Frances of Venus: Report 02

Story Info
Author's dreams of adult space drama.
2.8k words
3.82
12.3k
00
Story does not have any tags

Part 2 of the 6 part series

Updated 08/30/2017
Created 08/20/2005
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Literotica has to look out for potential lawsuits so my introductory stories using Star Trek characters were placed in the Celebrities section with a disclaimer. However, these stories belong to Sci-Fi fans. To avoid any problems for Literotica all references to TV or Movie characters have been removed. The names are changed to protect ... us, but your imagination can link with mine to create the right characters.

The following is the end of a dream in a series of dreams that lasted over two years. They were borne out a desire for the vengeance of good over evil.

Episode Two: Wrong Aim - Conclusion

The stars shined harmlessly, like fireflies on earth. From a distance, stars seem so nice as they twinkle, gentle and pretty. Closer they are blazing cauldrons of tremendous heat and deadly electromagnetic radiation of various frequencies and wavelengths. Comets streaking across the sky are sometimes considered good luck to those who wish upon a falling star. But that depends on whom it lands on. All in all, objects from space are better seen from afar.

When Frances of Venus entered sector 12 of the Rem Alliance territory, no one was calm. Scout ships saw her advance several light years away and reported her approach like a countdown. Sometimes they would see a bluish white streak go into a dark space and exit far in the distance. Gravity monitors jumped for an instant indicating something very large was moving into the sector.

Three groups in particular waited nervously. Aboard the starship Venture, Nefti looked out at the stars from the cafeteria. She was a golden tanned woman with soft green eyes and long shiny red hair. Lately, she had tried to take her mind off the meeting with Ambassador Frances by trying to make herself look more beautiful than ever. She knew of Frances' intense weakness for other women and she was secretly going to try to impress Frances with her beauty. Maybe Frances might not want to kill her right away or at all. If only she got a chance to talk to her.

She knew Frances was telepathic. Then Frances would know that Nefti was telling the truth when she told her that she had thought she was on the side of the good guys when she fired the torpedoes that killed Frances' lover. The conflict in space was to be part of the crusade to win back long stolen territory from a supposedly deadly group, in the Qari zone. Major Nefti and all the other soldiers of the Rem Alliance didn't know they had been deceived and were actually taking over Qari territory for their council's financial gain. The council wanted control of the mineral rights. Nefti hoped that Frances would understand their mistake ... and care.

Danii, the ships empath and others had tried to calm Nefti but she felt so alone and afraid to feel guilty, lest she not convince Frances. She didn't feel she deserved death. No matter how she tried she couldn't stop the tears. That made everyone near her nervous. That's why she had just left the bridge. Her only solace was that Captain Eastwood seemed confident and remained calm. Now the fear was spreading in this room.

On earth, The Galactic Federation forum was loud and chaotic. Many were there to hear of the approaching nightmare. The telepathic Liaisons of Venus were gathered to report whatever Frances thought projected to them as she approached. The vultures were gathered to take over trade routes and contracts of the Rem Alliance. Some were trying to sell useless weapons that were said to be effective against Frances, based on the Report One data crystal.

Oddly enough, the Federation itself had started a Research and Development covert project with only one council member responsible for it's operation. Its avenues of exploration were machines to destroy stars and biotech to kill telepaths. The councilman had never been asked to do this, only hinted. If caught, Frances would be horribly brutal, but the risk was that she wouldn't attack the Federation - just him. Many in the forum were already saying she was way too powerful, even though she didn't interfere in the politics of most of Federation members. The Venture got the dangerous task of gathering info on Frances because of the many people that she liked on the Venture.

On Rem, Kondale, head Minister of the Alliance had not slept all night. His tall frame looked somewhat haggard and bent. His long hair and reddish brown skin looked good outside after he applied cosmetics, but inside he felt tired and worried. Last night he had the dubious pleasure of deciding who escapes before the Ambassador arrives and who stays and maybe dies. He had secretly sent away some of the best minds of the Alliance to a remote colony, but he was afraid to alert the masses. He had requested a Liaison from The Federation to help deal with Ambassador Frances. The first thing Amel told him was that no one deals with Frances; there are only levels of submission. Amel, like most Liaisons of the Ambassador was beautiful. A short curly blonde with a cute girlish face, she was usually taken for a timid being. Usually that impression lasted no longer than her introduction. Her frame was curvaceous, athletic and strong, just like her personality.

"You need to get your people going on Phase One of the disintegration of the indentured servant system" was the second thing she told him.

"Hello, to you too." he said as he looked first at her eyes, then face, then her ample breasts in her clear blouse.

"I'm sorry Minister, but I hope you will not consider me tactless or rude, but you will have to be extremely tactful and submissive when you meet with Frances. She plays parliamentary rules, but the stakes are ridiculously high. I want you to get used to me being rude, because the last thing you will do is lose your composure and be rude to Frances. Literally - the last thing."

Kondale looked bothered. "I got the crystal from Devout One Baltis of the military. I read Report One. How do things look?"

"So far OK, but you've got to move fast."

"My council members won't readily embrace this Phase One draft I've been working on. Your suggestions will spell disaster to some of the interests of the lobbyist."

"Sir, with all the submissiveness I can present to you, I plead with you that if there is resistance in the council you must invoke martial law. You may be called upon to arrest and kill those who speak out while Frances is here, just to pacify her."

"What! Kill? Are you...?"

Amel kept on speaking. "The excuse is that the person is hereby convicted of treason, for anyone who deliberately angers Frances threatens the entire Alliance." Then emphatically and very slowly she said, "Are we clear on this Minister?"

He just stared. She didn't blink and went on.

"Remember she is telepathic so don't even let yourself get angry but appear and be ready for honest negotiations. If she trusts you, your people have a chance. If not, who knows. She could just slaughter the whole council, if she reads many of the minds of the people and find them acceptable."

"Let's go meet them," he said as steeled himself for the political battle of his career and life.

Frances entered the orbit range of Rem. Her silver Z-ship did not orbit. It stood in space while the planet turned underneath. Amel looked up and felt her presence.

"She came to us first. Good, she didn't contact the forum with any political statements. That's good cause she's open to hear us first. I feel her calm anger. I almost wish she had picked to meet the Venture first to calm her down about the death of Karen of K. But remember if the negotiations go wrong she still has her law or Factor Two - the death of a loved one punishable by the slaughter up to one million inhabitants."

Kondale made contact. "Greetings, Ambassador. I regret that we meet under these circumstances but I trust our meeting will begin a long lasting growing relationship. We welcome you to our conference."

Frances of Venus transported or phased in front of them, dressed in what might appear as the black barbarian garb of a female warrior, showing gorgeous legs and beautiful skin. Her facial appearance was actually cute with the short jet-black hair. She might have been considered sexy if immediate death wasn't on the minds of those gathered.

The meeting went smoothly until a, Minister Ecir tried to offer moving the indentured servants to remote colonies. That would make more trips for Frances to check on the status of Phase One. The colony he wanted to move them to would benefit his own mining operations in the area and he said so. Frances refused saying the effort here was to reduce and eliminate, not disperse and hide. She then stared at him. Without taking her eyes off him her soft sweet lips said, "Minister Ecir is not here for the Alliance, but a telepath and spy about to subvert the talks to bring destruction on the Alliance. He even considers it worth his life."

Kondale almost dismissed her comment. "Surely not... Minister Ecir has served...." He stopped when he remembered to whom he was addressing. He looked at Amel, then said, "Guards, arrest Minister Ecir!"

The guards would have arrested Ecir, but he glared at Frances. "So be it!" was all she said as Factor Three went into effect - immediate death for insults. From nowhere she reached behind her and drew a sword that was so shiny it flashed as it sliced the minister from the right shoulder to his left hip. People got up and ran. The guards had been warned not to offend the Ambassador in any way and froze, not knowing what to do. Amel quickly threw her robe over the body and said "May we retire to the music room, where we may listen to soft music and taste delicacies while we compose ourselves." Then quickly stepped over the growing puddle of blood to exit the room.

Aboard the Venture, a message came in for the captain in his office. Eastwood called for Nefti over the intercom.

"Good News, the talks went Ok. Your people are saved. It seems that the required times of the indentured servants were reduced on a pro rate scale with the longest time being a year." He read on. "The Alliance will hold court and reimburse company losses with tax incentives and minerals. The alliance will also receive revenue from the asteroid Frances is going to move into their solar system. This will also bring merchants and employment. It will also open up jobs for indentured miners who already know the trade. The charter of the mission statement of the Alliance is being revised to prohibit conquest. The changes to the charter will probably make them acceptable to the Federation if they should ever decide to join. Frances didn't sign a treaty with them, but that's ok... However, it was not without some bloodshed."

Nefti's eyes widened. It would have been easier to deal with Frances if she had not already started killing. Eastwood continued slowly. "Frances scanned the minds of the council and killed the five, who were the engineers of the conquest operations and some councilman with strong business ties to the indentured servant system. Minister Kondale ordered the arrest and death of thirteen corporate leaders.

It also seems that, Frances told Minister Kondale that most of the thousands in the capital city thought the system was wrong." Then tilting his head and eyes away from the communications pad he said, " Something is odd. She wasn't there more than 3 hours, so when and how did she scan so many minds in so little time? It says she just visited the council."

He began tapping the pad on his palm. "Maybe it was an image that appeared to be listening to the ministers. We didn't know she could do this. We may have to update Report One on the data crystal "

"Captain to the Bridge" was all they needed to hear. Nefti and the captain knew what that meant. When the screen came on, Frances was solemn, looking more sad than angry. "I got your message. Hello, Captain, ...Danii, Commander."

Nefti's heart sank, but she gathered her courage. "Hello Frances." She whispered. She didn't call her Ambassador because she wanted to be personal, not formal. Frances merely looked at her. Nefti then pleaded "Can we please talk privately."

"Will you come here?" Frances asked with no emotion.

Danii jumped in. "Frances, I know you're upset. Please come here and get to know her before you judge her... Frances, Please."

Frances seemed to melt a little. Eastwood added, "You're welcome to come aboard and meet in the Holo-suite. We haven't seen you in a while."

Danii aimed straight for her heart. "Frances let us comfort you in this time and help you to understand this tragedy ...and grieve."

Frances asked Nefti, "Will you hide aboard this vessel forever?"

Nefti rubbed her palms together as she exhaled loudly and said, "After we talk, I'll go with you if you want." Captain Eastwood reasoned to himself that he would still have the asylum card to play, since Nefti had requested asylum. Frances still respected him.

They met in a Holo-design that looked like a sunny garden with tall green and white leafs. Large pink-eyed yellow petal flowers seemed to bow before them.

Nefti reached out to hold Frances' hands as they sat on a soft rock. At least Frances was not dressed as a warrior now. In truth her appearance was disarming. The simple flowing toga showed softness beneath, that almost startled Nefti. This innocent vulnerable looking maiden couldn't be the killer of thousands. She kissed Frances' hands and pressed them to the teardrops on her cheeks. "If I had known her..."

"You should go to her remembrance ceremony."

"If you think I should."

"I want you to orate her history to the gathering." Then in answer to Nefti's thought she said, "Learn of her."

Nefti began. " I really thought we were doing the right thing...Please... let me hug you... I would caress you, but I know you are hurt now. You know my heart is in wonder and awe at you. I would like to learn more of you too... Please don't hate me. I really want to ease your pain."

"I still haven't decide on Factor Two" Frances said reaching inside herself and summoning a harder cold attitude.

Nefti began to sob and shake her head as if to say No, No. "Frances, please... I already feel horribly ...responsible. Please don't make me live with the death of many more." Nefti couldn't bring herself to say the word "guilty" and wasn't sure she phrased that right because Frances could arrange for her to not have to live with anything - by killing her.

"You did what they told you" was what Frances answered. "You shot where you were aimed...Karen was so dedicated. Amel reminded me that she wouldn't want others to die because of her, but..." Frances let out a sigh of grief. Softly she said, "One part of me wants to beat you and piss in your bleeding face." "Frances, please ... don't hurt me. I didn't know what we were doing was wrong. I'm not a bad person...I'm sorry... I'm sorry." She put her head down and cried. Nefti's mind was open and genuinely regretful. Frances then lifted Nefti's face and looked into her wet eyes and kissed her softly.

The worst part of Frances' grief was that there was no one left to strike at. The civilization had made a mistake and corrected its behavior. Far more in the galaxy had committed greater unpunished deeds. The biggest problem wasn't the masses. It was the leaders; otherwise she would have slaughtered a million just to show the Rem the consequences of conquest. Nefti, the soldier had been a tool, a weapon and a victim too. Frances wondered whether she was getting soft. She thought the remembrance ceremony would hurt Nefti when she fully realized who she killed and what it means to sacrifice oneself as a Liaison. Maybe that would be enough. Maybe Nefti could take her place.

Anyway, that was enough bloodshed for the day's pain. Kondale would learn soon enough that seventy of the hundred twenty he secretly sent into hiding were also dead. Frances lay down in Nefti's arms and slept. Karen came to her in her dreams.