Genuine Ch. 01

Story Info
Surreal beginnings for a white man and a black woman.
958 words
4.37
53.4k
20

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 10/18/2006
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
greenbee
greenbee
26 Followers

Chapter 1: The Meeting

She had a loveliness about her that was rare to find in a woman her age. Most twenty-something's were cute and fresh, but she had a sophistication that made him watch her out of the corner of his eye while he sipped his coffee.

"Will that be all for you, sir?" She smiled as she set the bill on the table in front of him. Her voice was smooth and low like a rich desert.

James felt himself harden at the sound of it and at the sight of the deep dimples on either side of her mouth. He nodded at her and picked up the bill. Throwing him one more smile, the pretty waitress and her coffee pot continued down the aisle.

***

Laura stared down at the two twenty dollar bills folded neatly on the table. Once again, the gorgeous man in the expensive suit had left way too large a tip for his morning coffee. Every weekday morning for the past month and a half she'd waited on him while he drank his coffee and read the business pages. She never minded that he took up a table while only purchasing coffee and his large tips were only half the reason for that.

Laura sighed deeply as she picked up the money.

He was definitely one of the most stunning men she had ever laid eyes on. His features were sharp and manly from his heavy brow to his strong jaw. The only thing soft about his face was his mouth. His bottom lip was full and fleshy giving him a permanently sexy pout. His suits were always perfect, never a wrinkle or a smudge. His jacket, tie and shoes were always fashionably matched, but in a way that spoke of class, not the silly "metro-sexual" craze that was sweeping through San Francisco. Laura had never seen him untidy. His dark brown hair was always combed immaculately. She could lose hours imaging how it would look ruffled by her fingers and falling into his eyes. She couldn't tell what color they were. Whenever she got close enough to peek, his gaze was always averted, towards his paper, out the window, anywhere but in her direction. She could understand that. There was absolutely no reason for a man like him to even glance at a woman like her.

She wasn't unattractive, but she knew she wasn't a knock out either. She was 5'3" and 130 lbs. The extra weight distributed itself in curves that made it hard for her to wear the fashionable designs many of her peers paraded around in. She never wore make-up because she preferred to spend her money on school, books, rent and other things that she deemed more important. Her hair was a mass of unruly curls that she usually tamed back into a low bun the moment she stepped out of the shower. Her best feature, as she was told time and time again, was her skin. Laura's skin was the color of deep brown earth warmed by the heat of the sun. Her skin was rich looking and flawless. It had a golden undertone that made it look like she was glowing from within. She was often stopped on the street by women and some men who wanted to know what skin care products she used. They never believed her when she told them it was simply genetics.

Laura knew she was pretty, but whenever she stood in front of that man, feeling weak in the knees and wishing with all her might that he would look at her just once, she felt incredibly plain. It was obvious to her that he wasn't interested and never would be, but that didn't stop her from going home at night and fantasizing about him. She had imagined memories of him all over her tiny apartment, in her bed, in the shower, in her kitchen, in the elevator... everywhere.

Smiling to herself Laura poured coffee for another customer. If she had it her way, she'd truly give him something to tip for.

***

The next day...

"You actually ordered food today! Are you celebrating something?"

James glanced up from his paper and smiled.

"As a matter of fact I am. Today is the one year anniversary of my divorce."

He watched her bright smile falter, and nearly groaned as she bit into her full bottom lip.

"I'm so sorry. That was very forward of me. I shouldn't have asked."

"No you shouldn't have." He set down his paper and looked at her fully. She looked terribly uncomfortable under his gaze. She shifted from foot to foot and swallowed noticeably. Her discomfort turned him on and he licked his lips.

"But there is a way for you to rectify the situation."

"Oh?" she said, her pouty lips forming a perfect ring around the word.

"You can go out with me tonight. Dinner."

"I don't know. I have to study for midterms next week."

James simply stared at her. She bit her lip again and offered him a smile.

"Alright, dinner." She breathed.

He smiled back at her and offered his hand. "I'm James by the way."

She shook his hand with one of hers and brushed her name tag with the fingertips of her other one.

"I'm Laura," she said, telling him what he already knew. He glanced at her nametag anyway, his gaze lingering on her chest. Even the ugly waitress uniform she wore wasn't enough to hide the fact that she had fabulous breasts.

"It's nice to get to know you Laura."

***

Laura smiled as she walked towards the kitchen to place his order. His eyes were the deepest, darkest, most beautiful shade of blue.

greenbee
greenbee
26 Followers