Freeing Kirsty Ch. 02

Story Info
Bad news is emailed to run-away Kirtsty.
9.4k words
4.76
20.3k
2

Part 2 of the 9 part series

Updated 09/29/2022
Created 11/08/2006
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

SO FAR: Divorcee Merrick Jamieson (35) visiting New York comes into contact with the moll of the mysterious Spiro whom the spirited Kirsty Fallon has reason to fear if she so much looks at another man. But when Merrick makes painful contact with her leg Kirsty (25) finds something has been triggered inside her.

*

Riding the off-peak train for just under an hour from Penn Station to Bellmore on the Long Island Rail Road, Kirsty and Merrick happily exchanged information about their youth, family connections and interests.

Without embarrassment Kirsty revealed that she had no need to work, that she was a kept woman and all that was required of her was to be waiting at the apartment when Spiro called twice a month, usually for a two or three night stay-over. Spiro took her out every night, including to business dinners and wild parties – "hence all my little black dresses you saw in the wardrobe."

In turn Kirsty was fascinated to Merrick was a self-employed photo-journalists who worked through three agencies and because of his reputation in delivering in top content, quality and on time, he said he was able to pick his clients according to his interest in their requirements. He said he loved action sport and for a time was on the South Pacific circuit as a semi-professional kick-boxer, but Kirsty showed no interest in that because she was anti-violence, not that she told her new companion that.

Kirsty had voluntarily answered something that had been puzzling Merrick – why she, as a local resident – had been at the Frick Collection today of all days when she could have visited it many times in the past? She'd explained she'd gone to see a special exhibition of bronzes, and since she was in the gallery had gone on to see the work of three of her favourite artists, one of whom was Johannes Vermeer.

"Whereupon you chose to step right under my backward moving foot," teased Merrick.

Kirsty countered: "There was this yokel, standing in front of me who inexplicably moved backwards to step all over me."

They laughed. At that moment Merrick remembered her urging him to flee.

"Why did you urgently say to me, 'Go, go'?"

"Because I am the property of Spiro. If he, his associates or his agents see me with another man it's possible that man could be harmed," Kirsty said unsmilingly.

"My God, do you mean garrotted and dumped into the Hudson?"

"Perhaps, or castrated or knee-capped or simply roughed up a bit."

Merrick gaped. "You freed me then fifteen minutes later pulled me back into the web. I can't believe I'm hearing this."

"Calm down Kiwi. There's little to fear. Spiro gives me three days' notice before he arrives and he has no-one to watch me; he trusts me totally otherwise he would be unable to fall asleep with me. That's how it works. I shooed you away in the gallery because an injury to a member of the public is most unusual and surely would be reported to administration and that could get into the press or a newsletter. Then an agent or associate of Spiro's might just happen to sight my name in the report of me being injured by a man – in this case you."

She continued, "The attendants took my name and address but naturally I was unable to provide them with your name. Spiro would not bother to ask for an explanation; he'd just order you to be picked up. Your image would be on gallery security cameras. I image imagine your fate would depend on the information he extracted from you and how he felt on the day."

"How he felt on the day?"

"Yes, is that so strange? Does that not apply to teachers and anyone else administering discipline?"

"I...er...am not sure how to answer that."

"Well, I don't make the rules, nor do I have a snow flake's chance in hell of changing them." "What about now; am I in danger?"

"Of course not. Spiro and his people ride in black automobiles. Trains are for the common people."

"What about any agent of Spiro seeing me coming out of the apartment in your company or running this morning with you?"

"That's where the system of looking after the boss's interests defeats itself. Spiro's associates – at least those subservient to him – and his agents know that I am to be left entirely free of surveillance. So if they should report me on a possible act of indiscretion I might not be the only one facing punishment."

By now Merrick was certain that Spiro was not in the business of servicing refrigerators or providing contract cleaning services to department stores.

"This pal Spiro of yours – what line of business is he in?"

"It is not in you best interest to know, Merrick; any further questions?"

"No, and thank you for your frankness; my growing affection towards you remains unchanged."

"Your growing affection? Oh God, Merrick. Don't pull that one on me. I'm just a lonely girl sick of the company of other females who chanced upon you as being someone exceedingly interesting. Spiro simply could not tolerate the thought of being cuckolded. The mere whisper that I might be involved with someone else, no matter where that person disappeared to, could initiate a retrieval mission. Be very certain of that, and be very certain that there is no limit on the amount of money available to ensure such a mission ends in success."

"Good heavens, Kirsty. This is the 21st Century, not the 1920s. People don't behave like that any longer – they are not allowed to behave like that any longer."

Kirsty reached for his hand. "Merrick, sweet Merrick, a visitor from a part of this Planet where personal retribution and other crimes are perhaps virtually unknown. Read your newspapers while in New York; watch the TV news, listen to radio. You'll find that the police and other crime busters spend much of their effort investigating crime rather than preventing it. Don't fight the notion – just accept that crime is a business going on all around us. Just be a good tourist, keep your nose clean and in all probability your nose will remain clean."

Merrick gave her the grim look of a jilted lover and lowering his voice, said: "Do you think we are being followed now?"

"No but then again who really knows anything?"

"Right, I was supposed to phone Uncle James to fetch us from the station. He has an old, large red Jaguar, possibly the easiest vehicle on the whole of Long Island to tail. If you don't mind, we'll take a cab and do a spot of cross country jogging to shake off any tail."

Kirsty giggled and said he was funny. "But what you suggest sounds exciting and professional. Obviously you go to gangster movies?"

"Cheeky bitch."

"Oh sweetie, the sweet things you say to me."

They laughed at their jesting.

She'd call him sweetie, using a 1920's style gangster moll accent. When the laughter died they remained gazing at each other – the jesting had become transparent.

"Oh God," Kirsty whispered looking deeply into his eyes.

"Let it be," Merrick soothed.

Kirsty and Merrick left the taxi at the entrance to the park through which he'd jogged on the morning of his arrival at his aunt and uncle's home.

They walked down the long path beside the waterway and turned left at the far end, pausing to look back before doing so. The only living thing they say behind them was a cat licking its butt. They were greeted at the house by the short, plump and red-faced James Cleland, distinguished by white-cropped hair who expressed disappointment he'd not been called to the station.

"You can ferry us back to the station Uncle."

"Uncle; don't like it. Call me Jimmy boy; you too girl."

"But really, we've only just met," Kirsty fussed. "You don't know a thing about me."

"Well, my name doesn't know you don't know me," Jimmy cracked. His visitors laughed with him.

"Come in you noisy Bohemians," shrilled a voice. Knowing that first appearances count, Merrick pulled Jimmy back by the arm and pushed Kirsty forward. "Ladies first, Jimmy," he whispered.

"Goodness gracious, just look at you; you're beautiful. Oh my, just look at that figure," enthused the over-weight Aunty Betty.

"I've been trying to, but she keeps moving," Jimmy grumbled, pausing to say 'Hello Tweet-Tweet' to a canary caged on a stand singing its welcome.

"You, you lecherous old fool. Get your better glasses if you want to take a proper look at our sweet visitor. You can't read curves properly with reading glasses," Aunty Betty cackled.

After the introductions Jimmy was instructed to show Kirsty the house; Betty obviously wanted words with Merrick.

"You gave me a fright not coming home – this is New York," she began.

Merrick went on the defensive, preparing to tell her that as a thirty-five year old he was capable of running his own life, even in foreign counties.

"I promised your mother I'd keep an eye on you. However, you were a good boy phoning me as soon as you could wriggle out of her arms."

That defused the situation and Merrick thanked her for her concern and pointed out that despite all signs to the contrary, he and Kirsty had not been lovers and nor were likely to be. Betty glanced at him and read the truth.

"My poor boy," she soothed. "You can't let a lovely lady like that slip through your fingers without sampling her wares. I will attempt to pave the way for you."

That startled Merrick. "Oh no, don't play cupid," he pleaded. "It could become so embarrassing. She has her reasons; she's with someone who's away at the moment."

Merrick briefed her about his entire encounter with Kirsty, though avoiding references to Spiro's background and the fact the hood supported Kirsty financially.

"It sounds to me that she's his fancy woman," Betty concluded shrewdly. "But that is none of our business. Here they come. "James, please serve us coffee and cookies on the lawn – I don't think it's too cool to be sitting out there, although autumn is well with us. Then get the car out and we'll go down to the boardwalk at Jones Beach for a family stroll and then a picnic lunch. Merrick, assist James please."

Obviously it was Kirsty's turn for a one-on-one. When the men arrived under the pergola with morning tea Merrick was relieved to find Kirsty smiling happily and even managing to verbally engage in the conversation with his bossy and talkative aunt.

Returning along the boardwalk to a sheltered spot they sipped a glass of wine while Betty served a salmon salad to be followed by apple pie.

"The poor boy's mother emailed me when he was on the way here instructing me to ensure he tasted real American apple pie so he's getting fed it twice a day," Betty smiled.

"I'll be glad when he's gone and we can return to more interesting fare," Jimmy grumbled although eyeing the pie.

On the boardwalk Betty had explained to Kirsty that she'd turned twenty when her parents went to Auckland where her father had been appointed general manager-designate of an American-owned insurance company. She'd refused to go with them and after a big family row went and proposed to her current boyfriend James, who accepted. They married a week before her parents and younger sister Linda left for New Zealand.

"Linda had her 60th birthday last year and we went Down Under for it. We had a lovely time and it was only the second time we'd met Merrick who was devastated by the collapse of his marriage. At that stage he was fighting to retain the two children, a fight that ultimately the poor boy lost."

Noting that the two men strolling in front of them were deep in conversation, Betty took Kirsty by the hand. "This is presumptuous of me to say this, my dear, but that's how I am. That boy has known you for only a few hours but already you've done wonders to him. He arrived here with the same dead eyes that I remembered seeing last year – but look at him now; they are shining again!"

"Well, Mrs Cleland..."

"Call me Betty, leave off the aunty."

"How nice, thank you Betty. Well, we haven't..."

"I've already dragged that situation out of him. There is no need to say more. Just meeting you has been the tonic he required. Obviously your personality is greater than the glimpses I've gained so far."

Betty let her grip go as Kirsty laughed, the light of happiness permeating her face. Her head was thrown back a bit and the long line of her neck appeared sculptured.

"Good heavens." Betty whispered. "I can see it now why that boy is smitten; he'll be longing to touch you."

Kirsty looked a little bewildered. Patting the much shorter Betty on the shoulder, she said: "Why are you talking to me like this? I have someone else."

"Because, my dear, there are four days of exquisite enjoyment waiting before you before he leaves us. They are there for the taking. That's enough from me; let's wind up the men by inviting them to paddle in the sea."

Topping up three of the wine glasses Betty informed Merrick that he was restricted to water.

"Why?" he protested.

"Because you will be driving; you're taking this lovely lady shopping later this afternoon at Roosevelt Field Mall, returning here by 7:00 for a lovely roast dinner. Here are the keys to the Jaguar."

Merrick looked quickly at Kirsty, who nodded.

"Thank you Aunty Betty, Jimmy," Merrick enthused. "That's great, but do you mind if we took your Honda, Aunty Betty?"

Betty thought that would be a good idea, especially since the roads would be busy and they would be reading the map unless Kirsty knew the way. Kirsty said she was familiar with the main routes and had been to the mall a couple of times.

As they drove off Kirsty said she would prefer to go to Sunrise Mall as 'everyone' went to Roosevelt Field. Merrick caught the drift and agreed they should keep out of the limelight.

Walking into the smaller mall Kirsty slipped her hand into Merrick's. He looked surprised but saw by the look on her face that she was simply out to enjoy herself; she was after all a woman and this was shopping!

Glancing at Kirsty again, Merrick wondered what she really thought of him. Her grip on his hand tightened momentarily as if to answer that - either it was that or it was the handbag she glanced at as they were passing through Macy's. Never in his life could Merrick recall being wrenched out of his axis by a woman so quickly as this.

Admittedly he'd never had such a dramatic opening encounter, one that surely would never be topped. But memorable as it was, that was not entirely it – the real moment of one-on-one engagement came when she appeared at his side in the garden court at the gallery. He'd looked up into her waist upon hearing her voice, scarcely believing it was her; his heart had flipped. Snapping out of that introspection, Merrick noticed Kirsty's lingering sideway glance at the perfume emporium – the collection of counters was too large at Macy's to be dubbed a bar.

"Should we look," he suggested, simultaneously steering her into the glittering environment of wanton temptation.

Forty-five minutes were spent in a tight huddle sampling various fragrances. Kirsty was invited to choose one; she couldn't decide so nominated five and asked Merrick to make the decision for her. Only one she had not used before, so he chose that – Pure Poison by Dior, purchasing two of larger spray units. He also purchased two sprays of Burberry Brit Fragrance, saying one was for Betty and the other for his mother.

"And the second sprayer of Pure Poison?"

"You shall be notified in due course," was all that Merrick would say.

Out in the mall Merrick was hauled into a jewellery display where after almost thirty minutes Kirsty asked him to leave her for a few minutes. He went diagonally across the concourse to another jeweller's and was back sitting on a seat within two minutes.


Merrick watched her walking towards him. At just over six foot tall she was a magnificent specimen, moving with the grace of a sportswoman. She played tennis and swam as well as jogged with extended sprinting bursts, went to the gym and admitted she scarcely ate anything. She was the tallest white woman he could see in the reasonably crowded mall. He stood up as she approached, noticing that there was a serious tone to her smile. She walked straight into him, and clasping her arms around his neck and leaning back she said, "We are wasting time, let's behave like lovers."

Merrick was tongue tied so performed the alternative - he kissed her, long and deeply. "Look, Larry. These guys are having sex."

Kirsty and Merrick broke apart and looked down at two grinning eight or nine-year-old boys who then moved on, looking back and giggling.

Arriving back at 6:15 Merrick and Kirsty found the house lit up and the Jaguar gone. The house was locked but Merrick knew where the emergency key was hidden.

Inside the front door on the floor was a note from Betty: "Your dinner will be ready at 7:00. Enjoy. Jimmy and I are staying the night with friends."

"How sweet of them," Kirsty said excitedly, twirling herself into Merrick's grasp. "We can have a leisurely meal and you can put me on a late train back to the city."

"Yes," said Merrick, before burying his mouth into hers.

After a drink they began serving the meal, working awkwardly until Kirsty took command to create greater efficiency. Merrick took the roasted beef to the table to 'rest' where he found a letter addressed to Kirsty and marked, 'Not to be opened until you are finishing after-dinner liquors.'

They had a lovely dinner, chatting with great affection and happiness. After clearing away they took coffee into the sitting room and sat on the exceedingly comfortable lounge chairs sipping coffee. Kirsty downed her liquor fast and then went off to read the letter.

She returned to announce, "Your bath is ready sir. We are staying the night."

Merrick was beside her in a flash, kissing her passionately and getting a suitable response. At the same time Kirsty began undressing him and he reciprocated. Soon he had a warm breast in his hand and was licking the extending nipple gently. Kirsty sighed.

She led him to the bedroom lit only by a circle of candles on the floor around the bed.

"Betty wrote that I was to stay for the night. There is clean linen on the bed. I was to light the candles and run a bath for two. They used to do this when they were young. Isn't she lovely?"

Merrick took Kirsty behind her knees and lifted her. They kissed and she worked a hand down between her hip and his waist until gasping, "What's this?"

"It's for you to find out," grinned Merrick, walking her to the bathroom while trying not to pant due to lust and her deadweight.

Kirsty had massaged him with her feet in the bath and she had sucked his toes. Not surprisingly, after quickly towelling each other dry they fell into bed in a high state of arousal and after multiple orgasms drifted into exhausted sleep in each other's arms.

At dawn Kirsty was awakened by myriads of soft kisses circling her breasts and then progressing downwards, temporarily halting for a tongue twirl around her navel. Sleepily she stretched and opened her legs wide as the soft lips neared their target. Lifting her hips she offered the morsel, and was not disappointed. Soon she was writhing in ecstasy and then screamed as she came in a gush.

"My turn," she said, rolling her lover over, and then leaning over his stomach in reverse position began licking him gently before picking up the pace. He busied his fingers and they both came within seconds of each other.

After resting, they showered and dressed and were having breakfast in the sunroom when their hosts signalled their arrival with a couple of hearty warning blasts on the car horn.

Betty looked disappointed to find them finishing breakfast.

"I was looking forward to bringing you breakfast in bed," she pouted.

After lunch Kirsty and Merrick returned by train to the city. Kirsty had explained that she needed to be at home at evenings in case Spiro called. Their understanding was that if she was out one night, she should be at home the next, allowing him to give her notice of his intending arrival.