Frank and Iris

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Call her daddy. It won't kill you to talk to her."

I hadn't spoken to Iris since moving to the coast and I wasn't sure that I wanted to hear the sound of her voice. No contact with her made it easier to put what she had done in the back of my mind. I had loved the stupid bitch. Hell, I still loved her and I thought about her all the time. I even thought about her when I was making love to Anna and Mel. No; I really did not want to hear the sound of her voice.

But Marci was on a mission and she brought me the phone and said, "Call!"

I should have said "No!" and then got up and left the room, but I didn't. I punched in my old home number. It rang four times and then:

"Hello?"

"Hello Iris. Marci said you called and needed to talk to me."

"How are you Frank?"

"I'm okay Iris. What did you need to talk about?"

"I miss you Frank."

I don't know where it came from; Lord knows I didn't mean to say it, but "I miss you too Iris" was out of my mouth before I had a chance to think about it.

"Oh God Frank; do you mean it?"

"What did you call for Iris?"

There was a bit of silence and then she said, "We have a buyer for the house. I waited to call until they had their financing in place. The closing is set for the 12th at 2 p.m. Can you make it?"

"I don't know. That's only six days away. Kind of short notice, but I'll see what I can work out and call you back."

"I hope you can make it Frank."

"We'll see Iris. I'll call you tomorrow."

As I hung up I was wondering why I hadn't just said that I'd Fed-Ex my power of attorney to her father or her brother. Marci saw the look on my face and said:

"What's the matter pops? Whatcha thinking?"

I shrugged and said, 'I'm trying to make up my mind on whether to go back or just send my power of attorney."

"Why wouldn't you want to go back?"

"Just the sound of your mother's voice upset me so how would I handle seeing her? I don't know if I can do it."

"When are you going to start being honest with yourself pops."

"What do you mean by that?"

"I saw the look on your face when you were talking to mom. You miss her. I have no idea of what on between you two other than at the time it hurt you badly, but not being with her is taking a toll on you. I never intended to tell you this, but mom calls a couple of times a week asking about how you are. She is miserable pops. She misses the hell out of you. It's been months now pops and maybe you have healed enough to sit down with her. You need to go back daddy; it won't kill you."

"While we are on the subject of what I need to do you need to know that I'm looking for a place of my own."

"Why? What we have here is working."

"For the most part it has, but it is time for me to give us both some space."

I saw the sudden understanding register on her face and she blushed and said, "I need to check on dinner" and she hurriedly left the room. After a silent dinner Marci asked:

"Are you going to the Grotto tonight?"

"No. I think I'll just park myself in front of the TV for a while."

"The ladies will be disappointed. I know a couple of them who are just itching to take Mellissa's place."

"You aren't making any sense her little girl. On the one hand you are telling me to go back home and get with your mom and on the other you are trying to line me up with your friends at the Grotto."

"That's not what I said. I don't know if it is even possible for you to put things back together with mom. What I was getting at was that you need some kind of closure."

"I'm still staying in tonight. I need to pack. I found a place and all I'm waiting on is for them to do a credit check. I will probably move in on Monday or Tuesday."

+++++++++++++++++++

Monday I got a call at work telling me that I had been approved so that night I started moving into my new place. I rented a two bedroom intending to make the second bedroom into a home office. Marci insisted on coming along with me and as I moved stuff in she was saying things like, "I have the perfect curtains for this room" and "Yuk! This carpet is a simply horrid color. You should ask them to replace it." She helped me set up the kitchen and then she left for home leaving me to spend my first night in my new place.

The next day was 'settle in' time and then the day of decision was upon me. Did I go back for the closing or did I fax or Fed-Ex my power of attorney?

I wrestled with it and in the end I decided to go back. I picked up the phone and called.

"Hello?"

"It's me. I've decided to come back for the closing instead of sending a power of attorney. Where is the closing?"

"In the conference room at the First Bank on Sheppard at two. I'll make up the spare bedroom for you."

"I don't think that would be a good idea. I'll stay at the hotel just down the street from the bank."

"Don't be silly Frank. No need to waste money on a hotel room while you still own a four bedroom house."

"I'll think on it. See you at the bank. Bye."

+++++++++++++++++++++

I'd done a lot of thinking since my final talk with Mellissa and I did more thinking on the flight back. Did Iris do what she did for the same reason that Mel stepped out on Royce? Was I too milk toast in the bedroom with Iris? We made love, but had we ever fucked? I couldn't remember ever being with Iris the way I was with Anna and Mellissa. Had she needed to be fucked every once in a while instead of being made love to all the time? Iris had said that the reason she did what she did was not because I was inadequate in the bedroom, but that she wanted to do something wicked and wild for once in her life. Was that a lie because she didn't want to hurt my feelings? Was the real reason she turned to Haarbauer was because she needed to be fucked? I doubted that I'd ever really know the truth of that.

Iris was already in the conference room when I got there. She smiled when I walked into the room and stood up and started to move toward me. I quickly put the table between us and the smile faded a little. I did notice that she looked great and it was obvious that she had dressed for me. She was wearing my favorite dress and her sexiest heels and had her hair just the way I liked it.

Before Iris could say anything other people came into the room and we got down to the business of getting all the paperwork done. When it was over I had a check in my pocket for eighty seven thousand, three hundred and sixty-two dollars. There was also thirty-six cents, but who was counting. As we were leaving the room Iris asked:

"Are you staying at the house? We don't have to be out until the fifteenth."

"I think not. I have some other business to take care of and then I'm going to try and catch the late flight back to the coast."

I saw the disappointment register on her face and she said, "Are you ever going to forgive me Frank?"

"I don't know Iris. You hurt me; you hurt me bad. Maybe it will fade in time, but I don't know. I need to be going. Goodbye Iris."

She stood there and watched me walk away. Walking away was hard and I'll admit it. I had wanted to take her in my arms. A voice in my head was saying:

"Lighten up Frank. She fucked a guy and then admitted it was a mistake. You are still married to her and yet you fucked Anna and Mel. One washes the other. You want her and you know you do."

It was hard to ignore that voice but I forced myself to do it.

+++++++++++++++++++

At five I was parked down the block when Haarbauer came out of the building and got in his car. As I waited I was thinking about what my lawyer had been telling me about the suit against Haarbauer. Haarbauer had refused to settle and had said if we pushed it and he lost in court he would just file bankruptcy and fuck us out of any payoff.

When Haarbauer pulled away from the curb I fell in behind him and followed him. He pulled into the parking lot at The Apollo Lounge and I pulled in right behind him. I found a parking place between his parking place and the door of the lounge and then I got out of my car and waited. He came walking toward the door and I stepped out in front of him, smiled and said:

"Hi there Ted. Long time no see."

He tried to turn and run, but I grabbed him, spun him around and hit him in the face as hard as I could. Blood spurted from his nose and his knees buckled. He hit the ground and I kicked him eleven hard times in his balls and then I got back in my car and left. I drove from the lounge to 1384 Meadow Brook Lane and rang the doorbell. When Janet opened the door I just handed her a copy of my conversation with Iris and said:

"I hate to ruin your day Janet, but you need to hear what is on this tape. I'm sorry Janet. You don't deserve this" and then I turned and walked away.

Two hours later I was on a plane flying home.

The next morning I called my attorney and told him to drop the suit against Haarbauer.

"After hearing what he said to you I decided to give his wife a copy of the tape and let her fuck over him."

"Wise decision since we might not have won anyway. The courts have been kind of soft on these kinds of actions lately. The final hearing on your divorce is a week from Friday and you don't need to be here for it. Sixty days after that you will be a free man."

Some how that news didn't fill me with Joy.

+++++++++++++++++++++

I banked the check from the sale of the house and made a mental note top start looking at condos in about four months. I had signed a six month least on my apartment so I was locked in there, but toward the end of the lease I needed to be looking for a more permanent place to live.

The week went by quick and on Friday night I hit the Grotto. I danced with several of the ladies there, but I didn't feel like making a move on any of them. Not to say that I would pass up on them the next time, but that night I just didn't feel like doing anything. I saw Mel and she waved at me and I had a moment of regret that I'd found out she was married. I called it a night and headed on home around ten.

Saturday night I was back at the Grotto and twenty minutes after I sat down Marci came in and sat down with me. Then some of her friends came over and joined us and we had to push a couple of tables together. The one thing that always amazed me about the Grotto was that most of the women who came into the place were self-assured and they pretty much went after what they wanted. I was asked to dance a hell of a lot more than I asked. There were three women at the table besides Marci and all three of them asked me to dance. I danced a couple of times with each of them and around eleven as I was dancing with Ruby she moved in tight against me and felt the erection that I was sporting and in a husky voice she said:

"Anna once told me that if I ever got the chance I'd be a fool not to grab it. How about it Frank? Do I have a chance?"

"I would be a fool if I said no."

"Any reason why we can't leave right now?"

"None that I can think of. Your place or mine?"

"My place. I'm much more comfortable in my own place. At least for the first time."

She wasn't as wild as Mel had been, but she still wore me out. When Ruby couldn't get me up again I got off the bed and reached for my trousers.

"Where are you going?"

"Home so you can get some sleep."

"Nonsense. Get back down here. We haven't got to the good part yet."

"The good part?"

"The cuddling, snuggling and falling to sleep together. And then of course there is the waking up together."

She was right. The waking up together was awesome.

For the next two months Ruby and I got together two or three times a week. It was strictly a FWB relationship and Ruby and I were both aware of it. The one night Ruby almost destroyed me and as I was lying on my back gasping for breath she dropped it on me.

"Tonight was our last night lover. I'm getting too attached to you" and just like that it was over. I was disappointed because I had gotten quite comfortable with Ruby.

+++++++++++++++++++++

While I was with Ruby things imploded between Mellissa and Royce. Royce had gone after Mel's current boyfriend and had hurt him so bad that he put the guy in intensive care. Royce got locked up and Mel not only refused to go his bail, but had divorce papers served on him while he was in jail.

Two weeks after Ruby turned me loose I got a call from Mel.

"You said you wouldn't see me until Royce and I were history. Can you fit me in on Friday?"

"Are you sure? What about the other guys you have been seeing?"

"They are not up to your standards. Yes or no?"

I was going to say no to an ego boost like that? "Want me to pick you up?"

"Say seven? And be prepared for the possibility that we might not even leave my place."

We didn't and we never fell asleep until after two in the morning. We had a morning wake up bout followed by a shower and then we headed out for breakfast at the Village Inn just down the street. We spent the weekend together and made a date for Tuesday.

Monday my attorney called me and told me that the divorce was final.

"I've mailed the papers and they should get to you by Thursday. You going to come back and celebrate?"

"Not just yet, but maybe by the end of the month."

As I hung up I realized that I had nothing to celebrate. All I felt was a sense of loss.

The next two months were filled with work, condo hunting and Mel. Royce had been found guilty of assault with malicious intent and was serving a nine month sentence at the county work farm and Mel's divorce was moving along. She was starting to talk about what we would do when she was free and it was apparent that she was hoping I'd put a ring on her finger. I didn't say anything, but it wasn't going to happen. She was a great bed buddy, but she had freely cheated on Royce and with more than one guy. I'd be willing to keep her for years and years and years, but I'd never marry her and sooner or later I was going to have to tell her that.

++++++++++++++++++++

Sooner came a lot quicker that I expected and I didn't have to tell her. It was more of a 'show her' than anything else.

It was a Saturday night and Mel and I were at the Grotto. We were on the dance floor and I happened to be looking at the door when Marci came in. She wasn't alone.

She had Iris with her.

To say that Iris looked great would be one hell of an understatement and I must have tensed up because Mel felt it and asked if something was wrong and I told her no, that I had just felt a sudden chill. We had been sitting at a couple of shoved together tables with some of the other regulars and naturally that was where Marci headed. By the time the band had finished the number Mel and I were dancing to and announced that they were going to take a break Marci and Iris were sitting at the table. Over Mel's shoulder I saw Marci introducing Iris to the others at the table and she must have introduced her as "my mother" because I saw several quick glances my way.

Mel and I made our way back to the table and Iris saw me coming and her face broke out in a big smile that quickly faded when she realized that the woman walking next to me was in fact with me and not just walking across the floor near me. Mel and I sat down and Iris said:

"Hi Frank. How have you been?"

"Not bad Iris and you?"

"I've been better, but not for a while. You going to introduced me to your friend?"

"Certainly. Mel, this is Iris and Iris, this is Mellissa although she prefers to be called Mel."

"Oh come on Frank; surely you can do better than that."

"Okay. Mel, this is Iris my ex-wife – heavy on the ex part. Iris, this is Mel. My main squeeze."

Mel laughed and said, "Oh goodie. Maybe we can get together and exchange stories."

From the look on Iris's face I figured it would be a cold day in hell before that happened. There was general chit chat at the table and Iris studiously avoided looking in Mel's direction and when the band returned and started the first number of their next set I grabbed Marci by the hand and pulled her out onto the dance floor.

"What the hell is going on here?"

"Mom called me and asked me if she could stay with me now that you have moved out and into a place of your own. I was going to say no to my mother?"

"You don't think that maybe I should have been given some warning before you brought her in here?"

"Probably, but she wanted to surprise you."

"She did that all right. Damn it Marci! How could you do this to me?"

"It was not hard pops. I happen to love both of my parents and it is easy for me to see that both of my parents still love each other and don't bother denying it. I saw your face light up for a few seconds when you first saw her walk in and God knows I've listened to her enough over the last few months to know that not being with you is killing her. If I can do anything to get the two of you back together I'm going to do it. Bringing her here tonight is just the first step."

"You are meddling Marci."

"I know, but like I said, I love you both and I want to see you back together."

"No chance of that little girl – no chance at all.

"We'll see" she said as the number ended.

The next number was starting as we made our way back to the table and I saw a man ask Iris to dance. They moved out onto the floor as Marci and I sat down. Iris and her partner stayed out on the floor for three numbers and about half way through the third number I felt a sharp jab in my ribs. I turned and saw Mel looking at me.

"You are supposed to be here with me not out on the dance floor with your ex."

"What the hell are you talking about?"

"You haven't taken your eyes off of her since she went out on the dance floor and if the look on your face is any indication you want to go out there and kill the guy she is dancing with."

I realized that she was right. I did want to go out there and tell him to get his hands off of my wife. My wife? Where the hell did that come from? She wasn't my wife any more.

"Call me when you decide what you really want" Mel said as she stood up. "Right now it is obvious, at least to me, that your heart is out there on the dance floor."

She walked away and left me sitting there.

Out on the dance floor I saw the man's hands slide down to Iris's ass and I felt a sudden rage that I didn't know I was capable of. I exploded out of my chair and was on him before he even saw me coming. I grabbed his shoulders and jerked away from Iris and said:

"Get your filthy fucking hands off of my wife!"

He gathered himself to come at me, but one look at my face made him think better of it and he turned and walked away. I looked at Iris and saw a bemused expression on her face.

"Aren't you forgetting something Frank? I seem to remember a legal thing that says I'm not your wife any more."

"He had his hands on your ass."

"Maybe I wanted them there."

"You want hands on your ass?!! I'll give you hands on your ass" and I grabbed her arm and drug her along as I headed for the parking lot. She stumbled and lost one of her heels, but I wouldn't stop and let her pick it up. She was saying:

"Stop this Frank! Stop this right now. Damn it Frank, let go of me. My purse. My purse is at the table. Damn I Frank, stop this right now."

I ignored her and pulled her outside and over to where I was parked. Fortunately it was in a dark part of the lot. I bent her over the fender of the car and pulled her dress up.

"What are you doing Frank? Damn it; I don't want this!"

"Tough shit Iris, I do."

I grabbed her panties and tried to rip them off, but they wouldn't tear so I just pushed them to the side. I held her bent over the fender with my left hand in the middle of her back while I used my right to unzip and take out my cock. I pushed the head of my cock at her asshole and pushed.

"No Frank, no! Not there Frank, not there. Please Frank. Not there."