour of our town." Calen said as he smiled at Lucas. Lucas smiled back and responded, "We're having a cookout later on today at Martin's and came by to invite you and Calen."

"Sounds like fun. Haven't been to a cookout in a while."

"So I take it I will see you at Martin's?" Lucas asked nervously.

"Yeah we will be there. We gotta do some errands and other stuff but we will be there." Natalie answered back. Calen's face turned red.

"Great! I will see you two in a few hours." Lucas said as he handed his coffee mug to Calen. For a brief moment, he looked into Calen's eyes. He longed to just stare into them. When the time is right, he will have his chance to do so.

"Well I better get going. I don't want to keep you two from your errands and Martin will chew my leg off if I don't get the meat to him on time."

Walking towards the door, Lucas turned and said bye to Calen and Natalie. As he drove off, Calen closed the door and headed towards the living room with Natalie and Miggy.

"That was nice of him to drop by and invite us." Natalie said as she picked up Miggy from his play pen.

"Yeah it was."

"What time did he get here?"

" I don't know. I guess when started to take your shower."

"And you didn't ask him to sit...CALEN!"

"What?!" Calen said back shrugging his shoulders.

"You could of offered him to have a seat and not just stand there the whole time!"

"Well it didn't cross my mind. When I saw him at the door my mind went all blank."

"Uh huh."

"Don't 'uh huh' me Nat!"

"Sounds to me like you have a crush on Lucas."

"WHAT?! You are out of your mind Natalie! I don't have a crush on him!" Natalie looked at Calen as if he was guilty. Calen turned red and looked away.

"You know I don't do crushes. And even if I did, I don't know if he is gay or not. Plus I don't want any kind of relationship. AND even if I DID have a crush on him, we work together and I don't do office romances."

"I know, I was just teasing you. But you have to snap out of that mind set. Its not healthy.'

"Are we going to talk about my love life or do you want to go shopping?" Calen asked sarcastically.

Natalie breathed in and sighed. "Let me go get Miggy."

Calen grabbed his keys and waited for Natalie. He kept telling himself that he has no crush on Lucas and has no desire to date him or anyone else. Anyways, how could he have a crush on Lucas. He has known the man for a few days only. Yes, Lucas was attractive, nicely built, good personality, and an overall nice guy, but so was his ex boyfriend, Charlie. Charlie cheated on Calen left and right and lied to him constantly. Naturally he couldn't compare both of them to each other, but what he went through with Charlie, and his two previous bad relationships, he couldn't help but not trust anyone. Even if he tried a new relationship how could it last when one half has no trust in the other?

The trio headed out the door to Calen's truck. Natalie buckled Miggy into his car seat and then shut the door. Calen opened the driver's side door and was about to get in when something caught his attention.

"Do you smell that?"

"What?" Natalie asked as she got into the truck. Sniffing the air, Calen tried to figure out what that scent was.

"It smells sweet or something. You can't smell it?"

Natalie got out and sniffed the air. She couldn't smell anything. "No I can't smell anything Calen."

Calen shrugged it off and both got into the truck.

**********************************************************************

Later that day, Melania's husband Marco fired up the grill that was in the back yard of Martin's house. People were scheduled to arrive in about an hour, so it left just enough time for Melania, Marco, Martin and a few others from the pack to set out chairs and tables and finish off the food. Martin didn't have his catering company out this time. He wanted it to be a small affair with the staff members and didn't want it to feel impersonal.

"Did you take the steaks out?" Marco hollered to Melania who was in the kitchen finishing the side dishes.

"What?!" She hollered back.

"The steaks--did you take them out of the fridge? They need to get to room temp."

"Yes baby, I took them out a few minutes ago. Do you want something to drink?"

"Bring me a beer please." Melania went out and gave her husband a beer and a kiss on the cheek before she headed back into the kitchen.

Lucas and Martin went out to get the ice and last minute items for the cookout. On their way back home, both stayed relatively quiet. The blow up from the night before played heavily on their minds. But there was nothing they could do about it. On top of that William told Martin of the scent of werewolves that he didn't recognize. Martin and the surrounding packs were on high alert. New through the grapevine is that Braydon had turned another innocent human into a lycan. A full moon was approaching and the scent of a newly turned werewolf was strong.

"So did you call Natalie and Calen?" Martin asked trying to break the silence.

"No. I went by their house instead."

"You did? must have been some drive. Was it hard to find?"

"Naw. William gave me the directions, but as soon as I pulled into the dirt road, I was able to smell Calen's scent. So it was easy to find it."

cowboi
cowboi
141 Followers