Gamer Goddess Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Tx Tall Tales
Tx Tall Tales
20,377 Followers

We walked up and through the outside door. In the vestibule a man opened the door for us, letting us in, and the noise of the festivities out.

There must have been close to 100 people in there, and it was pretty crowded near the door. I felt Sheri's hand grip my arm tightly. "Dan," I said.

He stepped around us, and started walking through the crowd. I followed, with Sheri in his shadow. People were looking at us as we passed, and I heard the whispering, and a hush in our wake.

Mostly, I was looking for a break in the crowd, some space to get settled in. Someone had other plans.

I heard the squeal before I saw her. A tall leggy brunette, skinny but damned pretty, came barreling up to us. "Sheri!" she cried out, and a moment later my date was engulfed in her arms.

"God, I'm so glad you're here! You have to meet Robert. You going to be Ok with that? He's been dying to meet you. He knows..." she said.

Sheri was grinning. "I wouldn't miss your engagement party for anything. I'd love to meet him." She looked over at me. "Sandy, this is Steve."

I started to present myself, then I was fighting to keep my balance as our hostess leaped up and threw her arms around my neck, kissing me on the lips. Hard. I don't think I could have been more stunned.

"The infamous AceHole! Steve, you're my hero. Thank you so much," she gushed. "Anything you need, anything I can do for you that my fiancée would approve of, is yours for the asking." She grinned teasingly. "Maybe a little more if you can keep a secret. Hell, maybe a lot more."

Sheri was pulling her cousin's arm off me. "Harlot! He's mine! Damn it, you've got your own."

Sandy had an infectious laugh. "No shit. Anyone seeing him hover over you would know you're his. Shit girl, hit the jackpot much?"

I felt myself blushing. Dan came to the rescue. "Hey Cherry, what am I, chopped meat?"

She laughed. "Mr. Manners here is with us, if you don't mind. Dan's responsible for bringing hot-stuff and I together. Please forgive him if he drools or wets himself. He's not quite house-trained yet."

Sandy turned and gave him a big hug as well. "PerZeus is more than welcome. If he did nothing else ever, bringing you guys together would put me in his debt. I'll task one of the help with cleaning up after him."

He grinned. "I can keep secrets, if the same deal is on."

She laughed. "No way, Jose. I know Steve is too much of a gentleman to take me up on it. Just like I know that you're not."

"Hey!" I interjected. "Who says I'm a gentleman?"

She looked at me smirking. "Really? White Knight and all, you think it doesn't show? Face it, bub, you're toast already." She turned back to Sheri, grabbing her hand. "Come on, I've got a nice little spot staked out for you, and Robert really is dying to meet you."

Sheri reached back and grabbed my arm, squeezing my wrist painfully tight, as she was dragged into the depths of the house. A quick turn to the side, and we were suddenly standing in an oasis of peace, beside a column and behind a couch. Sandy turned and took Sheri by the shoulder, guiding her to the wall. She took me by the arm. "You, here," she said, establishing my post at Sheri's side, basically blocking access to anyone from behind the couch.

She walked over and took Dan by the elbow. "You're a hell of a friend, aren't you?"

"What are friends for?" he asked.

She leaned up and gave him a peck on the cheek. "This is your spot. Don't worry, I'll send a few single lovelies by to keep you entertained. You know your role, right? No more than one guy at a time gets back there."

He nodded. "Got it. I gotta meet this Robert guy. Seems like a lucky dude."

She laughed, giving him a squeeze. "You have no idea, sugar."

Sheri had seemed Ok, but I could tell she was getting a little flustered. She was shifting her weight, her eyes scanning the crowd.

"No worse than crossing that damned bridge in Act III," I said.

She looked up at me, and I saw a hint of a smile. "I was thinking the castle rampart catapults, and your job is to protect me, while those hordes of nasties keep coming."

"Shit, that's too easy. I'm used to protecting three of 'em. One little girl shouldn't be too hard."

She kicked out at me, connecting with my shin. "Watch who you're calling little girl."

"Ok, one gorgeous, stacked girl, with a hellacious ass shouldn't be too hard to protect."

She smiled, "The girl, the boobies and the booty all thank you, kind sir." She looked up, "...and it starts."

Sandy and, I assumed, her beau, walked past Dan single file. Not much choice, the way he had the opening blocked off. "Here she is Rob, my favorite person in the whole wide world."

He smiled, not offering his hand. "Thank you so much. You know you made her night." He turned back to Sandy. "Hey! Wait a second. I thought I was your favorite person!"

"No way. Favorite male person, and at the moment, that's just by a hair, considering Steve here got her out of the house, and the way you've been flirting with the Bobbsey twins."

He blushed. "You shouldn't leave me alone with those girls. They could eat a man alive."

I stuck out my hand. "Steve, second favorite male person. Behave yourself. I doubt I could survive being first."

He laughed, giving me a firm shake. "No shit. Tough job, but somebody's got to do it."

Sandy smacked him playfully. She seemed like an awfully physical girl. Not that I thought there was anything wrong with that. "Tough job, is it? Maybe I should see if there's anybody else that would like the position." She turned and looked over her shoulder. "I bet Dan would be up to it."

Robert pulled his fiancée close, and smacked her bottom playfully. "You don't really want bloodshed at our party, do you, love?"

"I see one of those girl's hands on your ass again, and we'll be knee deep in it," she answered, giving him a hard look.

Sheri seemed to be enjoying the little tête-à-tête. "Maybe I should check out that irresistible butt," she said.

Sandy's draw dropped. "Et tu, Sheri!"

My girl giggled. "You were manhandling my date earlier, dear cousin."

Robert gave her a look, and she blushed. "Jesus, you always were a tattle-tale. It was just a hug."

"And a kiss," Sheri teased.

"A small kiss," Sandy argued.

"On the lips." Sheri seemed to be getting a kick out of this.

"Closed mouth," Sandy whined.

"Mostly," I teased.

She gasped at me. "Keep it up, and you won't be number two much longer."

I laughed. "I'm not saying your mouth wasn't closed, beautiful." I gave Robert a wink.

His laughter was loud and strong. "Damn. I think we're going to get on just fine. I think a kiss for number two is definitely in line. That's all though. I wouldn't want you to have to kick my ass."

Robert was a big guy, a good 6'2" and obviously in great shape. I doubt if I could take him. No way I'd even want to try, he did seem like a good guy.

"That's all. I'd hate to bleed all over your nice new outfit. Besides, look who I'm here with. She'd skin me alive first."

"And salt you down, after," Sheri said.

Sandy took her man in hand. "The four of us. Soon, Ok?"

Sheri nodded. "I'd like that."

"You're sure?" her cousin asked, a little nervously, glancing at her man.

"Definitely. I can't stay cooped up forever, and if I can pry my man away from his myriad responsibilities for a bit, there's nobody I'd rather spend time with."

I saw Sandy's eyes mist up, then she leaned in and hugged her cousin. "I love you," she said softly.

"Me too," Sheri whispered.

I almost lost it when Sandy moved her lips to Sheri's in a kiss better than the one I'd received. "I can't thank you enough," Sandy murmured.

"Shh. It's cool. Everything. Go to your man."

Sandy pulled away, wiped her eyes, then reached up and pulled my head down, kissing me on the lips, her mouth a little less closed this time, her tongue caressing my lip briefly. "You," she said huskily. "I...shit, thank you. Thank you, thank you, thank you."

Damn if I didn't feel a moistness in the corner of my own eye. Just the left one you understand. Only one drop. I'm no friggin' wuss.

"I'm the lucky one," I told her.

Her lips turned back up, and Sandy wiped her eyes again. "I hope you know just how lucky you are."

"Luckiest man in the world," I told her, "with perhaps present company excluded."

She grabbed her husband-to-be and started to walk away. "Gotta mingle, and there are a lot of old friends dying to stop by. Let me know if it gets to be too much." She stopped and turned back. "You let this one go, I'm locking him in my basement. He's too good to let get away."

"Hey!" Robert said.

"Oh, don't worry dear. It would only be for when you're on travel. That's, what, about 50% of the time? I promise, the babies will all be yours." She laughed, dragging him off. He looked back at us, and rolled his eyes.

"She always like that?" I had to ask.

"This is one of her tame nights. He's good for her," Sheri said.

With the ice broken, a steady stream of old girlfriends stopped by, some chatting briefly, while others seemed reluctant to go. Several asked if she'd be around and if they could get together some time. Sheri didn't commit to any of them, but promised she'd be in contact.

I seemed to be getting a lot of attention. More than I was comfortable with. When the women showed up in twos or threes, too many of them found it necessary to stand very close. A few wandering hands found my waist, and one even crept a little lower.

Sheri noticed that. As soon as the offender was away she glared at me. "Public toilet would be cleaner. Tramp."

"I feel so dirty," I told her. "Used. How do you girls stand it?"

She tried to keep a straight face, then poked me. "Don't even think about it, bucko. You're all mine."

I leaned down and gave her a quick peck on the cheek. "And you're mine, gamer girl."

"Her tits are fake, too," she said.

"I know. The boobies already warned me."

Her grin was gorgeous. "Don't you forget it. They're very jealous."

"No worries. I prefer real and perfect every day of the week. Twice on Sundays."

A few guys stopped by, apparently most of them were old acquaintances, and she seemed to deal with it well. Mostly. After the fourth or fifth, I saw her getting antsy. "You alright?" I asked softly.

"I...I need a minute, Ok?"

I looked over at Dan, who managed to glance away from his ever-present new female friends every few seconds. I caught his eye, and ran my finger across my throat. He nodded, and stepped beside his latest charmer, blocking all access.

Sheri didn't look good. She seemed to be shaking. I turned her toward the corner carefully, and lifted her hand with the tablet in it. She opened the cover, and I stood with my back to hers, looking into mine.

"Want to blow this stand, and go kill something?" I asked.

Her face and chest filled my screen. "Too early, but it's tempting," she said.

"I don't suppose you could tilt the monitor down a bit. I think the boobies are trying to get my attention."

She smiled, and I got a view of her cleavage. "Like what you see?"

"Do you even need an answer? You know me and the girls have a special relationship."

I felt her butt rub up against mine. "Someone's getting jealous."

"No need. The booty should know by now it's a package deal. Especially in that dress, booty's getting a lot of attention."

"If you're good, maybe when we get to the limo, I'll let the girls have their way with you."

"Tease."

"Maybe. I guess you'll have to be patient and find out." She brought her lips up to the camera, giving me a pucker. "Thank you."

I did the same. "No thanks necessary. The least I could do for the woman I love."

She smiled. "Say it again."

"No thanks..."

"Asshole. Say it."

"I love you, Sheri."

The screen went dark, and she grabbed my arm, turning me. She was in my arms, hugging me hard. "Me too."

I stroked her hair softly. "Ready for the next wave?"

She sighed, releasing me. "Did you learn that from Dan?"

"What?"

"How to ruin a moment."

I pulled her in for a hug. "I would love to hold you all night, but the queue is backing up."

She looked over and saw more than a few curious eyes standing just beyond Dan, studying us.

She was better after that, and Sandy stopped by again for a quick visit. Somehow, she convinced Sheri to take the show on the road, and once again I was escorting her through the crowd, stopping for a drink for all of us at one of the bars, and making small talk to a few of the groups standing around.

So much better than I thought she'd be handling it. One guy brushed against her, and she turned away quickly, but managed to continue her conversation. I was afraid she'd panic, but she seemed to take it in stride. Damn, I was proud of her.

It was going too good. I let my guard down. After the second drink, I leaned over and whispered, "I have to hit the head. Be back in a second. Is that Ok?"

She was talking to two girls she seemed to know very well, and she nodded, waving her tablet. Dan was still standing only a couple of steps away. She was covered.

I made my way to one of the bathrooms, and waited in line for a bit. On the way out I met Robert, and he introduced me to a few friends before I could make my escape.

We'd been standing just outside the kitchen earlier, but when I got there, it looked like she'd moved on. I looked around, and saw Dan in the kitchen, obviously doing the same.

I pushed my way through the crowd. "Where?"

"She was just here. Not 30 seconds ago," he said.

One of the girls from earlier was standing nearby, and must have noticed our concern. "If you're looking for your girl, she took off like a cat with its tail on fire out the back door."

"What? Where?" I asked, looking for the door.

"She was talking to Dale, and then she took off that way," she said pointing to an opening at the side of the room, near the back wall.

"Call 'em!" I yelled at Dan, then took off after her.

The hall led to a utility area with a door to the outside. I was through it in a second, calling out for her. It was an alley that ran the length of the block in both directions. Stoops, garbage cans, utility boxes, and dark recesses were all I saw.

I was scanning the ground for some clue as to which direction she took when Dan came barreling out the door. I wanted to lambaste him for losing sight of her, but it wasn't the time. "You go that way," I said, and took off running in the opposite.

Like most of the New York blocks, this one was long and narrow, and seemed to go on forever. After a hundred feet or so I saw her tablet lying on the ground. I reached in my pocket and grabbed my phone. I pressed the push to talk. "She's this way," I said. "Tell the guys."

I was running now, and saw a crowd on a back stoop ahead. I was going to ask if they'd spotted her, when I saw her huddled in a ball, some guy's arm around her, trying to get her to drink.

There were three of them sitting there, one on the bottom step, touching her leg, the other two bracketing her, their bodies pressed against hers. She never even looked up at me, just sat, hugging her legs, rocking. It was a bad position, showing her panties to the guy on the bottom stoop.

I came to a stop. "Leave her alone, she's with me," I said angrily. Fuck. This wasn't good. She still didn't look up. She seemed almost catatonic.

The guy on the bottom step stood, placing himself between me and the others. "I don't think so. Looks like she prefers our company," he smirked.

I tried to stay calm. "Listen. She's my date. She's going with me. Just leave her alone. Can't you see she's not well?"

The bozo stepped toward me, "Get lost, asshole. She's fine here. You can't take care of her, we will. Go away and nobody has to get hurt."

The jerk trying to give her a drink reached over and thrust his hand in her top, smirking at me. "Private party, dickwad," he said.

I lost it. I should have waited; the others would have been there soon. Dan couldn't have been too far behind. But I couldn't. I'm not much of a fighter, outside of the game, but I rushed the guy in front of me, pushing him to the side, and grabbed for Sheri. I had her for just a second, before the guy with his hand on her was pulling her up the stairs, while the other two started on me.

I blocked a couple of their fists with my head and body, swinging wildly. I should have been paying attention to them, but all I could see was Sheri being dragged away from me. I launched myself at the guys with his hands on her, and drove him into the wall, hard.

I heard Dan yelling behind me, and I slammed the guy I had my hands on's head into the wall, and he dropped, letting go of Sheri. I turned and caught a foot in the side as I tried to get up, moving between her and the other two. I saw Dan was rolling on the ground with one of the guys, and I grabbed the leg of the kicker, dragging him down.

"Run, Sheri!" I yelled, trading blows with the guy between her and freedom.

She didn't move and I tried to push her. "Go!"

I caught a knee in the ribs, but managed to turn the guy and started whaling on his head. For a second I thought we were going to be Ok, when the door Sheri was leaning against started to open.

"What the fuck!" I heard, then saw the door push wider. I could only hope that Dan was doing better than me. I pushed the guy I was on against the door, wedging a foot against the rail, and gave Sheri a push. "RUN!" I screamed at her.

I wasn't fighting anymore, just pushing the guy, head tucked down, while he swung at me. I had to keep that door closed. Suddenly someone was on my back, beating down on my head, and the door was slowly opening despite my best efforts. A burning agony started in my back, sapping my strength. I couldn't see, and I knew I was in serious trouble.

I turned my head, and Sheri was huddled, shaking. "PORTAL, CHERRYBOMB," I yelled. "DON'T WIPE! PORTAL!"

I saw an arm and a leg snaking out the door opening with some kind of stick in its hand. The pain in my back took on a whole new meaning, and I could feel myself blacking out.

"Portal," I groaned. "Portal."

* * *

I shifted and bolts of pain shot through my back. I tried to move my arm and the pain moved to my ribs and forearm. Son-of-a-bitch, it hurt. I opened my eyes, and saw nothing but grey and white.

I heard footsteps, and a hand was on my shoulder. I tried to push it away and had to stifle a scream.

"Relax, Mr. Jeffery, don't try to move," I heard a strange voice intone.

I looked over and saw a figure in white standing over me.

"You've been injured," she said calmly. "Don't move."

I was lying on my side, and after trying to shift again, I knew she was right. I shouldn't move.

"Where..."

"Mount Sinai," she said. "You had us scared there for a while. You've got a lot of worried friends driving us crazy. If you'd settle down, I could check on you, give you something for the pain, and maybe we'll let you see a few of your buddies."

"Sheri."

"Shh. Be still. This will only take a minute."

It took a lot longer than a minute, but by the time she was done, my mind was clearing up and the pain was down to a dull roar.

The door opened, and in moments I was surrounded. "Stupid fuck," Dan said, standing at the head of the bed, looking down at me, anxiously.

"You...look like...shit," I said. It was hard to get the words out. My head felt like it was full of cotton, and my tongue was too big for my mouth.

I was right though. He did. He had his arm in a sling, and his face was swollen. Bandage on the side of his face, and a black eye tinged with reds and oranges. The split lip was an improvement.

"Look who's talking, dipshit. Couldn't wait for the cavalry could you?"

"Your face...looks better," I told him, trying to look around. Mark was there, looking fresh as a daisy, and behind him were Robert and Sandy. She looked like she'd been crying. I noticed that most were out of their party clothes, except Dan and Sandy.

Tx Tall Tales
Tx Tall Tales
20,377 Followers