Ft. Lauderdale

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Travel Girl
Travel Girl
1,871 Followers

The plan was for them to pick me up in the lobby and we would all drive to dinner together. I liked that idea a lot because I had hoped to drink a little and was glad not to drive myself. They arrived on time and were standing in the lobby when I walked up. We have always been friendly and as I walked up I could see they were looking at my outfit. One of them said, "Wow, you clean up very nice."

Sort of the joke compliment combo. "Thanks, you too." Two of the guys were my age, one was in his mid-twenties but he was more or less an assistant to the other two. I sat in the back seat of the convertible they were using with one of the senior guys while the younger guy drove. The back seat did not have a lot of leg room, so the way I was sitting with my legs crossed had the hem of my dress pretty high up on my thigh even though the basic hemline was only a couple of inches above my knee when I was standing.

We did not have any serious business to discuss that evening, the entire evening was one of those dinners which had been set up weeks ago. Without anything pressing, the discussion was all over the place. We talked about some of the state of the industry, things that were happening at each of our companies and at the conference, but also sports, politics, families, etc. I was having a nice time. They had ordered some great wines and the food was super and the conversation was lively. The younger guy did not say too much during the meal. While I knew his bosses for several years, this was the first time I had met him. I noticed that he was looking at me quite a bit. I was not bothered, maybe even a little flattered, but I knew this was only business.

Dinner had taken about 3 hours by the time I got back to my hotel. I was feeling good, but I was not ready to go in just yet. However, I was not really in any condition to drive either. I went back to my room to use the bathroom and decide what I wanted to do. I decided to head back to the hotel bar hoping it was not dead. If it was, I would risk a short drive up to the boardwalk area.

When I got to the bar, I noticed David from the night before right away. He was sitting at the bar with a couple of other guys, but not the same guy he was with last night. The bar was semi-crowded. There was a group of guys my age who were all dressed up who watched me walk in.

It looked like they were all drunk. One of them said, "I hope you are not with anyone, we would sure like you to join us."

Under normal circumstances, that could have held some appeal. But coupled with the fact they looked drunk, a couple of them were outright leering at me. Not appealing at all. But since I had seen David sitting there and he had been such a gentleman and I had enjoyed my conversation with him the night before, I said, "Sorry guys."

David saw me walking up and got up and smiled, "Hi Beth."

He introduced me to the other men he had been talking to. They were both about his age but did not have his distinguished look – Jim and Terry. David asked if I would like to join them and what I was drinking. I looked around and saw they were drinking beer.

"Sure. I will have a glass of red wine."

David said, "Are you sure you would not prefer a glass of champagne?"

"I am not going to drink alone and you guys look like you're on beer."

He said, "Well, I will switch over if you are interested."

"OK then, sure."

He ordered a bottle of the same rose champagne we had drank before. I noticed the other group of guys could not believe I was with this group of older guys. I think David noticed too.

He whispered with a wink, "I think the other guys are jealous."

"That's OK, they were acting like jerks." He laughed.

The champagne arrived. Jim and Terry stayed with beer, so it was only David and I drinking. As before, the champagne was fantastic. David's friends were polite and asked the usual questions, where I was from, what I was doing down in Florida, etc. They were surprised to hear I was a scientist, even more so when they asked some good questions about the technology and market applications and I had all the answers. I guess they concluded I was not the typical 'dumb blond'.

I was about midway through my second glass when Jim and Terry said they were going to be leaving. We had been having a nice conversation including some jokes, a couple off-color by Terry. I think they were gauging whether I was going to be embarrassed. I am not easily offended that way, the jokes were funny and they could see I was enjoying myself.

David and I continued talking after they left. He got up to excuse himself to use the restroom. It was not long after he left that one of the guys from the other group came over.

"Hi. Can I join you?"

"Well, the man I have been talking to will be back in a minute, but you can stay if you like until then."

He sat down on the stool next to me while I saw his friends all looking on.

"Are you with that guy?"

"We are friends."

He continued, "Can I buy you a drink?"

I pointed at my half-full glass and the bottle, "I am OK thanks."

It was a strange banter. It was almost as if they were checking whether or not I was involved with David. Once they evaluated the situation, then they would move in or not. It had never really been considered on their part whether I had an opinion about it. He had not introduced himself or really said anything of interest.

David returned and sat down as before. So now I had David on one side of me at the bar and the other guy trying to join us. He seemed to be deciding on what to do when David said, "Who is your friend Beth?"

"I did not get your name. This is David and I'm Beth."

He looked at us, "Glen."

David held out his hand.

Glen said, "Is it all right I was talking to her?"

"That is up to her."

He said, "Let me check with my friends. I think we are going to be leaving soon."

When he left, I said to David, "Sorry. As soon as you left, he moved right in."

"No problem. I think he has not quite figured us out."

I said, "Put your arm around me. Maybe he will get the hint and take off."

David did not waste any time. He leaned in close, put his arm over my shoulder and whispered, "I think I can be talked into it."

I looked over and smiled. He kept his hand on my shoulder while the bartender refilled our glasses and we had another drink.

It became clear our little ruse worked. The other group started walking out. Glen waved at us as he looked back. I nodded back at him. I could almost see the look on all their faces, "Bitch." I mean really, they were jerks from the moment I saw them until they left.

David had removed his arm from my shoulder as they left. He looked over at me and smiled, "Why do I have the impression that happens to you once in a while?"

I just smiled, realizing the question was rhetorical.

He continued, "I imagine there are advantages and disadvantages to being a beautiful woman."

I took the compliment, "At times. Sometimes I get called a bitch and other times I get champagne."

It was starting to get late, but I was still enjoying the champagne and now feeling pretty good.

"So what are your plans for tomorrow Beth?"

"I have to work again in the morning, and then I am playing some golf in the afternoon."

He asked where, and when I told him, he mentioned it was a good course. He said I would enjoy it. He then asked if I had any dinner plans for the evening.

It was not exactly an invitation, more like an inquiry, almost expecting to hear I was going to so and so place.

I responded, "Nothing yet."

David said, "Well, it would certainly be my pleasure if you would like to join me. As my guest though."

The last comment was to make a point that he was to be the host after my earlier comment about returning the favor and offering to buy him a drink.

I said, "Would you mind if I called you after golf and see how I feel and how late we go?"

"Of course. No problem."

We were not really finished yet, there was plenty of champagne left, but he gave me a business card which had his home number and he wrote out his cell phone on the back.

We continued our drinks. I was now on my third glass and after drinks at dinner I was feeling very good. What I really liked was that our conversation was very engaging. Just about the time we finished off the champagne, it was after 1 am.

"David, I have got to get some sleep."

He finished off his glass and began to pay the bill. "Wait a minute, I will walk you down."

After he paid, I said, "Thank you very much. I liked our talk."

"Me too."

We started heading for the elevator to go down. Another couple got on with us. The elevator was glass and we looked out over the inter-coastal waterway and all these fantastic yachts as we rode down.

I said, "What a fantastic view."

David just smiled, "I know. I never get tired of it."

We walked toward the hotel lobby so he could get to his car and I could get to my room. I was not quite sure how we would do the parting ritual, but he was very smooth. He held out his hand and leaned over to give me a little European style kiss. I thought to myself it was just right. Whatever he might have been thinking, he was certainly a gentleman.

"Good night Beth. I hope you will be able to join me tomorrow."

"I hope so too. Thanks for your understanding. I will call you as soon as I know what I am doing. Good night."

I got to my room and fell asleep quickly. When the alarm went off, I felt refreshed. I got ready for another day of the conference. With my talk being over, I could dress more casually. I put on a tan skirt with a white button up blouse. I looked a little preppy, but not bad. I pulled my hair back in a pony tail and left for the convention center.

I sat through about half the talks and networked during the rest. I also called into the office and was glad to learn things were running smoothly back home.

I was looking forward to playing golf. I am a decent player, but it had been a while since I had played. Even when I am in practice, I am erratic. Just as easy to shoot 100 as 80.

Anyway, I was to meet one of my suppliers at the golf course at around 1:30 pm. The course was not too far away, but I did not have much time to get something to eat. I went back to my hotel to change. Typical golf wear, I put on navy shorts and a white polo shirt. It was form fitting though and showed off my breasts. I had not been going for preppy again, but that is how it turned out. I grabbed a sandwich at the hotel and ate while I drove to the course.

I met my supplier at the clubhouse. I did not know the others we would be playing with, but they were other clients of my supplier. The good news was he was paying for everything; the bad news was I had to use rental clubs that were really not that great.

The golf game was rather uneventful. I played OK, but not great. The rust was showing. I was drinking beer during the round, not enough to get drunk, but in the heat enough to keep hydrated.

The round was slow and it was about 6:30 pm when we finished up. As a guest, I could not really blow out of there too fast, so we sat around and had a last drink in the clubhouse. We had talked enough about business while out on the course, all very professional.

I got to my car around 7:00 pm. I had been thinking about what I wanted to do for dinner. I toyed with the idea of just eating alone and doing something casual. I also thought about driving into South Beach.

It was not as though I was going to ignore David. He had been a gentleman and if I did not go for dinner, I would offer to meet for drinks. But as I drove toward my hotel, I thought it would be nice to have dinner with him after all.

I gave him a call on his cell phone.

"Hi, David? This is Beth."

"Oh, hi, so how was golf?"

"Not bad, it was hot today. But I felt rusty out there."

"So, are you hungry?"

"What have you got in mind?"

David said, "Well, that is up to you. If you feel like driving, there are some fantastic places in Boca Raton and Palm Beach. Otherwise, there are some great local places too."

"Let's stay closer, if that is OK."

He said, "Absolutely. How about steak or seafood? Indoor or out?"

I thought about that as I drove. The weather was fantastic, "How about outside? Your choice on the food, either is good."

"I know a great seafood place with a good wine list. How much time do you need? I will pick you up at your hotel."

"How about 8:30?"

"Perfect, I will pick you up then."

"David, what kind of place is it? I mean, casual or dressy?"

"Oh yeah, it is definitely not casual, but I think it is pretty flexible after that. Any of the outfits I have seen you in would be perfectly appropriate."

"OK thanks. I will see you in the lobby."

I got back and hopped in the shower which felt really good. I put on some light makeup in keeping with the resort attitude of the week and dried my hair which I was going to wear down.

I had brought a nice light print dress without knowing if I would have a chance to wear it this week. It was a little too sexy to wear to the conference. It would be described as a tan and white dress, but there were a few other brown tones weaved in. It was sleeveless and low-cut with a hemline above the knee. I had brought some different lingerie for the trip. This dress was sheer enough I would have to wear white or beige and with the neckline on this one, I needed a bra that would provide some cleavage.

I had brought a fancy matching set which was a lacy white push up style bra with a French cut panty. I checked myself out in the mirror and decided to add a pearl necklace to the ensemble. That sounds more ritzy than it actually was, I was happy with the whole outfit. Sexy without any hint of sleazy. I looked at the clock and needed to get moving.

David was already waiting in the lobby when I walked up.

"Wow, you look great. I love that dress Beth."

"Thank you David."

His car was still at the door, a beautiful black Jaguar convertible. The valet got the door for me. As I sat and crossed my leg, I saw that my dress came up about mid-thigh. I was definitely showing some skin.

David asked me if I would prefer to have the top up as we drove.

"No way. I love the breeze." But to keep my hair from blowing all over, I pulled it back in a barrette.

David was dressed similar to what I had seen him in previously. He had a white open collar shirt with tan slacks and a blue blazer. He had a pretty nice tan, so the white looked good on him.

As we drove away, he said, "I am really glad you were able to make it."

"I have been looking forward to it. I am actually really hungry." Well, I was hungry and while I had not exactly been sure I was going to have dinner with him, there was no purpose to saying that.

"No problem, we have a reservation at a great seafood restaurant not far from here. I think you will like it."

The temperature was fantastic and the wind felt wonderful as we drove. He took us up along the water. It was fun to look at the people walking around and all the beginning of the nightlife scene.

I was pleasantly surprised to see where he was taking me. I have been to this restaurant several times before on previous trips and it is one of my favorite places down here. I did not let on, but I had a little smile as we drove up. I saw him tip the valet, I am sure to keep a good eye on the Jag.

The hostess verified our reservation and asked if we wanted to sit inside or outside.

David asked me, "I reserved outside, but it is up to you Beth."

"Definitely outside. Thanks for asking."

I knew the food was great here, but the other feature was the location. It sits right on the inter-coastal waterway. I mean when they sat us at our table, we were literally 4 feet away from the water. If you don't know about the inter-coastal, the water is completely calm. When no boat is going by, the water is completely smooth. Some boats go by every few minutes, but slowly and there are essentially no waves. The view was simply magnificent.

'David, this place is fantastic. What a wonderful choice."

He was happy with my reaction as we sat down. Our waiter came by with menus right away and asked if we would like to have something to drink first.

David asked for the wine list, but asked me if we should have a glass of champagne first.

I just smiled. That sounded perfect.

He asked what they had by the glass and ordered. I thought to myself it was nice to be out with someone who had some class and culture, with the means to enjoy it. It is not like I date guys with no class, but this was certainly a high level and clearly he had means.

He came back quickly with the drinks and we had a toast.

"Beth, very nice to make your acquaintance, and thank you for joining me tonight."

"My pleasure."

I took a sip and there are just times when a drink is just right and this was one.

"MMMMMM"

It was David's turn to just smile. We started to look at the menu. While they had some meat dishes, it was clearly a seafood place and I quickly decided what I wanted. He asked what kind of wine we should get. I told him I was going to have fish, but I would still drink red wine if he wanted. We talked about several of the possibilities. It was not a cheap list, so I did not want him to select one to impress me with how much he was spending.

He said, "I think we'll get the Opus 1."

"Oh David, that is a fabulous wine but that is too much to pay. How about the Far Niente or the Mondavi, trying to give him some wiggle room."

"Don't worry about it. I love this wine and it is no problem."

I gave him a questioning look. He just smiled.

The waiter came back and took our orders. We both had stone crab claws for an appetizer and I got the Dover Sole. David ordered the wine and asked him to bring us another glass of champagne first.

I must describe the setting. The temperature was in the mid – 70's with just a little breeze. We were right next to the water. It was a round table for 4; we were sitting in the adjacent seats facing out at the waterway while some beautiful boats traveled against a clear sky and wonderful backdrop.

David was sitting to my left and raised his glass again while he covered my hand with his as we clinked glasses.

We settled into again into unforced conversation as our meal came. The food was excellent, the talk was all over the place and pleasant and the wine was wonderful.

I will admit I wondered what people were thinking who might have looked at us. We looked 20-30 years different in age and I thought I looked the part as 'trophy'. The thought was there, but I want to say it was a trivial factor. I was enjoying the evening immensely.

A breeze came by at one point and I shivered just for a moment. David reached around and put his arm around me while he rubbed my arm. It was a little forward, but harmless so I did not try and stop him. What the heck.

We were continuing our dinner when what looked to be about a 45 foot boat went by and I commented how fantastic it looked.

I was really amazed when David said, "Mine is very close to that."

I looked over at him, "What is it you say you did, mob boss or something?"

He laughed at that and told me again he had done quite well when he had sold the business he founded up north.

"I guess so."

He asked, "Would you like to see it?"

I asked where it was and he said he lived in this area, we could see it whenever I wanted.

It was already late tonight and maybe he saw my hesitation because he said, "I didn't mean tonight, I know you have to work again. Why don't you come out in the afternoon if you have time, I will take you for a tour of the area."

Travel Girl
Travel Girl
1,871 Followers