Friends and Foes Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
ingarlm
ingarlm
1,059 Followers

Adam looked into his eyes before speaking again. "I knew it. How could you not be if Sam was. But actually seeing you like this..."

Jake growled again and licked at the naked body beside him. Somehow in this form the taste was different, more intense, and he relished it. His licks had Adam groaning, and that turned him on even more.

"God, you taste good," he thought.

"Mmmm, I love the feel of your tongue on me."

"I'm gonna lick you all over. Every last inch."

"I'm all yours."

Jake started slightly but Adam didn't seem to notice. He could have sworn that last comment had come straight into his mind. He looked up at Adam's face, his eyes closed as he enjoyed being pleasured, and kept a close watch.

"Tell me what you want baby. Tell me how good this feels."

"Keep doing that. You're making me hot again."

Jake stopped dead. Adam hadn't moved his lips but that had come across loud and clear.

"What's wrong baby. Why have you stopped?"

"Adam, how are you talking to me?"

"What are you on about?"

"You're not speaking, but I can hear you."

The reply sounded irritated for a moment. "Of course I'm speaking... Oh Fuck!"

Adam shot upright in the bed when he realised he hadn't been. His face showed shock and confusion.

"What have you done to me?"

"I haven't done anything. This shouldn't be happening. We talk like this, humans can't, or they shouldn't be able to."

Adam's face showed intense concentration, so much so that his features were screwed up and Jake couldn't help smiling.

"Then how can I do it?"

"I have no idea. You don't need to pull that weird face though, you were doing it before without thinking about it."

"You know what this means?"

"What?"

"There's no point gagging me any more!"

Jake needed to laugh so much he let his form shift back to his human one and let it out. Adam joined him in his laugher and the two of them lay on the bed giggling for some time before trying to speak again.

"Can you still hear me Adam?"

"Apparently. This is so weird."

"I've not done it in a long time myself."

"Well, now we've got that out of our systems, how about you change back and get on with licking me all over?!"

* * * * * *

Jake related part of this story to the others back in Sam's office, leaving out the details of what they had been doing at the time and the precise conversation. They all looked shocked. Tilly continued her efforts to try and get the answers they all wanted.

"He'd never done that before?"

"I don't think so. When I thought back there were one or two occasions he might have heard me, but on the other hand it might just have been the situation. Certainly the first time I knew about it."

"But it shouldn't be possible. He said at dinner he could talk to you like that but I'll admit I thought he was just trying to be clever because he knew we were probably doing it."

"He wasn't lying Tilly. He hasn't lied to you."

A growl from over by the desk made it clear that Sam at least still didn't believe that. Jake and Tilly decided to ignore it.

"So then he knew about you, but what about the rest of it?"

"After that it was another couple of years before anything further happened. We enjoyed having that connection but I didn't realise that he didn't feel complete. He eventually admitted that the reason he had been reading all those books was to find a way to become like us, and knowing me as he did he wanted it even more. No matter how I explained that we were mates and had all of that, as well as the telepathic connection which was unheard of, he wanted to be just like me."

"You've told him it's not possible to turn someone?"

"Of course. But there's a lot of stuff in modern literature that says it is, the stories are there, and its the thing he wants most in the world, to be able to run through the woods with me, and... things that only we do."

Tilly guessed that from Jake's embarrassment and the way he had changed his words, he'd been meaning to say something about them mating as wolves. She decided to gloss over that fact.

"All the research they've done, we've seen plenty of it, and they haven't found a way. Genetics don't work like that. We can mate and produce young with humans but the Were traits diminish. Everything I've seen says that there's never been a hybrid that can transform."

"I know, I've seen their conclusions, and plenty of information as they went along. They didn't tell us how they were doing it though, you have to believe me on that. We only knew everything after that night you trashed the place."

Sam's voice came across again. "They didn't tell you. Doesn't mean that Adam didn't know."

Jake was irritated. "How could he keep a secret like that from me? I'd know if he was lying Sam, you can't do that to your mate and them not know. Nor would you want to. He was horrified that they'd been hurting and killing Weres. He wants to become one of us, not hunt us down. However, he thinks this may be part of something larger."

"We know there are other research labs," said Tom.

Jake looked shocked. "That can't be right. They told Adam this was the only place they could do the study. They needed what he could offer them."

"Who are 'they'?" Sam asked.

"We don't know. I certainly don't know. Adam didn't trust them to have anything to do with me. There were a couple of guys who seemed to share his interest, but now he realises their reasons were very different. That's what I mean by it being part of something larger, they approached Adam because they knew he had money and would fund something like that because he wanted to know more."

"There was already something going on, and they brought Adam into it, you mean?"

"Yes. Although how they found out about him I don't know."

Tilly thought for a moment. "He might be keen to keep that part of his life secret now, but it wasn't anything of the sort when we were at university. He was obsessed and everyone who knew him knew about it."

Jake looked at her oddly. "I find it hard to imagine what he was like then, and it's strange that you knew him and I didn't. I really don't like thinking about how well Sam knew him."

Sam's growl was clear. "I take no pleasure in remembering that either, so shall we forget about how dumb I was getting involved with a crazy human who wants to be a werewolf, and concentrate on why on earth you are doing it. At least I had the sense to get out of there, not show him I really was a wolf and help fuel his insanity."

"He's my mate and I love him," Jake snarled back.

"He's just a piece of tail. Which would be fine if he had one. He was already well broken in when I met him, god only knows how much cock he's had run through him since then."

Tilly didn't have time to react, Jake leapt past her so fast. He started to change as he went and by the time he reached Sam he was all wolf. He bowled Sam to the ground and stood over him, his jaws around Sam's neck as Tom finally reacted and tried to drag him off.

"You will not speak about my mate like that," Jake projected loud and menacing. He released his grip to snarl at Tom for interfering, and it was enough distraction for Sam to throw his brother off him, changing himself so he could do some menacing of his own. He was larger and he was the Alpha, and he would not let his little brother forget that.

"You would do well to remember your place. Mess with me again and neither you or Adam will live long enough to regret asking for my help in the first place."

Tom considered trying to get between them, but Tilly shook her head. If she wasn't going to get between her brothers for fear of getting hurt he sure wasn't going to try it. Plus if Jake hurt him, even by accident, there was a very good chance of Sam ripping his throat out, brother or not. You didn't mess with someone's mate, and Sam had very clearly been goading Jake even talking about Adam like that. It was no surprise that they were now growling at each other in the corner, it was more shocking that no blood had been drawn.

It took Jake what seemed like forever to start to crouch down and acknowledge the authority of his brother. Tilly breathed a sigh of relief when it happened. She didn't relish clearing up the mess and had been holding her breath while it all kicked off. She didn't even realise that her emotions had been so strong that Dill came storming into the room a moment later, clearly concerned for her. He took in everything before deciding she was not in danger, and taking her in his arms to calm her and himself down. With the unspoken support from her mate she managed to speak.

"Jake, I think it would be best if you came for a run with me for a bit. Perhaps we can continue this later."

She was pleased to see that Sam backed off, and Jake slunk away from him, still cowering a little although nowhere near as much as she'd expect given he'd just attacked an Alpha. She couldn't decide whether his confidence was a good or bad thing, but it was a reminder of how much he had changed and how little she knew about him after all this time.

Once the three of them were out of the room, leaving Tom to calm Sam down, she looked down at her brother. He got into the hallway before the shaking that seemed to be taking over his body succeeded, and he changed to his human form and curled into a ball against the wall, clearly crying. She ignored the hiss of warning from Dill when she went to gather Jake into her arms.

"He's my brother, he needs me."

"He's not blood."

She looked at Dill shocked. "You think that makes a difference?"

"It does to me."

"Deal with your jealousy Dill, he is my family. Blood does not matter."

She saw that Dill was still annoyed, but at least he did her a favour in shutting up. She really didn't want to get into a row with him right now, especially not with all the anger and hurt already floating around. She hugged Jake tighter to her and let him cry even though he was getting her dress and arm wet.

"How could he say those things? He knows how cruel it is to insult someone's mate. He nearly hit me for pointing out Tom was a cat. Adam is not a slut."

"He's angry at you for leaving us. He used the one thing that would really upset you to deal with it. No matter what he says, and how little he trusts Adam, he does love you."

"He hates Adam, and he hates that I am with him. How can I possibly get his help?"

"You can get my help. He won't fight the pair of us. Although from what you've said, I fail to see how we can do what Adam wants. None of us can make him something he isn't."

"Adam wants to help us find the men who contacted him. We need to know what their intentions are, especially if there really are other research centres."

"They are being dealt with."

Jake stopped crying and looked at her seriously for a moment. "I don't doubt it. Nice job by the way. I've seen more of the records they kept than I ever want to, and I'm glad you got those people free. Particularly that poor wolf. She looks so happy now."

"What?" Tilly exclaimed.

"I saw her, coming out of the restaurant with that guy. Plus your mate here and those two lioncubs."

Tilly's arms went from holding Jake to grabbing his arms and pushing him back into the wall, her concern over what she was hearing outweighing her worries over him right now.

"Does Adam know this?"

He looked at her sadly. "I knew you didn't trust him, but you don't trust me either, do you? I didn't tell him. We both recognised the girl from the tapes. I didn't know the guy who was with her anyway, although I guess he is one of Sam's team. All I told Adam is that of the 60 plus people who came out of that restaurant after you, five were Weres, and one was probably your mate. Tilly, he doesn't even know you aren't wolf. I love him, but I can't let him in on your secrets, not when I know how important what you do is."

Tilly relaxed her grip. "Sorry Jake. He said you wouldn't tell him everything because of us, but I was worried, especially about that wolf. She has been through enough."

She sensed that Jake was aware that she had deliberately not given him a name for the wolf, or any of the others, nor confirmed the lions.

"I'm not here to gather information Tilly. Adam knows no more than what he saw on those tapes, and I had no idea he would recognise Sam. Hell, even I only recognised you and him. Now I might know Dill if I saw his cat again. I'm guessing you cleared everyone else out, because I can smell plenty of other scents here. Since when do you guys have panthers and lions on the team?"

"You know I can't tell you anything. If you hadn't engineered getting yourself kicked out of training it might be different."

Jake grinned. "Guess I wasn't as subtle as I thought about that! You knew I didn't want to go in the first place, it was only because Sam was determined I would follow in your footsteps. He never stopped to ask whether I had plans for my own life. He doesn't seem to have changed all that much either, although no-one was ever able to control him as well as Tom seems to. Not even you," he ended.

"He found his mate, and Tom understands him. Plus doesn't take his shit either. They're a good match, just as demanding as each other when they need to be."

"Good. I'm glad he's happy. I just wish he could be happy for me."

"Give it time Jake. You only just came back from the dead."

Jake suddenly looked very sad. "I'm so sorry sister. I wish I'd called you at least, but I was scared you'd not want to know after I skipped out. I've been so happy with Adam, but you were always missing and it hasn't felt right."

Tilly hugged him back to her, ignoring the involuntary hiss from Dill, although Jake heard it and stiffened slightly.

"Whatever happens, we don't have to lose each other again. You can talk to me anytime." She heard Dill clear his throat behind her and felt his thoughts, making her laugh. "Apparently, you can talk to me anytime except when my mate is horny and demanding all my attention."

Jake joined in her laughter, although Dill didn't seem to find it funny that she had repeated his thoughts to her out loud to her brother. She let go of Jake and went to Dill to place a soft kiss on his lips.

"Sorry baby, but you were being a bit too obvious and possessive."

Dill hissed when Jake kept laughing.

"I'm sorry too, but this is just too weird. I never thought I'd get to see both my brother and sister in those early days of mating when it's all about wanting to keep your mate all to yourself. It's amusing to be on the outside seeing others go through it!"

Tilly gave him a disapproving look. "Seriously, you do not want to tease Sam about it, and you'd be unwise to tease me either. If you know what it's like you also know it's not a good time to be joking around."

"I do know. And trust me, I have no intention of trying to wind Sam up. I think that would be a little too easy, and probably painful for me."

Tilly nodded, aware that Dill's thoughts were getting stronger and all he wanted to do right now was get her naked. Even though Jake was her brother, his scent being on her was agitating Dill and as much as he tried to keep control of it because she had insisted, he needed to take her and mark her again. He knew exactly what Jake was talking about, and if he had his way now that he was nearly back to full health Tilly would be doing nothing other than writhe underneath him as he took her again and again. He knew that his thoughts were turning her on, and one little lick to the back of her neck had her shuddering despite the fact Jake was right there.

Jake knew what was going on as much as they did, the smell of arousal was clearly in the air, and it was definitely time for him to be out of the way. Besides which, he wanted to talk to Adam, and he needed to be on his own for that.

"How about you tell me where I will be sleeping, and I can have a nap. I'm tired from the journey and all the emotional upheaval since then."

Tilly nodded, her relief evident. She called Rob from out the kitchen where he had been hiding and Jake looked amused to see the wolf there.

"My guard?" he questioned.

"Not exactly. To make sure you don't get lost."

They both knew that was a lie, but Jake wasn't going to push it. He couldn't get lost in his childhood home, but Sam didn't trust him not to go wandering. He wasn't going to argue with that right now, it would only make things more complicated.

"Perhaps you would be good enough to show me where I'm being stationed then, and we can leave these two to get on with things," he said to the wolf, and was amused to see the equivalent of a grin back. He guessed that all the Weres in the team were suffering to some extent from all the newly formed matings.

* * * * * *

Jake was amused to be led to what used to be his bedroom, all those years ago. It had been redecorated, but still reminded him of his childhood. As much as he had fought with Sam as they grew up, particularly when he didn't want to involve himself in the business or the commando teams, they had been close once and being here brought that back as well. He settled down on the bed and concentrated on reaching Adam, hoping that their link would be strong enough for the distance.

"Are you there baby?"

A pleased voice came back to him. "I am. I'm so glad this works like you said, I miss you already."

Jake sighed. "I miss you too. It's been a stressful day so far and I could do with a hug. Tilly tried but it wasn't the same. Particularly not when she pinned me to the wall straight after."

He heard the concern. "Is it that bad? I feel like coming down there and having it out with them for hurting you."

"That wouldn't do any good and you know it. We have to take this slowly. They don't trust me much, and they definitely don't trust you. At least Tilly is a little open-minded. I'm not sure I can get anywhere with Sam."

"You have to try. This is important."

"Don't you think I know that? I wouldn't be here trying to get into their good graces if it wasn't. I'm just saying it is going to be very difficult, and I'm not enjoying myself."

"How has Sam reacted so far?"

"Growled at me, faced me off a couple of times, threatened to kill the pair of us, insulted you. Pretty much as expected, to be honest."

He heard the growl in his head. "If he hurts you..."

Jake laughed. "He's not going to hurt either of us if we play this right. Just leave it to me. I doubt I'll see him again today though, he's been left to cool down."

"Where are you?"

"They put me in my old bedroom. With my very own wolf to keep me company, just outside the door. I think that's telling of how little Sam trusts us."

He heard a sigh. "We also suspected that might happen. He's worried you'll go wandering and find stuff you shouldn't. I take it there are very few people there."

"Just the two couples and my new guardian. And they made sure I only saw his wolf side. He's one of the ones from the centre though, I'm pretty sure."

"You'll let me know how things are going, won't you?"

"Of course. I'll be in touch as often as I can. Especially as there is one issue we hadn't planned for."

"What's wrong?"

"Not wrong, just frustrating. You wouldn't have picked up on it, but both Sam and Tilly are fairly newly mated, which means they are seriously overprotective and very horny couples. It makes life much more difficult for me because I have to get some time with them both without the distractions they want, and to make matters worse the pheromones floating round here are making me miss you even more."

ingarlm
ingarlm
1,059 Followers