Fulfillment 17

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
KemMyst
KemMyst
1,303 Followers

She kisses his throat and reaches down to the bulge in his pants. [You want me, admit it.]

He grabs her hands and stands, holding her away from him. [Sampson.] "I told you I wouldn't take you, Erica."

"She's gone, there's no reason you can't." She licks her lips and smirks at him.

He inhales. She wasn't in heat, though this could be a prelude.

Sampson entered the room and lifted his eyebrows at his Alpha. "Sampson. Please escort Erica back to her room and send the healer to her." Calvin releases her hands and she turns, wraps her arms around him, and rubs up against him.

"Sampson. A little help here."

A dry chuckle leaves the Beta's lips as he moves forward to remove the female clinging to his Alpha.

She screamed as Sampson pulled her away. "You bastard, you're no Alpha! You're not even male enough to fuck me! Bastard!"

Her screams rang through the halls as Calvin sat heavily in a chair.

As Sampson walks back through the door, he says, "Where did it all go wrong, Sampson?"

"It hasn't, Cal. It's just some bumps in the road."

Calvin smells of his arm. "I need a shower." Sampson chuckles quietly again.

***

Stephanie rose and ran the wide sweep.

She didn't have to, wasn't supposed to, but she had to do something.

And she thought, of Emmaline, the pack that had been her home for 59 years. For the first time in a long time, she thought about her family. And she thought of how much she missed Calvin.

She went back to the cabin and sat at the table scratching a line in the top with a claw. She then put her head on her arms, and closed her eyes.

He was done with her, this time, it seemed, for good. And after what? He hadn't even fucked her. He had licked her until she...

And her Alpha had gotten mad at her and sent her here to contemplate her actions.

But, other than fighting and ignoring them, she had no idea how to deal with males. She had obviously made a big mistake with Calvin. So she thought back on what her Alpha had said, that she had been given a gift and her response was wrong. Gifts. Gifts.

You thanked the giver, in one of two ways, by thanking them or by giving something in return. She had thought that was what she was doing but it was more complicated than that.

Three days. Could she do something? Anything?

If she wanted to see him again, what could she do?

Stephanie returned to the den at the appointed time and went to the kitchen to talk to Simon.

Aaron and Sarah Severn arrived after dinner and went to meet with Randall and Ariel. The pack council idea was broached and, while Aaron had some reservations, Sarah seemed to consider it a good idea.

Calvin arrived somewhat later and bolstered the arguments for such a council.

Promising to consider it in more depth, the Severn Alphas take their leave. Calvin remains at Randall's request.

"Have you given up on our Stephanie, my friend?"

Calvin sighs heavily and looks over at Randall. "You have to know when to cut your losses, Randall."

Randall pours a couple of glasses of scotch and hands one to Calvin.

"Glenfiddich?" Randall nods and sits.

"Are you really ready to let her go, after all this time?"

Another sigh. "I am old, Randall, and tired. I need to stop looking for my own comfort and concentrate my energies on finding a suitable set of Alphas for my pack."

Randall looks more closely at his friend, noting the weariness.

"On that note, Cal." Calvin throws back the scotch, not even tasting the fine spirit, but feeling it burn all the way down. "Emmett is a fine Beta. I believe he would make a good Alpha. Lyssa, however.."

"..is young for the role, yes, I know."

"And human, Cal. Many will not see her as fit."

"They will accept her if I have to beat them all into it."

"Leaving them open to numerous challenges by not allowing them to assert their dominance over the pack."

"They'll be challenged anyway."

"It's not the same and you know it."

"I don't want to argue, my friend. But I do want what's best for my pack. Are you telling me she shows no Alpha tendencies?"

"She is a fit mate for our Beta, learning to fight, strong-willed, but she is not as strong as the rest of us and, how shall I say this? Not so wiling to assert her dominance."

"She will learn. She thinks of the welfare of her pack."

"When can I expect to lose them?"

"I intend to bring each pair in for a couple of days, talk to them, let them get a bit of a feel for the pack. Then, a month-long stay to follow operations, get them familiar with the area, personalities, command styles.

"You'll be taking the heat cycles of the females into account."

"Of course."

Randall gusts a sigh. "He's, well, it will be strange not to have them here for a month."

"You do have another second now."

"Mm. Not your concern, Cal. We'll be fine." Another drink is poured.

"Of course, my friend. I'm sorry." There is a pause in the conversation. "How is Joanna liking mated life?"

"Glowing, Cal. A little overwhelmed, a little scared of the future. Worried about her first heat."

"Severn's a fine match for her, Randall. Her heart led her well." His voice goes lower, edged with a bit of pain. "I envy you the grandpups, Randall."

Randall hesitates before voicing his next thought. "You aren't too old."

Calvin takes a deep breath and closes his eyes. "There is Michael's mate but my heart is not there. There's really only one legacy left I can leave my pack." They drink in companionable silence, sipping scotch for a time.

Calvin rises. "I should get back."

"You don't want to see her while you're here?"

"No. Perhaps when my successors are installed I may try again to woo her. Thank you for the scotch."

She knows he's come to the den so she hangs around the front hall. Gordon is there as security.

His scent increases as he comes down the steps. She watches Gordon watch him as he descends.

"Good evening, Alpha Ross," Gordon says as Stephanie steps into view.

"And to you. Stephanie." He acknowledges her only as he passes on his way to his car.

She watches his retreating back in disbelief. Lyssa and Ariel watch from the balcony, having been warned of the potential for trouble.

The door to the garage closes and Stephanie sinks to her knees.

Nothing. Not a touch, not a kiss. He acknowledged her presence, and that was all.

Reactions, emotions, chased through her mind.

He was done with her. Did he hate her?

Should she go after him, confront him?

He'd been after her for weeks, months, and, now, nothing.

What could she do? He was Alpha and she was only an Omega.

She was lost.

Ariel was turned, started for the stairs, when Lyssa put a hand on her arm.

Stifling a growl, the Madam Alpha hears Emmaline fussing.

"Sweetie, what is it? You're dry. You're fed. Are you cold? Tired?"

Looking over the railing again, they see Samuel walk into the front hall, carrying his daughter. They are all amazed to see her little chubby arms go out in Stephanie's direction. Samuel moves closer and the fussing abates.

"Um, Stephanie?" Stephanie looks up. "She wants you." She looks up to Samuel then down to the little girl straining to reach her.

Eyes flicking to Samuel, Stephanie puts out her arms. Samuel transfers his little girl over and asks, "Stephanie, are you alright?"

She doesn't answer him, pulling Emmaline tightly to her and setting back on her heels. She sticks her nose against the fine dark hair on the little one's head and inhales.

Her nose felt funny and she sniffed, suddenly realizing tears were rolling down her face. She hunches over the little girl, and her shoulders begin to shake.

Samuel is at a loss.

Ariel and Lyssa come down the stairs and settle next to Stephanie, one on either side, both rubbing her back. [Emmett, Alex, we have a situation in the front hall.]

Ariel knew this type of pain could turn one of two ways. Stephanie could either fall into depression or fly into a rage. If rage, she would have to be contained.

Emmaline's little hand continued to tap on Stephanie's cheek as Cassie came down the stairs, looking for her daughter. She gasped, seeing where Emmaline was, and the males watching. Samuel moves over, putting an arm around his mate. [She wanted to go to Stephanie, wouldn't settle down until I handed her over.]

[But, what's she doing?]

[I have no idea.]

Stephanie cried silently for another few minutes then stood, handed Emmaline back to her mother and swiped her forearm across her face.

The Madam Alpha and first Madam Beta watched carefully.

"I need someone to take me to the Ross den."

"Why don't you wait a couple of days, Stephanie?"

"It's perishable, my Alpha. A meal."

Ariel looks at her, considering. Stephanie looks around at the others. With the exception of the Alpha himself, the best fighters of the pack were in the room. They were afraid of what she would do.

She stood, quietly, and waited for her Alpha's decision.

"Very well. Lyssa, you will drive her." Emmett whirls and Lyssa looks startled.

She stutters, "Of course, Madam Alpha." She inhales and turns to Stephanie. "I'll meet you in the garage."

Stephanie nodded. "Thank you, Madam Alpha," and headed for the kitchen. Lyssa went for her purse.

Emmett looked at the Madam Alpha. [She needs to talk to a female, Emmett. There will be time on the trip over. And, as Beta, Lyssa will be able to bring her back.]

Stephanie held a covered pan in her hands as Lyssa drove.

Lyssa sniffed. "Smells good. You made meatballs?"

Stephanie grunted.

"I'm sure he'll enjoy it." Another grunt.

Silence.

Finally, most of the way there, Stephanie asks the question. "What are you supposed to do if he, he gives you pleasure, but doesn't want any in return?"

Lyssa thinks about that question, it was so odd. She knew Calvin was very old, perhaps, "Is he physically able?"

"Yeah. He had a morning hard-on."

"Maybe he was tired or not feeling well."

"That's not what he said." Lyssa waits, watching road go by in the darkness. "You want me to tell you what happened, don't you?"

"It's hard to offer advice if I don't know what's happened."

Stephanie growls. "I don't need advice."

Lyssa pulls into an empty parking lot. Putting the car in park, she turns to look at Stephanie. "Then why did you ask?"

"The Madam Alpha said I was selfish." Lyssa waits again for Stephanie to continue. Stephanie looks back at her and makes an exasperated sound.

"He made me come. I was tired. We slept. In the morning, I felt him behind me. He was ready. So, I offered to let him fuck me. When he didn't seem to want that I turned to suck his dick. He rejected me."

"Your first problem is that you offered to let him fuck you. Do you understand the difference between fucking and making love?"

"There isn't any difference."

"While there's nothing wrong with a good, solid fucking, making love is gentler, but no less passionate. It generally takes longer, sometimes hours, and requires a level of intimacy, of closeness, of knowing your partner and what they want, what they need. It also requires the participation of both parties. But, that doesn't mean that everyone comes to climax. Sometimes it's just you. Sometimes it's just him. And normally it doesn't happen at the same time, anyway."

"I was giving him his turn."

"He doesn't get 'a turn.' You do it because you enjoy it or because you want to make him feel good. It isn't a scorecard. You don't do him because he does you. You won't be 'even.' Females are multi-orgasmic. Males can only have, really, one at a time. Then they're done for a while..."

"I know," Stephanie growls.

"...and, a lot of times, they'll fall asleep afterwards."

"I know the physical of it, had a lot of experience." There is a pause. "Why was I selfish?"

Lyssa thinks for a moment. "He gave you a gift, he gave of himself, without expecting anything in return. What were you giving him?"

"My body, so he could have his release."

"But your heart wasn't in it, was it?"

Stephanie considers. "No."

"I would say that's why he didn't take you up on your offer. You weren't giving him anything equal in return."

"I thought you didn't keep score."

Lyssa groans in frustration. "You're not, but if you want to, then you can't be half-assed about it."

"The food is getting cold."

Lyssa put the car in gear and continued on.

Stephanie went inside while Lyssa waited in the car. Lyssa didn't know if she'd gotten through at all. It was such a difficult thing to explain, you should automatically just understand this sort of thing.

Mathias welcomed and announced Stephanie. She waited in the entranceway until Calvin appeared.

As soon as he got close enough, Stephanie yelled, "Bastard!" and heaved the plate at him. Calvin ducked the flying glass pan but couldn't avoid noodles and sauce.

The glass pan broke into three pieces as it hit the wall behind him.

Calvin's face, hair, and polo shirt were spattered with sauce and a few noodles stuck at his shoulders and waistband. A couple of meatballs bounced off him onto the floor. The noodles hit with a splat.

He stood there, completely taken aback.

Mathias had inquired and knew that Lyssa had brought her.

[Madam Beta of Wyeth, I think you should come in.]

Lyssa exited the car and headed for the front door at a run.

Calvin looks at her, anger evident on her face. His nostrils flare and he licks sauce off the back of his hand.

As Lyssa is granted entrance, Calvin says, "Good sauce. And why did you feel the need to chuck it at me?"

Loudly, Stephanie replies, "I don't know the rules! You've rejected me, thrown me away because I don't know the rules."

"Stephanie, what have you done? You've attacked the Ross Alpha! I apologize, Alpha Ross, what are your wishes?"

Calvin leans down, grabs a meatball, and pops it into his mouth. [Mmm, beef, pork, venison. I like a bit more salt, perhaps a bit of parsley.] Stephanie clenches her fists. This was not the reaction she expected.

"Madam Beta," he acknowledges Lyssa.

Stephanie takes a step forward. Calvin turns to her. "The rules are what I have been attempting to teach you, little one, but you are a stubborn pupil."

'Little one?' Lyssa thinks. Stephanie was not a small female.

Calvin gusts a sigh. "I am currently endeavoring to secure the future of my pack. I can no longer devote the time required to coddle you."

Lyssa snickers at the thought of Stephanie being high maintenance.

Stephanie goes red in the face. "Coddle me!?" She hadn't been 'coddled' since she was a pup.

"Stephanie.." Lyssa warns.

Sampson rushes into the room.

"What would you call it when I must be so careful of my words, my actions, when you are so prickly about everything? An untried female is easier to woo."

"What? You?" Stephanie sputters. "It's not the same."

"It's your shield, Stephanie, your armor. And you're fighting too hard to keep it intact."

[You're in love with her.] Calvin's head whips to Lyssa and his eyes show the briefest emotion before he schools his expression and turns back to Stephanie.

"It's also an excuse. But, you've proven yourself to me, for I've been stubborn as well." She looks at him, confused. "You trust no one, least of all males. Least of all yourself." He inhales deeply, exhales. "Go home, Stephanie. Come back only if you do."

Calvin turns and starts walking away.

Stephanie follows, slaps a hand on his shoulder. "That's it?!"

Calvin pivots, turning quickly, and grabs her by the throat. [Do you want me to beat it out of you? Is that the only thing you think that you deserve? The only way you think you should be loved?]

Lyssa stood still, waiting to see how this played out, not being privy to the exchange.

Stephanie spits in his face.

He released her at that and she turned and walked away. "I'd like to go home now."

As Stephanie walked past her, Lyssa turned to Calvin. "Alpha Ross? Is there anything... May we go?"

Calvin wipes the spittle from his face as he replies, "No, get her out of here, please."

"I'm sorry."

"I know. Good evening, Madam Beta."

[Quite the firebrand, Cal. Do you really think you can tame her?]

[Only if she tames herself.]

***

Severn had agreed that a local pack council made sense given the ongoing changes in the world of humans around them. The decision was made to approach the Macy Alphas next.

Calvin, meanwhile, had brought in his first set of candidates for an interview. The Foster Betas arrive and spend a couple of days at Ross. Things seem to go reasonably well, interviews, and questions going both ways. They are kept close, showing some aspects of the pack and its life without revealing too much.

Natalie, Ariel, Lyssa, Madeline, and Emmaline kept an eye on Stephanie. Emmaline kept relatively close to her, mystifying everyone.

Stephanie was now playing the voyeur. Where before signs of affection and sensuality would disgust her and make her move away, she was now noted watching couples, mated and otherwise, interact. She went to the pack's library a couple of times and looked over some book titles but she never took one while anyone was watching.

Hannah walked into the alcove where a couple of public computers were kept and caught Stephanie laboriously typing something. She only got the barest glimpse before Stephanie shut the computer down completely. However, not being computer literate, Stephanie had no idea someone could turn it back on and see what she had been looking at.

When Caroline came in and re-booted the computer, she found the browser opened onto a website about relationships.

Thomas had been corresponding with Lorelei on Facebook. He was proceeding very cautiously, quite unlike himself.

A date. Well, an actual date would involve going out. Lyssa told him that a typical first date generally involved dinner or a movie or both. Sometimes other things, depending on interests.

So, the next step in the human dating training was a meal outside the den.

When Lyssa told Emmett what she intended, he suggested they ask Stephanie along. Stephanie reluctantly agreed.

The Alphas were informed and agreed, as well.

Since neither Thomas nor Stephanie had experience, Emmett would dine with Stephanie and Lyssa with Thomas. They debated a double date scenario but settled on acting as two separate couples.

And, so, while they went to the same restaurant they drove separately. Unfortunately, Thomas' driving skills were a bit rusty and Lyssa spent part of the trip gripping the door handle.

She tries to keep her voice even. "OK, Thomas, you need some more practice with the driving before you take her out."

"I'm not... Aren't I...?"

"First off, she's human, she won't be able to take the turns at these speeds. Second, you'll attract the police with maneuvers like this. Third, humans don't have those kinds of reaction times. You'll get into an accident or a near miss."

"But?" He exhales. "OK, what do I do?"

"Accelerate more slowly, there's no need to stomp on the brake pedal. Slowly speed up and slow down. You shouldn't be throwing her around in the seatbelt."

Stephanie sits in the passenger seat, wringing her hands.

"Why are you so nervous?"

"Humans, they're so unpredictable. So...."

"Did you have that much trouble with Lyssa? Or Anna?"

"They were alone, and female. There will be many of them."

"Thomas will have a harder time."

"Why? Why him?"

"He wants to go out with a human female; Calvin knows who and what you are. You don't have to make small talk. Thomas will need to be on guard the entire time."

"Why would the Alphas allow us out if it's so dangerous?"

"Because, Stephanie, and I know others have told you this before, they want you to be happy. They want everyone to find their mate, and be happy."

KemMyst
KemMyst
1,303 Followers