Friend of the Wood

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
LesLumens
LesLumens
1,287 Followers

"Hmm..." The old man scratched his chin and pursed his lips. "Well, I suppose it's all right. If it was anybody but you, I'd say no. Y'all have always had uncommon good sense."

You might not think that if you knew the jerks I dated, Terra thought bitterly. "Thanks, Mr. Parker. We'll catch them, and that should scare anybody else off for a while."

She then turned to Nathan. "Let's get the stuff out of the car."

"Come here for a second, son," Mr. Parker asked.

He nodded and told Terra, "Be right there."

Terra gathered up her pack and tent, putting them on the roof of the car. She then pulled out Nathan's gear as well, just in time for him to reach the car. She could see that he was blushing.

"What?" she asked.

"Nothing," he said, and picked up his pack.

"What is it? You're as red as a stop sign."

He knew her well enough to understand that she was going to get an answer, whether he liked it or not. "Well... Uhm... Mr. Parker was just telling me that... Uhm..."

"Spit it out, Nate."

He answered under his breath in a rush of words, "He said, no hanky-panky."

She chuckled, and couldn't believe how good it felt. "Well, he doesn't have to worry about that."

"That's what I said," Nathan agreed as he grabbed his tent.

"Let's get set up before it gets dark."

Both experienced campers, they had their tents up well before the sun sank below the horizon. They'd chosen a spot at the base of the trail that led back up to Mr. Parker's home, which was well-obscured by shrubs and the abundant growth of cattails along the edge of the lake. Despite the full moon, there was little to no chance of anyone seeing them from across the water, but they could see the beach perfectly.

Terra sat down in front of her tent. "Now I guess we wait. Have any good campfire stories to tell?"

"We don't have a campfire," he said as he sat down as well. He winced and pulled a stick out from under him that he'd somehow missed while clearing the area of debris.

Terra leaned over and slapped him on the arm. They both chuckled and she said, "Seriously."

"Well, I guess I could tell you about one of our epic adventures in the game."

Terra shrugged. "Sure. Why not."

Nathan cleared his throat and began, "It was an inauspicious beginning, to be sure. Mikhale knew there was something odd about the travelers he and his companions passed on the road just before dusk. The winds spoke of ill omens, and the very grass the men sat upon seemed to reject them."

At first, it was all Terra could do to hold back giggles. The archaic language tickled her, and Nathan had taken on a tone that sounded little like him. As the story continued, that changed.

She realized that Nathan had sucked her in when she gasped at his description of a sudden attack. The cadence of his voice had an almost hypnotic effect, and he was doing different voices for all the characters. He was painting such a vivid picture with his words that she sat enthralled, hanging on his every word.

He finished the story and she shook her head as she slipped out of the trance. "So, wait. You pretty much ended up right back where you started. It was a wild goose chase."

Nathan shook with quiet laughter. "Yep. But, hey, we got rid of some bad dudes. The roads are a little safer, and we had some gold in our pockets."

"And all you fought were some bandits and monsters. Where do the dragons in Dungeons and Dragons come in?"

"My rule of thumb if you encounter a dragon is split up, run like hell, and hide in the deepest hole you can find. We treat dragons like truly epic creatures. With most characters, you're either beneath their notice, or you're probably a dragon Lunchable."

"God," she sighed, though there was amusement in the sound as well.

Nathan laughed and stretched. "I need to go water the bushes. Be right back." He grabbed his flashlight and trekked away from the water.

The message tone from her phone sounded, and she picked it up to see the message was from Keith. She hadn't even looked at the first message from earlier in the day yet, and struggled with the decision for a few seconds before tapping the icon to bring it up.

The message said, "Are you still mad?" The one that had just arrived said, "Come on. You're not answering me now."

She knew she was going to have to deal with it eventually, and frankly, she didn't feel he deserved the dignity of as much as a phone call.

Her thumbs flying across the keys, she typed out a reply that said, "Lose my number asshole. Consider yourself kicked to the curb," tossing his own words back into his teeth.

Nathan returned and sat down just as she finished typing the message. "You okay?" he asked.

"Not really, but don't worry about it," she said as she put her phone down next to her.

"Okay," he said, sounding a little hurt by her curt tone.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to take it out on you." She sighed.

"I understand. Want me to leave you alone for a bit?"

"No. I really just want to forget about it."

"Guess I could try to think of another good story."

A half-hearted smile tugged at the corners of her mouth, but faded just as rapidly when her phone alerted her to another message. Again, she briefly considered ignoring it, but picked her phone up, hoping the message was from someone else. No such luck. It was from Keith.

He'd obviously caught her reference, because the message said, "Fucking spying on me? Who needs you anyway, psycho bitch."

As soon as she finished reading the message, a loading icon below stopped spinning, and the image appeared. Terra didn't recognize the cum-covered platinum blonde in the picture, but she certainly recognized Keith — or at least his dripping cock.

The phone fell from her nerveless fingers to the grass below. She tasted bile, and quickly slapped a hand over her mouth as her stomach churned.

"Terra? What's wrong?" Nathan asked, scooting closer and holding out a hand — but not quite touching her.

On top of everything else, having that picture ready to send meant that Keith had been cheating on her. Even though she was furious with him, that revelation stabbed into her heart like a knife. Her eyes welled up, and she began to sob.

Nathan's hand came to rest softly — tentatively — on her back. "Terra... I..."

She didn't even remember leaning into his shoulder when she felt his arms wrap around her. Her tears soaked his shirt sleeve as he held her and whispered words she couldn't hear. On and on it went until her chest hurt and her throat ached. She tried to stop, but the sobs continued to erupt every time she thought she was regaining control.

After what felt like hours, she caught her breath, though whimpers still shook her. He still had his arms wrapped around her, holding her close. His hand stroked her hair, and when she glanced up at him, it looked as if he was about to cry himself.

"I... I'm s-sorry," she said as she leaned back — but not too far.

"It's okay," he said as he reached up and wiped away a tear meandering down her cheek.

Their eyes met in the light from the LED lantern, and she realized his were blue. She'd never paid enough attention to notice before that moment. Those deep blue pools drew her in, opening a portal straight to his heart. In the space of a gasped breath, a thousand glances, smiles, and small gestures of kindness over the years coalesced into a truth she'd been too caught up in herself to notice.

For the first time, she saw the love in his eyes.

"Let me take you home," he offered. "I can come get all this stuff in the morning."

It was too many emotional shocks for a lifetime — let alone one night — and she didn't trust herself to answer with more than a nod.

****

When Terra awakened the next morning, her sister sat down on the bed before she'd even blinked the sleep out of her eyes, and caught her up in a hug. "What happened?"

Drawing in a deep breath, Terra let it out as a shuddering sigh and looked at the bedside table.

"Oh no, my phone," she mumbled, dimly remembering dropping it the night before.

"Oh, it's over here," Ella said and stood up. "Nathan realized you'd left it and went back for it after he brought you home."

She returned to hand over the phone. "He saw those jerks at the lake when he went back. He called the cops and they got busted."

"Good," she said as she tapped her phone to bring up the message from Keith — looking away before it opened. She handed the phone back to her sister.

"Oh my god. What an asshole. I'm sorry," Ella said when she looked at the phone.

"Not as sorry as I am. Please delete that. I don't ever want to see it again."

"Done."

"Did Nathan say anything?"

Ella shook her head. "No. He looked almost as upset as you, though." She then handed the phone back.

Terra noticed that her hand was dirty and spotted — probably from her tears. She pulled a lock of disheveled hair to where she could see it and asked, "How awful do I look?"

Ella tilted her head to the side, lifted her eyebrows and gave a one-shoulder shrug.

"That bad, huh?"

"Yeah. Want me to grab you some clothes and run you a bath?"

Terra gave a slow nod. "Please."

Feeling at least a little better after her bath, Terra walked out into the front room just in time to hear someone pulling up outside. When she looked out the window, she saw Nathan's car and headed out onto the porch.

"So, you doing okay?" he asked with a nervous titter in his voice.

"As well as I can. Ella said you caught those jerks last night."

"Yeah. Word's getting around, too. Don't think anybody will risk partying there for a while."

"I hope so." Terra stepped down off the porch and walked up to give him a brief hug. "Thanks for putting up with me last night."

As she stepped back, blue and green eyes once more locked together. In the light of day, his eyes were even more brilliant — and even more full of love. Terra drew in a quiet, shuddering gasp as her pulse began to race. No one had ever looked at her the way he did. She felt weak in the knees and light-headed.

"I... No problem," he said after a few seconds, his eyes never leaving hers.

Terra knew she was venturing into unfamiliar territory. But at the same time, there was nobody outside her own family who was more familiar than Nathan. Before she could second-guess herself, she took his hand and said, "Let's go for a walk."

Nathan looked down at their clasped hands — his surprise written across his face in bold letters — then smiled and nodded. Terra smiled back and led him toward the trees behind the house.

****

The car rolled to a stop at Parker's lake and Nathan asked, "Where is everybody?"

It had taken a while, but he finally held her hand easily in his as they sat looking out over the sparkling lake. For the first several days of her trying to coax him out of his shell, he'd looked ready to either bolt or apologize most of the time.

Not that she had helped him with that at first. Reeling from the horrible end of her relationship with Keith, she'd sent him mixed signals for weeks. Sometimes, the easy friendship she had with him was comforting and helped her cope. Then he would look into her eyes and she would panic when she saw the deeper emotion there.

But every time she withdrew, he would creep into her thoughts.

He won her over not by pursuing her, but by being there when she needed him, and never asking for more. The tension eventually reached a tipping point, and she asked him out on a real date, thinking it was the only way she could resolve her feelings, one way or the other.

It was at the end of that evening that her uncertainty had evaporated into nothingness — and his began.

Terra grinned at him as she thought about it and squeezed his hand. "This is everybody. Come on."

A gentle breeze caressed them, chasing away the heat of the day as they walked hand-in-hand down to the shore. Terra kicked off her sandals a few feet from the water, and then let go of his hand to pull off the shirt and shorts covering her bikini.

Despite her barely-clad body, he only had eyes for her face, and that made her break out in goose bumps. She, on the other hand, couldn't help but admire his body as he pulled off his shirt. He was nothing like the guys she'd always dated, who spent as much time in the gym as anything else, but he had the lean muscle tone of someone who stays active.

Feeling her cheeks grow warm, she said, "Come on," and waded into the water, being careful not to slip on the slick bottom.

He knew it was coming, as she'd done it every time they'd come down to the lake to enjoy their reward for cleaning it up, but her splash still caught him almost full in the face as he dodged. She laughed and swam away as he returned fire.

The sound of splashing, laughter and squeals rang out for a couple of minutes until she once again caught him with a direct hit in the face. She dived beneath the water almost before she had time to form the thought, and popped up right in front of him while he was still sputtering from her splash.

She wrapped her arms around him, and shuddered when he did the same. They kissed, and electric chills shot all through her body.

When she looked up into his incredible eyes, she asked, "How do you feel about me?" He hesitated for a moment, so she said, "Don't think. Just tell me."

"I... I love you, Terra. I think I've always loved you."

She leaned into his chest, a whimper escaping her as her heart soared.

"I love you too," she said, and knew that truer words had never passed her lips.

She pressed those lips to his, and though still tender, their kisses took on new strength as they held each other in the lapping water. Slowly, but surely, she felt something else creeping in with the swelling love in her heart.

A sly smile spread on her face, and she pushed with her feet to float out into deeper water. Nathan readied himself, expecting another round of splashing, but she had something else entirely in mind. His eyes shot wide open as she reached behind her to untie her bikini top. He caught it when she threw it at him and stared down at it in stunned surprise while she slipped down her bikini bottom.

"Come on," she said as she tossed the bottom to him as well.

"What if someone comes out here?"

"Ella's out with John, and Dale's at that fundraiser. Nobody else has permission to be out here. Throw them up on the shore and come with me. Yours too."

She swam toward the middle of the lake, giving him tantalizing looks at her bare bottom, and then stopped to tread water. His face was beet red, but his shorts were lying next to her bikini on the shore as he swam slowly toward her.

She alternated between treading water backwards, then surging ahead with powerful strokes, keeping well ahead of him and his slow breast stroke. When she reached the opposite shore, a broad grin spread across her face. She'd thought to find a good spot when she got there, but she'd swum directly to the perfect place — almost as if it had called to her.

Terra climbed out onto the soft carpet of grass and turned to see Nathan barely treading water as he marveled at the sight of her nude body. As much as she liked making eye contact with him when they talked, his reaction was exactly what she'd hoped for at this particular moment.

She knelt down in the grass, and a few locks of dripping hair fell to obscure one eye as she smiled and fixed him with an unmistakable come hither stare.

One thing had worried her over the past weeks as she recognized common interests she'd never really paid attention to before and discovered new ones with him. Some cynical part of her had whispered in the back of her head that someone so perfect for her had to have a flaw somewhere. One place that flaw could possibly lie had always been hidden, even in his swim trunks.

When he finally worked up the nerve to climb out of the water, that worry flittered away in an instant.

She took his hand as soon as he walked within reach and tugged so he would sit down beside her. His eyes kept darting toward the far shore, so she cupped his chin in her hand and distracted him with a kiss. She couldn't help giggling when she wrapped her hand around his half-hard member and he gasped.

He swelled rapidly in her hand as she stroked his cock. Thinking he would hesitate, she took the initiative and lifted his left hand to her breast. When he gave it a gentle squeeze and brushed the erect nipple with his thumb, she let out a long moan.

His eyes were filled with wonder when he lifted them back to hers and whispered, "You're so beautiful."

Terra whimpered — his words and the emotion behind them making her soul sing — then braced a hand behind her and slowly reclined, once again beckoning him with her eyes. When he placed a hand on the ground and leaned toward her, she first guided him to her lips. Though she could feel the desire in his kiss, it was just as sweet as every other they'd shared.

Aching to be touched, she cupped her left breast and glanced down at it before using the hand tousling his hair to further indicate her desire. Her back arched up from the grass when he kissed the swell of her breast, and both of her hands came into play to center his lips over the turgid point.

A second kiss directly over her nipple drew a quiet whimper from her. It was quickly followed by a moan when he sucked it between his lips.

"Oh yes. Just like that," she encouraged him.

The way he suckled her with the softest of pressure soon had her wriggling and moaning from his efforts. It took only a tug from her hand on the back of his head to cause him to move to her nipple's twin, which he worshiped with the same loving touch. Stretching out her fingers, she found his hardness and caressed it, making the fires of her need surge higher.

"Make love to me," she whispered as his lips moved back to her left breast again.

He released her nipple with apparent reluctance, planting a final kiss over it before looking up into her eyes. There was a touch of shame mingled with the desire in those blue orbs when he said, "Terra... I... Uhm..."

"Shh," she said, pressing her finger to his lips while smiling at him. She knew as surely as if he'd managed to voice it why he was concerned. If he wasn't a virgin, she knew he couldn't have much experience. He spent enough time at the house for her to have known about any girlfriends.

He responded to the guidance of her hands, moving between her legs as she parted them. He drank in the sight of her and sucked in a deep breath when she ran her fingers over her baby-smooth nether lips — yet another gift of her dryad blood. She never had to worry about an unwanted hair sprouting anywhere on her body, because none grew anywhere below her long eyelashes.

Terra smiled as she propped up on one elbow, drawing his gaze back to hers, and curled her fingers around his erection. He shuddered as she pressed it against her nether lips. Then she gave a tug.

His groan was deep as he slid into her, while hers was higher pitched, but no less filled with surprised delight. When the curly hairs at the base of his shaft settled against her, she moaned deep in her throat and closed her eyes. He fit her as if made for her — like two pieces of a puzzle finally joined. He leaned over her, and she wrapped both her arms and legs around him, holding him deep inside her.

"Terra," he breathed, "Oh my god."

"Mmm — you feel so good. Make love to me."

When she relaxed the grip of her legs, his hips rose up, sliding about half his length out of her satiny embrace. When he penetrated her again, her eyes shot wide open and she gasped. The position he was in caused his shaft to slide in just the right place to send the most delightful, minuscule vibrations to her clit. On the next rock of his hips, she felt it again and voiced the blissful sensation as an oh that carried hints of laughter.

LesLumens
LesLumens
1,287 Followers